main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CARDS *A* SW:CCG Attack of the Clones Expansion Project (formerly Quest's)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 29, 2002.

1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Is it too late to get in on this?

I avoided this thread like the plague until I saw AotC.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The walker is an AT-TE, I forget the acronym for the gunships...just that there are two types, a "/c" and a "/t" variation...the latter is the one the clones ride, the former is the type that drop the walkers.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    We would be honored...if you would join us[face_batting]

also, I'm also gonna claim this particular still for one of the Anakin cards, before they are all taken;;D

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/Anakin.jpg]

4. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey Quest... that's my image! ;) Just kidding. I've actually got hold of a slew of images today. Amazing what you can do besides what you're supposed to be doing at work! I've got some Anakin pics that I might post on Tuesday for you guys to think about using. I haven't found the definitive one that I'd like to use for an Anakin card, at least not yet. I won't tell you where I'm getting these images at the moment, but I will at some point. :) Please feel free to utilize card images already posted on any cards you might be interested in making yourself.

By the way did you manage to get those fonts I sent you to download and work OK?

Restrainingbolt

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've made a revised draft of the A Jedi Shall Not... objective that BPJ made awhile back..

basicly, I fixed a couple things (such as: what to do when half of X equals a fraction, and how you lose the game if forbidden love is placed out of play). I also added a way to basicly substitute Anakin with a generic Jedi Padawan character should the DS2 Bring Him Before Me objective is played against. Let me know what you think.

A Jedi Shall Not Know Anger Nor Hatred?/ Nor Love
    LS Objective
    0 Side
    Place Anakin here if no [Death Star 2 icon] objective on table (otherwise place Padawan Protector here). Deploy Padme?s Apartment, one [episode 2] non-docking bay Naboo site, and Forbidden Love. After you have shuffled your reserve deck, place top card face up from your reserve pile on Forbidden Love.
    For remainder of game, you do not lose if your life force is depleted (unless Forbidden Love is placed out of play). If Anakin (or Padawan Protector) is lost from table, place him here. Anakin (or Padawan Protector) may not be placed out of play. [Tatooine Icon] Padme?s game text is suspended while she is with Anakin (or Padawan Protector). You may not play or deploy Ultimatum, Nabrun Leids or Odin Neslorr. If [Death Star 2 icon] objective on table, you may not deploy Anakin.
    While this side up, once during your deploy phase, you may use 2 force to take Anakin (or Padawan Protector) into hand from here OR deploy a docking bay to Coruscant or Naboo; reshuffle. Padme moves for free if moving with Anakin (or Padawan Protector).
    Flip this card if there are four or more cards on Forbidden Love.
    7 Side
    Immediately swap top card on Forbidden Love with one card from hand.
    While this side up, Anakin is power and defense value+3. If Padme and Anakin (or Padawn Protector) are not together, opponent may lose 3+X force (X=half the number [round down] of cards on that epic event) to place Forbidden Love out of play (place cards on Epic Event in lost pile.) Padme may not be targeted with weapons. If you are going to lose force, you may reduce it by Y (Y= destiny number of that card) by placing the top card from Forbidden Love on Lost pile.
    Flip this card, and shuffle your reserve deck, if Forbidden Love not on table.

Forbidden Love (0)
    LS Epic Event
    Deploy on table. At the end of each of your turns, if Anakin (or Padawn Protector) and Padme are alone at your Naboo location, may place top card from your used pile face up here. During your control phase, you may use 1 force to shuffle the cards on this epic event. Once per turn, you may place the top card here in used pile to: cancel a force drain, use the destiny number on that card as battle destiny or retrieve X force where X is the destiny number of that card.
    Place the top card here in lost pile if: opponent wins a battle you initiate, opponent deploys 2 or more characters to Naboo in the same turn or if you lose more than 2 force from a force drain (once per turn). If there are no cards here, you lose the game.

6. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Let's say someone has a character or something they'd really like to do, but doesn't know how soon they can get to makeing it, could said person ask nicely to have that character reserved for them?

