main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

{***A Tangle of Tears***} Obi/character tortue, JA time period, EU, slight humor, sad stuff, too.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Niobiie-of-Belfalas, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Niobiie-of-Belfalas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2002
    Bobill: Be happy with the situation you've got. (no I don't have six brothers (whew, even I'm not that blessed/cursed) I only (ha) got three, the rest of 'em are sissys) I'm sure you don't have the fantastic amounts of landuary, cleaning, dirty dishes, and others various items that cannot be separated from having numberous siblings. ;) But I'd better shut up before I get Siri and Sarah on my back, they are part of a family with nine kids, and they'd probably say my work load is nothing... :D :D (last night, while watching Spiderman, we didn't even get to the title "Spiderman" before we'd already had an interruption from someone very small and cute)

Siri: Oh dear, now you can use that elvish phrase everytime I am lax to post... [face_terrified] And, oh yeah, I forgot to meantion, our e-mail isn't up right now...don't kill me for forgetting to meantion it. Please. Just send it to me on mine, and okiday, COB is on its lengthy way!!

-----

Obi-Wan threw his hands over his head. A ghastly creature, he thought it was a gadferee, attacked again and again at his window. The gray rock groaned and cracked with the force. A horrible screaming, like a woman in agony, filled his ears. Thunder shook the room, and sparks from parts of broken ice burned his hands. The ice stuck strangely to the hot floor, and melted quickly.
    Ever since the storm had started, the gray stone had become steadily hotter, and the ice stuck to it. Otherwise, it might have killed Obi-Wan.
    He clutched at the thin pallet, and cried out as the room rocked from the force of the blows.

The creature screamed at him, and started to try and pull the grate off. It came half off, and if stuck one of its wings into the room. The wing was black leather, and had three, horribly razor like craws on the end of it. They raked on the floor. The second the gadferee touched the floor, it shrieked in a different voice, more like a high pitched bellow of pain, and jerked back. Its wing caught on the grate, and it jerked it wildly away, splattering blood all over Obi-Wan. The blood was ice cold, and smelled horrible. The creature flew uncertainly off.

Obi-Wan stood, and shivered as he watched it disappear into the black orange haze.
    There had been a slight slowing of the storm, which now burst out a cold renewal. Obi-Wan drew his legs up to his chin, and stared dully out the window. There was no possibility of sleep now, he watched the storm. It raged and shrieked, but it was dyeing. Slowly but surely, it quieted down and began to blow itself out. It pounded, but softly now. Obi-Wan finally closed his eyes.

When he opened them, Faa was standing in front of him.

"Errda wants you," he said, his face impassive.

"What does he want me for??" asked Obi-Wan. "What does he have left to ask??"

"Get up," Faa turned and walked toward the door. His friendly, or at least easily amused, humor had disappeared. His gray eyes glanced at Obi-Wan's damaged window, but he said nothing.

-----

*not to make you worry about everyone's favorite jedi kid, but, hee hee...*

-Nio

ps
    did you notice I fixed the dinky little number deal??

2. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe, you're probably right about the workload. It's so lonely, though! No one else in my house likes star wars, for instance, and I always get a wierd look whenever I talk about it. If I had kids my own age I could talk about it, or at least beat them up when they give me a wierd look.

Anyway, about the post...

Ack! No, bad Nio! Can't hurt poor Obi-Wan! Why does everyone want to always torture Obi-Wan? In the last week it seems every story that I've read that even hinted Obi-Wan had him get some sort of lethal wound or something! The poor guy!

3. Starkindler

Starkindler Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2002
    As my logic teacher would say, "'Ees goot." I do feel sorry for Kelper.

4. _Lady_Wimsey

_Lady_Wimsey Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2002
    Using a phrase Wild Huntress used once, "One shameless self Up! Today" ;)

Poor poor Bobill, I know the icky 'weird look' gendre. ;) If you need someone equaly silly to talk SW with, I am always around. ;) (she said with an iritating motherly look)

-Nio, who is Wimsey for this evening.

Happy New Years Eve!!

5. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    GAH!! Nio!! I can't STAND it when you do that!!! Good post though! Poor Obi-Wan, this kid is just having a rough time of it!!

