main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Horror A Summer Place

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ramza, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Camille Rodgers
    Jackson - Iowa???

As Camille placed the knife in her dishwasher, she heard a noise. Her first thought was that her daughter was awake. She jerked her head around, searching for the culprit. But the noise was coming from her living room. Scratching her head, Camille thought, Rosy must?ve woke up and turned on cartoons. Camille walked through the walkway, but she froze before she could keep walking. Her daughter was not stretched out on their leather couch. The TV had turned on its own. But that wasn?t possible. Had she left the TV on all night? Then another thought hit her. Was the TV always placed on that wall? Camille couldn?t exactly remember, mostly because the discover of the gun and the knife and the blood had been so traumatic.

On the television, a cartoon was on. A cartoon with a cat and a mouse. Tom and Jerry? Camille first thought. But this was no common child?s cartoon.

?You know it?s not okay to keep secrets, Professor Fether.?
    ?Indeed, Dr. Tarr. Definitely not okay.?
    ?For example, say I killed you. It would be a pity to keep that under wraps, would it not, Professor Fether??
    ?A terrible pity, Dr. Tarr.?
    ?Mrs. Rodgers? I say, Mrs. Rodgers, can you hear us in there??

The mouse tapped on the television screen. Those names can back to Camille full blast. She stood in the doorway, her heart pounding in her chest. Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether. And they were talking to her through the TV. She really had lost her mind.

?I?m afraid we?re going to have to request your full disclosure on various issues, Mrs. Rodgers.?
    ?We know all of your secrets, Mrs. Rodgers. We know about the knife. We know about the gun. We know about. . .?

The mouse?s stomach grumbled. Camille put her hand to her mouth in horror. The dream must not of been a dream.

?Cor blimey, Professor Fether, I?m famished.?
    ?Shall I make you a sandwich, Dr. Tarr??
    ?Please do. Peanut butter, if you?d be so kind, Professor Fether.?
    ?An excellent choice, Dr. Tarr.?

The TV seemed to have been growing in size, but Camille had paid no attention. Not until the ceiling seemed to groan. Camille kept hearing two words in her mind. Peanut butter. Peanut butter.

?Or rather I suppose it?s what we don?t know about Mrs. Rodgers. It seems you are a rather ordinary person, a husband, one kid, another on the way, and yet?"

A face flashed on the screen. Camille shrieked out and put her hands to her cheeks. Sobbing at the rotted skin and screaming at the maggots.

Why?

Camille tumbled back onto her bottom as she tried to scurry away. Mark. Little Mark. Twirling around, she dug her hands into the ground and tried to stand up. Her little brother?s rotting face remained on the screen as Camille could only stare.

?STOP THIS! Please. . .please, just leave me alone.? Camille put her face in her hands, reduced into a withering pile of mush, ?I just want to all of this to STOP!?

TAG: Ramza

2. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: C.J Karmichael

A man talked nonsense. Those increasingly familiar colours swirled around and enveloped them. All the while a repetitive chant filled her head

The end is the beginning is the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning is the end?

And on and on it went

Voices.

She could hear voices.

"It would seem that their reactions are suboptimal, Professor Fether."

"That it would, Dr. Tarr."

Hazel eyes, red rimmed from tears and heavy from exhaustion opened slowly, for a moment all she could see was blurred shapes. She wasn?t in her room any more. She wasn?t in her favourite panda pyjamas. No blood, no gun, no knife. She tried to move but groaned as she discovered she was unable too. Realisation set in and she whimpered, She was still in this hell, still bound to a chair, still at the mercy of the two men known as Tarr and Fether. Had everything that had occurred been a dream? She noticed there was no longer a light shining mere inches from her face, nor was her head in the embrace of the head strap.

She was exhausted. How long had she been here now?

She felt weak. The cocktail of gasses and drugs they had forced into her body had taken away what little strength she had left. Free of the head strap her head lolled to the side. Her face was pale and her body was damp with sweat, she could feel the dampness of her checked shirt, whether it was from the sweating of from her own tears, she didn?t know, she couldn?t really comprehend much at the moment truth be told. One of them stepped closer

"I suppose you three have some questions, no doubt."