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, all submissions here are open for changes, so if you have an idea for a particular character or element, post it and we'll work it in if possible to any other existing suggestion or replace the previous one with the new one.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also, here are two others I made up...

this one is lightside...I'm planning on adding an "OR" to the gametext for something else, but i haven't figure out what yet, but for now, the initial idea...

*The Difference Between Knowledge And Wisdom
    Lost Interrupt
    Destiny: 2
    Once per game, if opponent has more than 18 cards in his hand, use 2 force to cause all of opponent's force loss to come from reserve deck for remainder of your turn.

and this one is darkside...

*I Will Not Give Into This
    Lost Interrupt
    Destiny= 2
    Twice per game, may place top 3 cards of opponent's reserve deck in lost pile. OR Once per game, during opponent's control phase, may place the top 3 cards on Forbidden Love in owner's used pile if 4 or more cards are stacked there.

9. Sithlord119

Sithlord119 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    I noticed somone mentioned figguring out size of the cards for printing. I have been making dream cards for a while I already have a AOTC dream card set and starting a second. Anyway I use photshop the perfect card size is 240 X 330 pixxels. Font sizes is depending upon what you use if you just copy and paste from the original cards just resize although cards before Corusant do not resize well at all. I originally used Arial Narrow for game test lore and card title (currently looking for better alternatives) size 12 for card title 9 for lore and game text. Hope this helps if you are interested in seeing my cards here is the url.http://www.geocities.com/threeangrymen/starwars/index.htm
    they are in the swccg section.

10. Jedi_Master_Smith

Jedi_Master_Smith Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Awesome Idea. I just wish there was some way we could create pictures and print the cards. I am wondering why dosen't decipher just make their own whitout approval and just give them away on the net?

11. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    The fonts I'm using are as follows (as posted in the thread R'Bolts Preview Cards).

"I also appear to have found the "perfect" font to use for the text. I'm pretty sure Decipher used the exact same font. It's Helvetia Extra Compressed, Helvetia Condensed Bold and Helvetia Condensed Medium"

I do believe these fonts are the same, or at least if not the same, very close to the fonts Decipher was using.

BTW, Sithlord119, your cards look great. I'm still looking for input on the cards in process I've got posted to my site.
    http://homepage.mac.com/dark182nd/PhotoAlbum5.html

I've got a limited amout of free space provided by Apple through ITools (20 megs), but I'm going to look into what the costs are to increase the storage possibilities. If the prices are reasonable, ...I'd be willing to host card images by others on a separate page. I also be able to post higher resolution images in exact size for outputting to a printer for those who might be interested in printing them.

I'm curious about photoshop resolutions at the appropriate canvas sizes you guys are using for your cards. Seems to me the file sizes should be at least 200 dpi to get flattened files to print the text correctly.

Restrainingbolt

12. Sithlord119

May 23, 2002
    Limited space is something we also have to deal with we have 15 megs on geocites but we have resgistered other accounts with them if we need more space. All our cards print fine the text is readable the pictures are fine unless printed in black and white then problems occur. As for the fonts someone had mentioned on decipher's board thoes are the fonts they use unfortuninatley I do not have them and do not want to pay for them since that's the only way I have found them. Oh here is all the technical information on the cards.
    Pixels 240 X 330
    size (inches) 3.333 X 4.583
    resolution 72 dpi

They print fine as we have tested it a few times took a while to get the size right mainly the idea is if you scan the card umage yourself make sure there is no visable background or take the cards off deciphers card list but only Corusant, Reflections III, and Theed. these are the only one's scaned in JPEG the rest are in gif and when the size is changed the card looks auful.

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, I was just going to ask if I could design the Elan Sleezebaggano card.

14. Sithlord119

May 23, 2002
    Well on the subject of cards does any one know a good place to get pics I am using the trailers and anything I can find but I do not have good pics of the clone troopers and many other things I need so any help on this would be appreciated.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Try WOTC's site and take the images from their cards.

