main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

{***A Tangle of Tears***} Obi/character tortue, JA time period, EU, slight humor, sad stuff, too.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Niobiie-of-Belfalas, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Niobiie-of-Belfalas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2002
    Bobill: I don't think Obi was intended to be quite as sarcastic and rude as I've made him, but he sure was more fun to write that way... ;)
    I live in Gondor, eastward coastline, in the White Towers of Belfalas. (to find it, look on Tolkien's maps) :D Be warned though, I have a full castle staff to protect me from annoyed readers, lightsaber welding jedi, and balrogs who wish to complain about stupid side stories. :D :D :D

-----

Kelper shut off the comlink, and rolled her eyes. ?I don?t think he?s really going to leave.? She remarked to nobody in particular. ?Faa, quite mumbling and speak up, what?s your problem???

?I?m not sure if we really should go to the basement.?

?Just tell me why, would you??

?Corrlak.?

?You think there?s a Corrlak in the basement??? ever though Kelper?s voice was weak, it was impossible not to notice the amusement.

?I know there a Corrlak in the basement. You won?t believe me though, probably.?

?Try me.?

?Errda won?t go down there, ever.?

?You?re right, I don?t believe you.?

?Errda is a very fearful man about his health, I know there?s no other reason why he would refuse to go into a perfect, excellent place for torture.?

?Interesting reasoning.?

Faa sounded desperate, ?I know it sounds foolish, but I know more than one man has been sent to the mine as punishment, and they never come back.?

Kelper looked serious at this, and weakly grabbed Faa?s arm. ?Which is better,? she whispered. ?Get caught by Errda?s men, or face whatever?s down there. Or,? she added as an after thought. ?Take our chances and either hide somewhere else, or try and sneak out.?

?Basement,? he said abruptly. ?I?ve seen what...what Errda does to people who get captured.?

?I can only imagine, but my imagination is quite vivid,? grunted Kelper sourly.

?Can you walk??? asked Faa.

?It doesn?t matter whether I can or not. I have to. Help me.? She whimpered softly as she stood, and clung unsteadily to Yannle. ?Which way to the Corrlak?s lair,? she whispered. ?I feel like taking one on.?

Faa shook his head in the dark, and smiled to no one. ?You, Jedi.?

-----

*Qui-Gon was trapped, two awful choices were before him. Stay in Moria, or go with those other guys...but, being a guy of resorces, he pulled out his emergency cell phone and telephoned for help from Elrond. Unfortanetly, he couldn't read the phone directory (it was in Quenya) and he got fifty instant delivery Elvis's by mistake. It was a bad day so far.*

-Nio Bee of Belfalas

2. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    your fortress might protect you from annoyed readers, but not from insane ones! I WILL break through the walls! *wicked laugh*

And I DON'T like the way things are going! How in a world can a little injured girl face a monster??????????

3. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Bobill: Oh, heh heh *nervous laugh* did I say the White Towers of BELFALAS??????? I meant ANfalas, Belfalas is some weird pace nearby...uuuuh, glad I could clear that up for you. So don't go near Belfalas, in fact, try Mirkwood. I think I'm there.

Yah! Six pages. COOL! It makes this seem almost like a real story.

Would anyone be interested in a sequel to this?? I've thought up some ideas...

-----
    "I all ready told you," Qui-Gon said patiently to the sleepy man standing in his way at the entrance. "I'm stationed near here, and needed to get in touch with an authority. It's your goose you cook if I turn out to be important."

"I don't see you on the schedule," persisted the man, he had red eyes and purple/blue gills. He also was very big and covered with tattoos.

"I'm not on the schedule," sighed Qui-Gon. "My brother's here, and I needed to deliver some information."

"I thought you said you wanted to get in touch with an authority." The suspicious alien was smarter than he looked.

"My brother is an authority."

"What's his name??"

Qui-Gon decided to try a gamble, and use a name he had noticed uppermost in Obi-Wan's mind. "Faa."

The man frowned, and Qui-Gon held his breath. "You're Faa's brother?? I didn't know he had another one." So Faa had several brother. Good.

"Well, yeah," Qui-Gon smiled sheepishly. "We're not always on good terms."

"Hum," the alien scratched his nose, and looked worried. "I suppose I could let you in, my shift's over already anyway. If they ask who let you in, tell 'um Nooba did. He's late as usual, serves 'em right."

Qui-Gon grinned, "Got it. Nooba. I've never seen you. What's this Nooba's description??"

"Three hands, shifty eyes, grayish fur, short. Not pleasant."

"Right."

Qui-Gon tried to look as though he knew where he was going, but some lost his way. He could feel Obi-Wan's presence, he was somewhere not faraway.

