main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Tale of Old - JA, Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Antigone, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antigone

Antigone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    To celebrate my quarter Irish roots, I've decided to post the (hopefully) beginnings of a new fic. Short, but let's see how much interest there is.

Title: A Tale of Old
    Author: Antigone
    Archive: Psh, ask and ye shall receive
    Timeframe: Obi is around 20
    Rating: PG, could turn PG-13 simply for action scenes
    Summery: In when innocence and good appears to have triumphed evil, darkness lies in wait. (Will revise at later time :D )

In a time before the valiancy of heroes need be exaggerated to captivate the listener, when a man?s honor was such that he would die to protect it, a great warrior lived. A man whose courage and spectacular deeds were known throughout the forming Republic, spread by the words of the passing traveler, eager to speak of tales all could but dream of imagining.

The warrior emerged when the white of yesteryears first began to gray, evil bleeding into - infecting - the pure. Tainting them. Corrupting them. And unto him, a task was laden - to protect and save.

In a time when the infant coalition seemed destined to be shadowed in darkness, one sacrificed himself - to be its light.

Obi-Wan Kenobi sprinted through the corridor, scuffs of leather upon stone left to resonate through empty halls in his wake. A thin braid whipping, its wearer tearing his path through the Temple - small travel bag clutched at his side - as the padawan turned a sharp right, speeding up ever so slightly the nearer he became to his destination.

This hallway, unlike the others Obi-Wan had traveled that morning, had a few beings milling about within. Knights and Masters checking documents and preparing for briefings - none offering the padawan a cross glare or reprimanding word, but rather cursory glances and knowing smirks. For, in the hall leading to the Council chamber, such disregard of standard Temple protocol was far from rare. Any Jedi who denied committing such a sin was either lying - or without use of his legs.

Skidding to a stop, Obi-Wan smoothed his ginger spikes, pulling his braid from behind his shoulder, and gave a final tug to his tunic before touching the small comm on the wall beside the etched doors. A short chirp, and he was cleared for entrance.

The pads of his fingers grazed the familiar carvings as he drew his hand to the metal handle. There were so few of the original doors remaining in the Temple; it was a miracle this one had survived the centuries, as those far less used had crumbled years ago. A millennia of Jedi handling, no matter how guarded, had all but destroyed this remnant of the past.

The wood had been rubbed smooth in places, dictating the areas most frequented by the wandering touch, and leaving the observer to imagine what had been. The markings gradually grew clearer as the wood radiated out from the handles, those bordering the doors seemingly carved mere moments before.

It?s a wonder Master Yoda has not found a metaphor for the Order in this, yet, mused Obi-Wan. Or perhaps I simply have not had the pleasure.

With a push, the doors parted, and the padawan strode into the chamber, taking his place in the center of the floor. He smoothly tucked his hands into the folds of his robe and bowed as murmured greeting passed his lips, ?Masters.?

2. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    interesting beginning
    keep writing!!!!!
    :D

3. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    I really like the way you've started especially the bit about the warrior in the beginning. Is he going to appear further on in the fic?

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Oooh - I like this! Excellant start! :)

5. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    ME like :D Interesting start. Don't stop

6. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

A great beginning. Well balanced with just the right amount of descrition. I'll be looking out for the next post! :)

7. NikSteevi

NikSteevi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Great start to the fic. Nice description of Obi-Wan Kenobi and good length post. I really enjoyed reading this so keep me posted.

See ya.

8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Excellant story. I love the descriptions :)

Kithera

9. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ooh good start Antigone Hope you can continue soon :D

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Fantastic begining Antigone!

Can't wait for more! :)

11. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Great start, Antigone. I can't wait for more. You've toned the suspense to just the right notch for the beginning.

12. Antigone

Feb 24, 2002
    Ah, I forgot how much I adore feedback! Thank you all so much!

kasiaskywalker - Thanks, hun, I plan to. :)

handzik - I'm glad you liked him. The warrior will be a major part of this fic. There will be a small section tracking him through his last undertaking attached to every post or every other post, depending on the length of the Obi part.

Jemmiah - Thanks, hun.

SHADOW13 - I've reduced a person to using 'me' in place of 'I'...my life is complete :D

Calamity Jinn - Thank you. :)

NikSteevi - I'm glad you liked it - I never post extremely long posts, as my mind has the tendency to wander even through the most exciting fics when it takes me a half an hour + to read a chapter (translate: I'm rather lazy), but that was maybe a page, page and a half in Word when my normal will be, baring all unforeseen WB, about 3-4 pages.

Kit' - Thanks, sweeti.

Ginger_Jedi - I have a few RL matters which need to be attended to first (ie course selection, family history research, exams) but as soon as I get a few of the loose ends tied up, more is on the way. And thank you. :)

mouse2 - :) Glad you liked it.

KrystalBlaze - Ah, thanks. Phew. I was slightly worried that it was a bit too mellow to draw people back.

I had some time, so I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to tell me what you thought of it - I know I love reading responses to my responses :D, and I figured you guys might not mind it either. I don't know when I'll get the next part out, but as it's my newest fic, the speed will be a good amount faster than it is with, uh, others. :D

OT: I love this board, right now - no need to up because it only has one page! I suppose I'll enjoy it before it becomes crowded...

13. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Intriguing beginning! Looking forward to more!

Obi

14. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Looks very promising.

Of course, its a fic by YOU, so I know it'll be spectacular. ;)

And I loved the bit at the beginning too. [face_love]

LuvEwan

15. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Nice start! The part at the beginning is intriguing.

Why has Obi-Wan been summoned before the Council? Looking forward to more!

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You're back, and with a new story :)

17. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

MYSTIC_KNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    This is something I want to read more about. :)

18. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, since someone upped this... can I nag you? Just a bit?

ABOUT NO OTHER CHOICE?

Just a bit, there, now.

And don't forget to update this one, either. *glares*

Yeah, you know who I am. My name, once... was... BlazerAkila. I was Blazer.

That's right. I'm here from ff.n to bug the hell out of you to update.

And don't forget it!

19. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    This in interesting. More please :)

20. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    When´s the next one coming up?

21. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
  22. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
  23. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    More please! [poutylip_smiley}

24. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    UP UP please?

25. Antigone

Feb 24, 2002

Obi the Kid: Thanks, sweeti!

LuvEwan: This message is why the boards need a hug icon - you are too sweet for words.

JediClareL Thank you! Hmmm, I don't know why he's there - but I'm sure he'll be told soon enough. Council members are not known for keeping their mouths shut... :D

PadawanKitara: Glad to be back.

MYSTIC_KNIGHT: Hehe, that's what I was going for.

KrystalBlaze: ...well...err...::runs::...hehe, I haven't forgotten about it - I was actually waiting for it to mentioned here - there will be something new there...at somepoint... :)

Lieutenant_Page: Thanks!

MYSTIC_KNIGHT: Soon - thanks for the up!

handzik: And to you, too.

mouse2: Well, you asked so nicely...

MYSTIC_KNIGHT: Persistant thing, aren't you? :D

It is going to be a bit longer until the next chapter is up - I've got a few things to do, so we're talking next week. In hindsight, I should have held off on posting the beginning, but now I guess I'll just have to ask you guys to sit tight. Thanks for your patience!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.