1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Fantasy A Tempest of Fears: A d20 Dungeons & Dragons adventure (Alternate)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Saintheart, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6

    [IMG]

    Ashenport, a fishing town hunched on an ice-white curve of windfrozen shore on the Sword Coast North, is unremarkable.

    Luskan, leagues to the southeast, maintains a considerable militia and the shadowy Arcane Brotherhood to defend its walls. Ten-Towns, far and northeast, is a respite for renegades of all kinds, and a hard survivor because of it. Neverwinter, to the south, has the ill legends of Neverwinter Wood to guard it from the depredations of tribes of orc, hobgoblin, and bugbears that boil like plagues of bloody locusts from the Spine of the World.

    A settlement on the Sword Coast must be hard, well-resourced, and well-defended, in order to endure on this frontier. The towns and cities of the Sword Coast are so. One and all are remarkable.

    Ashenport, a fishing town standing on an ice-white curve of windfrozen shore on the Sword Coast North, is unremarkable.
    Last edited by Saintheart, Sep 3, 2012
  2. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    Character Sheets

    Name: Trava Fringold
    Race: Dwarf (SeaCliff)
    Class: Cleric 6
    Hit Dice: 6d8+18 = (3x8)+3 + 5x6 + 5x3 = 72 hitpoints

    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20 feet

    AC: 10 + 8 (Armor Bonus) +1 (Enhancement) = 19
    Touch AC: 10
    Flat-Footed AC: 19

    Base Attack: +4
    Ranged Attack: +4
    Melee attack bonus: +7
    Grapple: +7
    Attacks:
    Greataxe +10 (NB Incorporates at least a +1 from Knowledge Devotion)
    Damage: 1d12+5 /x3 NB: If Power Attack used to full extent, 1d12+13. (NB Incorporates at least a +1 from Knowledge Devotion)
    Face/Reach: 5x5, 5 ft
    Special Attacks: Spells, Turn Undead 2/day
    Special Qualities: Seacliff Dwarf qualities
    Saves:
    Fort - 10 +5 [base] +3 [CON] = 18
    Ref - 10 +2 [base] +0 [DEX] = 12
    Will - 10 +5 [base] +5 [WIS] = 20
    +2 racial bonus on saves vs. Poison
    +2 racial bonus on saves vs. Spells and Spell like effects

    Abilities:
    STR 16 (+3); DEX 11 (+0); CON 16 (+3); INT 09 (-1); WIS 20 (+5); CHA 06 (-2)

    Skills: 4 + Int = 3 base.
    Athletics: 9 (Level +3) +3 (STR) -6 (Armor Check Penalty) = +6 (+8 for swim checks)
    Perception: 9 (Level +3) +5 (WIS) = +14
    Knowledge (The Planes): 9 (Level +3) +5 (WIS) = +14

    Feats:
    Power Attack: subtract up to your Base Attack Bonus, double it, and add it to your damage roll.
    Create Magic Item: If you satisfy the prerequisites for a magic item, you can make it.
    Ancestral Knowledge: Add WIS modifier to Knowledge rolls instead of INT.
    Extend Spell: Burn a spell slot one level higher; your selected spell lasts twice as long.
    Protection Devotion: 2/day, gain a +2 sacred bonus to AC to yourself and all allies within 30 feet of you.
    Martial Weapon Proficiency: Axes
    Weapon Focus: Axes: +1 to attack rolls with axes.
    Knowledge Devotion: at the opening of combat, roll a Knowledge check. Depending on the check result, gain an insight bonus to attack and damage according to the following table:
    Check Result -- Bonus to attack and damage
    15 or below -- +1
    16–25 -- +2
    26–30 -- +3
    31–35 -- +4
    36 or higher -- +5

    Languages: Dwarven, Common, Aquan, Celestial
    Alignment:NG
    Deity: Dumathoin
    Domains: Knowledge, Dwarf
    Gender:Female
    Age:60
    Height:4'7"
    Weight:100 lbs
    Appearance: Dark brown hair, upbraided which hangs down to her back. Sharp green eyes, a bit of a round face. No beard, but long sideburns which she ties to the front of her chin held together by a small Amethyst stone bead, which makes it look like a beard at first glance, or those not playing close attention. DEFINITELY Female shape.
    Personality: Trava does not do much speaking, but she appreciates a good tale, as much as she appreciates a good brew. Almost. She can be convinced to speak more, if needed, or she is around a group she feels comfortable speaking with. But she is most content to sit back and listen to those around her, while sipping on ale... or Dwarven Tea, when she is traveling.

