main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A summary of the classic trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by LumiKuningatar, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003

I'm going to go and see (finally the exams are finished:D ) the new SW movie witth a friend of mine and she is a complete newbie to the world of star wars.. I would need a short summary of the events of the OT so that she can keep up.. I personally, probably can't do it, since I'd keep on talking for hours on end.. [face_blush]

so any help would be appreciated.. [face_praying]

(I'm going to post the same question but for the PT on th eother board, but if you'd be kind enough to make a short summary of it too, I'd be grateful..) [:D]

2. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    You shouldn't spoil the movie for your friend.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Personally, I'd give her the events of TPM and AOTC and then have her watch the OT after seeing ROTS.

If you'd prefer to give her a summary, keep it simple. Obi-Wan and Yoda are still alive. Anakin is Darth Vader. Him and Padmé had twins, but they didn't know it yet. Obi-Wan sacrifices himself to Vader so that Luke can become a Jedi. There is a Rebellion against the Empire. She really doesn't need to know this before seeing Episode III - it'd be much more meaningful if she didn't.

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Can't you do teh summary as I'm presuming you've seen the movies yourself and you'll be the one to tell her in the first place.

5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Jon, I think she answered that question when she said "I personally, probably can't do it, since I'd keep on talking for hours on end.."

;)

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Yes but the question is she going to bring her friend to this website to read this thread or is she going to take what we say and verbally communicate it to her friend while at the theatre for ROTS.

Short short version:

Leia is captured
    Death Star plans escape on Artoo
    Luke buys Artoo.
    Kenobi finds Artoo
    Luke's guardians are killed
    They head to Alderaan with Solo/Chewie
    Get captured
    Rescue Leia
    Kenobi dies
    Escape
    Blow up death star.

7. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003

I just don't know if I should tell her what happened in TPM and AotC, or should I tell her the OT too.. I first saw OT and then PT and I fell in love with the movies.. my sister saw PT first and I have yet to convince her to watch the OT... I don't want to spoil the rest of the movies, but I want to keep her interested.. also I think she won't see any other movies except the one I'm dragging her to.. she's not a Star Wars person.. she likes other types of movies..

I was going to copy, paste and print and then let her read.. so it'll be brief, simple and I won't ruin the other movies with too much detail..

Edit: of course I can't spoil the movie, since I haven't seen this one yet.. I just know she's going to like it more if she knows what's going on and what are the jedi; and who's the scary guy in the black suit

8. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    If she hasnt seen the OT, I would let her see ROTS to see what she thinks, and then show her the other 3 films. But thats just me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.