main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CARDS *A* SW:CCG Attack of the Clones Expansion Project (formerly Quest's)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 29, 2002.

1. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Really great suggestions, 2ndQuest. Been a very busy day for me so I haven't had a lot of time to devote to fun. Will reread the posts a little later this evening and make any additional suggested text corrections to the cards. I can't tell you how much fun this is! :) My son is going to be thrilled with the technical information on Fetts guns etc.

I should have revised vehicle and weapon card images up shortly.

Restrainingbolt

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    OK, here is my rough draft of an assassination objective...

*Assassination Contract
    Destiny: 4
    Effect
    Deploy on opponent's character for 3 force to designate them a Mark (+1 force to use landspeed). If Mark 'hit', immediately place Mark out of play and transfer this card to your bounty hunter or assassin at same or adjacent site (if possible, otherwise this card is lost).

*Geonosis: Conference Chamber
    Interior, Underground
    Icons: 0/LS, 2/DS
    Lightside Gametext: During battles here, may add your total politics to your total power.
    Darkside Gametext: During battles here, may add your total politics to your total power.

Many Other Ways To Kill A Senator/There Can Be No Mistakes This Time
    DS Objective
    0 Side
    Deploy Geonosis: Conference Chamber (with your Confederate alien of ability & power <4 there-this is your Client for remainder of game) and any three Coruscant sites. Deploy a character (opponent's choice) with politics (or any alien or republic character of ability <5, if no character with politics available) from opponent's reserve deck (if possible) to any Coruscant site.
    For remainder of game, Assassination Contract may only deploy on opponent's alien &republic characters with either politics or ability<5. Marks may not move aboard starships (except Refugee Transports). Death Mark may target rebel, republic and alien characters but may only deploy to Coruscant sites. Aim High is suspended. Character weapons are forfeit+3.
    While this side up, once during each of your control phases, may [take into hand X icon] one Assassination Contract, assassin, bounty hunter, Death Mark, speeder or non-lightsaber character weapon.
    Flip this card if a Mark was just placed out of play, and your Client on table (or if no character was deployed from opponent's Reserve Deck at start of game).
    7 Side
    Immediately retrieve 4 force.
    While this side up, your Client is defense value +2, has immunity to attrition<5 and may not be targeted by weapons if not alone. Your bounty hunters and assassins are power+1 and forfeit+3. During your move phase, if your bounty hunter (or assassin) with an Assassination Contract is present with your Client, may stack Assassination Contract under Client (face down and is not considered on table) to retrieve 4 force. During opponent's activate phase, opponent loses X force (where X=1+the number of cards stacked under your Client) for each battleground your bounty hunter and assassins occupy.
    Flip this card, if your Client is not on table (or if there is at least 1 card underneath your Client while present at same site as opponent's non-droid character during your draw phase)- unless no character was deployed from opponent's reserve deck at start of game.

EDIT- also, i should correct a typo from my tech notes before..

" Fett installed the concealed, frontal double-rack of torpedos. They fire modified concussion missles that inflict blast-like kinetic effects without physical contact. Fett also installed an adapated naval minelayer (with a magazine of 9 capacity) "

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, would Dexter Jetster (sp?) be the light side equivilent to Elan Sleezebaggano?

Also, how about an effect called "Go Home & Rethink Your Life" with something like this gametext:

"Target opponant's non-droid character of Ability < 3. Both you and Opponent draw destiny. Add +1 destiny for each Jedi at same site. If your total destiny > target character's ability + opponent's destiny, put target character into your deck, reshuffle. Character is yours until end of game."

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I could see those two being opposites in terms of gametext, even if they are dissimilar in a few ways...Dex would have higher stats for sure though, and would probably get bonuses when with Obi-Wan. Elan on the otherhand is weak minded and would probably be related to death sticks (and we've just gotta make a card for that little magic hand trick he does!).

Maybe instead of bringing the character to your reserve deck, he goes back to the opponent's (since that is "his home" really) but you get a nice bonus- like retrieve two force or something?

5. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    MD that "Go home and rethink your life" effect sounds pretty cool. Sure wish I had a pic of him.

Revised vehicle and weapon card images are finally posted. Took me awhile. If other changes are needed let me know. I noticed one card is missing the expansion and E2 icons. I'll get around to changing that.

