main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Stranger From The Past" (Obi/Sabe series) "Terms of Service" (sequel)... (Updated June 16th!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Going UP!

2. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    "...The robes would be a better idea, much as I'd love to see her in something more..."

Oh, I bet he would want to see her in something different!

"...Though Obi-Wan and Anakin spoke little between them, the ladies more than made up for it..."

Isn't that the way it always turns out? ;)

Obi-Wan's gonna be a Daddy! Aww... [face_love]

But...'they're using her as bait' and it was Obi-Wan's idea! WHere has your sense of Jedi logic gone Obi?? I guess it disappeared when you married Sabe. hehe

WOnderful post again Jade! And...*hides under hamper with SOTN* I missed that post too... :(

*SOTN and Belle offer sacrifices of white chocolate chip cookies to Jade in hopes that they will be forgiven and blessed with yet another post*

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *grins* Thank you, to all my dedicated readers :)

I promise I won't be surprised if you miss an update since my board time is erratic. *makes a face*

Ah well, I'm working on the next post, but, as I've said in the past, keeping these four in character is tough work - very draining. I will do my best :)

Thanks so much for reading!

4. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    Here's a little uppsies for Jade_Max!

5. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Going Up!

6. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Upshadaisy!

7. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Very lovely! I am enjoying this, and even though you're having your obstacles, I will be patient and wait for the next chapter. Having said that, I do ask you to get us an update as soon as possible! ;)

I like the interaction between the couples, and it's nice to see that they are family united against a common enemy.

8. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    *does a Waltz on the Piano* That was...Waltz in E-, Opus Uppitus!!! :D ;)

9. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Up! goes the......story posted by Jade_Max!!

*waiting...waiting*.........I am being deprived!! sniff sniff...

posty please!!

10. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Up we goes!

11. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    uppity tappity *shhhwo* uppity tap *click click* tappity up!

*bows* My 'up-tap dancing'!!

12. InTheSockOfTheNight

Dec 31, 2002
    The sockie is here to upsies the threadsies! Where doth Jade Max go-sies?

13. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
  14. InTheSockOfTheNight

Dec 31, 2002
    I am upsie-ing the threadsies yet againsies! :p

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Um... Jade got kidnapped by the evil Darth Real Life... that whole work thing (12 hour shifts at night) and er... I've been busy. So yeah - I'm working on the stories right now, but I haven't had the chance to write anything to screen in almost two weeks so I'll try and get most of them updated tonight.

Cross your fingers!

16. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Sorry it's so late and so short, not to mention a cliffie, but it's intentional... trust me, it'll be worth it ;)

++++++++++++

Sabé slipped into the handmaiden's gown and cloak as Obi-Wan stood guard outside the small room. Two other pairs of Jedi were already in the area, that they?d seen, and Obi-Wan had informed her that there would be more as the day progressed. Thankfully, by the time they?d have to leave, she would be able to slip back inside unnoticed. Which was crucial. Packing the Jedi Robe into a bag she left the booth. Obi-Wan was waiting for her and smiled, his eyes lighting at the sight of her. She returned his smile shyly. Obi-Wan might be her husband but with that glint in his eye she was thankful she was able to dress in something more pleasing. She was grateful for being able to dress as herself and, from the look in his eyes, so was he. He stepped back to allow her to pass.

?You look lovely, Sabé.? He murmured softly, for her ears alone, as she stepped passed him, falling into the role of her silent shadow.

She glanced at him for half a second before she lost sight of his cloak and continued out of the shop. Leading the way, she melted into the pedestrian traffic of the elite shopping district. It was familiar territory and she couldn?t stop the smile that spread across her face. A shopping excursion, her first one since before her scarring and her first one since returning to Coruscant. Leading the way, she stepped into the first specialty stores with Obi-Wan on her heels, and carefully reached up to remove her hood.

?Sabé? Is that the Queen?s Sabé??

Sabé smiled, ?Andirla, it?s good to see you. But Padmé is a Senator now. Her two terms have been up for awhile.?

Andirla smiled, coming out from behind the desk. She was a tall blonde woman with a grace that seemed to radiate from her body. She seemed to glow with elegance. Sabé embraced her warmly, accepting a kiss on the cheek as Andirla pulled away. ?What brings you to my humble shop today, my lovely??

?Humble?? Sabé laughed softly. ?You never could manage to seem humble. Padmé is returning to the planet shortly and, as you know, a Senators wardrobe is somewhat different than a Queen?s.?

?Nothing for yourself then??

Sabé swore she could see Obi-Wan?s smirk in her mind as she shrugged carefully. ?One or two pieces for Rabé and myself. It?s at the Senator?s request.?

Andirla?s eyes fairly sparkled. ?Of course, my dear, of course, let?s see if we can?t fill out the Senator?s wardrobe.?

And so it went for the rest of the afternoon. Sabé would walk into the shops and carefully examine every piece of merchandise the eager shopkeepers would present, while the gossips worked in the shadows. She bought at least one article at each store, hiring a hoversled and two droids outside the first to carry her purchases. Obi-Wan observed it all. He watched the shopkeepers make small talk with Sabé before closing a sale, watched and listened as, once Sabé had left the premises, they turned to their other clients and began to spread the story. He didn?t smile, except for a faint movement of the corner of his mouth.

This plan would work far better than they?d planned. Yet something nagged at him. Something dark and dangerous. Something focused on his wife. His senses turned outwards, searching for the threat, but couldn?t pinpoint it. Keeping close to her side, and but a step behind, he followed her through the maze. His attention focused beyond her, encasing her in a protective invisible bubble. Nothing would happen to her, he promised silently. No matter what anyone wanted to do, to threaten, she?d be safe. And yet, when the attack came, they were both caught by surprise. So flat footed that Obi-Wan didn?t react until the bolt was headed straight for between his shoulder blade. So late, it was almost too late.

17. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow! A post, and a great one too! Now that you've set us up, please don't keep us waiting too long to find out what's happening! :)

18. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    An update!! Poor Obi....he's hurt!!!

I am so happy save for the fact that this computer has been giving me problems!! Argh....I've been trying to reply to other posts and it keeps kicking me off!!!!

uppers!!

19. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Lovely interaction between Sabe and Obi-Wan. So subtle yet so sweet!

But, oh man....*groans* Don't tell me that we're gonna have to wait another two months for the next part?? I'll die of tension and anxiety!!

UP!

20. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    *does famous Waltz in E minor, Opus Uppitus*

*bows*

21. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    How did I miss a post! :eek: I can't believe that I did! Oops, must be Darth ReaLife struck me too! The post was great...except for that whole blaster bolt coming towards Obi thing...oh wait- I [face_love] Obi-angst, so maybe that is a good thing!

I hope that you return to us soon Jade_Max, we miss you!

UP!

22. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Oopsie! I missed a post!
    Intense Jade! I hate the cliffies but I know you'll have something excitiing next to reward us for our patience!

23. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    uppityboomers! ;)

24. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    *waltzes in to the Emperor's Waltz*

Man I love classical music..yeah yeah...a 19 year old can love classical..so shoot me!!!

I am still balancing myself at the side of the cliff......'cuz I was left hanging!!!!

I wanna know what happens with Obi!!!

25. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    UP!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.