main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A still from my NASA animation.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PixelMagic, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, Yes, I suppose I should tone down the stars. And the reason the space goes from light grey to black is because the sun is over there, and that is a glow from the sun. The Earth's atmosphere being too thick really isn't my fault..lol. It's a NASA photo, blame nature. I just made the surface of the earth go to black on the right side. That's all I changed on the earth itself. It was just a VERY high rez picture of the earth that I scaled down to fit the image.

And Carl, used the same lighting as always, except I used your AWESOME settings for the fill light shadows. Man it renders a whole lot faster. Thanks bud!

2. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    You gotta love it when people start nit-picking an actual NASA photograph :D

Pete

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Okay, first, Pixel, GREAT picture!

And now my beef with datoolman...

Da, I've always thought you were a good guy, but recently you've been acting like a donkey. Lighten up a little. This is a STAR WARS message board.

And remember the old phrase, 'If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.' Okay?

Not picking at all... just asked a very logical question. With the space problems here I just don't see that a new thread was needed.

That's the other thing...I guess this is a good time you tell you: TFN's fan film problems have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BOARDS!!

The boards are hosted by Snowball, NOT TFN!!

Okay? So everyone shut up about our prescious server space being used up by the boards, okay? THEY DON'T HAVE A RELATION!

Ok...I'm done.

4. PixelMagic

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey guys. I updated the image to fix the recommendations you guys gave me, including more accurate stars. What do you think of this version? I also took out the lens flare, cause it looked cheap. What do you think?

UPDATE

5. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Much better.

6. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    of course not wanting you to do anything less than the perfect job, I have to point out that the stars while they are much better look a bit photoshop in that image. IE single pixels of white scattered on black. I might suggest duplicating the layer and adding a little bit of guasian blur behind them, just a little to give them a slight soft edge without loosing intensity

7. PixelMagic

Oct 8, 2001
    I did that Shawn. Humm, maybe I didn't do it enough. THANKS!

8. datoolman

datoolman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2001
    I am not going to get this thread off-topic so I will start by saying the new pic looks GREAT. Textures are very well done as well as the planet glow. Good job !

Now to Eagle

How exactly do you see that the boards have no relation to TFN? TFN is 'The Force Dot Net'. The boards are hosted by the same entity as the site. The site hosted the movies. The board as well as the site and the movies use space and bandwidth. Not sure how you see it different. If you can explain please do.

Now to the donkey remark. LOL... the word is jackass. I gave some constructive criticism to P.M. in another thread. If he took it wrong... well sorry. It was just an observation. I certainly didn't jump in the thread and rip him a new one. It was simply an opinion and like jackasses, every third world country has one. I guess I will have to start putting :) ;) :p in font or behind of every post so folks don't get their feelings hurt. He seems to feel that I am picking on him. I most certainly am not. If he or anyone else feels that I have treated them unfairly, just send me a PM and I will gladly respond.

I think I am pretty fair in my remarks. I may stray now and then, but for the most part I am right on target. I maintain a great deal of restraint in some of my responses and in other cases I don't respond to threads at all. If I did it would make TAC blush or run for cover. Yes Eagle I am a good guy. I offer opinions without sugar coating it. If you get your feelings hurt in the process then you will either get over it or fester in your own contempt.

The next statement that will fall out of someone?s mouth is 'but you said in a thread a while back that we need to help these folks out and not blast them. You said that that only makes them want to quit and not do better'. I said that about the newbie blasting that was so widespread a few months ago. The regulars here should have a thick enough skin and have become acclimated to the boards to take a little criticism and roll with it.

Back to the topic....

I would love to see that pic with a little motion blur. Forward as well as rotational movement.... just for fun.

D

9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    How exactly do you see that the boards have no relation to TFN? TFN is 'The Force Dot Net'. The boards are hosted by the same entity as the site. The site hosted the movies. The board as well as the site and the movies use space and bandwidth. Not sure how you see it different. If you can explain please do.

They aren't hosted on the same server. At least I don't think they are...

10. datoolman

datoolman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2001
    theforce.net is the same as boards.theforce.net. It's a sub-domain of the same server. The server is run by Snowball and owned my IGN. No matter how you cut it... every post and every film hosted add to bandwidth and space.

D

11. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Man, Pixel you never cease to amaze us with your talents.

My only nit pick would be a realism one. The space station looks like its only purpose it to provide solar power to liquid fuel canisters.

Keep up the good work, we love you, never leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.