Also on the Composite Beam Turrents... should the Turrents read "Turrets"?

2ndQuest, do you have any additional technical information on the Federation Dwarf Spider or Tank Droids? I'll probably start working on those cards next.

R'Bolt"

6. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    ASN-121 Assassin Droid posted. Zam seeker on steroids! Let us know if you think this works as an automated weapon. Not really sure how we could use this as a vehicle instead.

http://homepage.mac.com/dark182nd/PhotoAlbum4.html

Also could use technical specs on Zam's Gun and Rifle. Posted a card pic of her gun in the Cards in Process folder as well.

Restrainingbolt

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Also on the Composite Beam Turrents... should the Turrents read "Turrets"?<<

Yeah, sorry- my mistake..it was late[face_batting]

>>2ndQuest, do you have any additional technical information on the Federation Dwarf Spider or Tank Droids? I'll probably start working on those cards next.<<

Commerce Guild, not Trade Federation (for Dwarf Spider and Homing Spider) and InterGalactic Banking Clan for the IBC Hailfire Droids. Beyond that, I don't have much else I'm afraid, thats about all the info they give on those in the visual dictionary, and they are not present in the cross-sections. the art of AOTC might have something, i'll take a look in there. wait here is a VD tidbit on the Spider droids- "Commer e Guild Army droids are built with striding legs for roadless terrain on rugged mining worlds. these destructive droids hunt down operations attempting to evade tribute payments.

>>Also could use technical specs on Zam's Gun and Rifle. Posted a card pic of her gun in the Cards in Process folder as well. <<

Zam's blaster is a KYD-21 Blaster pistol, which is her primary weapon. She finds she can hide a pistol more easily when she needs to disguise herself as a non-threatening presence in order to close in on her mark.

Her rifle is referred to as a Projectile Rifle, which she carries at Jango's insistence.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not much more info in the art of AOTC on the dropids..just that Lucas wanted "point defenders", and so they were created.

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Maybe instead of bringing the character to your reserve deck, he goes back to the opponent's (since that is "his home" really) but you get a nice bonus- like retrieve two force or something?

Well, I kinda wanted an effect that could allow you to use their forces against them, to actually battle him with his own card. Besides, in Gamer magazine, it said that Elan Sleezebaggano went on to open a Home for Wayward Boys or something, so he did turn into a light sider type.

Also, how about a LS/DS Character Effect called "Death Sticks":

"Use 4 force to deploy on any character. That character gets +3 power. On your control phase, culmunitively(sp?) gives effected character -1 power. When character reaches 0 power choose: lose 3 Force or lose character. Effect is also lost. (Immune to Control/Alter)"

So, lets say you give Death Sticks to a 2 power non-unique character. Now he's a power 5 for your turn, and your opponent's turn. Then he's a 4 power, then 3, then 2, then 1, and after that, since it's not a very good character, you just lose him.

Now lets say tyo put it on Mace Windu, you could have a power of 9 on your first turn. Then, since you would want to keep Mace, you lose your 3 Force, and you're happy.

10. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Just posted two additional cards to the Episode 2 cards page:

"Dwarf Spider Droid"
    "Homing Spider Droid"

Both cards are modeled after Destroyer Droids with permanent weapons. Don't know if they are overpowered.

2ndQuest, I just reread your additional tidbit about the Dwarf Droids in the above post. I might try modifying the card text to incorporate some of it.

I also posted two potential effect card images (1 light and 1 dark) in the Cards In Process page. Anyone have ideas for potential text on these cards? Would also appreciate input on Zam's Droid as well as others already posted.

Restrainingbolt

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I like it...it's similar to the Vine Snake I believe, in that it eats away at power turn by turn, so we could probably rephrase in a similar way.

Here's my rephrased suggestion-

"Use 4 force (1 if Sleezebaggano present) to deploy on your character. Character is power+3. X=0. During each of your control phases, add 1 to X. Character is power-X. When power=0: lose character OR lose 4 force to cancel this effect OR during each of your control phases, lose 1 force. (Immune to Alter)"

This way, you either drop the character, take a hit on force (think of it as rehab::) ) or suffer "addiction" ::)

I think it's more fair also to restrict it to your characters, otherwise people would throw it down on an opponent's Vader or something, wait till his power was down, and then drop on him. But then, if one had the patience to do so, deploying on any character might be good.

