main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA A Table At Sac Con ?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediDarkNight, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    As you all probably figured out in a response of mine on the "Vunderkan" thread, I won't be making it to San Francisco (good ol' golden city, [Sings]San Francisco! Saaan Francisco! [stops singing] Village People[face_dancing]). Boy, I'll sure miss being there! :(

But I just wanted to know, will we be setting up a table at Sunday's Sac Con? I've kind of assumed not, since many of you will have been at Wondercon, but I just want to make sure so I'll know if I need to help out with the table or not and thus decide to go (to Sac Con) or not.

--Jedi Dark Night

2. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    I had originally planned on attending and volunteering at SVRF table at Sac Con, but it looks like my schedule will not permit it. I intend to show for our SVRF meeting Saturday March 10th though.

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I will be at Sac Con, only in the morning and mostly to help set up and man the 501st table. Not sure if we are having one.

4. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    If we are having a table I would love to volunteer. I always love doing SacCon! Let me know if you'll need me there to work. TTYS!

5. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    I thought Sac Con was next week, Mar 11th. Rogue Leader may very well be planning a table. What say you Grand Poobah?

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Sac Con is indeed March 11th. :)

7. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I'm sure all will be revealed at the meeting regarding Sac Con.

Well hopefully not ALL will be revealed, but you get what I mean. Nyuk nyuk.

8. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    :rolleyes: I think our proud papa here's lost it... too many sleepless nights results in 3 Stooges syndrome.

-TJ ;)

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I think we're all subject to that at one point or another. It just takes a dash of stress with a heaping helping of obligation and a side of geek-withdrawls to make it come out. hee hee hee

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes, it will all be worked out Satruday at the meeting

The Supreme Chancellor has spoken!! ;)

11. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Does this mean you WONT be revealling ALL TJ?

12. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_shame_on_you] I find your lack of faith disturbing.

-TJ [face_laugh]

13. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    So then I will have faith that you will reveal ALL and we shall all become inspired, nay, enlightened by your gifts.

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    noooooooooooo I don't think he should reveal his gifts! :eek:

15. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    No, LDV not those gifts, because those... like their owner.. are mine.

Everything after gifts, was said in Palpatine Episode 6 style.

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Okay..so that definitely qualifies as TMI. [face_plain]

Lalalalalala...happy place....lalalalalalalalaaaa

17. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Hey Tionne have you seen Excalibur? That's a great King Arthur movie.

Also one of my favorite comics from the 80s is Camelot 3000. Its another Arthur story with a Star Warsian twist.

And who can forget the Disney CLassic, The Sword in the Stone.

Oh geez, I gotta get out of here.

18. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yes, you need to go home...rest..be with baby Bith.

<begin Arthurian tangent>
    I have seen "Sword in the Stone", "King Arthur" (I have issues with this one), "Merlin" (not too bad), and "Mists of Avalon" (best IMHO), but not the other ones. Guess I have to put them on my Netflix! I love the Arthurian legends when they are portrayed with reverence to what may have actually occurred. The Once and Future King (T.H. White) has got to be one of the best books out there, along with Mists of Avalon.
    <end Arthurian tangent..for now> :D

19. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Oh Excalibur is the best of all of them. Definately put it in your netflix queue.

It came out in 1980 I think and as a kid it had the same transportive powers as Star Wars. Still does actually.

Liam Neeson plays Sir Gawaine.

It also has a very seductive Helen Mirren as Morgan, appearing VERY differently than here recently Oscar awarded role in The Queen.

[image=http://www.dvdmg.com/excalibur.jpg]

and only NOW do I realize im not in the Starbucks post, yeah...i do need to go home

20. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Well whoahohoho

Classic B Actress Sybil Danning will be at Sac Con! She played Saint-Exmin in one of my favorite 80s movies, Battle Beyond the Stars.

21. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Oh my, "Battle Beyond the Stars" (John boy in outer space)I saw that at least three times at the movies. It seemed always a part of a double feature. Like with Soilent Green or something. Loved it:)

Bith you always send me back to great childhood flash.[:D]

22. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    It was definately a Star Wars knockoff but was and is still fun. You can't go wrong with adapting the Seven Samurai storyline:

Magnigicent Seven
    Battle Beyond The Stars
    A Bug's Life

Even Three Amigos uses the same plot

23. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005

I did see Excalibur about a year ago, and I have to agree with you, Bith Lord, it was one of the best King Arthur movies done to date. And your right about the similarities in Star Wars; there's a Merlin-Arthur/Mentor-Student relationship between Ben Kenobi (". . . that old wizard" as Owen Lars refers to him as in the Marvel Comics adaptation of the first film) and Luke Skywalker, especially with the use of the light saber (Star Wars's "Excalibur"). Also there's a scene in Excalibur that compares greatly with the Force, when Merlin says something like, "The Dragon is everywhere; it's in the land around us, it's in us." Ben Kenobi says that the Force is created by and therefore within all living things, including people. It's really neat!

And Tionne, I'll be there for your performance next weekend! I haven't forgotten; not this Arthurian expert!

--Jedi Dark Night

24. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Battle Beyond the Stars!! whoaah! Out'a sight, man!

--Jedi Dark Night

25. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    I believe the first time I saw it at the old State Theater (like there's a new one, ha!) also as part of a double feature. It was showing with, If I remember correctly, The Private Eyes, with Don Knotts and Tim Conway, which was a horror/murder mystery spoof. Got rent those two and see 'em again! I was 10 when I last saw them (or first saw them, whatever; I have a bad memory. So, what's your name again? [face_laugh] )

--Jedi Dark Night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.