~~Obi-Wan~~

He tried cautiously. He did not receive a direct answer, but thought he caught a distracted pulse in the force, as if Obi-Wan was busy and only had time to throw a quick feel out for him. He followed in the direction of the pulse, and ran smack into?his apprentice.

"Hello there, glad your not dead yet," he smiled.

Obi-Wan's brows lifted. "You look dead though, where'd you get that face??"

Qui-Gon grimaced, and touched his face. "Uh, had a run in with a sweet little creature called a gadferee, you may have heard of them?"

Obi-Wan groaned, "It's hard to forget a creature that decides to have you for breakfast."

"Probably you were more of a light pre-breakfast snack."

"Y-e-a-h," said Obi-Wan thoughtfully. "Right, that makes more sense."

"Where's Kelper??" asked Qui-Gon, switching the subject abruptly.

"Well, she's either having a spa bath on Hoth, or she's dodging guards struggling to make her way to the basement/mine of the tower, and having a bad time as the lights just recently came back on."

"Hum, personally, I'd go with the later choice."

"Ding ding," grinned Obi-Wan. "Whatado we have for this lucky contestant."

"What are our, uh, choices on what we do??"

"We could either dance the hula, or go get them out of that mine."

"Do you know the hula??"

"Uh, Siri tried to teach me once, but gave me up as a hopeless dim-wit."

"Right, I personally would have given you up as that before I tried teaching it to you."

"Ah."

"Okay, shall I take the left, and you take right?? Or vice versa."

"Let's just go down. That's the most likely to lead nowhere."

"Good idea."

Qui-Gon was surprised how easy it was to walk around. "Why isn't anyone noticing us??" he finally asked Qui-Gon.

"Well," Obi-Wan smiled slightly. "I, uh, created a diversion."

"Again? What this time??"

"Vandalized a bunk room, told about a hundred people someone was murdering someone else, screamed in another guy's face that there was a gadferee in his bed room, and cut the circuit power to the entire tower which has since then had no lights till just a little while ago."

"Impr

4. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Normally I'm a mush people... though not with Obi-wan and Qui-Gon... but I like this post a lot better than mush. So funny, so like something I would say to a close buddy or something! Love the sarcastic remarks and everything!

5. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    *laughs* Oh Nio! Of COURSE you don't like mush, you've NEVER liked mush, the fact that you're reading the Mellon Chronicles is enough to send me to an early death! :D

Okay, sorry I missed 3 posts! But we had play practice, then Sarah's and Lauren's graduation, then Noah, Lauren and Steph came over and slept over they JUST left a little while ago, so I got a bit behind ;)

GREAT POSTS THOUGH!! :D Those guys CRACK ME UP!! Great job! Siri knows hula??? Wonder who taught her ;)

MORE SOON!! (I'm getting worried :D )

6. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    ROTFLOL! [face_laugh]

I liked that better than mush! Not that I hate mush, but this was just too funny to miss. ;)

Obi-Wan's diversion was perfect! I mean, a little bit out of control, but how can you possibly create something to distract a whole tower full of people and *not* have it get out of control.

Faa's line about Jedi was great. :p

Sorry I was a wee bit late! Various events, including our first play practice, kept me from the 'puter. Good work with this, and I'd love to read a prequel (even if I'll miss the way you do Obi).

Sarah >^,,^<

7. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    To Everyone: Mush mush mush, 8-} , mush is for breakfast, not SW or LOTR!!! ;) (and it's not even that good for breakfast!) I tolerate the Mellon stuff only because Cassia makes up for it by half killing them every few pages. :D :D :D I think Sio's mush is the only thing keeping that poor ranger and elf ALIVE!! :D (sorry Bobill if you feel a little left out, the Mellon stories by Cassia and Siobhan are on aragorn-legolas.5u.com, and we like to read them)

Grrrr, will I never met those elisive friend's of yours????? Tell Lauren I said congradulations, and I hope Steph wasn't TOO silly...well, knowing her (or just hearing you guy describe her), I suppose that's a futial comment. (and I hope she inspired another story like "The Day Qui-Gon Thought He'd Gone Mad" for Siri)

-----

"Just an idea," Obi-Wan said. "But now we've got trouble."

Several armed men were coming towards them, and they didn't look too friendly. "I noticed," answered Qui-Gon. "Here's your lightsaber."

"Obi-Wan took the smooth handled weapon, and the familiar curves touched his hand and cooled it. He hadn't held it since being sold as a slave at mine three. It seemed so long ago. "Thanks," he said softly.

Qui-Gon smiled, and ignited his own blade. It vibrated in his hands, and the soft purple blade quivered. He looked dreamily at the blade, he'd had this one for a record seven years.

Obi-Wan turned on his own blade, and looked at it much less sentimentally. It was a weapon, it blue, it was dangerous, and it was his. That would have been all he could have told anyone about it.