Yeah, see now I have this really handy phrase *giggles miniacally...or whatever the dern spelling is I have NO clue ;) *

Okay, I'll send the chapter along! :)

Can't wait to get that story!! Cassia's not gonna start writing again until Feb. at least and I am in need of some really good writing which, girl, I will have you know yours is :D

now if only you would POST IT!! *grin*

MOOOOOOOOOOOOORE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!! :D

6. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    *waves hand in the air* I noticed! :D

Oh man. Everyone on death's doorstep at once. Doesn't it get crowded?? Not that I'm worried or anything. I mean, Qui-Gon's unconscious, in the company of a suspicious overseer, with his lightsaber frozen shut, and a big meat-eating thing trying to bite his long-haired-neatly-pony-tailed head off. Kelper is having nightmares about her dead master, and is so incredibly injured that even her heartless captors are catching on to the fact that 'oh yeah, she just might die if we don't stop!'. And Obi-Wan, having just had his bedroom window torn out and his tunic stained with Big Ugly's blood, is now on his way back to the marvelous Errda for a little more verbal sparring (and who knows whether or not he will be impaled??).

Oh yeah, and all this with a huge, electrical ice storm going on outside (which was, by the way, a very clever invention of yours!).

On second thought, I'm worried.

And I forgot to say so before, but good luck on your drivers ed! :)

I may or may not pop in tomorrow (depending on how distracted I get with packin, etc.), and if I don't, then you won't see me until Saturday or Sunday. Who knows what might have happened to the Jedi in the meantime?? :eek:

Sarah >^,,^<

7. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Bobill: Hi again.

Starkindler: Thanks.

Siri: Uh, I shall send it as soon as I can, the internet is going haywire in our house, half the time I can't get on at all, the other half, it quits in the middle of stuff, and to top it off the phone jack I use on the labtop doesn't even seem to be ours!!! Frequently we hear someone else talking on the phone when we 'try' to connect. It's really weird.
    Glad you like the...um, predicament my characters are in.

Sarah: Worried, girl, you don't know what's cummon when Obi and other easy to torture people are incorrparated in stuff written by me. ;)

Happy New Years Peoples, here my first post in 2003!! (and today's my b-day)

-----
    Qui-Gon opened his eyes. His vision was blurry, and his face burned. He blinked, trying to clear his sight.

"Don't blink," said a voice. "You've damaged your eyes, and your entire face. Don't move if you can help it."

"What happened," Qui-Gon muttered weakly.

"A gadferee got you," whoever was speaking chuckled grimly. "It was a grand ol'fight, as Deyta would say."

"What happened," Qui-Gon repeated.

"I'm Lous, by the way. I doubt you can see me very clearly. A gadferee basically landed on you, and tore your mask off. You didn't get out your lightsaber, and I had to grab my Junckti bran pretty fast. I stabbed it off you, kicked you onto you stomach, and beat it off. I kicked you over so you wouldn't get a nice big chunk of ice in the face, sorry, you have a large bruise."

"Where are we??"

"Overseer house, I dragged you here. I'm afraid your face got pretty cold, despite my best efforts."

"It burns like anything now." Qui-Gon licked his dry lips.

"Ja, it should. You've got a pretty strong cream on you right now, it'll burn off some of your skin. Acid strips, they form along with the crystals from sea water. It'll bring life back to cold skin, if nothing else will. You might have some nasty scaring though."

Qui-Gon sighed, "I guess we never found out if Obi-Wan was okay?"

Lous was silent for a moment, "Well, the storm's almost completely stopped now. We got the miners out, and I looked for Obi-Wan."

"Well?"

"I didn't find him," Lous's voice sounded suspiciously like pity.

"Then where is he??"

Lous sighed. "It's not good for you to speak too much. He was probably out when the storm hit. Several others were. I think he's dead."

Qui-Gon trembled slightly, and was silent for a moment. Then he spoke in a thick voice, "I would know if he was dead. I've felt nothing like that, nothing even remotely close. Obi-Wan is not dead."

"I think you're going to have to except the fact that he might be."

Qui-Gon closed his swollen eyes again, and didn't answer.

-----

Obi-Wan sat sullenly down on his pallet, and stared at the wall. Errda was crazy, he had to be. He'd asked all the same questions, the same attitude, same position, same everything. Obi-Wan hadn't know what to do, so he'd finally started giving all the same answers as before, as well as he could remember. Errda was definitely crazy.
    Obi-Wan closed his eyes, and gave a faint attempt at meditation. He tried to feel Qui-Gon's presence, and thought he could, faintly, feel him. He seemed closer than before. Good. He was ready to be rescued.

