main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Super Articulated Star Wars World

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Obi-Wan21, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Okay, in the recent years Hasbro has done an excellent job at releasing SA versions of figures. Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS), Mace Windu is due in 2007 (ROTS), and rumors are of a Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) getting the special treatment as well in 2007.

I'm glad to see Hasbro doing this, but, besides the ones released, who else should get SA treatment? I'm talking about real possibilities, not a fanboy's wet dream of EVERY figure in SA.

Personally, I really want to see a repainted SA Obi-Wan done in Mustafar garb. And, along with that, a ROTS Anakin done in Mustafar battle damage as well. So the two could go at it on my shelf. This one is a possibility because Anakin certainly deserves a SA version, and repainting that Obi-Wan with, hopefully, a new head sculpt with some messy hair, and we got ourselves two really awesome figures.

I'm probably one of the few who actually bought the Mustafar playset, so yeah. lol. Those two could go at it in some really pretty moves.

Anyhow, Mace Windu looks amazing, so I couldn't ask for a better Windu figure, great head sculpt, no longer screaming or looking constipated. I'm so excited to pick him up.

Now, besides what we want, I'd really like to hear what everyone thinks of the already released SA figures, so let's go at it.

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    S/A seems fairly standard for the Storm/Clonetroopers these days and slowly it seems that the core characters may get that treatment too... Which is great because I think characters like Anakin, Obi-Wan & Luke could really benefit from it, allowing diorama builders to recreate classic scenes... On the other hand, I don't think that General Madine needs 11 points of articulation (Although he might need swiveled wrists to manage that hair-don't of his), so Hasbro can save some money there :p.

I mostly keep my stuff carded, but I do want S/A versions of the core characters so if Hasbro could just swing a S/A Bespin Han & Luke and a S/A Snowtrooper too, I'd be happy :D.

3. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    How could I forget about that, Bespin Han certainly deserves an SA version. That's like the only version of Han that hasn't had a new sculpt since the POTJ line back in, what, 2000? And plus a GOOD Bespin Luke, those two seriously deserve an SA toy. I still have that old Bespin Luke from the mid-90's line. I love that figure, still in great condition too. lol

I don't actually keep mine carded, but I guess that's obvious. I do have a few carded, like the 300 Figure Boba in its rare packaging, but other than that, the regular figures, I open them. Anything that's like rare or something, then I might keep that on card.

4. ewankenobi8888

ewankenobi8888 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    my #1 redo would be the piolet clone i mean common i was sadly dissapointed at the arc-170 version

5. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I definitely agree about the Obi-Wan - I've been wanting III-55 redone in the Mustafar tone for a while. If they were to do SA Mustafar Anakin I'd be fine with a redo of the Evolutions one - giving him ball-jointed elbows is really the only improvement I think that could be made to the figure. Some of my top SA choices are coming next year: Mace, Qui-Gon, AOTC Obi-Wan (I know the one coming out is from the comics, and I still want one with a removable robe, but I'm not going to complain about the one we're getting - it looks great) and the Super Battle Droid (I'm actually not sure if it is SA, but it's certainly more articulated than any other version we've had before). I'd also like an SA TPM Obi-Wan. My number one selection is still Padme from the Geonosis arena, though. I openly admit to being biased towards that choice because Padme is my favorite character. I'm glad that Hasbro has said they want to revisit that figure at some point in the future, but nothing's been confirmed as far as I know.

6. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Really, the comic Obi-Wan IS going to be SA? I've seen the figure myself but couldn't tell. Hm, wonder if that means the same for Quinlan, that would be cool. Concerning Padme, I agree that she deserves some better treatment than what she's been getting. I was mildly disappointed with Snowbunny, maybe a SA Padme in Geonosis garb with changing heads for snowbunny Padme. lol. Not likely, but at least something to get two from one.

An TPM SA Obi-Wan would also be great, although I'd rather get a Mustafar version of Obi-Wan SA if I had to choose. One figure that I think REALLY deserves SA is Tarkin, maybe it's just me, because I loved him so much in ANH, but he needs a NEW figure. And I'm not talking about the repaint of some guy we barely see from ROTS.

I'm talking a Tarkin figure meant to look like the real deal from ANH and be SA. I don't exactly see that as asking too much. Put him under the Vintage line even. If you can make Greedo for Vintage, then they can do Tarkin.

7. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    how about all of 'em. certainly would cut down on the amount of molds they need to make.

8. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    My Super Articulated Wish List:

ROTJ Death Star Luke (but this should include cloak)*
    TPM Qui Gon Jinn (robes and poncho please)*
    TPM Obi Wan Kenobi (padawan/robes)
    AOTC Obi Wan Kenobi (Kamino/robes)
    TPM Padme(Theed attack/final battle garb)
    AOTC Jango Fett
    ROTS Mace Windu*
    ESB Han Solo (Falcon/Besbin)
    ESB Princess Leia (Hoth)
    ESB Luke (Hoth)
    ESB Han Solo (Hoth)*
    ESB Snowtrooper*
    ANH C3P0 (why not)
    ANH Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi (VOTC wasnt SA; Old Ben deserves more love)
    TPM Jar Jar Binks
    TPM Young Anakin
    TPM Battle Droid
    ROTJ Emperor Palpatine
    ROTJ Red Royal Guard
    AOTC Padme (Arena/Droid Factory)
    ROTJ Leia (Jabba's Slave/so you can pose her lounging with the hutt)
    ROTJ Lando (Skiff Guard/I want a good pose dangling off of the skiff)
    ROTJ Neim Numb (hahah okay, he doesnt need to be SA, but id like a new one)

*rumored or confirmed for 2007

9. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    It sucks that yet again we're not getting a new Han Solo in Bespin gear. He deserves to be in the VOTC line. ugh. Either way, at least we'll be getting a Luke (bespin), which will hopefully be SA, and a Han Solo (Hoth). Even though we've had TONS of Hoth Solos. arg.

10. zit5us

zit5us Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    jango. and a better SA Maul. and General lando. it would work well w/ EU, also

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.