Through her blurred eyes and her addled brain, The man?s face looked skeletal, almost too skeletal

?Why?doing this? p-please I?I don?t feel well??

She managed to mumble. She really didn?t, but she doubted they would care, not after everything they had put her through already

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Michaela Gardner

This blasted headache is never going away. That is how she felt. She felt she was going crazy with the days events. , or what she could make of the days events. She couldn?t remember anything, and she didn?t know why she had the gun or the knife. Nothing made sense anymore.

In the corner of her eye she saw a television. She had no memory of a television. There was a silly cartoon on, but something was strange about it. The dialogue was not right. The tv seemed to grow larger as the characters turned to her.

They were talking to her.

This can?t be and they say they know all her secrets. This must be a joke no someone is doing this. Then a sound of a cash register was heard, some coins jingling. Was there a guitar? A voice spoke out saying ?Money?

Money started flying down upon her. Coins kept pelting her in the head. She covered her head trying to avoid getting hit. What was going on she thought as the pouring down of money continued.

If she thought about grabbing the money it was to late. It was all on fire, even the room was ablaze.In the middle of the fire on the carpet was a man, who appeared to be dying. Then some starving children looking up at her with an expression of accusation. Why?

There was no explanation. She had no idea what was going on. All she knew was the room was on fire and she had to get out. Should she try and save the dying man and the children? Did she have time to save herself?

4. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    August Starr. His flat in his head

They knew, they knew . . .

"Do you?" he asked and as the TV switched of his took a deep breath. A dream. Drugs? He did not remember taking any, but certainly drugs who did this to you were not necessary those you actually remembered, right?

He heard a scream. A laugh. And the hands. The angry facces. Angry?

His own laugh and scream, it was both in euqal portions, joined the scene. His initial idea was to jump up, but bad trips usually did not get better when interactingy with them. My secrets . . . you know ****. For some reason he was sure of that. It was hot. Well, that was a sign of drug abuse. He wondered if you could have too many drugs and keep trapped in a trip. As if life was so good it actually mattered.

Hekept on laughing. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. At some point somewhere, somehow he had memorized something and he tried to remember. While the NO screamed in his head like a Berlin techno song from the nineties.

"Do you know somewhere over the rainbow? Certainly you do? But the Marusha version? I always hated that one. Really did." August kept his eyes closed. "Now we share my deepest secret. I hate Marusha. Only said I liked her to get this girl into bed at the Love Parade. I know. I know. SOMEWHERE OF THE RAINBOW NONONONONO."

And he screamed and laughed again.

Tag: Ramza

Can't use that word.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Paul Whittaker
    Back to the unknown...

A new voice could be heard, but not the voice of the Chief. It was a man's voice and he was uttering nonsense. Paul could heard the words - the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning - but he quickly tuned them out and decided not to comprehend, the sound becoming nothing more than a constant droning in the back of his mind. It was in that moment that he noticed the phone was gone, the room was gone...everything, gone. Complete darkness enveloped his being and he realized with a sinking feeling in his gut, that he was back within the confines of the stuffy examining room from before.

With the two crazies...

He heard their voices as he blinked and tried to adjust his vision to the dark environment, beads of sweat falling down into his eyes and making the attempt useless. He cringed and turned his head away...without resistance. The head restraints were gone! It was a step in the right direction, at least. Now, if he could just...

"I suppose you three have some questions, no doubt."

The voice was smooth and calm and it sent chills down his spine. Three? What was he talking about? Where were the others?

Swallowing, he turned in the direction of the speaker and audibly gasped at the face staring back at him. It was a skeleton, or at least, it appeared that way in the low lighting of the room. It was hard to tell and he decided he didn't want to dwell on it. No matter what was going on, this thing was still holding them captive.

"Why?doing this? p-please I?I don?t feel well?" a quiet voice issued from beside him.