    Biography: Trava has admired the ocean almost as long as she could remember. Thought not a true saltbeard, she has traveled once a short distance on a ship, when visiting another clan of seacliff dwarves. Born the only daughter with 8 brothers around, she was always listening to the stories her brothers told her, when they went to work deep within the Oerth, and brought back interesting gems and tales. Many of her brothers became guardians, watching for the safety of the clan, like her parents, and one even is working on learning some sort of magics. But her parents were rather surprised when she felt the calling to become a cleric. They tried to talk her from it, but she was rather steadfast..or stubborn, as her mother would say, so she was allowed to train.

    Now, Trava has left her clan, as she feels another strong pull for her to begin her own travels, while she is in service to her deity, Dumathoin. She enjoys the solitude her traveling requires, because that only means that she appreciates company even more, when it is available. And since he Keeper of Secrets does not speak, it is up to her to be his voice when needed, and to pass on knowledge of him to others, especially to those who would work within his domain. She has learned to appreciate various things many take for granted... like weather, for example.
    Within the high walls, cliffs and underground passages of her home, it is quite different than it is traveling about with the long legs. She goes where she is needed, and she lets her weapons speak for her.

    Spells per day:
    At will / 5+1(domain)/ 4+1(domain)/ 3+1(domain)
    Domain Spells: (Knowledge, Metal)
    Knowledge domain: Detect Secret Doors, Detect Thoughts, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
    Metal domain: Magic Weapon, Heat Metal, Keen Edge
    Cleric 6. Spell Attack Roll: 1d20+6
    Level 1:
    Level 2:
    Level 3:crown of might,

    Equipment:
    Full Plate +1 of Easy Travel (3,000 gp) 50lbs
    --Restful Crystal (500 gp): sleep in armor without penalty
    Greataxe +1 (2,000 gp) 12lbs
    Holy Symbol silver (25gp) (Silver pick)
    Crossbow (L) 1d8/19-20X2 (35gp) 4 lbs
    Bolts 10 (1gp) 1 lb
    Dagger 1d4+3/19-20/X2 (2gp) 1 lb
    Periapt of Wisdom +2 (4,000 gp)
    68lbs total

    In Handy Haversack (2,000) 5 lbs-
    Healing Belt (750 gp)
    2 wks rations 5sp 1lb
    waterskin 1gp 4lbs
    Flint & Steel 1gp
    artisan’s tools 5gp 5lbs
    2 Candles 2 cp
    2 scroll
    ink 8gp
    inkpen 1sp
    soap 5sp
    oil 1sp 1lb
    sewing needle 5sp
    sealing wax 1gp
    latern 1sp 1lb
    Rope 50' 1gp 10lb
    fishing hook 1sp
    Grappling Hook 1gp 4lbs
    bed roll 2sp 5 lb
    Small tent 10gp 20lb
    blanket (Winter) 5 sp 3lb
    1 scroll case 1gp 1/2 lb
    2 belt pouch 1gp
    2 bags
    Small kettle (pot) 5sp 10lb
    Tea
    Cloak

    total=68 lbs
    Cash: 1158gp

    Name: Korianton “Kori”
    Race: Human
    Class: Sorcerer 5 / Sand Shaper 1
    Hit Dice: d4/d6
    Hit Points:40 {5d4+1d6 [12(d4 * 3) + 12(3 * 4) + 4(4 * 1) + 12(6 * 2)]}