"Halt," said one of the man, who was wearing an officer's uniform. "I arrest you both for the assistance of the escape of two dangerous criminals. You will either give up you weapons peaceably or we will kill you. We are commanded to kill if resisted."

"Okay, sure," said Qui-Gon, turning off his blade and glancing at Obi-Wan to let him know what to do.

"Oh, right," Obi-Wan turned off his blade, and ran without hesitation down the section of the hall Qui-Gon had thought was the way to the basement.

The soldiers dropped to the floor with skillful quickness and fired with surprising accuracy. If Qui-Gon's skill had been a fraction less Obi-Wan would have died. As it was, stray fire got easily though and shards of rock flew up from the shots and cut Obi-Wan's face and hands.

Obi-wan ran without hesitation until he reached a bend. Qui-Gon was having a hard time, and he (Obi-Wan) didn't really know where to go.

'down will probably lead nowhere' he told himself, 'and that's where I want to go.' He ran down the hall that had a stairwell cut in it, and was relieved to see it lead down. He reached the bottom of the stairs in a moment, and found himself in a large room that had three doors. He ran down the first one he opened, for he heard footsteps close behind him, and they weren't Qui-Gon's.

It was more stairs. They were roughly cut and it was hard not to fall in the dark. The door at the top opened, and momentarily lighted the stairs. Obi-Wan's stomach lurched, he staggered in his effort to stop, skidded, and slipped to a stop.

The stairs fell completely away just in front of him, and were a ink blackness. There was nothing there.

His pursuer stopped behind him, and stared opened mouth at the abyss. He was a ruddy man, of dark skin and blazing eyes. His long black hair was elaborately braided in a thousand crisscross messes.

Obi-Wan stuck from the left, catching the unprepared man with his foot straight in the stomach. He grunted softly, and slid to the ground. Obi-Wan took up a rock and hit him in the head, knocking him out.

"Sorry," he said ruefully. "Can't have you following me, hope you don't have too bad a head ache tomorrow." He turned to go, but recollected the man, if he came to dizzy and confused, could fall to his death. He dragged to man up the stairs, and propped him up against the door.

Obi-Wan opened the second door, and stuck his head though first. He was glad he did. This door didn't even

8. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    LOL on the edits! Went a bit overboard, did you, nio? And the purple lightsaber... sweet! I want one! Where do we get the purple crystals?

9. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Nobody did, Nio, I just mistook the 's' for 'pr'. It happens to me all the time. :p

Great post! Since Qui-Gon's lightsaber is green later, is it safe to assume that his record just might be broken (along with something else) at some point in your stories?

Obi-Wan's thoughtfulness over the guy who jumped him was great. I *knew* I liked that boy! ;) And his limited knowledge of his own lightsaber was hilarious!

Poor Qui-Gon. Stuck without a hobbit to turn to. *pst* Here's a hint, Quiggy: when he comes back, poke him in the eye!

I think you may be right about Sio's mush and Cassia's torture; they sort of cancel eachother out. Which is kind of what Siri and I tried to do, though the division of labor isn't quite so neatly divided as it is with the Terrible Duo. Speaking of which, didja ever finish Death or Despair? ?[face_plain]

I'll be sure to pass on your congrats to Lauren! Next time y'all come to visit us, we really *must* ask the Kough kids to pop in. Now that Noah can drive, seeing them has become a whole lot easier. :)

Thanks for the postie! Please don't plunge Obi into a bottomless abyss. He might run into a falling Balrog. :p

Sarah >^,,^<

10. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Bobill: Oh yes, you can pick them up at Target around here, $2.63 plus tax. Mom says I can't get one till we have no more babies in the house. ;) :D :D I'll get you one next time. (would you be interested in merchandise??? :D)

Sarah: BALROG???? Who wants some wimpy demon of darkness?!?!?!?!?! I thing Obi deserves worse...
    Yes yes!! Tell Noah to keep those car keys handy!! When were you guys planing your vacations this summer?? I've almost got Dad ready to say we might come down there to tube (when convenient for you guys)
    Read any new Wimsey books?? Mom got me a new Jane Austen that I know nothing about on Saturday night, and I'm almost finished. It's call Northanger Abby.

-----

Qui-Gon waited only long enough for Obi-Wan to get reasonably far away, before he surrendered. It wasn?t easy to convince the soldiers not to kill him, but he confused them with the force and they finally just took his lightsaber and bound him with chains to be cast into a dungeon till Errda wanted him.

Errda didn?t wait long. They never even reached the prison before Errda sent a note commanding them to bring Qui-Gon to him. They took Qui-Gon to a neat, plainly furnished room, with an huge, intricately carved fireplace dimming what other, though little enough, charm the room had.

