main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Star Wars retake on the 7 samuri planning thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tellesto, Jan 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    you sound ambitious in wanting to create this rodan wanna be.
    i gotta say evil-sith's character is the wanna be but your proposal is cool.
    so go ahead and make him dude!
    and welcome to the group!
    thanks for making the 2 villagers(city dwellers? whatever.)bullwinkle. guess i need to use your other name now huh?
    and that means 2 more jedi. I want these guys to be full fledged knights by the way.
    also now i think we need to determin where are the smugglers atacking. the outer rim sure sure.
    but is it a planet they want? a town? these 2 villagers need a place to come from. now we have to design the place the jedi are hired to protect.
    lemme here your ideas.

2. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    very good!!!
    nice work bullwinkle!!!
    I couldent have asked for two better charcaters.

now we will need the 2 more jedi and then of course the 2 sith.
    I'll do one of the sith for now. anybody who wants to do the other is obviously welcome to.

and also for the village mabey we can have a planet with a forest/endor setting.
    but of course they will have technology.
    think about that.
    great job!!!

3. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I can write one or more of the sith if no one else wants to. I've even got another nick I can use for posting them.

I think that the BadGuys should want a whole planet, or at least a continent. This is SW after all. Think big. And I like the killed the Hutt and went out on their own idea.

4. Sergej Eisenstein

Sergej Eisenstein Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 1999
    I really have some nice ideas for the Rodian Jedi. Whether he will be the scoundrel or an experienced Jedi, doesn't really make a big difference.

His name is Matto Kozazi and he has always been an outcast on Rodia. His parents were Rodian nobility, and members of the clan of the Grand Protector Horrobo Kyl, but they gave him away to some old beggar right after birth because of what they deemed "a horrible disfigurement": he had a slightly brown-reddish skin, which is absolutely unacceptable for a Rodian, because they all have the same green skin.

This beggar knew there was something special about the child, and when a Jedi Master came to Rodia as an embassador to negotiate between two factions whose "War Games" ( a favorite Rodian pastime) had got out of hand, he entrusted him with the young boy. He then told him young Matto's story and begged to bring him back to Rodia when he would have become a full-fledged Jedi Knight, to save the oppressed Rodian population from the mad elite.

Matto Kozazi took a red lightsaber to go with the color of his skin; his Jedi Master, whose name was Alamin Dei Bar, was a very wise and experienced pink-skinned Ortolan, and he waited to tell his Padawan learner of his heritage until he was mature and could see things in the proper perspective.
    Unfortunately, Matto once overheard his master talking to another master about him, and decided to run off to Rodia, to claim his heritage.

Matto ended up leading one of the rivalling parties in a mindless War Game, and upon overthrowing the previous rulers, he came to realize the futility of his endeavours, because now another clan would rule, with no more common sense than the last one, and with the same lack of respect for their citizens' needs. He then ran off, and eventually ended up with our gang.

Matto has become obsessed with a certain famous Rodian play that was written by the great Rodian writer Ambalo Bokk, and thinks it symbolizes his fate.

Whaddayathink?

5. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    exelent.
    I want all the 7 jedi to simbolize there former selfs.
    a shadow of what they one where.
    and you guys have done a great job.
    i guess that means what 1 more jedi?
    then we work on the story.
    remember 7 samurai is our baisic frame for this story.

6. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    I mean 2 more jedi.
    if no one has any ideas for 2 more jedi then I'll create 1 more and of course I want to hear your guys ideas on the sith(horsemen)

7. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Well, I think at least one of the Sith should probably be Human, but the other should be something like a Dug, yeah, a Dug. That would be cool.

I'll write up the Dug Sith. So, Bullwinkle, if you're doing the apprentice that means that the Dug will be the Master Sith?

8. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    sounds like you guys got it coverd.
    I think the aprentice should be human.
    bullwinkle will have to work that specal magic once again to get another plantinum character.
    also why do you think the bandits/smugglers in our case are rading this planet?
    in 7 samurai it was for crops women and good recklessnes. in our story what does the planet have that is wanted? we still havent figured that out.

9. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    you and Lilith descide who gets to do who.
    but make one of them a dug for sure!
    that'll be sweet.
    and just like smugglers and bandits alike we can have the smugglers in it for greed money goods...everything this planet has.
    but the sith/horsemen have the true intention of conquring the outer rim..one day the republic.

10. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Personally, I think I'd rather do the apprentice, but I want to do the Dug. I believe it would be great fun.

So Bullwinkle can do the Human Master.

[This message has been edited by Lilith Demodae (edited 01-21-2000).]

11. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    2 more jedi are needed.
    I have a crazy idea for one but I'll need your guys aproval first.
    a jedi that is big and bulky but in strength not fat.
    he would have fur covering all over himself and hiding all of his features except his eyes and mouth.
    but when there is a disturbance in the force his hair growns into spikes and become very sharp and deadly.
    of course he could use them as projectiles and shileds and even roll up into a ball like a procupine and roll down everything in his path.
    of course he would have a lightsaber.
    well what do you guys think? if no one else comes up with any ideas for our 2 other jedi or no new people join then I'll put this guy in.

12. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    That's a neato idea, Tellesto. I'd definitely like to see that. Sort of a humanoid hedgehog/porcupine.
    Here's the Sith Master. I recycled his name from one of my earlier stories, and because I love this name.

Name: Darth Talon
    History: No one really knows who Talon was before he became a Dark Lord of the Sith, but it is believed he might?ve been a Jedi padawan. When his master was slain in an ?accident,? Talon began his descent into darkness, and is now a formidable foe on the battlefield. Talon has gone undetected by the council for several years now, and is using this cloak to operate a small band of pirates, manipulating them to gain resources and territory in the Outer Rim, slowly building and building up his malevolent army before he?ll plunge deep into the heart of the Republic and slay them all.
    Profile: Talon is savage, cruel, and brutal. He will take every advantage he can, he will do anything to win in combat, regardless the consequences. He is a vicious man, capable of anything, with enormous agility, strength, and prowess. If his physical abilities cannot out-and-out crush his opponents, his mastering of the Force will. Talon?s majesty in Sith magic is large-scale and legendary; most of which is perpetuated by his own propaganda teams. Talon is also an expert swordsman, though he?ll preferably use the Force to destroy his opponents, rather than his blood-red lightsabers (two). Talon likes to plan a lot, often preferring the planning stage to actual action, and will spend days plotting to perfect way to perform an operation that will take but a minute. Talon is also vindictive and manipulative, quite able of sacrificing his young apprentice to accomplish anything. He can always get another one.
    Talon has the traditional Sith tattoos under his left eye (three parallel lines on the cheek thereof), along with a tattoo on his forehead depicting a third eye, that of a vicious beast; it is the Seal of the Raptor, an alchemist?s tattoo that promises ?quick-thinking and even faster action.? A scar from a battle with a rebellious pirate streaks from the bridge of his nose to the right of his lips. He also has two emerald studs seared on the temples of his head, denoting his declaration of eternal war against the Jedi.

13. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Okay, one Sith apprentice coming up . . .

14. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Name: Darth Vex
    Race: Dug
    Background: Vex is large for a Dug and physically very fast and strong. Before Talon found him, Vex was just a young bully with a gift for true cruelty. Talon sensed the strength of the Force within him and took Vex on as his apprentice. Before the Dug had enjoyed himself by hurting smaller children and harassing the aliens who wandered the market place. Now, as Talon's apprentice and a strong Force user, Vex manipulates other beings and torments them before finally killing them. No one lasts long as a servant around him. The ones that try and flee before he is done only bring down his wrath upon their heads as opposed to his twisted, sick sense of humor. Now that he has come fully into his powers and is a fighting match for Talon (or so he believes) he is only looking for the opportunity to rid himself of his master's oppressive presence and take over the small empire Talon is building, though he plans to wait till much of the building is complete. There is no point in working harder than absolutely necessary when it comes to empires.
    Personality: Cruel, twisted, mean just for the sheer pleasure of hurting others, Vex would have eventually been caught by the authorities somewhere and executed, but with Talon to rein him in, he's never been even close to being suspected, though he is very impatient and chafes at some of the restrictions his master places upon his activities. He sees himself as better than those around him, not by dint of genetics or intelligence or even strength, but that he is a Force user, a strong one, and they are not.

[This message has been edited by Lilith Demodae (edited 01-22-2000).]

15. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    both of you did great!
    we now have our sith/horsemen!!!
    great job guys!!!
    now we need to create the smugglers!!!

16. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    recap.
    ok so we have our 2 sith.
    they take the place of the horsemen in the 7 samurai.
    then we have our 5 jedi.
    2 more are needed.
    the 5 jedi are.
    a leader who is soft spoken
    a master saber duelist.
    a rodan who turned his back on his teachings and now seeks redemption.
    a wanna be jedi knight.
    a padawan whos master has died.
    great!
    then we have the two villagers who go to get the 7 jedi knights.
    anybody who has a jedi character who has not created one yet may post.
    but on wednesday I'll begin asking my writing crew if they just want to finish off the 2 jedi.
    also we have to know what this planet is like that the jedi are hired to protect.
    and I'am gonna watch the 7 samurai soon so I can get some last minuite ideas before we bring the plot together.
    great job!!!

17. Sergej Eisenstein

Dec 1, 1999
    I think one of the Jedi that we still need should be a woman.

Not because I'm trying to be PC, but it simply adds some more...well, y'know...heck, I just think there should be a woman.

Oh, and one more thing...I think this has been mentioned, but I guess this village has to be very special if the Sith are so keen on getting their hands on it...does anybody have any idea what's up with that!?

[This message has been edited by Sergej Eisenstein (edited 01-25-2000).]

18. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    the village or in this case plantet holds many natural resources.
    bacta water being one of them as well as the fact that it isint populated by the yalsimary so it is easy for the sith to take it over.
    the smugglers just want to mess around and have a good time. the sith however need this baise planet to have the outer rim and eventualy the whole galaxy.
    of course i need to keep alot of surprises in store for when the story starts.
    and about the early part of feburary we should begin it.
    the planing has asured that this will be a great story.
    two more jedi and the smugglers and planet need to be desinged.
    we will begin work on those latter things as soon as this thursday.
    as for the female jedi...if you can figure out one that remains faithfull to akiras original plot yet original in it's own right like our other 5 characters then go ahead and post it.

19. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    if you can create a belevable female character that is in the spirit of akiras original vision but original like our other characters then I'll be happy to put it in the story.
    as for a date when this is comming out I'd say early febuary at the latest, mabey.
    a good story needs an essental amount of planning.
    also we just need 2 more jedi and our sith are done!!!
    now we need to create the smugglers and the planet they are violating with the village of people.
    the sith want the planet as a baise for there galatic campaighn and because the planet has many natural resources as well as bacta water.
    hope that answers your questions!

20. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    well since no one has posted any new jedi the I guess that means we have to create them.
    of course anybody who's afraid to put there character into our lot needent worry.
    any character that sounds cool and is in the same spirit as akira's original likeness is fine by me.
    if not then I think I'll create that spiny pourcupine jedi unless my writing crew has any objections to that.
    so we need 2 jedi right?
    so far we have the leader, the weapons master, the padawan, the wanna be, the rodan who abandoned his teachings, and is that it???
    now let's begin working on the planet the smugglers are pilaging.
    what do you guys think it should look like?
    what should it be like?
    and what the heck will it's name be?

21. Sergej Eisenstein

Dec 1, 1999
    Tellesto - I love the hedgehog Jedi. Please add his profile. Maybe he can be the heavy-set joker from the original?

Now Bullwinkle in his initial post in this thread indicated the following 7 samurai in the movie: the elderly mentor, his strategist friend/ second in command, the kid apprentice, the heavy-set joker, the battle-hardened veteran, the ladies' man, and the scoundrel.

O.K. so to which do our characters correspond? Correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe we have the following:

-Porauw Luned = Ithorian = soft spoken leader -> the elderly mentor

-Delude Ord = Quermian = master swordsman -> battle-hardened veteran

-Karik = Togorian = Padawan who's master has died -> ladies' man (all right Lilith? I mean this is your character, so you must approve of this)

-Saruman Koby Yar = humanoid = Wanna be Jedi knight -> The kid

-The hedgehog = ???????? = ........ -> Heavy-set joker (is that okay with you Tellesto?)

-Matto Kozazi = Rodian = Jedi who turned his back on his teachings and now seeks redemption -> scoundrel/ madman

I have an idea for the last Jedi, the female I was talking about. Since the strategist is not yet taken, I suggest she be just that.