    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30

    AC: 13 (10 + 2 [DEX bonus]+ 1 [Ring of Protection])
    Touch AC: 13 (10 + 2 [DEX bonus] + 1 [Ring of Protection])
    Flat-Footed AC:11 (10 + 1 [Ring of Protection])

    Base Attack: + 2
    Grapple: + 3
    Attacks: + 2
    Damage:1d3 + 1 nonlethal (unarmed strike)
    Face/Reach: 5 x 5, 5 ft
    Special Attacks: Spells
    Special Qualities: Dust Magic, if carrying dust, + 1 CL
    Saves:
    Fort: 14 = 10 + 1 (base) + 2 (STR) + 1 (Cloak)
    Ref: 14 = 10 + 1 (base) + 3 (DEX) + 1(Cloak)
    Will: 23 = 10 + 6 (base) + 6 (CHA) + 1(Cloak)

    Abilities:
    STR: 13 (+1)
    DEX: 15 (+2)
    CON: 15 (+2)
    INT: 16 (+3)
    WIS: 12 (+1)
    CHA: 23 (+6)

    Str- 13, Dex - 15, Con - 15, Int - 16, Wis - 12, Cha - 23(17 + 2 + 2 +2)

    Skills:
    Deception: + 19 {9 (Level + 3) + 6 (CHA) + 3 (Snake Familiar) + 1 (insight, City of Death)} Knowledge (arcana): + 12 {9 (Level +3) +3 (INT)}
    Knowledge (local wasteland region): + 12 {9 (Level +3) +3 (INT)}
    Knowledge (nature): + 12 {9 (Level +3) +3 (INT)}
    Spellcraft: + 16 {9 (Level +3) +6 (CHA) +1 (insight, City of Death)}
    Survival: + 10 {9 (Level +3) +1 (WIS)}
    Use Magic Device: + 16 {9(Level +3) +6 (CHA) +1 (insight, City of Death)}

    Feats:
    Arcane Thesis (desiccate): casting Desiccate, + 2 to CL.
    Drift Magic: + 1 ECL to Desiccate or [Earth] spells, if casting time is no more than 1 standard action.
    Greater Spell Penetration: + 4 to CL checks to penetrate Spell Resistance.
    Heighten Spell: Cast Spells as a Higher Level
    Spell Penetration: +2 to CL checks to penetrate Spell Resistance (stacks with other feats.)
    Touchstone (City of Death): grants two abilities, not visited
    • +1 insight bonus to CHA-based checks.
    • +1 to CL checks to overcome Spell Resistance.
    Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven, Midani
    Alignment: LN
    Deity: Kelemvor
    Gender: M
    Age: 27
    Height: 5’ 10”
    Weight: 145 lbs

    Equipment:
    • Cloak of Charisma +2 (4,000 gp, 1 lb)
    • Vest of Resistance +1 (1,000 gp)
    • Ring of Protection +1 (2,000 gp)
    • Healing Belt (750 gp, 1 lb)
    • Touchstone Key: City of Death
    • Quarterstaff {1d6/1d6, x 2, B} (4 lbs.)
    • Sling {1d4, x 2, 50 ft, B}
    • Bullets x 30 (3 sp, 15 lbs)
    • Flint and Steel (1 gp)
    • Spyglass (1,000 gp)
    • A cured leather bracer, serving only as a focus for Mage Armor
    • Earring made of a piece of copper wire
    • Bag of holding (2,500 gp, 15 lbs)
      • 230 pounds of sand
    • Cask, 3 gallon, stoppered (22 lbs)
      • 20 pounds of sand
    • Camel (75 gp)
      • Bedroll (1 sp, 5 lbs.)
      • 4 Clay Jugs: Water (12 cp, 36 lbs.)
      • Tent: Bedine Style (10 gp, 20 lbs.)
    • 2162 gp
    Familiar:
    Size/Type: Tiny Animal
    Hit Dice: ¼ d8 (1 hp)
    Initiative: + 7
    Speed: 15 ft. (3 squares), climb 15 ft., swim 15 ft.
    Armor Class: 20 (+ 2 size, + 3 Dex, + 5 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: + 0/- 11
    Attack: Bite + 5 melee (1 plus poison)
    Full Attack: Bite + 5 melee (1 plus poison)
    Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Poison
    Special Qualities: Scent, Share Spells, Deliver Touch Attacks, Speak with Master
    Saves: Fort 12, Ref 17, Will 11
    Abilities: Str 4, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 2
    Skills: Balance + 11, Climb + 11, Hide + 15, Listen + 6, Spot + 6, Swim + 5
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse, Improved Evasion, Alertness

