main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Tale of a Fateful Trip - AU - COMPLETED Aug. 11, 2004 - More replies to Comments 8/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GreatOne, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Story removed

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehehe hey this sounds interesting! Can't wait for more!

3. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Ha ha ha... This is very interesting. I eagerly await more! :)

4. NabooForever

NabooForever Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2004
    This sounds very interesting. Do I recognize some of those characters? Hmmm...

:D

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    This could be the scariest crossover concept I've ever heard of! [face_laugh] And it has the potential to be utterly brilliant!

Excelsior, GreatOne! These characters are very intriguing... (Listen to the Wookiee, Han. Really.)

6. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    It's by Great One that caught my attention. Then I read it. Still here!!!!!

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ack! I can't believe you are really doing this. [face_shame_on_you]
    I don't know whether to [face_laugh] or :_|

8-} what a concept. At least we don't have Evil Han.

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    This could be the scariest crossover concept I've ever heard of!

I'm with Mistress_Renata on this! [face_laugh] I can't wait for more. And not only can you write like the wind, you can write two stories at once. :eek: Oh, wait, one is by that smelly sock person. ;)

9. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Hee hee, a Gilligan's Island crossover! Classic! (Yet crazy at the same time) Will there be a coconut-radio involved at some point? ;) *sings* With Gilligan, the skipper too, the millionare and his wife, the movie star, the professor and Mary Ann - here on Gilligan's Isle!

10. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Well, on some levels that was disturbing, but then I'm not really complaining. ;)

[face_laugh] This is great!

11. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Kynstar - I will have the second chapter posted tonight, if all goes as planned. :D - Thanks for reading!

VadersMistress - This is very interesting- All sorts of possibilities come to mind! :p

NabooForever - Do I recognize some of those characters?- I hope you recognize ALL of them! ;) Even if they all don't have exactly the same profession as before. (but a few do!)

Mistress_Renata - This could be the scariest crossover concept I've ever heard of!- It's not my fault! Really! I grew up watching Gilligan's Island, and now it is forever stuck in my brain, along with the theme song. :eek: it has the potential to be utterly brilliant! - Brilliant?? I was aiming for silly! 8-}

starwarsfan68 - Still here!!!!! - Hehe. Thanks! I know that beginning is enough to drive anyone running and screaming away! :D

RebelMom - I can't believe you are really doing this- I'm blaming this on you too! LOL! (j/k)... it's amazing how an innocent little comment can cause a warped plot bunny to fall down out of the plot bunny tree in my backyard and hit me smack in the head. :D :D At least we don't have Evil Han- Nope.... but a bizarre combination of Ginger and Mara will make up for that! :p

Jedi-2B - not only can you write like the wind, you can write two stories at once- :eek: - Two??? That other one is already done..... someone is just tweaking it for me! ;) :)

PrincessDaisy2 - Will there be a coconut-radio involved at some point? - There might be! I am thinking back on those old episodes, and thinking about how to infuse them with SW characters. I AM crazy! [face_laugh]

Kazzy - Well, on some levels that was disturbing- [face_laugh] - Expect to be further disturbed as the story goes along... [face_mischief]

More this evening... :)

12. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    I hope you update this one soon, it looks great!

13. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    I loved this one! Please update soon, it is too funny not to finish!

14. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
  15. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Interesting story, GreatOne.

Will read it, though I'm confused. PrincessDaisy2 said it was a Gilligan's Island crossover. What is it? :confused: I don't have a clue about what it is, so I'm afraid I'll miss some hints. :(
    But that shouldn't prevent me from enjoying the story. ;)

~Lelila @};-

16. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    I can't wait to hear the theme song. :p

17. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Let's see ... Luke acts more like Gilligan than Chewie does, so does this make Chewie the Professor? And why is this a five-hour tour instead of a three-hour one? Okay, enough teasing. :p

Loved Luke dickering for the price. He's not so dumb after all. And Mara! It was hilarious when Han didn't recognize her. Demanding that all her luggage be brought aboard reminded me of Spaceballs, and Princess Vega's designer luggage that Barf (was that his name?) had to carry. [face_laugh]

18. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    jedi-lelila - LOL! What??? No Gilligan's Island in France! :eek: [face_laugh]

I will give you the theme song to this OLD sitcom, which pretty much explains the entire series.