And MD- go for it::)

As for storage space, I have a total of 100 megs to use on denimfilms.com, but I will be needing a large chunk of that for film and video projects in the near future, however I don't think I'll have a problem hosting a .zip or .sit file of all the cards. Perhaps Red would be willing to host the finished project on TF.N's servers?

16. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    I've got three more cards posted to my site.

Anakin Skywalker, Padawan
    Anakin Skywalker with Lightsaber
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

What can I tell you, work isn't all bad even on a holiday weekend when you've got stuff like this to have fun with! I've posted the above pics at the correct output size with a higher resolution. Hopefully that'll allow them to print out with sufficient quality.

I would appreciate comments on game text. I especially feel very unconfortable with the Politic mechanic. Haven't played Episode One cards for the most part. My son was planning on building a bomber deck to pulverize it, but they came out with a card to nix that, or so he tells me. :)

Restrainingbolt

17. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Don't think I'd want to be accused of "stealing" pictures from the TCG crowd. ;) I'll personally find them elsewhere before getting them off existing cards.

Although finding the pics is tough, getting game text that is reasonable and balanced is going to be a lot tougher.

Restrainingbolt

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I just made a Zam Wesell dream card. Scroll down to the bottom to see her.

19. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Cool pic (and card), Bib. :) Keep em coming.

Restrainingbolt

20. angeldesignpro

angeldesignpro Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    I have worked off and on all day on this card:

A little background first, actualy. Many other sets have included new concepts from older sets (ex boba fett in R3), so here is my idea for this one:

'Climax' characters, representations of characters in their absolute peak preformance. For example, a (new) DS land 'Lando, Han's Doom' or a DS card 'Fearfull, Angry, and Agressive Luke'

They would need special rules on deployment, persona, and life-span(climax shouldnt last all game!)

Here is my first crack at one, (it looks pretty good if I do say so myself ;) )

http://members.cox.net/angeldesignpro/LSvaderDONE.jpg

You might need to c/p link.

If there is a red line through it, I'm sorry, anyone know why Photoshop does that?

Please give me feed back! All the oher posted cards look great! (I realy like the GT on the zam posted above!)

21. Sithlord119

May 23, 2002
    I will post this here I guess I looked at your cards and here are my thoughts.

Yoda may move elsewhere can be removed
    may deploy only to corusant or same site as 2 clone troopers. Cannot be targeted by force lightning.

Obi-Wan power +1 at same site as a Bounty Hunter (+2 if Zam or Jango).

Mace lore need jedi Council member
    Deploy +2 to any site other than Jedi Council Chamber or Geonosis Arena.

Senator Padme remove the politics = 0 when with Emperor or Palpatine (he is suposed to be helping her) leave the thing with nute (nice touch)

Padme Naberrie Fromer Queen. Too redundant same as episode 1 Padme to an extent. I think you should change it to something like (II) Anakin deploys -2 at same site. While present with Anakin or Obi-Wan may not be targeted by weapons, Immune to attrition <3 (<5 at same site as Anakin or Obi-Wan).
    second version is not very good compared to the first version.

Jango With Dual Blasters
    Lore I'm just a simple Man trying to make his way in the universe
    Too weak make him power 5 or 6. Otherwise he is nicley balanced.

Zam hmmm where to start SHE IS BANE MALAR with armor
    we never seen her change into anything except her true form so I would stay away from the whole changling thing. Increase power to 3 ability fine as is Armor I would reduce to 3 her suit does not look like it povides much protection.

Zam's Macrobinoculars Fine the way they are.

Anakin Padwan (should be Padawan Learner)
    The card is fine but you could change it to deploys -2 to same site as Obi-Wan instead of Padme or COrusant. Should read Adds 2 to power and maneuver of anything he pilots if you take my above suggestion the line abou Padme could be removed and you could add something else. Oh last thing it should be Force Attuned not Padawan

Anakin with saber... It's fine all cards with sabers are Identical for some reason maybey add something extra like a power bounus or something just to make him diffrent.

