main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA A Tale of Dust... or, the Indie Comic TJ worked on!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I mentioned to some of you awhile ago that my friend Jeremy is promoting his first independent/self-published comic... and during the entire process, his writer/co-creator sort of flaked on him. So, he looked for a top shelf AAA writer to come help him finish it. Basically, I came in and looked at the script/notes that had been given to Jeremy and wrote a new draft. What you see in print is pretty much what I did... Jeremy tweaked some of my word placement (especially in the bar scene with Hernandez... the original writer Rory gave us a novel for his lines...) The development process was... interesting for me. I basically had to write/place words around Jeremy's art since he and Rory chose not to go with a "traditional" paneled comic. To avoid use of lines pointing from text to speaker or word bubbles that clutter the pages up... I came up with the idea of using different fonts for different text/speakers. The white borders around the text was used to make it legible....

Anyways, Jeremy is selling copies of DUST as well. I don't know if he still has any left, but he should be getting more as he's gearing up to promote his work at Wonder*Con 2008. I think the comics were going for $5 a piece, full colored and we'll get as many of the people who worked on it to autograph it for you if you like. Proceeds go to fund the dream of an aspiring comic artist...

Click here for a link to the digital version of the comic...

-TJ

2. csarrico

csarrico Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2007
    this sounds pretty cool

3. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.