Paul craned his neck to get a better look, but of course, the lack of light was preventing him from doing so. He exhaled loudly, outwardly expressing his distaste for the situation. Suddenly, he was no longer so concerned about himself, but rather, the woman beside him who was so obviously suffering. It wasn't right.

"What happened to the others?" he growled out, pushing forward against the restraints keeping him in the chair. "They don't deserve this - she don't deserve this..."

TAG: Ramza, Jedi_padawan_leigh

6. The_Judge

The_Judge Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2009
    "And God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Supernatural

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/Whitechapel_Spitalfields_7_murders.JPG]

I'm really glad you guys voted for B. Really I am. The Gambling Man - or should I call him Ahriman? I might as well, we're running out of play time anyway. So yeah, Ahriman told me you guys picked it, and I gotta say I'm pleased as punch that in a short while I'll be able to kill three more of you.

That really is the fun part of all of this, you know? Killing things. It's a rush. It's a god. Damn. Rush.

And of course the other fun part is that none of you really get it. You've all been so busy being preoccupied by Ramza's showboating and faux psychedelic nonsense that never once have any of you stopped to ask...

And the Tour Guide - or I guess, hell, Iblis - yeah, so, Iblis is saying not to spoil that until the very end of the post. Fine by me, I can keep this stupid taunting charade up all day.

Hahaha. Haha.

Eh screw it.

So nobody thought to ask: "Hey, that PM I got saying I was guilty... did it maybe just say that on everyone's PM?" huh? I guess the GM who posted not to trust him was totally trustworthy and everything. You certainly aren't getting needlessly tormented because he's bored or anything like that.

Anyway, I'm your own true loving friend.

Yours truly,
    [image=http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/darthramza/M.jpg]

7. Your_Tour_Guide

Your_Tour_Guide Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2011
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHATHEREHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAISHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHANOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAESCAPEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALLHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHALLHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHABEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHACLEANSEDHAHAHAHAHA
    HAH

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Elysium Three - Raindrops

"Oh, Mr. Whittaker, please. Do grow up," Dr. Tarr, replied, pulling a cigarette out of his coat pocket with a skeletal hand. He lit it, and placed it in his mouth. "They deserve worse. They all deserve worse. Oh, send in some CSes I say, they send 'em in. Include some secrets, I say, they send 'em in. Murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder. Did you know it was actually easier to figure out who hadn't killed someone on purpose?! You're all horrendously awful people and you make me sick to my goddamn stomach every time I look at you!"

Professor Fether remained conspicuously silent.

"And as for the why, Ms. Karmichael, that's something of a longer story." He took a long drag from the cigarette. Smoke pored out of the gaps between his jawbones. "Tell me, do either of you believe in god? And I don't mean as some kind of abstract force holding the universe together or some such next phase new wave dance craze anyway thing, I mean like an honest to goodness fickle man sitting at the controls pressing buttons up there in his fancy white zone and laughing every time one of us buggers around with things. Ah, wait, I think we have a clip to show, one moment."

He snapped a finger. As if from nowhere, a gigantic projection appeared.

[image=http://www.emmacarlson.com/emmablog/images/tv-static.jpg]

It was Camille Rodgers. ?STOP THIS! Please. . .please, just leave me alone.? Camille put her face in her hands, reduced into a withering pile of mush, ?I just want to all of this to STOP!?

[b]CAMILLE RODGERS[/b] boomed a voice from nowhere.

[b]JUDGEMENT HAS BEEN RENDERED[/b]

The room sank away into darkness.

[b]YOU MURDERED YOUR BROTHER WITHOUT PROVOCATION[/b]

[b]YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND UNWORTHY OF THE GLORY THAT IS M[/b]

[hl=yellow][b]FIAT LUX[/b][/hl]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG6qx-CAIzA]The light![/link]

[image=http://jeromeslaw.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/watchmen-large.png]

The horrible light!

And then the light was gone. And she was surprised to discover she was intact.