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
    a tale of a fateful trip.

That started at this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship

The mate was a mighty sailor man, the skipper brave and sure... five passengers set sail that day, on a three hour tour... a three hour tour

The weather started getting rough... the tiny ship was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost. The Minnow would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle... with Gilligan.. the Skipper too... the Millionaire and his wife... the movie star, the professor and Mary Ann... here on Gilligan's Isle!

:D :D

Now, to futher explain.. The Minnow was the ship. We have NO idea why Ginger (the redheaded movie star) took about thirty or so long glittery gowns on a three hour charter boat trip. We have NO idea why the Skipper and Gilligan never had a change of clothes, but it was their boat! We have NO idea why the Millionaire took a chest full of money. We have NO idea why the batteries in the radio never went out. We have NO idea why they didn't all kill Mary Ann for always making them eat coconut cream pies! And none of the women ever ran out of hairspray or makeup, either! And really strange people always showed up on the island, too! But the stranded tourists never could get off, even though other people came and left at will!!!

Soooo.... that is the premise of this story...... The Millennium Falcon and five passengers and a five hour tour.... a five hour tour..... ;)

19. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Interesting...

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL!!! [face_laugh] Oh my God! This is the best crossover ever! I used to watch the show all the time when they had the re-runs on! You definitely have to keep to tradition and have the fast-motion sequences when they go running out into the lagoon and stuff like that! :D

21. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    OMG, LOL!
    Now this is original.
    I wonder where they get stranded?

22. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    I love it. Why can't I think up such good stuff. Kimmi

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    [face_shame_on_you] I'm innocent. This bunny is ALL yours.

Loved Luke bargaining with Han. He's such a cutie and smart too.

24. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Great second chapter. :) You may be crazy, but as the person who came up with Corellia Land and Star Wars baby showers I can't exactly call myself sane. ;) As a crazy H/L junkie I can't wait for Han and Leia's meeting.

25. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Before the next post... some replies!

jedi-lelila - :D - I have an explanation for you several posts up! Check it out! ;)

owphoenix - I can't wait to hear the theme song- LOL! I did type it out for jedi-lelila - [face_laugh] I know there was an ending part to that song, when the sitcom was over, but I can never remember how that went. :(

Jedi-2B- Luke acts more like Gilligan than Chewie does, so does this make Chewie the Professor?- LOL! I mixed and matched and created my own blend. You will see who Luke eventually 'becomes'. Although no one will be exactly like the TV character. The closest will be Mara to Ginger..... but I don't think Ginger had quite the attitude Mara is going to have... [face_devil] Loved Luke dickering for the price. He's not so dumb after all. - No. He's is NOT dumb. Just a very naive farmboy. ;) As far as Han not recognizing Mara... hehe. Sometimes celebrities are more famous in their own minds....

StarFighter5 - Thanks for joining! :)

HanSolo29 - I used to watch the show all the time when they had the re-runs on!- I can do you one better! I watched them BEFORE they were reruns! :eek: [face_laugh] You definitely have to keep to tradition and have the fast-motion sequences when they go running out into the lagoon and stuff like that!- LOL! I'm not sure how to write that! But I will think about it... I'm only up to typing Chapter 4, and I am still "setting the stage" for the rest of the story.

Starrunner - I wonder where they get stranded?- Why, an uncharted planet, of course! With LOTS of strange visitors, too! :D :D

kimmi- Why can't I think up such good stuff- Good? You think this is GOOD? I'm thinking really warped! :p

RebelMom - I'm innocent. This bunny is ALL yours - LOL! Ok... but it was your comment in your story about songs that get stuck in people's heads that brought it on! Really!! :D - Everybody is going to have flaws in this story... even sweet, cute Lukie! [face_devil]

PrincessDaisy2 - As a crazy H/L junkie I can't wait for Han and Leia's meeting.- That is coming right up!! The next post is a long one (for me, anyway!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.