A man was standing there, he had blond hair simply braided. The man must be Errda. ?So, you must be...?? his face, voice, and manner of speaking were in deep contrast to his manner of acting. He had innocent blue eyes, and a wide eyed demeanor. He seemed kind, even gentle..

?Qui-Gon.?

?Pleasure to meet you, Qui-Gon,? Errda extended his hand.

?The pleasure?s all yours.?

?Not very diplomatic, are you??

?Not to people like you, sorry.?

?Well then, I need to ask you some questions.?

?Ask away, though that doesn?t mean I?ll answer.?

Errda smiled in a patronizing way. ?No one said I expected you to answer them...right away. First of all, where are the prisoners???

?I don?t know what you?re talking about.?

?Don?t play stupid on me,? Errda?s mild eyes blazed abruptly. ?Where are they??

?I don?t know where ?they? are.?

?Oh, that?s too bad,? Errda was suddenly smiling again. ?I hate to do it, but let?s make you talk.? He motioned with his hand, and two of the guards came forward.

The guards walked several steps, and were still.

Errda raised his eyebrows, and looked sharply at Qui-Gon. ?Come.? he said softly.

The guards remained motionless.

Errda?s eyes narrowed, and he took a threatening step towards Qui-Gon. ?What are you doing to my men???

?No lasting damage,? answered Qui-Gon. Errda looked suspicious, but Qui-Gon was perfectly serious.

?How are you doing that??? hissed Errda at last, his eyes bulging in fear.

?Quite easily,? Qui-Gon was silent for a moment, and suddenly his chains fell off. ?Goodbye,? he said politely, and walked out of the door. He locked it, and released the guards who he?d been holding still and silent with the force. He waited for a moment, but Errda seemed to stay still in the room.

Qui-Gon felt with the force, looking for Obi-Wan. He felt him, far below him. He seemed to be running. Qui-Gon sent a quick feeling towards Obi-Wan to let him know he was on his way, and then took off running.

He raced down halls and stair cases, dodging men and occasional droids. Then he stopped, a strange rumble sounded from outside the tower. Smiling abruptly, Qui-Gon changed the direction he was going and continued running.

-----

and by the way, I admit that, with complete lack of genius I did have everyone's favorite Legolas in mind when writing Errda.

*Qui-Gon stared at 'Sauron' not at all impressed. He looked like nothing more than those dumb power couplings he (Qui-Gon) was always having to tell Obi-Wan to stay away from. All the thing did was scream at him for a while, and then t

11. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    *giggle* You're so strange Nio'mi'girl! ;)

Funny! Funny...but strange. ;)

Well, he got out of THIS little mess, but there still a little bit of a problem with umn...getting out! :D

Well, no EVERYONE'S met Mr. E the not so nice :D LEGOLAS?? Well I say THAT was not very nice, I thought you LIKED Legolas :D

Hmm...but if you'd said Eomer, I would have been REALLY shocked ;)

MORE SOON MORE SOON PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE???? :p I'm good at that ;)

12. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Siri: I had looks in mind only . Read his description again, sweet blue eyes (well, it's true I never said purple gray or brown...) and blond hair. Doesn't an EVIL Leggy sound kind of fun...hm, you may just be witnessing me getting a new story idea...
    I haven't finished 'Death and Despair' yet, so far they've had a wonderful day getting put in a hell hole of orcs and fellow slaves. ;)

-----

?I feel like walking death in the flesh,? remarked Kelper faintly as she stumbled along with Yannle.

Faa glanced at her, ?You look it, too.?

Kelper was silent for a moment, gathering up strength to speak. ?Just because my sense of humor soars in hopeless, idiotic situations, doesn?t mean your?s can, too.?

?Oh.?

?Don?t ?oh? me,? Kelper?s boot slipped in a puddle, and Yannle, weak and hungry, did not have to strength to stop her from sliding dangerously close to the frightening drop to their left.

Kelper looked at the drop, and swallowed visibly. ?I hate heights,? she mumbled.

Faa grabbed her arm, and clumsily helped her up. ?Sorry,? he muttered. ?I should have grabbed you.?

?Yeah, you should have,? agreed Kelper sarcastically. ?Thanks for noticing.?

?How much longer,? said Yannle. Her pale face looked thin and small without the cloak she usually wore.

?Not much,? Faa heard a muted thundering noise from somewhere over their heads and winced. ?Ee?lla da feen,? he said to no one in particular.

?What?? Yannle asked the question for Kelper.

?I said,? Faa?s hard gray eyes glittered. ?We?re in for it now.?

They continued in silence down the long ledge. It was gradually leading farther and farther downward, closer and closer to the murky black of the caves. At intervals, strange black archways, about nine feet off the ground, were scattered above them on the wall.

?What are those holes??? asked Kelper softly.

?Not sure,? said Faa. ?I know some are connected to doors on the low levels, but most are nothing more than short corridors that lead nowhere.?

