A Star Wars convention "virgin" (Alex) and my new Chicago Force friends / C2 experiences

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by Jester_Fett, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jester_Fett Jedi Padawan

Hello all! Alex here. Thanks again to all you guys for helping my love of Star Wars "burst out from within myself" after harvesting in inside for a very long time. Especialy to SoulRaven who gave me ride there and back. He rocks! The Force has led me too new friends. Here are some of the highlights of the trip:

Thursday: Meeting the guys of course and trying the nastiest, greasiest, best tasting tacos at taco bell (taco hell)for the first time. (Celebrity Alert!!!) After the 1st day I had to take a "share-a-limo" to my hotel from the convention (only $10) but I was the only one in the limo. A man stoped my driver from pulling away and partialy got in....I couldn't see his face and yelled "WRONG RENTAL LIMO"! I thought it was just another limo/taxi pickup. Then he closed the door and I saw his face out the window...I had just kicked out C3PO / master of ceremonies, Anthony Daniels from my limo! I was speachless for a bit. Then I told the driver and she laughed.

Friday: I got in line at 5:00 AM and was around #30th in line so I was one of the first to buy the exclusive figures, but before they opened the doors, Anthony Daniels came out to meet the first few fans in line so I got meet and take a picture with him. As I posed with him to get my picture with him, I whispered to him, "sorry about the limo thing yesterday" and he gave me a look and replied "that was you? That was the second time that happened to me". So I was relieved that I had a chance to apologize".

Saturday: I got in line at 7:00AM and was # gazilion something. In the afternoon I built a Mos Eisley diorama (moisture evaporater of which i will have pictures up soon) in the diorama room. I went outside to spray paint it and met Rick McCallum's manager. I got her to take it to him and he signed it along with my 3 day badge. The badge i will keep and the signed diorama Chicago Force will raffle off. (my donation)

Sunday: I was helping Chicago Force put fan club stuff in the cars and along comes Shannon Baska (Mara Jade) and Mary Oyaya (Luminara Unduli) and got a picture with them. With Shannon was Amy Allen (Aayla Secura) but we didn't recognize her untill afterwards.

I will post other highlights daily as I remember them because there are soooo many. Thanks again all!
  2. Rex_Karrde Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Jester, WASSSUP!!!

Glad that you had a good time with us.

We are waiting for you at the real line (McClurg ct.) And for the other members, come down to Mc Clurg and join us, it will be fun, WE GARANTEE IT!!!

3. Soulraven Jedi Knight

star 1
    Glad to have you, Jester, thanks for keeping me company. Those were some nasty tacos, weren't they? :)

You're welcome to join us anytime. Hope to see you in line at McClurg.
  4. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    jester...it was truly a blast...you gotta come down to the line...also AWESOME to see your story make it at TheForce.Net! supercool!

matt (the non-soulraven one)
  5. Boosters_SonInLaw Jedi Padawan

Hey everybody. I would like to say that I also had a blast at convention with everyone. From day one, I knew that being with the Chicago Force was worth it (Rex was rounding everyone up and moving them further up in line.)

Alex, you certainly seem to have had more brushes with greatness than I, however. One of the highlights for me was, while waiting for the Rick McCallum Spectacular on Friday Morning, at about 9:50 Rick comes walking out of the Tatooine Ballroom and announces to everyone in line "I need a ****ing cigarette."

Sorry I spaced on the line everybody, but I used up all of my vacation time with Celebration, and the airline lost my luggage. I'd rather not go into it, but I will be at McClurg after work for the 7:00pm show. Hopefully some of you will be there, no doubt seeing the movie for the second or third time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.