Chic, IL A tale of two BK's...

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by MrShiny, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrShiny Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK, so after lunch I went to the BK in Downers Grove on Butterfield. Asked which toys they had - the manager brings them out to me. Week 3 set - ooops, didn't get all of week 2! I ask for 2 of each, and he gets them together for me - $8.58 for 10. Then he says to wait. He goes to be back and returns with a Vader for me for $1.07!

Now, I figure I'll check the other BK on Ogden. Good, they still have week 2. They even display a copy of the brochure showing them all with those they have circled, so they don't even have to look. Guy there says they can only sell them 2 with a value meal. Grrr. What about the other BK's that sell them alone? They are not supposed to do that.

OK, so I order 5 Whopper Jr. value meals (the cheapest one - of course I first asked him which was cheapest and he thought double cheeseburger - even when looking at the sign that showed Whopper Jr. cheapest!).

Then I have to point out I want 2 toys with each meal. Apparently he thought I forgot about the toys and was just suddenly very hungry.

He rings me up - $26.56 - at $2.66/toy, much less than I'd pay on eBay getting the ones I missed, most likely.

Then I really amaze him by telling him to hold the food!

Silly. If you are doing a promotion like this,sell them cheaper or free with food, but do not say you won't sell merchandise! That's just silly.
  2. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Ironically I just walked in from my first BK Star Wars buy. I got the Cheesburger Meal and ended up with a Maul. I didn't ask what all they had. I'll do that tomorrow. For anyone who wants to play the game w/o purchase:

To get 3 free official Game pieces and a copy of the official rules by mail until supplies are exhausted, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, postage-stamped #10 envelope to:

Burger King "Choose Your Destiny" Game Official Game Piece request
    P.O. Box 1228
    Elmhurst, IL 60126-1228

Written requests must be postmarked by June 13, 2005, and received by June 20, 2005. Limit 3 free offiical Game Pieces per written request; limit one request per outer mailing envelope. Typed, computer-generated, or otherwise mechanically reproduced outer envelopes/requests are NOT allowed.
  3. VWChick1979 Jedi Padawan

I didn't realize exactly when the promo was starting so I didn't stop at any BKs til today.

I first hit the one on Milwaukee near 6 Corners as I was down there to shop one of my favourite stores in the entire universe (Fantasy Headquarters). Went in, asked for a Dr. Pepper and which toys. The girl working there pulled out 4 and I bought one of each: Luke, Han Solo, Padme, and Wicket.

After dinner I went to the one on Harlem by Harlem Irving Plaza. Asked for a Hershey Sundae Pie (yum yum that's one thing there I'll willingly eat!) and what toys. She pulled out five, one being Padme, so I got the other 4: Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Jawa, and Podracer.

When do they get new toys in? Anyone know? Though Thurs I'm going to try and hit the one by work. :)

Mary Jo
  4. MrShiny Jedi Knight

star 1
    When they get the toys depends on when they run out of the previous ones. Here are the ones so far:

Week 1: Jabba the Hutt Water Squirter, Wicket Plush, Millennium Falcon Pull-Back, Luke Skywalker Viewer, and Han Solo Carbonite Wind-Up

Week 2: Darth Maul Viewer, Yoda Wind-Up, Chewbacca Plush, X-wing Pull-Back, and R2-D2 Water Squirter

Week 3: Obi-Wan Kenobi Viewer, Padmé Amidala Wind-Up, Podracer Pull-Back, Jawa Plush, and Emperor Palpatine Water Squirter

Each case they get (and how many cases depends on the store) has 200 toys - 39 of each of the 5 toys for the week, and 5 of the "Discover the Mystery of Darth Vader."

Good hunting!
  5. The Lurker Force Ghost

star 4
    I went to the BK on fullerton & southport on monday and was told that you had to buy food in order to get the toys. so i ordered my lunch and asked for the "jedi meal". I could see the box of toys sitting right there behind the counter and the lady rings me up and grabs a jawa and palpy for me, but i can see vader sitting right there in the box. so i say to her can you take one of these back and give me darth vader? and she says to me all annoyed i don't know any of their names and i say it's right there and point at it. so she grabs one out of my hand and picks another up and i'm like no to your right and she drops it grabs another etc until finally she gives me the vader. I guess I don't mind paying for the food and the toys but lord knows i didn't pay for all that attitude. And how could she NOT know who darth vader is when a life size standee of him is staring at her all day, he's on every one of their bags and even on the roof??

the next day i went to a different BK and it was a world of difference. they were selling them for 99 cents, no food purchase necessary :D they had all of their available ones out in the case right there so you could see them and ask for the ones you want. the guy was really nice and he told me they're going one box at a time and they had some leftovers from prior weeks that they will put all out at the end of the promotion. he said mondays are the days to check. only problem was they had all from this week except obi wan :(

so i went back to the first BK since i saw obi-wans in their box on monday and it was the same lady and she said she didn't know what they had they were all in bags and it was just whatever they give you. and i said well i don't want to buy food unless i get the brown plastic one (obi-wan) (i brought the little pictures in to show her). and asked her a few times if she could go look (nobody in line in front of or behind me mind you and nobody outside in the drive-thru). finally she rolled her eyes and sighed and went to look and pulled out another palpy and i said no the brown one and she's like *big sigh* they're all the same. and i said okay buh-bye. i'm never going back there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.