He gave up on meditating, and walked to his damaged window. The grating was half torn off, and the stone badly crumbled around it. Unable to resist, he climbed on the sill, and slipped as far out of the space as he could. The outside of the tower was made of a different type of stone, a black stuff. It was unusually rough.

Obi-Wan grinned, perfect handholds. If it was this easy, wouldn't Faa have done something about it?? But then, he didn't know he was a Jedi. He stood on the sill, and scrabbled about a little. It was harder to climb than it looked.

A familiar scream made him look up, the black shapes were far away, flying over the frozen sea. The air was stiff with cold, and there was no breeze, the sky was a sad gray, but not threatening. Perfect weather for

8. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR NIO!!!!

I don't know when to call you today if you're going to see LOTR but I guess I'll just figure it out! :D I hope you have fun!! Say hello to Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, Sam, Eowyn, Theoden, Elrond, Arwen, Haldir (the dead), Gollum, Eomer, Gandalf, Morwen, Eothain, Freda, Merry, Pippin, Treebeard, Faramir, Hama, Grima (oh, skip Grima), Theodred (also the dead), Brego, Saruman (oh skip him too), Sauron (definitately skip him), Grishnack (ick), Uglug (Yuck!), Hama's son (Hey he doesn't talk very cleary! So I have no clue what it was!), Treebeard's friends, Galadriel and Aragorn for me! :D

GREAT POST!! And a long one too! ;) This is getting a lil' confusing though...hmmm...wonder what's going on. :)

MORE SOON!!

9. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey, all, I'm back!

Hehe, thank you Lady Wimsey for sympathizing with me. I feel so much better now that I know I'm not the only one with that problem.

So I see our little Jedi is finally making some progress, and things are finally starting to look up! The mystery is starting to solve itself!

Poor, poor Kelper. I can't believe what they're doing with her!!!!!! Yani, can't you help her???? But at least she's not expendable... for now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIO!!!!!

You're going to see the Two Towers? I saw it with a bunch of my friends, it's great! We went to the theatre kind of late, though. We almost had to sit on the second row, but my friend convinced us to sit on the stairs. It was great!

10. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002

Siri: Well, I tried to say hullo to everyone, but my voice gave out half way through...;)
    So, did Cerasi and I freak you out enough on the phone?? Trust me, only a heavy dosage of LOTR, and thick chocolate cake can make us that weird, and trust me, we are not as boy crazy as we sounded. :D

Bobill: Oh, you're DEFINATELY not the only one who gets weird looks about SW, I admited to a guy once that I liked AOTC, and was about laughed into the middle of next week. ;)
    When I saw the Fellowship of the Ring the first time, we had to sit three rows back, my friend got motion sickness, so we crouched in the back behind other peoples seats and freaked them out. ;)

-----
    Obi-Wan frantically flipped though the papers. They seemed to report on dreadful tortures, and other things. But it seemed, according to them, Kelper was actually somewhere here. In this very building. He peered gingerly out of the little hollow he'd wedged himself in. It looked like a gadferee had knocked a chunk out of the rock. There were still those four windows he hadn't looked into. He stuffed the papers into his tunic, and climbed back to the furnished room. There were footsteps outside, but no one came in. He waited till they died away, before climbing out again.
    The next window was also furnished. It was very similar to the other, though it had no papers scattered around. It looked more like the occupant liked to smash thing in his room whenever the mood took him. There was broken glass strewn on the floor, splinters of wood, and even more burnt matches and cigarette stubs. The whole place smelled burnt and dirty.

The next window had bars on it, and Obi-Wan peeked into it hopefully. A figure was curled up on a familiar pallet. It didn't move.

"Hey," hissed Obi-Wan. The figure didn't move. Obi-Wan risked flicking the metal bar with his fingernail. The figure uncurled, and tottered, a little uncertainly to the window. A sallow, hollow eyed girl stared at him. She had dull, tired yellow eyes, and an expressionless face. With a shock, Obi-Wan realized it was Yannle.

"Yannle," he whispered. "It's Obi-Wan. Are you okay??"

Yannle stared at him, her eyes registered no understanding. She did not remember him.

"Yannle," Obi-Wan finally said. "I'm going to try and get you out of here, and I'm going to find Kelper. Don't give up."

