main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH A strange thing....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Robert-A-Fett, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Someone brought up an interesting point at the last meeting after nearly everyone had left.
    That question is.... How come nobody ever talks about Star Wars?

Not sure that it matters really, Allthough obviously I love Star Wars or I wouldnt be here. But it begs the question. What is the purpose of the fanforce? Is it just a way for people of common interests to meet and have a good time? I'd like to hear from some people exactly what they visualize as our purpose for meeting. Do we have some goals we are trying to achieve? Is there something we could all be working for as a fanforce? Far be it for me of all people to be serious, but it made me think a bit and I'm interested in what everyone else thinks.

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Nobody ever talks Star Wars.... Mmmmmm, I guess we didn't go to the same meetings then ;) I always talk collecting, costuming, and yes, talked about the movies a whole many times :)
    Plus, Star Wars IS very cool, but I would kinda freak out if it was the only thing we all had in common!!!

3. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    we watched a documentary about Star Wars, which quite frankly made me feel very "normal" we watched part of Star Wars, we play SW based video games on occasion, there was SW table cloth and table decore at Mike's and his door prize was an action figure!

at other meetings, yes, there have been little if any talk about Star Wars....to at least not shoot the theory down completely...that's ok though. If all we did was sit around and talk about SW for a whole meeting that would just seem a little to "Star Trek like" for me. At this point in time there isn't a whole lot to talk about anyways, the next movie is 2 years away, those who collect talk amongst ourselves at meetings complaining about not finding anything in months etc.

This has been a topic of discussion on the CR boards in the past and most other FF's don't do exclusively Star Wars stuff, but anything.

I definately don't have any problem doing SW related stuff. I'm totally open to suggestions.... SW trivial pursuit, boardgames, RPG CCG etc.

4. drk-lady-of-the-sith

drk-lady-of-the-sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    There was some SW stuff going on at the 4-14 meeting. Ludo, Angel, and I talked costumes a little bit. There was also talk of hunting action figures.

As far as the purpose of the FF, it is sort of a refuge where I do not feel like such a weirdo for having a husband who collects like mad. Other than the FF, most guests come into our house, see the SW stuff and think that we have no life. That is simply not the case. SW is a part of our life that we enjoy, but there is much more to life than SW.

I would like to see occasional meetings where we do a specific SW related activity, but no one ever seems interested. Awhile back, someone suggested having "workshop" meetings where we could build lightsabers, Stormtrooper armor, or other props. I personally need a light saber for my Aalya costume, but if no one wants to do that activity together then I will make it on my own. If anyone has any ideas for workshops or interest please post.

5. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I like the ideas for Star Wars related workshops and interests, I always wanted to build a complete costume of one or two of my favorite Star Wars figures.If you all want some outdoor related interests, I have a few suggestions. How about a trip to Kings Island during the summer, some of the festivals downtown, a trip or two to some of the Haunted Houses this Halloween, or a trip to Perfect North. For Star War relate issues, I have Star Wars monopoly, or there is Star Wars Trivial pursuit, or this might sound kind of dorky, how about acting out skits of you favorite scenes?

6. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    I think this goes back to the "if you were in charge of a meeting, what would it be like?" thread I started a couple of months ago. I was the one that made that comment in reference that it seems we never just sit and talk about the movies.

To me the movies are (obviously) where it all began and where everything originates and it was a lot of fun to discuss our opinions and reactions to certain sceners or aspects from the movies.

I think the meetings should have more organization to them. If it where up to me I would have AJ welcome everyone to the whatever numbered meeting of the Cincy/N Ky FF. I would have someone take minutes from the meeting, discuss "official" topics that affect the FF from fund-raisers to upcoming events, and then everyone can have a chance to speak about whatever they would like to.

Then the meeting would end or something along those lines. I think by making the meeting more official it would give us better structure and purpose while still keeping the fun in it. That is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.