main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Tatooine Jedi (COMPLETE) (sequel update 12/17/07) SW/Marvel/DC comics crossover

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Matthew_Wolverine, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Author's note: The Star Wars part of this story takes place about a year after the conclusion of the New Jedi Order series. It's EU up to the time of Remnant. AU after that. The Marvel portion is an alternate MU. It's basically the same as the current "real" MU but with some differences.

Premise note: For the purposes of this story the Star Wars EU books exist in the MU. And Spider-Man has read some of them so he has some prior knowledge of Tahiri. But he is unaware that the SWU actually exists.

Disclaimer: None of these characters belong to me. Tahiri and all other Star Wars characters belong to George Lucas/Lucasfilm and Spidey and all other Marvel characters belong to Marvel Entertainment Inc.

Dramatis Personae (listed in order of appearance)

Tahiri Veila
    Jaina Solo
    Spider-Man/Peter Parker
    Mary Jane Watson Parker (model/actress, wife of Peter Parker)
    Benjamin J. Grimm aka The Thing
    Sue Richards aka The Invisible Woman
    Johnny Storm aka The Human Torch
    Dr. Reed Richards aka Mr. Fantastic
    The Scorpion (Spider-Man villain)
    Garik "Face" Loran
    Luke Skywalker
    Mr. Mxyzptlk (Being from the fifth dimension, impish jokester who enjoys harassing Superman)
    Bobby Drake aka Iceman
    Superman
    Thor (Marvel's version of the Norse god of thunder)
    Q (of the Q continuum, "Star Trek: The Next Generation")
    Dexter Jettster
    Aayla Secura
    Yoda
    Mace Windu
    James "Logan" Howlett aka Wolverine
    Henry "Hank" McCoy aka Beast
    Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond)
    Batman
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Palpatine/Sidious
    Doctor Otto Octavius (criminal mastermind and nuclear scientist, Spider-Man villain)
    Professor Charles Xavier
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Anakin Skywalker
    Marz Hak (male Gran, bounty hunter/criminal)- original character
    Athan Veila (human, grandfather of Tahiri Veila[in my story that is]) - original character
    Jabba the Hutt
    Nejaa Halcyon (Corellian Jedi Knight, biological grandfather of Corran Horn)
    Rostek Horn (Inspector with the Corellian Security Force, adoptive grandfather of Corran Horn)
    Captain Kir Be (captain of Interdictor cruiser Sentry, original character. Name inspired by Fantastic Four cocreator, Jack Kirby)
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Anakin Solo
    Andi Eystar (holovid actress, passenger aboard luxury cruiser) - original character
    Captain Ashbee (captain of luxury cruiser) - original character
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Leia Organa Solo
    Doomsday - an alien monster created 250,000 years ago on the planet Krypton by an alien scientist
    http://www.dcuguide.com/Who/Doomsday_Bio.php
    Cilghal - Mon Calamari Jedi healer. Niece of Admiral Ackbar
    Tsavong Lah - Yuuzhan Vong warmaster
    Shimrra - Yuuzhan Vong Supreme Overlord (secretly a figurehead ruler)
    Onimi - Yuuzhan Vong dark jedi. (true leader of the Yuuzhan Vong)
    Lando Calrissian

------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Tahiri Veila was awoken by a strange humming sound. She jumped out of bed to investigate the noise, instinctively grabbing her lightsaber. The sound seemed to be coming from a dark corner of her room. Using her lightsaber to illuminate the shadows, she saw a small black orb. It was unlike anything she had ever seen before. Tahiri reached down to pick the object up. As her hand touched it, the orb stopped humming and started to glow with an eerie light. "I better take this to Master Luke", Tahiri thought. She was about to do that when she began to feel an odd sensation coursing through her body. Then the orb exploded with a blinding flash and everything went black.

------------------------------------------

Jaina Solo, whose room was next to Tahiri's, heard the explosion. She got dressed quickly and rushed to Tahiri's room to see what had happened. What Jaina saw there shocked and amazed her. Tahiri's room had been completely destroyed, but nothing outside of it had been damaged. Even the door was totally unscathed. The explosion had apparently contained itself within the room. She searched the room for signs of Tahiri. Jaina didn't see Tahiri anywhere but she did find her f

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
  3. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
  4. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    this is looking good! I can't wait to see Spiderman come to her rescue...i hope ^_- not like Tahiri needs rescuing anyway [face_laugh] More soon?

EJ

5. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    "this is looking good! I can't wait to see Spiderman come to her rescue...i hope ^_- not like Tahiri needs rescuing anyway More soon?

EJ"

Thanks.

And yes there will be more soon. I started writing the next chapter at work this morning. I just need to get offline and start writing some more.

6. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter 2

Spider-Man had just finished patrolling the city and was on his way home when he saw, down in an alley below him, a young blonde woman. She appeared to be about eighteen and was extremely underdressed for a cold New York City night. He suspected that might have been what had attracted the attention of that gang that was approaching her. Although a young girl alone in this neighborhood would be likely to become a target regardless of her attire. He was just about to swing down and rescue her when the thug closest to the girl flew backwards as if he had been punched by an invisible fist. Then one of the others pulled out a gun and almost instantly the gun was reduced to scrap metal by a flash of light. It took him a moment to realize that the flash of light was actually a sword. A lightsaber.

He thought, ?If she has a lightsaber then she must be a Jedi, but Jedi aren?t real. They?re fictional like Superman.?

But as impossible as it seemed this girl was obviously real so he dropped down to the alley to help her. Once he got closer he noticed something about the girl that he hadn?t seen before. She had a unique scar on her forehead.

?I know her!?, Spidey thought.

Tahiri Veila. During the few seconds it had taken him to descend to the alley, Tahiri had dispatched the would-be gunman and two more of his companions.
    Spidey snuck up behind one of the two remaining thugs and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around, Spidey said ?Say cheese!? and delivered a knockout punch to his jaw. The last thug still standing tried to run away. Spidey did a backflip to land in front of the fleeing criminal.

Spidey: ?Going somewhere? I think you need a nap. Say goodnight.?

He punched the punk in the face effectively putting him to ?sleep?.
    Then Spidey wrapped up all of the gang members in webbing for convenient pickup by the police later. Then he turned to face Tahiri.
    Spider-Man: ?Hello. My name is Spider-Man. But you can call me Spidey.?

Tahiri: ?That?s a funny name.?

Spider-Man: ?You shouldn?t talk. Your name sounds like the name of a diminutive Japanese pro wrestler.?

Tahiri got a very puzzled look on her face and was speechless for several moments.

Then she said: ?How did you know my name??

Spider-Man: ?Umm?That?s a long story, but the short version is I?ve read about you.?

Tahiri: ?Oh. So what else do you know about me??

Spider-Man: ?Well I know that you like to do unconventional things like going barefoot. Speaking of that unconventional thing, don?t you think you?re taking it too far??

Tahiri: ?What do you mean??

Spider-Man: ?Does Master Skywalker approve of you going around in public looking like a Twi?lek dancing girl??

Tahiri looked down at herself and realized with some embarrassment that she wasn?t wearing anything except her underclothes. She blushed and tried to cover herself as best as she could.

Spider-Man: ?Stay here and I?ll go get you some clothes to wear. Try to stay out of sight. New York City has laws against public indecency.?

Spider-Man swung up into the city skyline and headed in the direction of his house. Shortly afterwards, he returned with a black t-shirt and black jeans that he had borrowed from MJ?s closet.

Spider-Man: ?I figured you?d like black.?

Tahiri: ?Thanks.?

Tahiri quickly put on the borrowed clothes. Then they had a long talk, Spider-Man filling her in as best he could about where she was and how he knew about her.
    -----------------------------------
    Hope you liked it.

7. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    interesting.... :D I loved it ^_^ Keep up the good work!

EJ

8. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Thanks. I wrote some more while at work today and I came up with a title.

9. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter 3

Spider-Man: ?In the morning, I want to take you to see a friend of mine. He?s the smartest person I know. If anybody can figure out how to get you back home, he can.?

Tahiri: ?Alright. Thanks.?

Spider-Man: ?But right now we need to discuss sleeping arrangements.?

Tahiri gave him a funny look.

Spider-Man: ?Don?t look at me like that! You?ve got a dirty mind for a Jedi. Anyway, those aren?t the kind of sleeping arrangements I was talking about.?

Tahiri grinned and said: ?Too bad.?

Spider-Man: ?What I was trying to say is I?ve found a place for you to spend the night.?

Tahiri: ?Where??

Spider-Man: ?At the home of a couple of friends of mine. Peter and Mary Jane Watson Parker. I borrowed those clothes from Mrs. Parker.?

Tahiri: ?Why can?t I just stay with you??

Spider-Man: ?Ummm?because I think you?d be more comfortable at the Parkers? home.?

Tahiri looked like she was about to question him further but then she just nodded her agreement.

Spider-Man: ?So are you ready to go??

Tahiri: ?Yeah. Are we walking??

Spider-Man: ?No. We?re traveling via Friendly Neighborhood Webslinger Weblines. Now, hold on tight.?

