main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "A Strange Thing" Post NJO, one-shot. Edited.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SaberBlade, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    That was so moving with the emotional bonds and unspoken sadnesses that I felt a distinct prickling behind my eyes and I don?t cry at that much in fiction.

2. MJSLSBS

MJSLSBS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    thtat was so sad.

jaw hangs open in shock

tears in eyes

so sad

so beautiful

MJSLSBS

3. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I was pointed to this thread by the wonderful Jedi_Jaina_Durron and was promised that I would love this fic.

All I can say is "Yes." I don't even know what else to say--yes, I loved it; yes, it is briliant; yes, it is sad; yes, it is deep. But any words of praise I can offer to you only partly express the appreciation I have for this post.

Just take the biggest compliment you can ever imagine getting and realize that I am giving it to you right now.

Just, yes.

4. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    *hand slaps over her mouth* Oh dear Force, you killed Shada. How could you? She... she.. never did anything to you...

It was very emotional and I actually had tears in my eyes. And then at the very end you say that you're not satisfied with this fic...

*rolls eyes* What am I going to do with you?

5. MegDurron

MegDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    wow..............that's really all i can say. WOW!!

and i mean that in the best way possible :)

6. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Okay!!!!! That's it young lady, I've had it with you!!!!! What?!?!?! Do you ENJOY making me cry??????
    Not that I don't take a perverse pleasure in it but..........

Wow!

And let me say again, WOW !!!!!!!!!

Sob........ I had to go back -sniff- -sob- and re-read this one............ you are soooooooooooooooooo amazing!

Girl, if you are not satisfied with this one, can you please let me go buy the supersized box of tissues and renew the prescription on the anti-depressants before I read the one you ARE satisfied with? You are so amazing!
    Why aren't you plastered all over the Archives??????
    Who do I need to smack around to get you plastered all over the archives??????? Do I need to get a handful of Lucas flannel to get you the recognition you deserve?????????

-gasp................ sorry, I need decaf!

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE(get the hint)PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE put more on the boards!

-Ro

7. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Thank you everyone for your kind posts! I seriously cannot believe how much everyone likes this. I am completely blown away. Thank you so much for your support!

Hopefully I'll be able to get real replies up in a bit, too. ;) Until then...

-Saber

8. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    First of all, may I say how glad I am that this is not how it ended in the NJO? [face_shocked] Wow. Thank goodness for AU letting people explore possibilites though.

Despite my hopes that this never happens in the EU, this is a very well written fic. It kept at a distance watching the characters, yet it didn't spare any pain. And the understanding without words was brilliant.

It was hard enough to put my amazement into even that many words, so I shall stop there.
    :)

9. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    You too!

Up there with the rest of your kin!!!!

UP I say UP!!!!!

-Ro

10. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    It is MY turn to thank Rowan Jade for suggesting I read this -- I started to last week, but Darth Pathobiology interrupted me and tonight I've been frantically reading ALL of Saber's fics...

Well, Saber, I simply loved it. I suppose that it is always the author who is not completely happy with something because I certainly found nothing to complain about!

I'm not going to pick out the parts I liked best because I'm fairly certain I liked the whole bloody thing!

Again, I say, Bravo!

~Abby~

11. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    :eek:

*jaw drops in amazement*

That was so powerful, Saber! Amazing... wonderful... too moving for tears or words. *shakes head* You've done it again.

12. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Y'know, most authors aren't pleased with their work when they put it out. It never feels finished, and you hate ending it because you don't want to feel you've given a half-hearted effort at it.

I feel like that with nearly each and every one of my stories.

:)

Dana

13. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    *is stunned into speechlessness*

Saber...wow. Quite seriously, *wow*. As someone said before, it didn't make me cry because it was too deep to cry. Absolutely incredible, Saber.

And Happy (very belated) Birthday.

-JSD

14. Princss_of_The_Jedi

Princss_of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    It was heart breaking, but the most moving story I have ever read. I was actually crying when you finished. It was really remarkable

15. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Oh wow, that made me cry.

That was simply amazing. Wow, there's so much emotion you managed to put into that.

Beautifully done.

16. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    My traditional 'prettyful' just doesn't sum it up.
    Wow.
    Wow.
    Wow.
    Beautiful, sad, poignant. Very deep. Excellent job.

17. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I'm shocked.

I want to write like that.

How'd you do that?

Mind if I copy this to my computer to study?

(20 isn't old. One of my best friends is 23, & I've had a friend die at 17. Thank you.)

Oh, yeah? I'm sick, aren't I??

Keep writing! :eek:

18. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    I love you all for replying!

I edited it a bit today. Mainly fixed some typos, a little sentence structure.

-Saber

19. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Hi!

I remember reading that one before, I think it was recommended to me by a friend.

=D= Anyways, great work, you made me cry and feel the tension and the emotions and the desperation and ... Wow.

*runs off to check for other stories*

Ys, Fia

20. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    This is chilling but like everyone else I enjoyed reading it.

I am also glad the NJO didn't end this way.

Great job!=D=

FL @};-

21. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Oh, wow. Wow. =D= This is gorgeous. I can't even find words to describe it. =D= =D= =D= =D=

22. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Jacen fearing for Tahiri?What happened to TK?

23. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Wow, that was amazingly written.

24. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I'm upping this in honor of it being one of the best vignettes I've ever read, and to point out that probably no other 'fic has received such an overwhelming percentage of responses that include the word "wow" or that are almost entirely comprised of said interjection.

25. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    So I asked everyone on my thread to tell me what Jacen/Tahiri or Jahiri as I now call them, fic they had read because there simply aren't enough. Rodi jsut posted that this was the one that got him into Jahiri and I was so excited that I was going to get to read a new one. I raced over and for a half second was disappointed becuase I have read this a dozen times, but then I sarted reading again and was as captivated as the first time I found it.

This is so beautiful and depressing at the same time, and so beuatifully understated and yet at the same time rich and layered.

I could gush for a while...but I'd become redundant.

I must say I was surprised to scroll through and see I hadn't praised you and this work before.

Preggers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.