Clone Wars A tale of two seasons

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by darthcaedus1138, Jun 21, 2011.

1. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    I feel that this would have been a better Season 3:

1. Clone Cadets
    2. ARC Troopers
    3. Extended Kamino battle (ARC Troopers was a bit short I felt)
    4. Supply Lines
    5. Sphere of Influence
    6. Assassin
    7. Heroes on Both Sides
    8. Pursuit of Peace
    9. The Citadel
    10. Counterattack
    11. Citadel Rescue
    12. Hunt for Ziro
    13. Battle of Sullust
    14. Nightsisters
    15. Monster
    16. Training of Savage and Devaron Battle
    17. Witches of the Mist
    18. Overlords
    19. Altar of Mortis
    20. Ghosts of Mortis
    21. Padawan Lost
    22. Wookiee Hunt
  2. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I think the biggest problem with season 3 is all those poorly done political episodes came in a straight row after ARC Troopers. Your order is good but it would be better if the political episodes were more scattered between the arcs.
  3. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    Agreed. Valid point. [face_peace] I really felt that Nightsisters arc could have been @ least 5 episodes.
  4. Justinian Jedi Knight

star 1
    I really hope this is true because I'm going through it for the first time right now and a Brando Hutt talking to a Capote Hutt makes it really hard to be a Star Wars fan.
  5. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    I agree- but not all of them were 'poorly done'- Supply Lines was good one really- Jar Jar added some less great element though:p
    Sphere has it's problems but it was not poorly done either IMO - for me bad episodes started with corruption and ended with Evil Plans- Evil Plans was bit better with less politics though so i generally like it- but after all that politics even a subplot involving senator was bad.....

but there was too much politics in a row poorly done or not......
  6. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I like 'Supply Lines' actually and I tend to draw the crap line after it. 'Supply Lines' was the first of the political episodes and has some great action peppered in. Its after 'Supply Lines' that the trouble really starts. Then comes five boring episodes in a row. I tend to think a big problem with the political episodes is dialogue is not a strong point for TCW and there for mostly dialogue driven episodes usually turn out badly.

I don't like 'Sphere of Influence', the episode is boring to me and I felt it ruined Chuchi's character who I really liked in Season 1. Two more after 'Hunt for Ziro' although I do kind of like 'Hero on Both Sides'.
  7. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    ^I liked Sphere- Chuchi was fleshed out as character -i couldn't stand another Padmé anyway -Greedo should've been someone else but i liked the episode- problem for me started in Corruption since after two politics-centred episodes there should've been action balancing the season- many did find supply lines too politic-centered already.... so adding more politics after 2 politcseps was definitely bad decision- not even to mention they added most boring and stupid duology there.....
  8. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I could quite happily go the rest of the series without Padme appearing in a single episode unless she becomes mute the entire episode or someone tells her to shutup. For me she was only tolerable in the movie. I was glad not to have her in the 'Sphere of Influence'. The problem with Chuchi in that episode I felt was she was too overly developed and different from the last time I saw her in 'Tresspass' and her personality was awfully similar to Ahsoka's.
  9. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    perhaps she was Ahsokafied but she didn't have much time to be anything in Trespass and Padmé was there in the episode- something like that is enough Padmé in episode.

But i agree -she could be gone completely and i wouldn't even miss her:p but we must also remember that she also has fans and they cannot leave her out, but they should keep her from ruining episodes of more interesting characters- why they added her to Dac-arc? I still cannot believe she is in that:oops: i don't know should i laugh or cry...
  10. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
  11. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Maybe Ahsoka has negative influence on Chuchi:p but i didn't see any problem with them... well except the fact that they know each other that was bit problematic but explainable.... Why they even had Rex there?- that was unnecessary really
  12. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
  13. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Rex: General- could I... have a free night- i would go out with Cody, drink few beers, see ladies and have some fun?

Anakin: No you have extra training this night- I was... displeased with your performance in the latest battle. You have no time for fun like Obi-Wan's troops!

Rex (by himself): Oh crap- that guy is gonna be a real tyrant some day... (add imperial march here)

:p
  14. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    [face_laugh]
  15. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    The last 11 episodes of season 3 really showed were the animation and story improved and the direction that the series needs to take for season 4 and 5 and maybe 6. Most of the stuff before, was not bad at all, but the jumping around was horrible. Cohesivness is now the way to go.
  16. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I still haven't figured out why the two halves of the season were the way they were. I mean Eleven episodes of political and pacifist junk and then the last eleven episodes were action packed shoot'em up episodes. Completely Night and day. Guess Filoni never ceases to amaze.
  17. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I think they just tried something different and failed. You know what would be scary? I wonder if when the beginning of season 3 tanked its possible they moved some season 4 episodes they finished into season 3 and moved more political eps to season 4 or a future season.
  18. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Actually that's not a bad idea.
  19. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    There's no season four produced episodes in the third season, only two and three.
  20. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    They should've just eliminated those episodes really. "Evil Plans" and the Mandalore Duology really tanked the first half down.