At Kelper's name, her eyes sparkled dimly, and then sank back into apathy. "Door ja," she muttered, grimly smiling, as if it was a joke. "Deen ye sicoor."

Obi-Wan grimaced, "Uh, yeah. Whatever."

He watched Yannle walk, a stumbling, aimless walk, back to her pallet. Her head swayed gently, and she hummed a tuneless chant. Whatever had happened to her, she wasn't quite in her right mind. But he had to find Kelper.

He inched his way to the last cell, and held his breath. He looked in.

It was empty.

Obi-Wan clenched his teeth and muttered a curse. There was a pallet, nothing more.
    He felt with the force. The pallet was still warm. Why had they just moved her?? Had the stolen papers already been discovered??

He crept back to the room. He heard a noise before he reached it, and was prepared to stay out of sight. He peeked in, and saw Faa. Faa was sitting at the desk, scratching away on some papers with an oddly shaped pen.

Obi-Wan moved faster than thought. He leapt in the room, threw one arm in a stifling position over Faa's mouth, and the other roughly choked him.

"Where's Kelper," he hissed into Faa's ear.

Faa made a muffled sound, and was still.

"I'm going to let go of your mouth," whispered Obi-Wan ruthlessly. "And if you shout, I'll throw both you and me out of that window." He dragged Faa by the hair over to the window, and, letting go of his mouth, put both hands around his neck and held him half out of the window.

"Where have you moved Kelper to??" he said again.

Faa, looking perfectly calm, said, "I won't answer you, until you let go of my neck and let me, at least, sit up."

"And if I don't?? What if I kill you instead??" Obi-Wan snarled.

"I highl

11. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    So Obi-wan's hot on the trail! Ohh, Faa, you shouldn't have messed with a Jedi! But poor Obi-wan, in trouble AGAIN????? And where's Kelper?????/ Qui-Gon, get over there right now and help your apprentice!!!!!

Wait, he's in trouble, too.

12. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Bobill: Ah yes, trouble. *heehee*

-----

They stood in silence for a moment, Obi-Wan trying not to pass out. "Well," he finally gasped. "What are you going to do with me??"

In answer, Faa let go of him, and picked up his cigarette. "Nothing."

"Wha....what???" Obi-Wan collapsed to the floor while still trying to keep a dignified position.

"I just did that, so you'd be at my mercy for a moment. I couldn't think of much else to do that would make you trust me!"

Obi-Wan gingerly touched his throbbing jaw, his legs were still paralyzed.

"Don't worry," Faa smiled. "I just smacked a sensitive nerve. You'll have feeling in a few minutes."

"Nice job," muttered Obi-Wan. "What if I still don't trust you??"

Faa shrugged, "I could do it again...?"

"No thanks."

Faa threw his cigarette away, walked to the door, and listened. "I'm going to go and see if I can find out where Kelper is. Stay here."

He left, and Obi-Wan tried to stand up again, and failed. He dragged himself painfully to the window, and managed to, somehow, look out. "Whether Faa meant to or not," he told the faraway ground. "He's got me stuck here pretty efficiently."

He lowered himself down again, and leaned against the wall. He had a headache, his legs were paralyzed, his jaw felt cracked, his shoulder was numb, and, to top it all, a possible enemy was coming back in a few minutes with perhaps plenty of back up.
    So far, it hadn't been a good day.

-----

"When can I get up??" asked Qui-Gon impatiently.

Lous blew a lazy smoke ring from the carved pipe in his hand, "For the fifth time, not till tomorrow, at the shortest."

"Why not sooner??"

"You want to be worse off than you already are?? Be my guest."

"I feel fine."

Lous arched his eyebrow, "Uh huh. You're also the worse liar I've ever met."

Qui-Gon clenched his firsts, and concentrated on not losing his temper. "Look, I can't stay here till tomorrow. Isn't there any way I can get up sooner??"

"Where's all that famed 'Jedi Calm' I hear about?? You haven't got much." Lous sounded irritatingly amused. "What am I saying?? You haven't got any."

Qui-Gon didn't answer. Why didn't he have the 'Jedi Calm'?? Because his apprentice was somewhere, perhaps dying, he needed to get a princess back to her family, he needed to rescue another Jedi, and he also had a headache like blazes.

"Look," said Lous. "If you keep on making yourself mad, it'll take even longer than tomorrow. Is that what you want??"

"I am not mad," Qui-Gon gritted out.