How would she interpret this? Only she could say. But she lived. She had survived the light.

How then would she react when she exploded?

[image=http://www.firstforensic.co.uk/uploads/images/ist2_266264-abstract-blood-splatter-messy-large.jpg]

[hr]
    "Oooo, nasty," Dr. Tarr remarked. "So yes, God, Satan, Shiva, what have you, something up there is clearly unfond of us, because the entirety of Jackson, Iowa is being undone as we speak. Wait, hold that thought, we have another clip!"

[hr]
    It was August Starr. "Do you know somewhere over the rainbow? Certainly you do? But the Marusha version? I always hated that one. Really did." August kept his eyes closed. "Now we share my deepest secret. I hate Marusha. Only said I liked her to get this girl into bed at the Love Parade. I know. I know. SOMEWHERE OF THE RAINBOW NONONONONO."

[b]AUGUST STARR[/b] boomed a voice from nowhere.

[b]JUDGEMENT HAS BEEN RENDERED[/b]

The room sank away into darkness.

[b]YOU MURDERED COUNTLESS INNOCENTS FOR YOUR OWN AMUSEMENT[/b]

[b]YOU HAVE PRACTICED EXTREME VANITY IN THE ASSUMPTION THAT YOU WERE THE CULPRIT[/b]

[b]YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND UNWORTHY OF THE GLORY THAT IS M[/b]

[hl=black][color=white][b]AC TENEBRAS[/b][/color][/hl]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG6qx-CAIzA]The blackness crept up along the very middle of his body before diving towards his heart.[/link]

It pulsed outward, flowing from his heart in snaking, aerterial paths. Each vein became as a conduit to the darkness, until at last it reached his eyes.

And then the darkness was his own blood.

And then, in one last moment of horrifying agony, the pressure of the liquid skyrocketed.

[image=http://www.firstforensic.co.uk/uploads/images/ist2_266264-abstract-blood-splatter-messy-large.jpg]

But he did not die. And the pain ceased, and he was whole again.

How would he interpret this? Only he could say. But he lived. He had survived the darkness.

How then would he react wh

9. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Michaela Gardner

The room was engulfed in flames and Michaela stood confused at what she saw. The children, the dying man was it all real. It felt real and she needed to leave before she burned to death. Before she was able to a booming voice rang out calling her name.

MICHAELA GARDNER

JUDGEMENT HAS BEEN RENDERED

The fire was now gone as well as the dying man and the children. There was only darkness.

YOU STEAL WITHOUT NEED

YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND UNWORTHY OF THE GLORY THAT IS M

How did he know?, who was this voice?

Then suddenly the earth opened up and she fell in as if being swallowed. She screamed as loud as she could to no avail.

Maggots were all over her. ?Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

The pain of the maggots was excruciating. She felt her body rotten away. This was it the end for her and she knew it. She was dying and there was nothing she could do about it.

But she did not die and the pain went away. Her mind was rattled at the events that took place. She had no idea what just happened. She thought she was going crazy.

10. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Camille Rodgers
    Amongst the Collapse of Failing RPG

Tears flood through the cracks of her eyes. She could feel it coming.

The end.

Not just of her life, but of that of her unborn baby too.

CAMILLE RODGERS

JUDGEMENT HAS BEEN RENDERED.

Darkness flooded the room. She was no longer in her house. She didn?t believe she would ever see it again.

YOU MURDERED YOUR BROTHER WITHOUT PROVOCATION.

How did they know? How could anyone know about a simple peanut butter sandwich? How could anyone know that it had been her? That she had made the sandwich and gave it to her brother and told him it was not peanut butter? That she had known perfectly well he would die, and she, at that young age, had wanted to murder him?

YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND UNWORTHY OF THE GLORY THAT IS M.

Light flooded the darkness.

Light flooded her. Burnt her. Murdered her.

The baby gasped in her stomach. Then it died. She felt it. Die.

And still the light. And she didn?t care about her baby. She just screamed. She had NEVER cared about the baby! NEVER!

