main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Star Wars experience from the beginning

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by slimybug, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Okay, picture this. It's 1976. You're going to see the movie Rocky. At the beginning, there is a preview for a space movie with laser guns blasting, ships flying, and old guys fighting with laser-swords. It ends with the title STAR WARS. You think "Gee, that looks good. I might go see that.(By the way, I have no idea wether or not Rocky showed a preview for Star Wars. It's just the only film I could think of that came out in '76.

It's 1977. You're going to see the movie STAR WARS. You come out mesmerized. That was the best movie you've ever seen. Wow! *****! About a month later you go to your local comic book shop. There is a comic book of STAR WARS. It's the first part of a six-part comic-book adaption of the movie. Over the next six months, you buy them all. Then the next month, you see issue #7. ISSUE #7! You're favrits movie is now a comic book series! You buy all the issues. You become the biggest fan. You are extremely exited when a new novel comes out. SPLINTER OF THE MIND'S EYE becomes your new favorite book.

The year is 1979. You're going to see the movie Moonraker. There you see a preview you can't believe. STAR WARS 2! Well, actually, it's called The Empire Strikes Back. But what a great title! You can't wait to see it!(Once again, Moonraker? I don't know.)

It's 1980. You go see ESB on opening day. HOLY CRAP! Even better than the first! And the best part is, the ending guarantees a sequel! The comics debut another 6-part storyarc covering the events of that movie. Of course, you continue reading the comics until ther cancellation in 1982. Then you see a preview for...RETURN OF THE JEDI! After seeing it, the comic series returns for a six-part adaption of the movie, and then a few new special edition issues before finally ending for good. But is that all? No. New novels debut, taking place in between or before the movies. Then, inthe mid-eighties, a new invention comes out. The VIDEO!! New movies, after being taken out of theater, are now on a new format where you can take them hoem, and watch them on you're TV any tiem you eant, even being a ble to rewind, fatforward, pause, and stop them. Old movies are also coming out on video, and the Star Wars fliks com out in a boxed set, which you immediately buy. In an interview with Leonard Maltin on the videos, discussing his plans to make aprequel trilogy. Oh, so that explains the Episode 4, 5, 6 thing. Wait a minute...PREQUELS??! MORE STAR WARS MOVIES!!! I CON'T WAIT!! Then, in 1991, a new novel comes out. Heir To the Empire. And guess what? For the first time ever, this book takes place after the movies, continuing the saga! Leia and Han are married, and Leia is pregnant with twins. It is actually part of a tilogy of books. After that, new novels, comics, and cartoons come out. There are even more movies that take place on the Ewok home moon. The Courtship of Princess Leia tells how Han and Leia got married. Dark Empire gives Han and Leia a third child, Anakin. Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future show Luke getting married to Mara Jade. Then, in 1998, you go see Godzilla, and see a trailer for...Oh, my God! The prequels are coming!(U NO)

2. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Thats a great story. :D

3. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Nice presentation. :) Who is Leonard Maltin? ?[face_plain]

4. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    He's a film critic.

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    And that, my friends, is how babies are made. ;) :p

Truly an amazing tale. That's how it should be... [face_mischief] ;)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.