main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV A Star Wars mystery

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Take a look at This. This is a page from the comic adaption of The Last command. The third book in the Zahn trilogy. This adaption came out in 1997, two years before The Phantom Menace. And yet Im sure you'll all agree that the tapestry in the second panel of this comic page looks alot like Padme Naberrie.

Leia does not know who her mother is at this time. Why would there be a tapestry of Padme on coruscant in the first place?

Leia is not even in her normal suite during this scene. Imperial agents trashed her normal one in a botched attempt to still the newly born twins. Anyone got any ideas? Or am I reading too much into a panel of a comic book?

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    that is a hardcore trip, man.

3. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    hm...that is very interesting. it does look like padme. maybe she doesnt' know who it is and, like, someone who used to live there was a supporter of padme? or maybe it was formaly a suite of padme's? good question though. i would really be interested in knowing if you ever find out.

4. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Well as wierd as it is, I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

5. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    FINE! you thread killer.

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    There's no way thats a coincidence, look at its (the tapestry) prominence in the panel. Thats wasnt some random occurance.

7. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i concur.

8. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Ok. you're right, I'm wrong. I'm sure he had some insight on the fact that they were going ot hire natalie portman as padme, and he was just sitting back and waiting for someone to stumble upon his mystery.. maybe there's a prize, you should look into it.

the above comment was not made with sarcasm.

the above comment about the sarcastic line was a complete lie, cause I was being sarcastic.

9. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    perhaps they looked for someone who looked like the picture for episode 1. perhaps GL is a timetraveling Ewok in a human sized cyborg and he knew what was going to happen. question though, do any of the extended universe novels or comics or whatever make any mention of those dreaded gungans?

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    You people claim to be Star wars fans... I already stated that the adaption came out in 1997, a mere 2 years before The Phantom Menance came out. Principal photography on a Star Wars film would be well underway if not completed 2 years from the release date.

11. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    ok then. so what's the problem? im confused now. i was on your side and now im confuesd. *crys again*

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Oh I was only talking to DarthDarkStar, none of that was meant for you Jade

13. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    oh ok!! yay!! im still kinda confused tho. :(

14. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    He's responding to my comment that maybe the person who made the picture already knew who was cast as padme... but that isn't the only mystery surrounding the picture... now is it????????

15. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.