Qui-Gon could almost hear Lous grin. "Liar," he said. "What all you got to do anyway?? I already told you the boy is dead."

Qui-Gon sighed, "And I already told you he's not."

"How do you know??"

"I'm a Jedi. I can feel him."

Lous didn't seem to believe him. "Can you talk to him, too??"

"Uh, usually if I really want to."

"Ask him something, and tell me what he says."

Lous was teasing him, baiting him, but he really should try to talk to Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon's breathing slowed, and he slipped away in concentration.

~~Obi-Wan?? Can you hear me??~~

very vaguely, he caught an answer

~~I think so.~~

~~Are you all right??~~

~~Funny you should ask. No.~~

~~What's wrong??~~

~~It'd take a long while to explain. Uh, I gotta go. Now.~~

~~Take care.~~

The connection ended abruptly, cut off at the other end. Qui-Gon had felt worry and then panic in that conversation.

Qui-Gon opened his swollen eyes, and found Lous bending over him. "What happened??" Lous almost shouted. "You've laid there like a dead thing for fifteen minutes, and your vital supports almost disappeared!!!"

"Fifteen minutes??" Qui-Gon frowned in confusion. "I only talked to him about a minute."

Lous sat down again, and snorted sarcastically. "Don't do that."

Qui-Gon started to grin, but discovered it hurt too much. He settled for a faint smirk and was still again.

"Were you...really talking to him??" Lous asked at last.

"Ja."

"How??"

"Well," Qui-Gon hesitated. "I know most Jedi

13. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Faa, a good guy or a bad guy? This is so weird. Hmmm, but he has the potential to be a good guy... and that WAS a wierd dream, Qui-gon seeing Obi-wan's thoughts! How did that happen? And Kelper, how did he see hers, too? Wierd...

So the new line of jokes is lord of the rings? Qui-gon's going to mount doom? Good luck, Quigy.

14. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Hi! Sorry I'm so late but that Birthday party took us into the afternoon of the next day and then we had to go to the airport to pick up Sarah and Mommy so I only just got on :D

Oh that's okay Nio, I don't think you're both all that boy-crazy, however if you want to like Eye-Color-Changing-Legolas, Broken-Toes-Aragorn and Helmet-Head-Eomer it's up to you ;) Just forget Grima, he's not your type ;)

GREAT POSTS!!! Oooh this is getting interesting!!!

"Nice job," muttered Obi-Wan. "What if I still don't trust you??"

Faa shrugged, "I could do it again...?"

"No thanks."

*giggle* That was SO funny!!

Oh and don't think I didn't notice that pipe! Strider all the way m'dear, and there's no way to deny it :D

And now that poor Qui's off to Mount Doom there's even more reason to think that :p

Well, can't wait for MORE MORE MORE!!

Hope Kelper's Okay :(

MORE SOON!!!

15. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    I'm back! Chicago was freezing, but I've decided after reading of Qui-Gon's, er, bad day in the great outdoors that it wasn't so dreadful after all. All I had to deal with was my nose turning red.

LOL on Obi-Wan's message to Qui-Gon and ohdearIcan'trememberhisname's reaction to Jedi communication. I'd say he's convinced -- or ought to be! ;)

I'm really REALLY curious to see how Obi-Wan's little problem turns out. Faa is one of those odd characters where I still can't quite decide whose side he's on... For now at least, I kind of like him in spite of whacking poor Obi. Maybe it was the line about the lamp...

But did I say worried? That doesn't cut it for Kelper and Yani. *shivers*

You take you're humor very seriously. I look forward to the new joke schedule! :p

Sarah >^,,^<

16. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Bobill: Thanks!! Faa, ah yes, I don't think at this point of writing the story I was sure whether he was going to be a good/bad guy. ;)
    Good luck Qui?? You kidding, right... :D

Siri: I can't say broken-toes-Arry is my type either, if he had a Christopher Lee type voice, and much heavier sprinkled gray hair, he'd be perfect. (if you ask me what color Leggy's eyes are, I say, blue, no-AHHHHHHHHH!!)
    Yeah, I'll leave Grima for some nice orc maid.

Sarah: Ooo, chicago in winter....yes, I've experienced that. Several time actually. We're probably going to go there some time time month to visit relatives. Brrrr...but Qui's experience doesn't count, I could do worse, much worse.
    Humor?? Madear, I take humor seriously to a degree my family doesn't think it's funny anymore. ;) They get to listen to me hum "Emanual Cant" and sing "Camelot" and other high culture songs written by those great muses of a different world.

