main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi A Star Wars Fan Of Old But New To The Site

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by KINGROKOKO, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KINGROKOKO

KINGROKOKO Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2018
    Hi everyone,

I am a filmmaker of almost 20 years and a lifelong Star Wars guy. I got into the business in no small part because of Star Wars and my all time joint favourite film The Empire Strikes Back. All my years in Hollywood served only to galvanise my belief that something has been lost in the magic cinema once had in this industry.

I'm new to the site and have been aware of theforce.net since about 2000 in the fallout over Phantom Menace and the build up to what turned out to be Attack Of The Clones. I never joined but frequented the site for news and reveals. My first experience of Star Wars was when I was three years old and saw A New Hope for the first time in 1982. This was the beginning. I am beyond a Star Wars fan. It was pretty much my life.

To say I'm a fan undermines how important it has been to me up until the bricks started getting chipped away with The Phantom Menace. I was one of the guys that lined up for months for that film in 1999. Bought multiple tickets when I finally got to the booth. Stood in the rain outside in line for Sith. Owned every version of the OT from Betamax to VHS to DVD to digital. Toys, games etc. I think the only thing I never wanted to get into was the comics and Expanded Universe because I felt it somehow diminished the fantasy of the unknown in between the movies. Anyway here I am. One of the older generation of fans I am guessing.

As you may have guessed while the prequels disappointed me greatly, I have disconnected entirely due to the direction of the sequels and spin offs. I skipped Rogue One and also Solo. That being said, my thoughts on the state of things are for another day and thread. Show me the ropes on here. There aren't many forums where open discourse is still allowed on fan film.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano and Bazinga'd like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome! I think you will have a fun time here.

KINGROKOKO likes this.
  3. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Welcome! My intro was ROTJ when I was a wee lad and it's been an obsession ever since. I found ESB and ANH backwards after ROTJ. Great thing about this place is you will find fans of every appreciation level so your views and thoughts have a place to be discussed in various threads throughout

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  5. KINGROKOKO

May 26, 2018
    What is the Fan Films forum for?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    As the forum description says: An offshoot of the famed TheForce.Net Theater, this is your place to discuss not just fan films, but all aspects of do-it-yourself filmmaking. We also host discussions of 3D graphics and fan-created audio projects..
    If you want more information on what is or isn't appropriate you could drop the forum mod a PM. His name is in the forum header. Just a note that this site is family-friendly so discussion of an adults-only film would not be appropriate.

7. KINGROKOKO

May 26, 2018
    Ah I just checked it out! Very nice. I actually have something that's a little unique that you may be able to tell me where to post it. I am also a software developer and computer programmer as a hobby. In the fallout over the validity of reviews and ratings for The Last Jedi I created an app that validates movie reviews and ratings and would very much like to get feedback and support from fellow Star Wars fans. Note this app isn't limited to Star Wars but to all fans of film. As a director I am always interested in the thoughts of my audience. If you know where is best to post a thread for this, let me know! Thanks for the welcome guys. I look forward to the chat on the site. I may also post links to some of my short form films if folks want to see them however I assume people here only want to see Star Wars fan films.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We have non-SW film discussion in our Community forum. You could drop one of the mods there a PM to ask if a thread about the app would be OK there.

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! @LAJ_FETT has pointed you in the direction you need :) please let me know if I can help you find anything.

Have you read any of the novels or comics?

10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @KINGROKOKO -- welcome! For the ST, it's a mixed bag [face_laugh] I'm not a fan of where the ST films went :( but I love the novels that are character driven and tie in: Leia, Princess of Alderaan; Thrawn; and The Last Shot, A Han and Lando Story. I did also enjoy the novelization of Rogue One. :cool:

12. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
  13. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there @KINGROKOKO and welcome to the forums - I hope you will enjoy it here with us.

14. KINGROKOKO

May 26, 2018
    Nope I avoid them

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Lady Belligerent likes this.
  15. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Avoid? Are you just not into them or did you have a bad experience?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.