    Weight: 58 lbs, camel: 61 lbs

    Appearance:Clothing is standard fair, really. Though he prefers clothing from his desert homeland, he adopts whatever clothing best fits in, as he is currently wandering outside his homeland. He has dark hair, and his skin is perpetually tanned. He’s not ugly, nor excessively handsome. He can always be found with a cask on his person, and his gnarled, sunbleached staff.
    Personality: He lives devoutly by the dictations of Kelemvor, honoring death as a just and fair thing. He is prone to helping others should he feel that their deaths are being hastened, yet he has no problems hastening someone’s death should he feel it is right or warranted. He tends to be rather talkative, if the mood strikes him, and he is a charismatic young man. However, he’s also lead a very solitary life, and on occasion that shows through. He is extremely superstitious about his cask of sand, treating it as almost holy. Not the sand itself, per se, but what it represents.
    Biography: The southern deserts of Anauroch were a rough home for Kori. Though he has no recollection of the people he used to belong to, he knows that they killed his parents and would have him were he not to escape. Since those days, he survived, somehow, in The Sword. As he grew, he learned to survive in the harsh deserts. With his age, came mastery over his magic.

    Aside from the dangers posed by the great desert, Kori had to be mindful of the other inhabitants that shared his home. His lifestyle was nomadic, roaming to and fro while staying out of reach of all those who despised magic. In recent years he followed the path of a sand shaper, learning the ways of the magic found in the desolate wastes about him. However, he was forced to leave his homeland by a rival sand shaper--more powerful than Korianton. He has been roaming the world since.