Spider-Man reached out and wrapped one arm around Tahiri?s waist while shooting a webline above them with the other arm. The webline caught a horizontal flagpole about 50 feet directly above them. He pulled them up, and then did a reverse somersault over the flagpole. Then he shot another webline onto the side of an adjacent building and began to swing towards the Parker residence.
    Once they arrive, Spidey knocks on the front door. When Mary Jane comes to the door, Spidey introduces her and Tahiri and then makes an excuse and quickly leaves so he can sneak into the bedroom from the back and change out of his costume. Then he emerges from the bedroom as Peter Parker and introduces himself to Tahiri. Tahiri senses that she has met this man before but she doesn?t know why she feels that way so she decides to ignore it. Afterall, she couldn?t possibly have met him before could she.

10. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    This is great Matt! You're tying the two stories together really well! I have one question..Peter and MJ are married right? So are we gonna see Tahiri come between them? Well whatever. i'm sure it will be great! You write excellently!

EJ

11. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    Great start MW! Keep it going, it's real interesting.

12. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    "This is great Matt! You're tying the two stories together really well! I have one question..Peter and MJ are married right? So are we gonna see Tahiri come between them? Well whatever. i'm sure it will be great! You write excellently!

EJ"

Thanks.

Yes, they are married. They were kind of separated until recently. I'm not sure if it was an official separation but she had left him and went off to Hollywood(she's a model/actress). But she came home in the latest issue of Amazing Spider-Man(#50). She said she had left because she felt with all of his superhero stuff he didn't need her. He said he did because she's what keeps him going.

But to answer your other question, no Tahiri won't be coming between them. She'd actually be kind of young for Peter. I'm not sure about his exact age but he's about 30 now. And he's a teacher so he might view Tahiri as being like one of his students.

13. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    mistryl: Great start MW! Keep it going, it's real interesting.

Thanks. I will.

14. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Chapter 4

Tahiri was awakened by the smell of hot caf. Although she learned that it was called coffee here. MJ had cooked breakfast. Peter had already left for work. MJ said that he was a teacher and had an early morning meeting with a parent. Soon after she had finished eating, Spider-Man arrived to take her to see his friend. He said he was a scientist and an adventurer.

Tahiri: ?So where are we going??

Spider-Man: ?The Baxter Building. The home of the Fantastic Four. Reed and Sue Richards, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm. By the way, Ben may look like a rock monster but he isn?t so don?t try to decapitate him or anything.?

?I would never assume someone was a monster based on their outward appearance?, Tahiri protested.

Spider-Man: ?I?m not saying you would. I just wanted you to have an advanced warning before you meet him. Ben is used to people taking one look at him and assuming he?s a monster, but as emotionally hurtful as that is those people are generally harmless.?

Tahiri: ?So is Ben the genius you told me about??

Spider-Man: ?No. Ben is the Muscle of the group. Reed is the Brain.?

Tahiri: ?What about the other two? What are they??

Spider-Man: ?Well, Sue is the hot blonde invisible chick and Johnny is the hothead blonde flame boy.?

Tahiri: ?How can she be hot if she?s invisible??

Spider-Man: ?Well she?s not invisible all the time. But seriously she would be like the Heart and Johnny is the?uh?I don?t know what he is. The youthful spirit maybe.?

When Spider-Man and Tahiri arrived at the Baxter Building they were met by Ben Grimm aka The Thing.

Ben: ?Hey Spidey. Who?s the chick??

Spider-Man: ?She?s a Jedi Knight. Tahiri Veila meet Ben Grimm.?

Ben: ?Yeah right! And I?m a Texas Ranger.?

Spider-Man: ?No seriously. She is a Jedi.?

Ben: ?Hey Suzie! Ol Webhead is here and he?s off his rocker!?

Spider-Man: ?I?m not crazy Ben.?

Ben: ?If she?s a Jedi how come she ain?t wearing one of them fancy smancy Jedi Robes??

Tahiri: ?Jedi of my era don?t always wear robes.?

Spider-Man: ?Besides she showed up here in her underwear.?

Tahiri punched Spider-Man in the arm.

Tahiri: ?You don?t have to tell everybody that.?

Spider-Man: ?I haven?t told everybody.?

Sue: ?What haven?t you told everybody??

Ben: ?That she?s a Jedi named Tahiri Veila and she came to Earth in her underwear.?

Sue: ?Hello Tahiri. What?s this about Spidey??

Spider-Man: ?As I was telling Ben, Tahiri is a Jedi Knight. Somehow she was transported here. I thought Reed might be able to figure out how it happened and how to send her back to her own universe.?

Ben: ?I told you he was crazy.?

Sue: ?Hush Ben. Don?t mind him Tahiri. He?s really got a heart of gold under that rough exterior. I?m sure Reed can help.?

Just then Johnny Storm walks in.