-----

Qui-Gon opened his eyes. It was almost dark, and Lous was gone. He felt much better, and carefully sat up. His head ached a little, and his eyes were clear and his face no longer burned. He stood, and walked to the door. All was silent.

He gingerly pushed it open, and found he was in a small room. Several cots, bunks, and hammocks covered the walls. Their occupants were asleep.

Qui-Gon slipped thought the room like a liquid shadow. The warmth and the stillness seemed to press on his brain and make it hard to think. Had the dream been true?? Or was is a strange imagining?? It was no use, which ever it was, he had to find the tower of the sea.

He went into the next room. It was loud and bright. Men, drinking, gambling, laughing, and singing filled the room. No one paid attention to the lone man who slipped in out of one of the bunk rooms. The bright fire and the loud noise seemed a blur to Qui-Gon. It was ever harder to think in this room. He gently touched a weather beaten, with his face tattooed green, man's shoulder and quietly asked him where the tower of the sea was.

"Toowar oof da sea??" he stroked his checked-cut beard, and flicked the nose of the ferret-like creature sitting on his shoulder, that had bit him. "Ahh, da'ud be....aboot.....uh.......past da ridge, aboot five miles past da ridge."

"Is the path safe??"

The man snorted, and burst into loud laughter, "Nah, coorse noot. Not wid da gafuree."

Qui-Gon smiled weakly, and muttered something unintelligible.

He walked aimlessly away, and waited until the man lost interest. Then he walked, very slowly, over to the door. He opened it and went out.

The suddenly icy cold air seemed to clear his brain and make it easier to think. He pulled one of the storm suits off the wall, and hesitated. There was no storm at present, if he brought one, he would be prepared encase of a sudden storm, but it would slow him down considerably. He stopped, and went back into the room. He'd suddenly thought of something he should do.

It didn't take long, and he put the suit back on the wall, and instead took up a heavy, rather ugly coat. He wrapped a scratchy scarf around his face, and pulled on some thick mittens. He opened the door that lead out, into the cold world. He stepped out, and grinned as the frigid wind hit him. "These crazy Jedi," he muttered, quoting a friend of his. "Always doing something that's really stupid, and always works. I just hope it works this time."

The air was still, hushed. Nine stars twinkled relentless down. The frozen sea was perfectly silent. Everything was lifeless, and death cold. Qui-Gon walked quickly to the ridge, and got upon it. The still sea, frozen into a stiff bright blue, was mostly still, though every now and then, a section would explode with a noise like thunder.
    Occasional shrieks of gadferee were rare, and even then they were sleepy and soft.
    Qui-Gon walked along the ridge for about an hour, and then the ridge abruptly ended. The high, smooth edges gave out, and rough jumbled rocks replaced them. Qui-Gon could see something in the distance, it was a

17. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    No see what you should have done was had him walking along and suddenly hear someone through the ground saying:

"The darkness will not avail you! Flame of Ulund!" ;)

Well, we have a conversation over at Councilofelrond.com about whether or not Legolas' eyes changing color was because of make-up's over-site or lighting! Cos sometimes his eyes look brown, sometimes they look blue and occasionally they'll take on a PURPLE tinge!! Talk of which, did you ever get those color-contacts you were going to get? ;)

GREAT POST!! Though it wasn't very nice of you! To us OR to Obi ;) I NEEEEED to know what's going on with him!!!

COME ON PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE??

....I kinda meant NOW ;)

MORE RIGHT NOW!!!! :D

18. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Madear, I take humor seriously to a degree my family doesn't think it's funny anymore. They get to listen to me hum "Emanual Cant" and sing "Camelot" and other high culture songs written by those great muses of a different world.

[face_laugh] That cracked me up even more than your joke! That and Qui-Gon's wry thoughts about Jedi insanity.

And it's finally happened. Obi-Wan's getting beat up, or slowly squished, or drugged, or fed to something with big teeth, or tickled on the nose with a smelly sock -- something miserable! Poor boy. Life just doesn't like him. Or maybe it's just us.

Hope Chicago doesn't kill you! ;)

Sarah >^,,^<

19. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Hmmm, Qui-gon's getting daring... I liked that little quote he muttered, so very true it seems! Hehe, your line of jokes are amusing me, at least!

20. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    I am sooooooooo sorry I haven't been around. I disappeared as eficiently as a wraith who's horse has undergone the wrath of Elrond and he's on hold for his nasty flying thingy.

We started school (she said with a shaky tremble in her voice) on Monday, and life is crazy. Gotta post and sprint back to my math!!

-----

Obi-Wan stared at Kelper. They had found her, Faa, Yannle, and himself, in a deeper section of the tower. She was laying on the by now familiar rough pallet.

Her breathing rasped in her throat, and her tunic was stiff with blood and vomit. Yannle, who had not spoken since being lead out by Obi-Wan and Faa, cradled her head in her arms, and clicked her tongue with an odd rhythm.

Faa?s face was perfectly detached. He didn?t seem to care about, or be at all surprised by, Kelper?s condition.

Obi-Wan knelt down by her, and touched her forehead gently. ?Master Da-Yee,? he mutter thickly. ?Kelper.?

Slow as death, Kelper?s black eyes open. If Obi-Wan had thought they had been as lifeless and dull as possible before, he would have been wrong. They were now blood shot, and half dead. Kelper closed her eyes again, and coughed weakly.

He stood up, and looked helplessly at Faa. ?What do we do??? he asked, surprised at how young his voice suddenly sounded.

Faa drew lazily at his cigarette, and shrugged. ?I just said I?d help find her, I didn?t say what kind of shape she?d be in.?

Obi-Wan was suddenly overcome in a helpless rage, he grabbed Faa?s collar, and shook him brutally. ?You....you....? he muttered.

Faa?s lazy gray eyes looked surprised at the anger in Obi-Wan?s voice. He roughly pushed Obi-Wan off him, and looked, for the first time, at Kelper. His face changed, but whether it was from pity or insolence Obi-Wan couldn?t tell.

?Look,? he said at last. ?I have something you can give her, that?ll keep her going at least a while. Long enough to get her out of here anyway.?

?What is it??? Obi-Wan was strongly suspicious.

In answer, Faa handed him a small vial.

Obi-Wan uncorked it, and sniffed. ?Smells like Gurtcha,? he said. ?Where ever would you get Gurtcha??? (Gurtcha was a strong medical drug that was only used for extreme illnesses, it would cure, or at least help, almost anything, it was very expensive.)

Faa looked sheepish, ?Uh, I sneaked it one time out of Errda?s personal stash. Errda?s deathly afraid (no pun intended) of getting sick and dyeing. He knows none of his own cronies would ever help him, dead people like Errda mean promotions. I thought it would come in handy.?

?Why would you waste it on a worthless woman??? asked Obi-Wan, understanding how utterly selfish Faa was. ?Why not sell it, or save it for yourself. What are you hoping for get out of us by helping???

Faa looked down, ?I was kinda hoping you Jedi would sneak me off planet after all this was done.?

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, and spat at the floor in contempt. ?Yourself, always yourself isn?t it. If you want to buy us off, you should have thought about putting things down on paper.?

Faa glanced up, and frowned slightly. ?It?s not funny.?

?Neither is this,? Obi-Wan pointed at Kelper. He knelt down, and gently pushed one of the precious Gurtcha pills between her lips. She swallowed faintly, and her eyes fluttered open.

?No,? she mutter in a cracked voice. ?Don?t...?

?Hush,? said Obi-Wan. ?Yannle, we?re going to have to move her, you understand???

Yannle stared at him blankly, and then slowly blinked twice. ?Ja,? she said in a thick voice.

Obi-Wan turned and looked sternly at Faa. ?Whether you care about her or not, you can bet you won?t get off this planet if she doesn?t. Help us.?

Faa suddenly looked like he cared a lot more, and ran over to the entrance and stared at the opposite wall.

?That?s not exactly what I meant by ?help us?,? called Obi-Wan sarcastically.

?Okay, look,? said Faa. ?We can get out o

21. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Faa grinned, ?Do you know how to create an effective diversion???

Obi-Wan snorted, ?Do I know how to be sarcastic???

?Yes.?

?I know how to create a diversion about as effectively.?

?Don?t create one THAT big!!?

?Very funny.?

*giggle* They get along SO well! :D I wonder what deversion he'll cook up! It should be interesting!!

Hey we haven't started school yet! We're starting next week :( Aw well! :D

MORE SOON!

22. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    LOL! Who'd'a'thunk that a post where we find Kelper half dead would also double as a funny post...?