Palpatine well I am not going to comment as I am awful when it comes to politics I think it was a bad mechanic to begin with.

Finding balanced game text is not that hard all you have to do is plan the whole set ahead of time well name all the cards and what card type they will be then balance every light side card to a dark side card so neither is way too powerful then make sure you don't make old card useless or make them pointless to use.

I have used pics from Wizards everyone has without knowing it (your Obi-Wan has the same pic as one of theres) but please somone another source of pics the Wiards cards have horrible pics plus there site has like three cards posyed I have a site that has all there cards but I still find there pics awful.

22. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Wow... a lot of great suggestions. I'm going to wait until I get to work on Tuesday to try and modify some of the cards. I'd rather work with a high speed connection when working with my IDisk anyway. Really slows my computer down at home with a 56K modem.

Yeah ...knew about the Ben pic being used by Wizards. To tell you the truth, I've paid very little attention to the new TCG cards. Really don't like the card design at all, just too modern a feel for me. I won't get into the topic of game mechanics, since that's "not" what this thread is about.

I personally really like the Anakin pics I've found although they are slighly pixelated. Wish they were higher resolution. Need to spend more time searching the net. My son is excellent at locating pictures, but he's a senior and getting ready to graduate. Doesn't really want to spend that much time at his internship these days! ;) He is itching to make some more cards, however ...and personally I think he's pretty good at it.

Also, curious what text suggestions you might have for the vehicle cards I have on my work in process page. I will be getting up some additional interim cards there in the near future.

R'Bolt

23. Sithlord119

May 23, 2002
    Hey however I can help. Ok first off the Assult Ship is actually the gunship first off so that's one thing as for power deploy maneuver that's your call. The game text should in theory be something like may add 1 pilot and 6 passengers. Clone Troopers deploy -1 aboard. Once per turn may deploy one Gun Pod here from Reserve Deck; reshuffle.

Gun Pod (Assult Pod)
    Power 0 Armor 3
    Permanant Weapon Icon
    Deploys only to any Gunship limit 2 per ship. May add 1 passenger (must be a Warrior). Permant Weapon is Air To Ground Laser (or something like that) may target a character or vehicle using 1 force. Draw destiny. If destiny +1 > defense value target hit (insert something here if you wish)

AT-TE Walker
    once again power deploy etc etc up to you.
    Game text well I am not sure think this way this is like a prototype At-At but before made after the AAT's of the Trade Federation so inbetween thoes 2 cards is what you would be aiming for in terms of power armor landspeed and game text.

Oh I havent said this before but I will now you are doing a great job especially when it comes to the cutting of the pictures and the making of the templates I have never managed to get them to look as good as yours please keep up the good work, I would also like to ask a favor your templates are amazing if you could provide me with templates for Innterupts and effects (just the 2 card tpes that is not all the effects and interupts) I would be very thankful mine are not so good even if you can e-mail them to me it would be great.
    here is my e-mail sithlord119@hotmail.com

24. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    (edit: double post_sorry)

25. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks for the kind words. I will eventually be posting templates for all card types. I can e-mail you higher resolution versions than those I'm posting on the net although I haven't gotten around to making them all yet. If I get some time this weekend I will get some additional ones done. I've got a number of cool pics without the necessary templates at the moment, so I'm pretty motivated to get them ready so my son an I can work them up. I'm pretty sure he'll be doing most of the darkside cards.

My son made two additional cards this evening which I just got done posting. Nothing like getting to bed at 3 AM while working on CCG cards. Hopefully the game text makes sense. We have to read it in the morning to see. I think Jango's going to rock, and given all the lightsabers and jedi running around, he's going to need all the help he can get! :)

Jango's Flame Projector
    Jango's Rocket Pack

We also posted another Fett weapon on the cards in process page.

Jango's Dual Blasters.

Restrainingbolt