?Do they intersect???

Faa frowned thoughtfully. ?I doubt it. They?re pretty irregular, hardly practical if they?re for something. I think some were used long ago, other are there to confuse and trap anyone who was not supposed to be here.?

Kelper looked at the hole they were coming up to. ?That?s awful,? she said, and fell silent, tired out with speech.

Faa snorted, ?There are worse thing down there than that, secrets of death. This was, long before I was ever here, a place for torture.?

?Be silent,? Yannle said suddenly. ?You tire her out.?

Faa looked at Kelper. Her face was terribly pale and drawn. Her dull eyes were filled with unshed tears of fatigue. Short rasping breaths hissed between her teeth.

Without comment, he slowed their pace.

Kelper stumbled, and Yannle cried aloud. ?Someone is coming!?

Faa, with super human strength, hoisted both Kelper and Yannle into one of the hollows in the wall in an instant. He then walked away from them, and stood still to receive the new comer.

?Steady on,? said a familiar voice, coming down the ledge. ?Don?t kill me or anything, old friend.?

Faa stared at Obi-Wan with a humorous look on his face. ?Old friend??

?Oh, semi-friend, sorta friend, enemy at ease, something like that,? Obi-Wan thoughtfully touched a bruise on his cheek. ?Where?s Kelper and Yannle.?

?Up there,? Faa motioned towards the dark opening on the wall.

?Help me,? called Yannle, motioning towards Kelper. ?She is fading.?

?She is in a bad way,? admitted Faa. ?Dona how much longer...well, never mind.?

Yannle slid Kelper down to Faa and Obi-Wan, who caught her and laid her on the ground. Obi-Wan started at her deathly pale cheeks.

Kelper weakly opened her dull eyes, and tried to smile. ?I?m not...dead yet.? She whispered faintly.

?Yet,? echoed Faa, shutting up at the look Obi-Wan ga

13. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    argh, two posts I missed!

First one: Hmmm... Qui-gon having amazing powers... Kelper should have done that when they were torturing her, would have saved a lot of trouble!

Second post: Everyone has a sense of humor! Though, it seems like girls are allowed to tell guys to shut up whenever they joke, but the opposite doesnn't work. poor guys.

Nooooo, Yannle, keep going! This might be bad, but you can't give up!!!!!!!!! Geez, that Obi-Wan, always making trouble!

Ooooh, you guys get to meet up? Lucky, my fanfic world is so unattached to my real live.

14. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    This sure was a weird place.

It didn't use to be. :p

LOL on Kelper and Obi-Wan! Those two really have more in common than you might have thought at the beginning: a torture-filled background, nice sense of rudeness, and humor in odd situations! It's what makes them a joy to read. Though Qui-Gon's little trick there wasn't far behind... Poor Errda! NOT! ;)

Hope nobody dies... including Faa. Even enemies at ease are nice to keep alive!

As for vacations, I'm not quite sure... We have our beach trip (of course), camp (likely), and a wedding in the family (possibly; and no, before you even *think* it, it's not mine). Still, we should have a month or so in there somewhere! And we'd SO much like to see you. :)

Must run! I'm going at top speed here, and am only managing to hit the computer every other day, if I'm lucky.

Sarah >^,,^<

15. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Nearly forgot! Nope, I haven't read any Lord Peter Whimsey lately (haven't had a chance to visit B&N); unless, that is, I forgot to tell you when I finished Murder Must Advertise... If I did, I'll tell you now: I loved it! It was hilarious! The ending was a bit hard, but it explained why he met Harriet with something akin to a nervious break-down (described in Gaudy Night). Speaking of Harriet, I also liked that one, brief and nameless, but recognizable reference to her in there. Not to mention all that stuff about advertising; even when it had nothing to do with the plot. [face_laugh]

How did *you* get through the cricket scene?? ?[face_plain] It was interesting, but it wasn't like baseball where I knew the rules and could visualize it.

I've heard Northanger Abbey was good, but we never go to the library (Mommy doesn't really like the one out here), and so I haven't had a chance to read it.

Sarah >^,,^<

16. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Bobill: Well, don't feel TOO sorry for the guys, Faa isn't really a nice person. ;) But yeah, I am kinda hard on them.
    The only reason I'm in this fanfic world is Siri, she's also the only reason I write!! Her complete insane pestering and love of f.net and writing are the reason I even got dragged-I mean, invited into it. 8-} I bet you don't get the weird looks we do at sleepovers (camping out in poring rain with flooding tents, giggling and yelling to people in other tents (who are telling us to SHUT UP AND GO TO SLEEP YOU FREAKS)) ;)

Sarah: If it's not you're not getting married 8-} then what are you going to do?? Are you going to go to college?? I know an awsome one in Idaho called New St. Andrews, it's where I want to go.
    I read Murder Must Advertise before I knew who Harriet was, so I didn't get the hint until the second time I read it.
    How did I survive cricket?? I stuck my head into a paper bag and read Dilbert all day. Actually, I have an amazing nack for just spacing out when reading something boring...though that skill isn't exactly useful during school.