Faa may be mercenary, but that could also be an advantage... let's hope so! And well, Obi may manage a good diversion, but I've got a bad feeling it won't end well. :(

Hope school is going well!

Sarah >^,,^<

23. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    I sooooo agree with Sarah and Siri... So sad, yet so funny! I get the feeling we'll be seeing a lot of Faa later on. Kelper, she had BETTER live, or I wil strangle those evil people MYSELF!!!!!!!!!

24. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Siri: I have a weird, personal like for Faa, scum as he is, he's kind of pitiful and funny at the same time.

Sarah: Funny yet sad...kind of a summery of my entire life!! ;)

Bobill: Ahhh, Mellean, you have been warned. Bobill is armed and ready... (now, the real question is, was that also meant as a hint to the author... [face_thoughtful] )

-----

?Create a diversion he says, it?ll be fun he says,? muttered Obi-Wan. So far, he had seen no one and skinned his knee diving behind a board when he thought he?d heard someone coming.

?Sure I can create a diversion, my whole life is a diversion. At least, my friends never stop laughing at it.?

He opened an ugly door, and discovered a bunk room, with about twenty bunks in it.

He raided the pantry, and found only a bag of seeds. ?I hope they?re poisonous.? He remarked to himself as he ate them. He took a knife he?d found, and slashed the bunks up. Then he slipped on a rough cloak he found, and ran out of the room wildly. He slammed all most immediately into a man.

?Somebody getting murdered in there!!!? he yelled in the startled man?s face. ?Quick, find someone!!!? He ran up to another man and yelled, ?There?s a gadferee in your room.?

He ran on, and found a mess hall full of half dress men. ?Quick,? he yelled, ?There?s a man getting murdered!!? Before anyone could say anything, he left. Then he found a small, un-noticable room.

?Jackpot,? he grinned. ?It was the main circuit room for most of the tower. Without ceremony, he cut all the wires with a knife. Instant darkness surrounded everything, and he heard with satisfaction the confused yells and bumping around of all the men.

Obi-Wan brought the comlink to his mouth. ?How?s that???

?You outdid yourself,? came Faa?s dry voice over the comlink. ?Unfortunately, I can?t find the way out now, and we?re pretty much surrounded by angry people barging around in the dark.?

?Oops,? Obi-Wan grimaced. ?Uh, that wasn?t supposed to happen. I promise.?

?That?s okay, we don?t mind. I found some strong liquor before the lights went out, and gave some to the Jedi.?

?And??

?Well, she?s awake, you want to talk to her???

?Put Kelper on.?

There was the muted rasp as the comlink changed hands, and a very soft voice came over the comlink.

?Hello there,? whispered Kelper.

?Hi, how do you feel??? Obi-Wan couldn?t contain his feeling of worry, Kelper?s voice was so faint.?

?Terrible,? Kelper coughed slightly. ?I?m afraid I?m not going to be of much use.?

?Well, we?re rescuing you. Not the other way around.?

?You?re not doing a very good job.? The remark, though joking, was very true. ?I think Faa?s going to try a new strategy, we?re going to the basement.?

?The basement???

?Apparently, this tower was built over an old mine. We might be able to hide in this mine until your little.....antic blows over.?

Obi-Wan bit his lip, but grinned never the less. ?Great, how do we connect???

?We don?t.? Kelper sounded distracted. ?Get out of here, and find Qui-Gon. You?ll help us more that way, instead of just being another person the sneak out later.?

?Right.?

?Bye.?

?Good luck, have fun in the basement.......Wrong,? said Obi-Wan firmly as he shut off the comlink. ?If you think I?m leaving......heck, this is the most fun I?ve had in a while.? He crept out of the room, narrowly avoiding three shouting men as they stumbled, crashing into various objects, into the room.

-----

and the poor Jedi knight who this entire STORY is about enters the dang story again. ;)

*Qui-Gon was trapped...between two freaks!! With an orc on one side and a balrog on the other he didn't have a lot of options left....of course, these people were MUCH better than the elf/wizard/high king/hobbit deal....maybe he'd just stay here and get to know these dudes. *slight bad tempered flare from blarog* Then agai

25. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe, you never know, Nio! Better not tell me where you live! ;)

You've gotta love Obi-wan, always so sarcastic and dry! And that deversion was great! And Kelper's back and sarcastic as ever! YAY!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.