She's humanoid, she's elderly, and she has a special liking for the planet our Jedi have to defend because although it's not her home planet, she spent a few years there during her training. She is very fond of the planet for its natural richess.

That's all I have right now. I'll have a complete profile tomorrow.

22. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Sergej Eisenstein, actually, I'd envisioned Karik as the kid. The ladies man should be someone a lot older than a wandering padawan. The wannabe should be someone without jedi training. If I remember correctly, there was a madman and a wannabe, thought it's been a while since I last watched, so I could be wrong.

23. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    well you guys have it worked out prety good.
    evil siths character sounds to me like the wanna be.
    liliths character sounds like the kid.
    my character sounds like the battle hardend veteran.
    bullwinkles sounds like the leader.
    then who can foget the rodan madman?
    yes it seemes to me that we have created an orginal stable of characters that folow along akiras original vision very well.
    yes I'd be honored to have my porcupine/hedgehog jedi in this story and I think the joker title suits him well!
    also it sounds like this elderly jedi is prety cool!
    go ahead and do her!!!

24. Sergej Eisenstein

Dec 1, 1999
    Go ahead and do her!!!

Hey, now, Tellesto...It's not that kind of a story, right?

What you said is great, Lilith and Tellesto - so Sethnashri (that was his first name, right?) Karik is the kid, and Saruman Koby Yar is the wannabe: in which case the "ladies' man" is not accounted for, but I can live with that.

So then, with Tellesto's humorous hedgehog/ porcupine Jedi and my elderly female Jedi, we have seven! Somebody go get Bullwinkle and the others!

Now for the profile:

name: Menipa Porel

history: Menipa Porel was discovered as a Jedi hopeful on Alderaan by the great Alamin Dei Bar, the same Ortolan Jedi Master who would many years later fail to prevent the all-too rash Rodian Jedi apprentice Matto Kozazi from hurtling straight towards disaster.

At the tender age of six months old, she was taken by him to Coruscant, where she was taught many of the basic techniques. Master Alamin taught her how to be in tune with her surroundings: a basic Jedi technique the Ortolan excelled in, because of the finely attuned sensory organs this alien race possesses. She never had much liking for the lightsaber though; still, upon completing her training, she constructed one like all Jedi have to, a very light blue lightsaber, which often appears more white than blue.

After her basic traing, she went as a Padawan along with her Master on several missions. It was on one of these occasions that Alamin told her about the special environment our planet possesses, like its abundance of the healing bacta-water,and other natural treasures like Llaamah, which are hypnotic flowers, a very desired item throughout the entire galaxy. Alamin feared for this planet: he had foreseen that one day in the future the Sith would come for it. It was on this planet that Menipa rediscovered the delights of wide-open, unconstrained nature, which she still subconsciously remembered from the first six months of her life on Alderaan, and which she had missed on the city-planet of Coruscant.

Menipa would grow up to be a valued Jedi knight. Although she was ever reluctant to engage in combat, she developed a keen strategic insight on the battlefield, which she often put to good use in preventing bloodshed.

When her former Master Alamin Dei Bar, lost his failed apprentice Matto Kozazi to the ongoing War Games on the planet of Rodia, she returned to Coruscant to console him. She was with Alamin on his deathbed, and his last request of her was to find young Kozazi, who was adrift somewhere in the galaxy...

personality: Very intelligent, warm, and self-sacricing, but often hesitant to engage in combat, even when this is necessary. Sometimes the always great devotion to the people she feels she has to protect has lead her to make the wrong decisions, although more often it has given her the drive to do exactly what was needed.
    Menipa always has a very strong connection with her environment because of special techniques taught to her by her great pink-skinned Ortolan Jedi Master Alamin Dei Bar.

25. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    well very good!
    also I want to mention that SOME creative licence can be taken with our characters-I dont want a rehash of the great Akira's work.
    so i guess now it is time to create the planet and village that the smugllers/sith(horsemen are atacking.
    I want it to be very similar to endor but also have alot of weird creatures and alot of villages or citys that are built together.
    this large village is being atacked of course.
    also I want all fans of the seven samurai classic to answer this.
    is our story so far a very good remake of the 7 samurai that stays close to the original vison with extreamly cool jedi or simply a rehash or nt close to the 7 samurai at all?
    i hope we are doing a good job!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.