We have the wonderful 'throwing up' flu at our house, Dad and I are the only ones who haven't gotten it yet, so the house is full of jello eating, nintendo playing, zombie children who are too sick to eat their vegatables, but make a valient effort to eat their chicken. :rolleyes:

------

?This is commander Gull-Naqu, Jinn, these are his troops.? Frenth smiled at Qui-Gon, his tired face looking almost cheerful. ?I sent Reemsa with Yoshii to her family, Yoshii should be safe by now.?

Qui-Gon placed his hand on Frenth?s shoulder, ?Thanks,? he said. ?I wasn?t sure if you?d do it, I suppose I looked pretty savage stumbling in and yelling instructions to you, half sick and wild eyed, right before leaving to probably kill myself.?

Frenth shrugged and grinned, ?Hey, you?re a Jedi. I trust you.?

?How did you get here so fast,? Qui-Gon shook his head. ?I thought tomorrow, at the very quickest.?

?Ja, I did as well,? Frenth motioned towards the commander. ?Your friend, the overseer, Cor-Lous, he is an agent for the Yyma. He knew who you were, that is why he helped you. He found me, and told me the commanders troops were stationed only five nells away. They were watching this tower, suspected of Mellean activity. I was the pebble that pushed the boulder over. It only took twently minutes of explaining before they were on their way.?

Qui-Gon looked at the commander, ?Can you troops work quickly??? he asked. ?There are some escaped prisoners that....well, let?s just say it would mean a lot to me if they got out alive.?

?Naaly co i?ll bra,? the commander said to Frenth.

?He said,? translated the young man. ?He can?t make promises, but his troops will work fast.?

?How?? Qui-Gon felt a sudden ripple in the force, a hot surge of energy. The stone floor under his feet shook.

The commander?s yellow eyes gleamed, and he licked his teeth. ?Cou?bra.?

Frenth smiled uncertainly, and looked searchingly at Qui-Gon. ?Explosives.?

-----

hee hee...

*Qui-Gon was sitting next to an orc, watching it play its gameboy. Appearantly, there was a big battle coming, he wished he could go home. Even Obi-Wan's presence would be barable after this place. One of the big black chickens was flying overhead, making that cat-caught-in-a-blender sound again. It he ever got home, he'd never eat chicken again.*

-Nio

PS
    Mmm, stir fried ringwraith......well, maybe not.

17. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Nio my friend, I don't my telling you that you are your own unique version of strange and your logic is your own. :D

Otherwise, GREAT POSTS!! Sorry I missed two but I was really busy yesterday and didn't get the first one read!

They were both GREAT!! Ah Obi-Wan, what a charming sense of humor you have! And aren't you glad to see Faa again??!! Seeing as how you get on SO WELL ;)

Oooh, I'm seeing trouble ahead!!

Evil Leggy??....no comment. Have you read any more Mellon Chronicles?? *smiles innocently at the change of subject ;) *

Oh! I'm glad your liking Sarah and my mindless drivel! ;) We certainly had fun writing it! We got 320 comment on Fanfiction.net which TOTALLY shocked us! :D

CAN'T WAIT FOR MOOOORE!!! :D

18. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Siri: Me??? Strange???? Thanks! ;)
    I haven't read any more Mellon stories, no. No time at ALL!! (I don't even get to write on weekdays)
    Wow, 320 comments is a lot, that's my....uh, semi insane baby. :D
    You have a knack for wanting more. You never forget to ask!

Ugh, the flu I said I didn't have gave an unkind retorte and caught me like a guilty German Shepherd dog chasing our cats. (that's Uma's latest hobby)

-----

Another explosion rocked the floor. A shower of palely glowing dust fell on them.

?Breens salt,? Yannle screamed once, and choked. ?It?s going to kill her!!!?

Obi-Wan tore off his tunic and threw in over Yannle and Kelper. It shielded them from the choking, burning, ghastly, cloud of salt. It filled his mouth and eyes. He couldn?t hear or see or sense anything, the world was a dark rushing scream in his ears. The flow of dust subsided, and Obi-Wan collapsed to the floor, choking and coughing.

Yannle hit his back and forced his head back. She pored a small amount of precious water in his mouth and eyes.

?Breath slowly,? she commanded.

Obi-Wan gasped, and tried not to cough, slowly his agony subsided and he breathed, to a degree, freely. ?Thanks,? he tried to say, but choked again.

?No talk,? Yannle gently uncovered Kelper, and gave her the rest of the water. She gulped weakly at it, and opened her eyes.

