main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "A Teacher.... in need of a lesson"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kel_El, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kel_El

Kel_El Jedi Master

Jan 23, 2004
    Hi, a friend of mine told me to try my hand on these boards. He said there would have a lot of constructive advice. Now I would never call myself a good writer... Just a fan of star wars.

This it a little something I wrote a while back.

Hope you like.

?Good teaching isn't about technique. I've asked students around the country to describe their good teachers to me. Some of them describe people who lecture all the time, some of them describe people who do little other than facilitate group process, and others describe everything in between. But all of them describe people who have some sort of connective capacity, who connect themselves to their students, their students to each other, and everyone to the subject being studied.?

My internal clock woke me up and I could already hear Kul?s morning rituals. Val was checking his gear and cleaning his teeth at the same time. Rendin was in the sonic shower. Wait, why was Rendin in our shower? Didn?t he have a room? Domestic problems perhaps.

When the room was clear, I took a look at myself in the washroom mirror. My beard was starting to grow in thick. I grabbed for a shaver and took one last look in the mirror. ?Well, your not getting any younger.? I shaved. Figured I should appear more professional if im going to teach these young-lings. We had a brief discussion about our dreams and agreed to address them in a meeting with Grand Master Luke. We departed to our own morning sessions.

I took a walk around the grounds and found myself in the mat room. I slipped off my shoes and started stretching. A good sweat was just the thing before breakfast (One should always be careful of what one wish for). When I turned left to address a calf muscle, I was facing the sturdy legs of a young woman. I looked up to find that they were attached to Knight Sasha Helin
    ?Good morning? I said offering up a hand. She pulled me to my feet.

?How have you been??

?I?ve been fine? she answered twirling her elongated light saber. I could sense the mischievous nature through her dark eyes.

?Care to practice this morning.?

I smiled at her and said ?Of course.?

We took our places on the mat and set. She was fast. Too fast and her first strike caught me off guard. With a true sportsmanship nature she offered me another try. I accepted. With hast I went in for the attack but sent my blade flying in the other direction. I stood there looking at my empty hand while she rolled her eyes and giggled.

?Are you playing with me?? she accused.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked as innocent as possible.

?Me? Play??

We danced in a circle, each feeling the other out. I took in every fiber of her nature. Her steps dictating my own and vice versa. Blades hissing as they touched, dancing in unison. My eyes centered on her mid section. The very heart of her soul. She ceased to be a Knight, a woman, a JEDI. She crystalized into an opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.