Johnny: ?Hey Spi??

He stops when he notices Tahiri.

Johnny: ?Who might this be??

Tahiri: ?I?m Tahiri Veila.?

Johnny: ?Hello Tahiri. I?m Johnny Storm. Pleased to meet you.?

He takes her hand and kisses it.

Ben: ?Ah. For the love of??

Tahiri: ?Spidey, you didn?t tell me Johnny was so charming.?

Ben: ?Him!? Charming??

Johnny: ?You?re just jealous.?

Ben: "Why you little--"

Sue: ?That?s enough boys. Let?s go find Reed.?

15. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    love that one as well ^_^ the memories of the saterday mornign cartoons are coming back to me...my fantastic four and spiderman ear was when my borhters were home 8-} they're all gone now so I'm forgetting alont but I think I still remember who everyone is :D

EJ

16. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    "love that one as well ^_^ the memories of the saterday mornign cartoons are coming back to me...my fantastic four and spiderman ear was when my borhters were home they're all gone now so I'm forgetting alont but I think I still remember who everyone is

EJ"

My memories of the Fantastic Four cartoons I saw when I was a kid are also very vague. Although I've been watching the 60s series on Cartoon Network recently.

Most of my Fantastic Four knowledge is from reading their comic(which I've only started to do relatively recently like in the past couple of years) and from stuff I've read online about their history.

BTW, the director of Bring It One Peyton Reed is signed on to direct a live action Fantastic Four movie for Fox. It's currently scheduled for a late 2004 release.

SHC's WWICT Spider-Man Bio

That's a very brief bio for Spidey. It's at a site called superherochat. I do all of the Star Wars bios there.

There will be more story soon.

17. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Sweet. Great Job, this coming from a Marvel freak. I look forward to the rest (and everyone, keep your eyes open for a SW / XMen story, by Jedi_Liz and myself (although it wont come until Lightswords of Fury is complete))

18. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Thanks Corran.

And I'll look out for your Star Wars/X-Men story.

19. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
  20. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
  21. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Thanks for the up.

22. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Finally, an update.
    -----------------------
    Chapter 5

They found Reed in his lab working on one of his many high-tech gadgets. Spidey explained the situation to him.

Reed: ?That?s fascinating. So you?re from the GFFA.?

Tahiri: ?Yeah. But how did you know about the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances??

Reed: ?I don?t. I was referring to the Galaxy Far Far Away.?

Tahiri: ?The what??

Reed: ?Nevermind. It?s not important.?

Tahiri: ?Can you help me??

Reed: ?I think I can. What we need is an interdimensional interspatial time conveyor.?

Ben: ?Could ya repeat that in English Stretcho??

Spidey: ?He means a time machine that also enables you to travel through space and dimensions.?

Ben: ?Thanks Webhead. How would you like a full time job as the official Fantastic Four Stretcho to English translator??

Spidey: ?No thanks. Fighting supervillains is easier.?

Ben, Johnny, and Sue laugh. Reed clears his throat to regain everyone?s attention.

Reed: ?The good news is I already have such a machine. But the bad news is before we can use the machine to send Tahiri home, we must ascertain the exact location of her home galaxy. Furthermore, we also need to determine precisely when she is from.?

Tahiri: ?When??

Spidey: ?Reed is referring to the phrase ?A Galaxy Far Far Away Long Ago??

Johnny: ?You?ve traveled to the future Babe.?

Tahiri: ?Funny. I would have thought it was the past.?

Reed: ?Well, technically this isn?t your future, but from our frame of reference you are from the distant past.?

?So it?s hopeless?, Tahiri said despondently.

Reed: ?No. I didn?t say that. I believe I can deduce the required information but it will take time.?

Tahiri: ?How much time??

Reed: ?I?m not certain. Perhaps as quickly as a few days or it could take much longer.?

Tahiri: ?So in the meantime, I?m stuck here.?

Johnny: ?New York City isn?t such a bad place to be stuck. I can give you the grand tour.?

Tahiri: ?Ok.?

Johnny and Tahiri leave together. Reed starts working on figuring out the solution to the problem.

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    phew........all caught up now....this is excellent......I've watched a few episodes of Fantastic 4 on the Boomerang network......interesting show and nice twist bringing them in..... :)

4 fics read, only one zillion to go....... :p

24. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    I loved the lines about "a galexy far, far away..." [face_laugh] Great chapter Matt! i can't wait for more!

EJ

25. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    phew........all caught up now....this is excellent......I've watched a few episodes of Fantastic 4 on the Boomerang network......interesting show and nice twist bringing them in.....

Thanks. I got the idea of bringing them in when I was wondering how she could get home. Dr. Richards came to mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.