?What....fun,? she managed.

Yannle stroked her hair away from her face, ?Hush, no?a speak.?

There was a strange echo that slipped though the dull overhead thunder sound. It was the footsteps again.

?Come,? Obi-Wan started to pick Kelper up, but discovered a bad slash in his leg from a piece of sharp salt. ?I...can?t!? he gasped in pain.

Yannle gently blew on the torch to help it burn firmer, her large yellow eyes were illumined to a strange golden glow, they were scared and full of hurt. A trickle of blood streamed out of the corner of her mouth. It looked black against the dull green glow of her skin.

Kelper struggled with a sudden life, ?No,? she whispered. ?Let me...walk, I....I can.?

Obi-Wan put her down, more from necessary than from any wish to let her walk.

?Yannle,? he said. ?I cannot carry her.?

?Let me walk,? Kelper said again, this time in a stronger voice. She stood, and walked. Then, steadily, she began to run.

In amazement, Obi-Wan and Yannle followed. They ran down the ledge, and suddenly the ledge came to an end. It leveled, and branched out in five different passages. Kelper went into the second to the left. This one went a little ways, and then opened into a massive room, with ledges, hole caverns, and a huge hole in the center of the floor with a stream running though it.

Yannle?s eyes widened, ?Corrlak.? She hissed.

Obi-Wan could indeed feel a strange presence of something in the water. Another explosion rocked the floor. Shards of crystal fell from the ceiling, they were razor sharp. They all stumbled, and avoided them as best they could. One cut Yannle?s arm, another broke next to Obi-Wan?s face and splashed up into it.

?Corrlak,? muttered Yannle after the slide has stopped. ?Corrlak.? She was terrified.

-----

*enter Jaws music...*

*Qui-Gon sat in a big feasting room, listening to elves sing about long dead people. Somehow, with a wiz anda bang, Mordor was gone, and he was with the hobbit people again. He really REALLY just wanted to go home.*

almost finis...

-Nio

19. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, good thing Quigy is here! But I don't like all this stuff going on with the other guys... Kelper's one stubborn girl, to be able to walk in her condition! Argh, wish I had her adrenaline, maybe I wouldn't poop out in PE so much.

Argh, poor you, caught the flu and everything... I hate flus. Whenever I get sick I completly lose my voice and I get the funny feeling that I'm gonna cough up a huge wad of blood. I hope you don't feel that way!

Unfortunately no one in RL exept me knows of my fanfic world... too many wierd looks to risk the knowledge on loose!

20. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Legolas and Obi-Wan...the both have the tendancy to state the obvious.

For example: "Orcs!" "They have shield generators!" "Goblins!" "Oh no not good!" "You look terrible."

And the fun thing about stating the obvious is that you can do things to empisize it and no one wonders why....so:

OH NO !!!!! NOT GOOD

See? :D

GREAT POST!! I can't wait to find out what happens.

Oh, it snowed so we're stranded in the house right now, but that's okay since the snow is worse in the town where our friends live Play Practice has been canceled anyway :D

So we are enjoying the snow! :)

21. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    GO KELPER! It's funny how survival instincts can cover a multitude of injuries.

The rock salt thing was nasty, as was the description of Obi-Wan's injury; think about it: this is the automatic problem of having a cut and putting SALT on it! Eck. Speaking of which, that handy little three letter syllible of pity there works very nicely for all you poor people with the flu! :( LOL on you nintendo playing sibs, though. You really ought to consider a career with Monty Python. ;)

And look who came to bail Qui-Gon out! I knew I liked that guy. Ditto for the guard person who'd bailed him out before. Now the only question is... what was the orc doing playing gameboy? Er, I mean, who is using explosives and for what purpose?

You don't have to answer right away if your feeling yucky; I'm a bit busy just now anyway. :)

LOL about concentrating on cricket and school work! [face_laugh] And as for my plans: I do not intend to go to college, but stay here and learn how to be a keeper at home. I also did not intend to get a job, but I just might end up getting one anyway as (get this) a nanny. That is, if we can figure out the absense-from-home thing, and the how-to-get-there-without-a-full-drivers-license thing... :) I only just graduated last Friday.

Sarah >^,,^<

22. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Bobil: I felt a slight amount of guilt having Kelper run around on death's door, but hey, maybe death's door gives you adrenaline... I just didn't think it was realistic enough (there, your not the only one Sarah).
    My flu is only the sleeping-on-the-couch-reading-all-day-like-a-slug type, feeling guilty becuase I don't really feel bad, but occationally, I really do, so, that's me as sick.
    You never know who's going to like Star Wars, I wasn't really friends with Siri & her family until TPM came out and we found a mutial nerdyness to be weird about together. But I do understand the hesitation... :D

Siri: LOL of the Obi/Leggy thing, your are so right.
    Snowed in?? Lucky, we only got the light dangerous kind that melts before you can have any fun, and, since I'm sick, I haven't gotten to go out there at all. It was pretty while it lasted though.
    What play are you guys doing??