Then the light ended. She was alive. She was alone though. Her baby had died. And she laughed. HOWLED IN LAUGHTER. SO MUCH LAUGHTER!!!!

?HAHAHAHA-?

Her and her unborn child?s innards splattered the darkness as she simply exploded for no simple reason.

TAG: No one. . .

OOC: This was the oddest game I have ever played in. But, Ramza, your game brought me back to the boards. So thank you. It really was an interesting game.

11. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    August Starr; The End

When the end came it was as painful as he had expected it. With a fascinated curiosity and with an unending fear he observed his own end. The back and forth, the glimmer of hope to be destroyed. A crude version of the back and forth he liked to go though with his victims. And then they talked about something about worthiness. He could not help to think it had probably all been more about them and less about him than they would ever realize. Ego was not a wise council. And so he took his last secret to the grave, because nobody was asking the right question.

In torture they were skilled amateurs, but for all their equipment the effect they got out of it was . . . underwhelming. He felt they could make him cry, like he did to his victims. But they were to hasty. Like young boys who are with a girl for the first time. No sense of timing. Very good in the part with the pain though. His screams were his way to admit that.

When his organs liquified he wondered if he was still in a dream, as he had been all the time, obviously.

And then he found out to his surprise, how little he cared.

With his last thought he wondered what his cousin Thomas was up to these days . . . he had the feeling they would not see each other again. In this life.

Das Leben ist einfach nicht meta genug. Einfach nicht meta genug. And all went black. Und hier kommt die Well . . .

Tag: Nobody

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    OOC: An unfortunately vestigial form of the final post I would have liked. But it's the best I'll have time for in any reasonable period. I wanted to thank both Ramza and you all for a strange but deeply enjoyable game. So many of the posts here just had a superb quality that pushed me to try and do better just to keep up. The revelations were great, too, and I would've liked to see the them (and the characters they shaped) explored at greater depth. Until next we all meet, I suppose.

[b]IC: Alexander Scott[/b]
    [i]Judgement[/i]

Water slapped down onto the porcelain tub basin. He?d always thought that rhythmic. Or at least he?d started to tell himself so, when singing in the shower became an undignified and inappropriate habit. He wasn?t sure if it had stuck because it was intuitive, or because it was among the first of many compromises necessary to mold him. On that morning in particular, though, it took the rhythm of one of the other scant exceptions he?d find in life. Disturbing, especially in light of the phone call he hadn?t made.

But it was worse still when it changed. At some point, it had stopped requiring imagination to make something intelligible of the running shower. The patter of falling water echoed ever more like distant whispers. Then like voices closer by. Alexander opened his eyes?shut them again. It was too late. The disturbing scenes playing in his head weren?t dreams. Nor were they confined only to memory. He watched with growing horror as more of them unfolded, increasingly numb with terror.

It was all too much. He backed up, eyes dilated wide with terror. He?d have been silent, but for his sputtering hyperventilation. Enough. Caution gone, decades of careful reserve broken, furious to the point of irrationality, he screamed through eyes blurred by tears ?Questions?! Tell me how to go back! I want to see my wife?

[b]TAG: Ramza[/b]

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Paul Whittaker
    The Unknown

One by one they dissipated, fading away into nothingness and leaving nothing behind except a blood. Well, in some cases. One just simply evaporated. But in the end, it was all the same - each one of them had met death and after witnessing the horrendous experience, Paul decided that he had come to fear it. He was not a murderer, that much was certain. He would not want to wish that kind of fate onto anyone. That was why he felt guilt over what had happened. He had only been doing his job, why did it have to end that way? Sure, he had saved innocents in the process, but that one individual...

And then in that instant, it hit him. His decision had always been wearing on his conscious, seeping in to seemingly innocent conversation and making him paranoid. What if all of this was a paranoia-induced dream? He was the murderer, the innocent bystander, the victim...all and one the same. It was all being lumped together - the future, the past, the present - until it had formed one big nightmarish fantasy.

