main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A tale of love and hatred

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I was surfing the fiction and found this:

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/22165533/p1

Amazing tale, powerful, poignant, touching, and dark.

2. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Sid,

Did you realize that this little story has 8 chapters to it?

And... OH MY GRACIOUS ME!!! This author can WRITE! Had me in tears for chapters 7 & 8!!!! I will most definitely be keeping an eye open for new chappies!

Master Kenobi, I highly recommend that you check this little gem out!

*toddles of to check out more of the fanfiction area* I didn't know it was there!!!!

3. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Yep, long story and very well written. Still not sure where it will end up, which is good. I like stories that are not predictable, ones that surprise me, and this one does very well.

4. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Cool. I will check this out when back from holiday festivities. :) Thank you for posting the link!

- Kai

P.S. Happy Holidays, all!

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oooh, I love reading good fanfic. Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely check this out!

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Wow. I'm up to Chapter 7 and I'm really blown away. Frankly, good fan-fiction is pretty sparse on the ground, but this piece is incredibly powerful. I'm reading it far too quickly and will have to reread it at leisure to really enjoy the full impact. I love well-thought-out alternative universe concepts, especially when they pack a good emotional whallop. Bonus points, to this one, for bringing true depth to characters who had so much potential that often couldn't be lived up to in the movies, due to not-so-great-scripting. This is awesome.

I know this is a delayed reaction to the fic-recommendation, but I only got a chance to read it just now.

Thank you for posting the link.

- Kai

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Heh, considering I've been in that fanfiction forum since 1999, I can direct you to a lot of other great stories. ;)

8. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Hey! I'm ALWAYS looking for good fanfiction.... usually all I find are the stinkers... and let me tell you, I've found some great groaners since '99 when I first started reading SW fanfic!

So..... I'm always looking for ones who can really grab my interest and make me believe them!

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Here

This website, run by my friend, has some great fiction. When I have time, I'll also pull out some good stuff that's been around on this site. :D

10. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    That's awesome, Miana. Thank you so much! :)

- Kai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.