Sarah: What are Obi's for??
    One day, while doing a puzzle with my dad, he said something about 'tooth brushing'. I went into a whole weird improve thing, like an anouncer in a tooth brushing contest. I even brought in some experts on the subject and got their veiws on the different players. When I finally ran out of breath, Dad was staring at me, smiling uncertainly. He called to Mom, "Your daughter just did a Monty Python skit on spur of the moment, (-then to me-) maybe we're watching too much." I was so proud! :D :D :D
    Explorsives?? Do you mean the wix anda bang?? Oh, that was Treebeard's second cousin's once removed aunt's brother's cat's secretary doing it. (and in my defence, you did ask.)
    Cool, you would be a perfect nanny. You're just so sweet and always reminding me of your mom!

-----

?Yani, hush,? Kelper gently touched her face. ?Hush. It will not hurt you, it is dead.?

Obi-Wan frowned and felt with the force. It might be dead, it certainly wasn?t moving at all, no heartbeat, but it could be faking

?Are you sure??? he asked hesitantly, hating to contradict a Knight.

?Ja, feel the dead weight???

?Yes, but couldn?t it be faking???

?There is no warmth, no heartbeat, and Corrlak have one of the fastest heartbeats of all known creatures. They also are sensitive to heat. Look at the water.?

The heat from the stones was boiling the water. ?Why didn?t heat from the floor kill the Corrlak during the ice storms???

Kelper coughed softly, and shrugged. ?I dona know. Perhaps the heat doesn?t reach down this far under normal circumstances. But I do not know.?

The floor shook again, this time with more force than ever before. It swayed and rocked and groaned like thunderous shrieks. Yannle fell and screamed.

Then it all happened faster than Obi-Wan could see. Kelper shoved him with a force propelled push that sent him flying, and she threw herself on top of Yannle. A shower of crystals fell, and one, huge chunk came ponderously down. It exploded right next to her and Yannle. Yannle screamed, and Kelper cried out faintly. Then a shower of dusty rock came down, and everything disappeared in a cloud.

-----

*ha! fooled you about the corrlak, didn't I?*
    *on a grimmer note, they might have fared better with the corrlak*

*Qui-Gon opened his eyes, he was sitting up in a bed, with an amused looking Obi-Wan staring at him. 'how are you??' Obi-Wan asked. 'You've had a fever, and have shouted some pretty strange things. It was so great, I didn't have to rent any movies while you were sick! do you really have a crush on someone named, 'Are Wen?? We think it's the sleeping pills Yoda gave you, something went wrong.'
    Qui-Gon pulled the covers over his red face, and wished he could go back to sleep.*

finis

*and, coming next time, QUI-GON'S TERRIFYING NIGHTMARE, WHEN QUI-GON WAKES UP IN THE BODY OF................HANK THE COWDOG!!!!!!!
    Drover: Gosh Hank, are you okay?? Instead of saying you're the head of ranch secerity, you keep mumbling something about 'wringing Yoda's neck'.

23. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, you really had me fooled! I have to repeatedly tell myself that none of these charectors have easy way out! Poor Kelper, why does she always have to throw herself into danger like that? Isn't she already half dead?

Argh, I tried hoping that maybe one of my friends on the boards might turn out to be a good friend at school just hiding like me... but it never seems to happen! Then again, if we're all hiding anyway... but no one else gets excited when the subject of Star Wars comes up! Okay, I'll stop moaning about it now. Looking forward to the next post and new line of jokes!

24. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    I feel the same way, but all of my friends know I write, and none ever express any interest on F.net. The only person who's ever asked me to send them a link to my stories, is my aunt. But I have Siri, Sarah, and Jewel, so I should just shut up. ;)

Don't think of it as nobody to pal with, think of the whole board as an invisible, mute, blind, and deaf friend who really likes all of your stuff. :D

If it makes you feel any better, I read Much Ado About Whipcream. It was cool.

-Nio

25. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    OH MAN!! Golly these people have the worst luck since Violet Claus and Sunny Bodalair!!!....umn...that's from a different series by the way Nio :D Sorry, got carried away!

OH NO NOT HANK THE COWDOG!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Don't even START that young lady! :p

We're doing a play of Pilgrim's Progress. An abridged version Jordan wrote.

I am the ONLY person playing 4 parts! I'm playing:

Christiana (credited as 'Wife')

Angel 1

Judge Hate-Good

and Atheist!

I'm having a lot of fun! But my Atheist keeps sounding like Draco Malfoy :D

MORE SOON!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEASE??? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.