main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Suggestion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by NarundiJedi, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    The reason why not to is just as I would have suspected, that the higher ups don't want lots of VIPs running rampant in these forums. No biggie. :)

Jae O:)

2. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    The reason why not to is just as I would have suspected, that the higher ups don't want lots of VIPs running rampant in these forums.

There's not that many.

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Maybe there aren't that many in fanfic, but there are a lot all over the place in all the other forums, and they need to keep track of all of them, I believe.

Jae O:)

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I see that you're all trying to solve this, and I think that's wonderful that you're trying to come to a solution to this... but honestly, I don't want to see a moderator's name on a thread that I work so hard on...I feel that would be taking away something from me and the Keeper's.

And I'm curious, and please answer if you are allowed to Mods, why is there such refusal to give us the colors?

I only ask, because banner artist are allowed to permanently keep the VIP colors for only doing one task... they also get titles for doing only one task....

The Index Keeper's do their jobs... every day.

Please, do what you must... it's not up to us, I know that... but I really just don't understand.

5. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I can understand why we wouldn?t want a bunch of VIPs running around. And while I don?t have a real need for colors, I do think it would be nice to have a title under Index Keeper?s user names. Fan Fic challenge judges receive them, icon artist receive them, I think that Index Keepers deserve them, as well. We set aside time daily to collect information on new stories, and I think it would be nice to have a title simply as a nod to the work we do.

Also, if Index Keepers were to received titles, and a Mod were to start the monthly thread, people would still see that we were the ones maintaining it on a day to day basis; and that they should come to us with their story information. :)

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I only ask, because banner artist are allowed to permanently keep the VIP colors for only doing one task... they also get titles for doing only one task....

Thank you Sarah_Kenobi, I was thinking the exact same thing.

I still support the idea that the index keepers should recieve VIP colours.

7. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    I hate to keep saying this, because no one is trying to put this off, but this is being discussed currently. Concerns and questions from this thread have also been brought forward. It just takes time.

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you, red_rose, for letting us know that. I certainly appreciate it. I was getting the impression that the discussion was no longer going on. I'm happy to know that I was wrong. :)

9. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Sort of a side note, but I thought that the banner makers were only VIPs for the duration their banner was being used?

And since we're talking about the indexes, I have a question. The indexes say that all the stories will be put into one major index at the end of the month - is that thread going to be in the WR, then?

Also, will Melyanna's indexes be put into one major index as well?

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Maybe that big major index is the Completed Stories Index?

edit: Oops, never mind. It says that the stories will be combined with the ones from the other forum indices...not the same thing.

11. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003

I agree. If you are doing something for the boards everyday you should get colors.

12. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    On the subject of the stories being compiled into one big index, I don't know about that.

Since the story master index has not been maintained in quite some time, I did list all of the links to all of the monthly indexes (April 2003-August 2004 currently) in the Fan Fiction Index stickied here in Resource, so at least people have the option of finding those easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.