main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Tale Told Is A Lesson Learned (The life story of Culan Moonrester)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Voltres, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Voltres

Darth_Voltres Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2004

Star Wars

Destiny's Path

A Tale Told is a Lesson Learned

Prologue: From Humble Beginnings

Chapter 1: Part One

In a time of peace, in a time of no war, no politics, no galactic conflict, sit all of the solar systems of the galaxy and the planets that belong to them. But in this peaceful time, there is one planet most odd of them all. Located in the Outer Rim near the barren desert planet of Tatooine, Ryloth is the principal planet in the Ryloth system and home to the Twi'leks, a humanoid species with two large, fleshy head-tails growing form their skulls. The Twi'leks call these prehensile appendages lekku and can communicate through subtle gestures, although they also speak Twi'leki.

Mountainous Ryloth rotates so slowly that it's rotation is equal to the length of it's orbit around it's sun. One side of the planet always faces it's sun and the only habitable areas are in the band of twilight separating the two sides. Heat storms in Ryloth's thin atmoshere help to distribute warmth throughout the twilight zone, where the Twi'leks live in a network of mountain catacombs. Due to a recent blazing heat storm, one fourth of the planet's entire population has been wiped out. Devastated by this natural disaster, the rich and the poor have been forced to live in the wilderness away from the pollutant debris of the destroyed cities. However, one city remains: the city of Lekkukantanii. In this large, well-populated city, there are three classes of income: the rich, who live in the great high-rise buildings of the city; the middle-class, who live in decent houses on ground level; and the poor, who are forced to live in the back alleys, feeding off the scraps of the upper and middle classes. On a miserable stormy night, one such Twi'lek family of poor, starving people now approaches the adoption center, one of the happiest and most miserable places in town. Realizing they can no longer feed or support the baby, the family puts the baby up for adoption, desperately hoping that a rich or middle-class family will take him to be their own. As they're handing the baby over to the adoption center, a tall, well-built man with skin the color of wood, wearing tan robes and a brown tunic approaches the family. He reaches out his arms and speaks to them. Realizing what's best for the baby, the family selflessly gives the baby to the mysterious man. The hooded man bows and walks away, taking the Twi'lek infant off to, hopefully, a brighter future.

23 Years later....

Part One: A Fatal Decision

Chapter Two: Part One

As peace runs rampant throughout the galaxy, the Jedi Knights, guardians of this precious peace, remain in their quarters in the Grand Jedi Sanctuary on the murky world of Felucia. However, thousands of these peacekeepers are spread throughout the systems, keeping the peace, as their title suggests. The Jedi Triad, a council of three of the wisest and most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, sits and discusses the matters of the universe. The three members of this council, the large and wise Alath Magre, the vertically-challenged, evermost wise, and amazingly powerful Harth, and the furry, mysterious Demas Leshon. Alath Magre is a large male humanoid with brown, wood-colored skin, a short beard, and very little hair. Harth is a male dwarf with a bald head and a ghostly-white beard down to his knees. He is no doubt the wisest and most powerful Jedi in the entire Order. Demas Leshon, a Wookie raised by a human family in the Outer Rim, is no doubt the most mysterious and puzzling creature any of the Jedi have ever met. Harth found Leshon's keen sense of logic and his ability to read through objects useful enough to be on the Triad.

Recently, the Jedi Order has captured and put to trial a twisted Dark Jedi called Chima. However, Chima's brother Chora, a power-hungry Sith lord, is still out there somewhere. Chima is a Duros of about an average height. He has slimy gray skin and bright orange eyes. He is no doubt a worthy swordsma

2. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    Great start, I can't wait to read more. It seems that trials of dark jedi never turn out the way they're expected to, do they? I'd be willing to bet that our peaceful little galaxy isn't going to stay that way for long. Post again soon!

:)

3. Darth_Voltres

Apr 24, 2004
    Thanks, Lord Zeron. So far with my stories, you've been my biggest fan. Thanks a bunch.

-Voltres

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "That's the third time, Master Harth." Demas complained.

I problably shouldn't have, but couldn't help but chuckle at that. Seems they should have been just a bit more prepared. I'm intriuged as to what Chima will do now that he's aescaped once again.

Nice start. :0

5. Darth_Voltres

Apr 24, 2004
    Thank you, Healer_Leona. I will post again soon.

6. Darth_Voltres

Apr 24, 2004

Chapter Two: Part Two

To Alath's surprise, his apprentice was standing right outside the conference room. His apprentice stood tall and straight in front of a window, his hands locked behind his back. Alath loved his apprentice and cared for him like a son. Twenty three years earlier, Alath found this, at the time, Twi'lek infant being put up for adoption by his poverty-strucken family. The twenty-three year old Twi'lek had now formed into a great Jedi Padawan. Alath had always known that this young Twi'lek would one day become a great Jedi Knight. Alath knew his Padawan's ways and suspected he had listened in on the entire conversation.

"Finished so soon?" The apprentice questioned as he remained completely still.

"Of course, Culan." Alath replied. "We're being sent----"

"I know," Culan interrupted. "To Coruscant's undercity to find Chora, a twisted Sith lord."

"Yes....." Alath replied. "You listened in......didn't you?"

"You know," Culan said as he turned around, a smirk on his face. "They really should make those walls soundproof."

"You're such a kidder, Culan." Alath chuckled. "But now is not the time. This assignment is serious and we must be wary."

"It shouldn't be too hard to defeat the last Sith alive..." Culan laughed.

"Chora is not the last Sith left," Alath replied. "Even though most of them were wiped out at The Battle of Telos almost ten years ago, hundreds of them still remain."

"I've got a bad feeling about this, Master." Culan replied in a concerned tone.

"Really?" Alath inquired. "How so?"

"I don't know...." Culan replied. "Something tells me we shouldn't go after Chora. I sense great danger, for both of us."

"Culan, a Jedi's life is about taking risks." Alath explained. "A Jedi is willing to die for his cause anywhere, at any time."

"Yes, but I still think we would be of more use on Fondor." Culan replied.

"A couple of Jedi pilots will not be enough to turn the tide on Fondor." Alath stated. "Besides, the Triad will attend to those worthless Ithorians."

"I guess you're right..." Culan sighed.

"Besides, we're the best duo in the Order, well, next to Kirrnaa and Mortwn." Alath smiled.

Culan laughed. "We could outdo Kirrmaa and Mortwn anyday Master, and you know that."

"Indeed we could." Alath chuckled.

"I'm going to my quarters, Master." Culan said. "I will meditate for insight in finding Chora."

"Very well." Alath replied. "We must get some rest if we are to leave tommorow."

"Sleep well, Master." Culan said. He then walked down the hall and headed to his quarters.

"You too, my friend." Alath replied once Culan had left. Alath then headed to his quarters also. Both of them went to sleep in their quarters, neither of them sure of what the future held for them.

7. Lord_Zeron

Mar 19, 2005

No problem, I always like reading your stories and this last chapter was no exception. Glad to meet a younger Culan, he seems to be a lot different then his older self, yet I think I can still see a piece of this Culan in Yan and Akrab's master. I like the time setting, perfect since there are still some Sith in the galaxy left to fight. Can't wait to see what Culan and Alath's meditations reveal.

-Zeron

8. Darth_Voltres

Apr 24, 2004
    Yeah, Culan's younger self is a whole lot different. He's alot less mature and he's reckless at times. Well, I'll post again soon.

9. Lord_Zeron

Mar 19, 2005
    Hello again, Darth Voltres. Long time, no see. Any intention of continuing this story? If so, just send me a PM when you update and I'll try to read as soon as I get the chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.