Ok, here's my suggestions on your cards, RB...

LAAT Infantry Transport- make this restricted to ** or *** ala the generic Imperial Walker. Also along those lines, perhaps it would be best to retitle the card back to Republic Gunship (ala Imperial Walker) and just keep the LAAT/i designation in the "combat vehicle" field where it is. Afterall, there is no "AT-AT Walker" card.

Composite Beam Turret- you still have the Theed and E1 icons on the card. "Deploys only to a Republic Gunship for 1 force" can be shortened to "Use 1 force to deploy on your LAAT." I'd also think it best to up the deploy cost to 2 force (we can give unique LAAT's deploy bonuses w/the turrets if we want to, later on).

Oh, and now that I think about it- lets make it "Target hit if destiny+1 (+2 if targeting a hailfire droid) > defense value." Since the hailfire droids would be the priority targets in a battle, as we saw in the film.

AT-TE Walker- rename to Republic Walker & add a ** or *** restriction to it.

Dwarf Spider Droid- I like it::) Hopefully we'll be able to find a Commerce Guild icon to use to put on it.

Homing Spider Droid- due to it's scale, perhaps it should be made into a self-piloted combat vehicle/droid with a permanent weapon? We don't want people carrying these around on landspeeders afterall::)

Also, it's weapon is called a Homing Laser, situated inside a paralax signal tracing dish. Sorry, I woulda given that info earlier but the thought of their weapons hadn't crossed my mind::)

Also, the gametext is missing the second ")" for the permanent weapon gametext.

The VD also points out the HSD's armored body core, so perhaps up the Droid's armor to 5? Maybe even 6, cause I remember the developers of the Clone Wars game saying these things are supposed to be really tough.

Perhaps change the bonus against armored vehicles to something else and save that for the IBC Hailfire Droids? (since we see a missle take out a walker in the film). In fact, how about this...

***IBC Hailfire Droid
    Destiny: 1
    Lore: InterGalactic Banking Clan droids that roll rapidly into action. Onboard missle launchers dispatch "late payment notices".
    Combat Vehicle/Droid: Hailfire Droid
    Pilot Icon, Presence Icon, Permanent Weapon Icon
    Power: 3
    Armor: 4
    Landspeed: 3
    Deploy: 5
    Forfeit: 6
    Gametext: "Permanent Weapon is Hailfire Missle Launcher (may target a character or vehicle for 1 force; draw destiny: target hit and forfeit=0 if destiny +1 (+2 if vehicle with armor)> defense value; may fire repeatedly for 1 force each time)."

For the HSD's weapon, since it is a homing weapon, give it a + 2 weapon destiny bonus. Or...you could keep the armor at 4 and give it a +3 weapon destiny bonus to compensate..but I think making it tougher to kill is more important than giving it better accuracy, so I'd say keep it's destiny bonus at +2 for characters and vehicles and up the armor to 5 or 6. Add an immunity to attrition <3 or 4 perhaps also?

Zam Wesell- looks pretty good. Might want to add an assassin characteristic for the objective I suggested. Then again, we'll probably want another version of Zam that works with the objective better- but for a "shapesh

12. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Lot of great suggestions. We're going to a "LOTR's gaming night" this evening so I'll have to check this out more when I get back later tonight. I'll try working up revised text on a number of the cards tomorrow at "work"

R'Bolt

13. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    Restraingbolt: In Lord Tyranus' gameText, it says that he was apprentice to Yoda. In the EU it mentions that practically all Jedi was apprentice to Yoda.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Then perhaps it best to change "apprentice" to "padawan".

Here are some images from the Clone Wars game we can use for unique versions of these things...

[image=http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/swklonewarz6.jpg]

[image=http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/cloneconeptart2.jpg]

[image=http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/cloneconeptart4.jpg]

I'm gonna make the IBC Hailfire droid tonight.

15. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Sounds cool 2ndQuest! :) Can't wait to see it. On my end...I couldn't help but get this one done before heading off to bed. Let me know what you think!