And the people involved...the others that had been trapped, that had been killed, that had been tortured alongside him, were they merely phantoms of his mind or did they really exist? All of them called Jackson, Iowa their home. Perhaps he had simply passed them at one point on the street while on patrol and his feeble mind had twisted their images to fit into this nightmare. Perhaps there was even a chance that they were all still safe. But even so, the same could not be said for him.

He was sick, very sick. Sick in both body and mind. How could he have gone so far as to allow things to accumulate into such a horrific moment? Would they lock him away forever in some corrections facility for the mentally insane? Or maybe death, the very epitome of fear, was the only true option for him...

The others were still speaking, but it had no meaning for him now. He simply hung his head, closed his eyes tight and began to sob silently.

TAG: Ramza, Jedi_padawan_leigh, Jabba-wocky

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Autumn - Cavatina

In the end they didn't see it coming.

[image=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/206/463057547_bec19a08a3.jpg]

I had decided by this time that they had probably gotten an eyeful as it was, best to put them out of their misery as quickly as possible.

The white light was coming for me.

I had to act fast.

[image=http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/images/2007/06/27/bullet_from_revolver_1.jpeg]

They were dead before they even knew the bullets had entered their brains.

One of them had given up.

One wanted to see his wife again.

One didn't speak at all.

It was, as I reminded myself, a mercy.

But then I was always the merciful one.

[image=http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/darthramza/tour_guide.jpg]

Or maybe I had never been there at all.

In any case I knew that whatever I was, anything was a mercy compared to what lay on the other side of that white light.

Because whatever it was, it wasn't death. I should know.

[image=http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/Randylbishop/PhantomStranger.jpg]

I've met Death. Nice lady.

I stood then, alone, amidst the crumbling chaos of a universe that had refused to ever truly exist.

[image=http://hitherandyarn.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/universe-with-street-sign.jpg]

A man said to the universe:
    "Sir I exist!"
    "However," replied the universe,
    "The fact has not created in me
    A sense of obligation."

Stephen Crane wrote that. I can't speak for your universe. But it applied to mine. God was up in his heaven, nothing was right with the world, and the incessant clatter of the cosmic type pounded out the last strokes of my existence.

Then came the light.

And well, the light meant that I was right truly ****ed, pardon my French.

[image=http://www.alaska-in-pictures.com/data/media/13/sun-light-from-above_1042.jpg]

It ate what was left of them. Then it came for me. And I was gone.

Gone to meet M.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32DARlE4xhU][i][b]Epilogue - The Song is Over[/b][/i][/link]

"And so the universe ended," Ramza said, closing the book. "Not really one of my more cohesive efforts, but what can I say? Life happens." He took a sip of his coffee. "It was about four updates in I started to run into serious trouble. Could've locked it. Hell, maybe should've locked it. But instead you got carted around as an RPG literally crumbled around you. There's actually an answer to what exactly happened, and I even know who M [i]is[/i], but..."

He shrugged. "The clues are all there. It's up to you to put them together."

"Ah, yes, and of course now it's time for the thank yous - I'd like to thank a good friend of mine who's not on these boards for the idea in lieu of a lock, I'd like to thank all the bands I've shamelessly linked to for just plain [i]existing[/i], I'd like to thank certain filmmakers best left unnamed, serial killers best left unidentified, plot points I'd rather not divulge, Grant Morrison for not suing my ass off on the ridiculously out there chance he ever reads this epilogue (And for Animal Man, where the idea of having me address you directly came from), and of course, last but certainly not least, [b]all of you[/b], for putting up with my nonsense. I know it's been rough. Go now, and let this game trouble you no more. Let it drift away into the sands of time. Forgotten. Perhaps reminisced about in a social thread."

Ramza smiled. "Just like all the others. Some games die and are meant to stay dead. This is one of them."

He began to walk off, just before turning around one last time. "Oh, and in case you're wondering what it all means..."

"Don't."

[b]The End[/b]

Isn't this where...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.