main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Stranger From The Past" (Obi/Sabe series) "Terms of Service" (sequel)... (Updated June 16th!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Uppity Uppers!!!!!!
    I need a Jade_Max Obi Wan Fix! [face_love]

2. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Jade_Max: Your story is awesome! I can't wait for you to post more!

UP! UP! UP!

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *laughs* Working on it FAB, but this story has a tendancy to suck me dry for other works so it gets much less attention that it deserves. However, I do have half the next post written, so it shouldn't be too long :) thanks!

Thank you NyghtFyre! :) I should have some more up before the new year!

4. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Wow, this fic is incredible. I've always loved Obi/Sabe. I'm alredy looking forward to the next post. :D

J_J

5. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thank you Jedi_Johnson!

I hope to have the next one up shortly... not tonight, but before New Years... IF my computer continues to cooperate!

6. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Doth mine eyes deceive me?
    Doth Jade promise a post?
    And before the New Year?

Wowsers! That just made my morning! :)

7. Master_Kiona

Master_Kiona Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
  8. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Going UP! :)

9. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Jade_Max writes handmaiden fanfics! [face_shocked]

*pumps fist in the air*

Cha-ching!

But I really shouldn't start reading another fic...

*considers for a moment*

Oh well! :D

10. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    It's the new year....*hint hint*

!!!!!!!!*HINT*!!!!!!!

Wonderful story Jade!! I love every moment of it, especially the little things. There are too mnay so I can't name them, but you make me want all the characters to be real, to see them and talk to them because I know them so well. Definetly talent showing in these works...

11. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Ummm ummmm - second's what Bellyup just said!

Have I told you how much I love this story Jade? recently that is? Well, I do - I love it so much I nom it for the best underrated story!!!!

Post soon right?

12. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *blinks in amazement* Wow, thanks so much you guys!

I'm sorry to keep you waiting so long, I didn't forget I just had to double check them both and get my computer to work well enough to post it.

Sorry about that! I can't yet reply individually since my connection just doesn't like the boards at the moment, but I'd like to welcome my new readers and all my old ones! Sorry about taking so long to update, but here's the next part!

+++++++++++++++++

It was just past eight when Anakin finally made an appearance. Sabé was humming softly to herself in the kitchenette, her sick feeling seeming to have passed, while Obi-Wan was pulling dishes from a couple of cupboards. The smell of freshly cooked Aleraanian ham permeated the air.

"That smells..." Anakin trailed off as he drew the gaze of the room's two occupants. "Good Morning Master, Sabé. It smells wonderful."

Sabé smiled. "Thank you, Anakin. Take a seat, it's almost ready."

Anakin moved towards the table before thinking better of it. "Uh. Can I help with something Master?" he asked, feeling distinctly uncomfortable in this domestic scene.

"There's milk in the cooling unit."

Anakin did as he was told as Obi-Wan stacked the dishes next to Sabé, detouring to place four glasses on the table. He stopped, watching Anakin as he placed the milk next to the glasses. Anakin finally looked up at Sabé. "Padmé asked me to ask you if you could do her hair, Sabé. If it's not too much trouble."

Sabé finished removing the cooked ham from the heat and placed it on an extra plate. "Of course. Help yourselves."

Obi-Wan's gaze followed Sabé as she left the room to go help Padmé before turning back to his apprentice. "Rough night?"

Anakin ducked his head. "Master, I..." he tugged on the sleeve of his robe before looking up, "I'll be honest. I was really hoping for some time alone with Padmé before she had to go back to the senate and her duties."

"And your own duties?"

Anakin nodded. "Yes Master. Once everyone knows she's back, we'll have precious little time together and though we intend to make the most of those we've only been married a short time and..."

Obi-Wan held up his hand. "I understand, Anakin. Sabé and I were given little time to ourselves beyond our quarters at the Temple, I fear your own relationship will be similar. Behind closed doors only."

"I know Master," Anakin sighed, "but that doesn't mean I like it."

"You're not really given much of a choice," Obi-Wan told him dryly.

Anakin chuckled. "True. I'm starving, do you mind if I...?"

Obi-Wan motioned for him to go ahead, his attention beyond his Padawan to the closed doors where the women were getting ready. He heard laughter and smiled slightly. Anakin might resent the intrusion but Padmé was obviously enjoying being reunited with her friend. He shook his head fractionally and turned, going to prepare himself a plate and join his Padawan at the table. Soon enough they'd have their hands full, but for the moment, he was going to enjoy relaxing.

Sabé knocked on the door, "Padmé?"

"Come in," came the slightly muffled reply.

She opened the door to find the former Queen seated at her dressing table, running a brush through her tangled hair. Sabé laughed softly. "Would you like a hand, MiLady?"

"You're shirking your duties, handmaiden," Padmé came back. "I've never had to summon you before."

Sabé's eyes tinkled with amusement as she curtsied apologetically, "You pardon," she said softly, "I have been distracted of late."

Padmé turned, putting the brush on the table, and stood with a smile. "With good reason, I should think."

They shared a laugh, embracing tightly. "It's good to have you back, Sabé," Padmé told her with a smile.

"It's good to be back. So what's this I hear about you needing help with your hair?"

Padmé squeezed Sabé's hands before retaking her seat. "It's not cooperating today. Normally I can do it but the tangles just don't want to... What?"

Sabé laughed. "You s

13. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Very nice! Sabe and Padme do seem a lot like sisters don't they? Lovely interaction between them. And you got the 'I'm-growin-and-I-gotta-eat attitude perfectly with Anakin!

14. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    YAY! A new post! Woohoo! :)

Once again, another fine job. I love how you had the character's interact in this chapter. I especially enjoyed the scene with Sabe and Padme as you made them really feel like "sisters." You are doing a great job developing a new story while at the same time continuing an already wonderful beginning story.

Keep up the awesome work!

15. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Thank you thank you thank you for adding Jade! Awe, I loved it so much!

16. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Yes!!! Another post. That was great. I love the Padme/Sabe friendship.

J_J

17. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    Here's a little UPsies for JadeMax!

18. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Destination: 1st page

Going UP!

19. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thank you everyone! :) I hope to have another post up sometime next week! And I'm preparing several other pieces for ff.net, but this one should be updated sometime before the 20th :)

20. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    News of a new post - is that what I see?
    FAB is very excited!

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *chuckle* Thanks FAB It's half finished, so the next time I'm able to get on, it should be posted :)

Ok, so not next time (which was today - the 16th) but certainly sometime within the next couple of days... Keeping the four of them IC is harder than it seems!

22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Alrighty, Sorry for the delay, my computer was down the last little while and it's still not loading the boards all the time.

++++++++++

Breakfast was an easy affair; both couples seeming to be at ease. Though Obi-Wan and Anakin spoke little between them, the ladies more than made up for it. They had alot to discuss after such a long absence. The men listened attentively, and Obi-Wan knew the instant Anakin began wishing he and Sabé were elsewhere.

"So what are your plans for today?" Padmé wanted to know, her expression eager.

Sabé looked at her husband. "Obi-Wan?"

Obi-Wan shrugged, looking straight at Anakin, "I was thinking Sabé and I would do a little shopping. She'll need new clothing now that she's resuming her duties as Padmé's handmaiden."

"Shopping?" Padmé looked eager, "Would you mind if we joined you?"

Sabé opened her mouth to agree and Anakin to protest, but Obi-Wan beat them both to it. "I'd actually like to spend the day with Sabé, if that's alright with you. We haven't gone many places together, but the story is circulating that she's back on Coruscant. I'd like to show her off, to put some truth to those rumors."

Anakin frowned. "Is that wise, Master? People might connect you with Padmé."

Obi-Wan smiled faintly. "That's the intention. The rumors say she's staying with another Handmaiden, preparing for the return of their senator. Naturally both have Jedi bodyguards."

"Naturally," Padmé echoed dryly. "Is this wise, Obi-Wan?"

"They won't trace us back here, sena- Padmé. I have been a Jedi Knight long enough to know how to escape detection. We'll just appear in the most expensive shops in the upper district, Sabé will plant a few misleading clues for anyone watching us while she shops. There is also the possibility that some of the shop owners will recognize her. I'm almost counting on it. By confirming her presence, perhaps we can coax Count Dooku to show his hand."

Anakin's mechanical hand flexed, the black leather glove he wore over it whispering in the sudden quiet. "The sooner, the better." He muttered.

Padmé grasped his hands, squeezing them tightly as she gave him unspoken assurance. "Is that all you've planned for the day?"

Obi-Wan chuckled. "For the moment, yes, since I don't know how long it will take Sabé to shop for what she needs."

"Do you still have the access codes to my senatorial account?" Padmé asked her friend, lifting an eyebrow.

Sabé winked at her friend. "It won't be misused, I promise."

Padmé laughed. "I know it won't. Buy yourself something other than those handmaiden robes, would you? They're so drab, no imagination and it'd be nice to have some color. But then, as a bodyguard..." she frowned.

Obi-Wan and Sabé exchanged glances before Obi-Wan spoke, dropping the second bomb on the young couple in two days. "The robes would be a better idea, much as I'd love to see her in something more. Once her condition becomes more obvious they'll stop some uncomfortable questions."

"Condition?" Anakin asked confused. "What condition?"

Padmé's jaw dropped. "Are you...?"

Sabé nodded and Padmé rounded the table, wrapping the older woman in a tight hug. "Oh gosh, I'm going to be an unofficial aunt, really?"

Sabé laughed, "Yes. Most assuredly yes."

"You're pregnant?" Anakin said the words incredulously, his jaw dropping in shock. "With my Master's child?"

Sabé laughed. "That's normally how it works when two people are married," she teased gently.

"Wow." Anakin murmured softly.

Obi-Wan accepted a hug of congratulations from Padmé before standing. "Well, we're stopping the newly weds from having some much coveted time alone. Shall we, my love?"

Sabé smiled, accepting his hand and rose to her feet as Padmé settled back beside Anakin. "We'll be home later," she promised, "and then I think the four of us should talk."

Obi-Wan looked at her questioningly but she simply smiled mysteriously and went to collect her cloak. Obi-Wan looked back to Padmé and Anakin

23. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Little baby Obi Wans - how sweet is that!
    Lovely post - lovely mush between the two couples!
    Ummm - trying to lure Dooku out of hiding - Oh, my!

24. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Baby Obi-wan!!!!!!!!!!
    This is so cool!!!!

Did you see Anakin's reaction?? Man, i could just picture it!!!!!!!!
    I was starting to wonder whether those two knew about the baby..........sure our Obi-Wan didn't waste time in producing one did he????

Up!!

25. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    How did I miss a new postie! I can't believe I did...

*crawls back into hamper and peeks out*

Am I forgiven? Please? I will bake you some nice white-chocolate chip cookies if that helps!

BTW- the postie was really awesome. I about fell out of the dresser while thinking about baby Obi-Wan's and how I would have loved to been in Sabe's place (as I am sure most of us have done!) I really love how you are writing the relationships between all of the characters- you are doing a peachy job. I can't wait to read future posties!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.