"Republic Drop Ship"

http://homepage.mac.com/dark182nd/PhotoAlbum4.html

Personally I love the concept of this card. Hope it is accurate to the movie. I also posted another possible effect_interrupt card on Cards in Process page

Droid Repair

http://homepage.mac.com/dark182nd/PhotoAlbum5.html

R'Bolt

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I made a Republic Gunship card. Since Geocities won't allow direct links to images, scroll down to the bottom of the page to see it:

http://www.geocities.com/Aea51/Labyrinth/4814/dreamcards.html

I took the arrow from the latest V-cards in order to save space on the card; it means to deploy from Reserve Deck. Also note that the vehicle is open, so its pilots and passengers can add their power.

It might be a little overpowered, but it's a nice counter to those AAT tanks.

17. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Bib, can you try the link again?

18. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Links "not" working for me either Bib.

R'Bolt

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    OK, with the drop ship...

Add *** restriction. I don't think you need the "transport capability" game text.

How about...

"May add 1 combat vehicle. Permanent Pilots provide ability of 2. May move during your deploy phase. AT-TE's may deploy (at -2) to same site as a 'react'. Your shuttling to same site is free."

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Whoops, let's try that link again:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Labyrinth/4814/dreamcards.html

21. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    I have posted some additional card images, as well as changes_corrections to game text on a number of previously posted cards. I have incorporated suggestions from a number of different contributors. Continued text suggestions are always appreciated.

I have also posted two versions of the Homing and Heilfire Droids (one character version and one combat vehicle version).

Heilfire Droid_Character
    Heilfire Droid_Combat Vehicle
    Homing Droid_Character
    Homing Droid_Combat Vehicle

2ndQuest, I kept the landspeed on the Heilfire Droid to 2 (just doesn't seem to me that a land vehicle/droid should be able to move that fast. ;) Landspeed = 3).

I would like input on which version many of you think works best. I am confused a bit (given I didn't take the glossary with me to work) about which icons really belong on the droid vehicle card types. I believe the top icon is a presence icon, but am not really sure.

Also posted:
    Slave 1 Laser Cannons
    Concussion Missile Launcher

I was unable to modify some cards given I took the jpeg files, instead of the photoshop files with me to work by mistake. I will get around to modifying the Republic Drop Ship, LAAT and AT-TE (***restrictions text)when I get home later tonight.

Restrainingbolt

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Bib's gunship text would be good for one of the unique gunships- one of the WOTC gunship cards is called "UH-478"- but since the image link there doesn't work, I can't tell which gunship it is, but that will work for one of them.

Composite Beam Turret- typo on "deploy on you LAAT.." should be "your".

Slave 1 Lasers- change the first sentence to "Use 2 force to deploy on Slave 1."

Concussion Missle Launcher- the "capital or starship" text should have been "capital ship or starfighter" but probably could b e reworded to "Use 2 force to deploy on any starship piloted by a bounty hunter."

The Homing Spider Droid's weapon needs to be something more different from the Hailfire Droid I think. I'll type something up shortly.

For the Combat Vehicle Droids-first off you have the starship icon instead of the vehicle icon. You'll also have to fudge the header area so you can squeeze a droid icon next to the vehicle icon in the upper left corner. Also drop the "spider droid" words next to the armor and add the landspeed value instead (same thing for the IBC Hailfire Droid- the spider droid or hailfire droid characteristic is present above the power and armor or in the card title, so its redundant). I should have my version of the IBC done later hopefully as an example.

Also, I've added the following gametext to the "for remainder of game" portion of the assassination objective- "Program Trap is not unique.".

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    how about this for the Homing Spider Droid... (i think it'd be better to switch the power and armor values)

Homing Spider Droid
    Destiny: 1
    Lore: Commerce Guild assault droid features a heavily armored body core and laser canon, situated within a paralax signal tracing dish.
    Combat Vehicle: Spider Droid
    Power: 5
    Armor 6
    Landspeed: 1
    Pilot Icon, Presence Icon, Permanent Weapon Icon, Commerce Guild Icon (once we have one)
    Deploy: 6
    Forfeit: 4
    Gametext: Permanent weapon is Homing Laser (may target a character or vehicle for 2 force; draw destiny; may substract or add 1; target hit if destiny=target's power).

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I used RB's images to save some time, and the fonts are very close, but exactly the same it seems, but you get the idea...

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/aotcccgproject/HomingSpidrDroid.jpg]

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/aotcccgproject/IBCHailfire.jpg]

25. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks! Curious on a technical note how you're posting images to this forum? Do you need to provide a url to do so?

By the way Bib that card looks neat.

Restrainingbolt