    Familiar:Snake (Tiny Viper)
    Spells Per Day:At Will / 8 / 6

    Spells Known:
    Cantrips
    • Arcane Mark
    • Caltrops
    • Detect Magic
    • Light
    • Mending
    • Message
    1st Level
    • Magic Missile
    • Mage Armor
    • Color Spray
    • Silent Image
      • Bear’s Endurance
      • Bull’s Strength
      • Cat’s Grace
      • Endure Elements
      • Parching Touch
      • Speak With Animals
      • Summon Desert Ally I
    2nd Level
    • Wings of Cover
    • Desiccate
      • Eagle’s Splendor
      • Fox’s Cunning
      • Heat Metal
      • Owl’s Wisdom
      • Resist Energy
      • Summon Desert Ally II
      • Summon Swarm
    Name: Ne’tar
    Race: Half-orc
    Class: Barbarian 6
    Hit Dice: 6d12+CON = 36 + 45 + 18 = 99 hitpoints (While raging: 117 hitpoints).
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30 feet (Fast Movement traded out)
    AC: 16 = 10 + 1 [DEX] + 5 [Mithral Chain Shirt +1]
    Touch AC: 11 = 10 + 1 [DEX]
    Flat-Footed AC: 16 = 10 + 1 [DEX] + 5 [Mithral Chain Shirt +1]
    AC while Charging with Power Attack: 6 = 10 + DEX + Mithral Chain Shirt +1 -4 (charge) -6 (Power Attack)
    AC while Raging, Charging, and Power Attack: 2 = 10 + DEX + Mithral Chain Shirt +1 -4 (charge) -6 (Power Attack) -4 (Rage AC)
    Base Attack Bonus (BAB): +6/+1
    Grapple: +11
    Attacks:
    +1 valorous falchion as follows (BAB + STR + Weapon Enhancement + Charging if applicable):
    Not raging or charging: +12/+7 If Power Attacking: +6/+1
    Not raging, charging: +16/+11
    Raging, but not charging: +15/+10 If Power Attacking: +9/+4
    Raging and charging: +19/+14
    Damage:
    No Raging, No Power Attack: 2d4+8/18-20 x2 (Doubled if charging)
    No Raging, Power Attack only: 2d4+19/18-20 x2
    No Raging, Power Attack and Leap Attack: 4d8+52 /18-20 x2
    Raging, No Power Attack: 2d4+13/18-20 x2 (Doubled if charging)
    Raging and Power Attack only: 2d4+24/18-20 x2
    Raging and Power Attack and Leap Attack: 4d8+60 /18-20 x2
    Face/Reach: 5x5, 5 ft
    Special Attacks: Power Attack, Bull Rush.
    Special Qualities:
    --Rage 2/day: +6 to STR and CON; -4 to AC; +2 to Will saves, for 6 rounds. After raging, fatigued: -2 to STR and DEX, can't charge or run for rest of encounter.
    --Lion Totem Barbarian: Obtains Pounce (MM 313) as ability, i.e. can make a full attack following a charge.
    --Half-orc Barbarian: on charge, standard bonuses are replaced with -4 to AC, +4 to attack roll
    --Trap Sense +2: +2 to Reflex saves against traps
    --Uncanny Dodge: DEX bonus to AC remains even if flat-footed.
    Saves:
    Fort 21 = 10 + 5 [base] +5 [STR] +1 [Cloak] (24 while Raging)
    Ref 14 = 10 + 2 [base] +1 [DEX] +1 [Cloak] (16 vs. traps)
    Will 14 = 10 + 2 [base] +1 [WIS] +1 [Cloak] (16 while Raging)
    Abilities: STR 20 (+5), DEX 13 (+1), CON 16 (+3), INT 11 (+0), WIS 13 (+1), CHA 5 (-3)
    Skills:
    Athletics: (Level +3) + (STR) = 9 + 5 = +14 (Raging: +17)
    Acrobatics: (Level +3) + (DEX) = 9 + 1 = +10
    Perception: (Level +3) + (INT) = 9 + 0 = +9
    Linguistics: (Level +3) + (INT) = 9 + 0 = +9
    Feats:
    - Power Attack: subtract 6 from your attack roll, add 12 points to your damage roll.
    - Improved Bull Rush: +4 to bull rush attempts
    - Leap Attack: if you charge and make a 10 foot jump as part of the move, add another 6 points to your damage roll.
    - Reckless Rage: Additional +2 to STR, CON on raging; additional -2 to AC
    - Shock Trooper: Use any of the following tactical maneuvers.
    -- Heedless Charge: switch your attack roll penalty in Power Attack to AC if you charge and use Power Attack.
    -- Domino Rush: If you bull rush an opponent into another opponent's square, you make a free trip attempt against both.
    -- Directed Bull Rush: If you make a successful bull rush, for every square you push the opponent back you can also push them one square left or right.
    Languages: Common, Orc, Draconic, Bedine
    Alignment: Good Neutral
    Deity: At’ar
    Gender: Male
    Age: 28
    Height: 6’
    Weight: 220lbs
    Equipment:
    13,500 gp
    8,000 - +1 Valorous Falchion
    2,100 - +1 Mithral Shirt
    750 - Healing Belt
    500 - Armor Crystal (Least Crystal of Adaptation) -- Endure Elements always on.
    300 - Weapon Crystal (Least Crystal of Return) -- may draw weapon as free action.
    1,000 - Cloak of Resistance +1
    grapple hook, 100ft silk rope, crowbar, 2 waterskins, whet stone, magnifying glass, flint & steel, a thunderstone as a last ditch hold-out, chalk - lots a chalk, bedroll, backpack, and a winter rated blanket, oil, three alchemists fire flasks, 100 parchment, ink and pen, belt pouch, couple antitoxin, and signal whistle
    Liquid Sunlight
    Tanglefoot Bags (2)
    Weight: 73.5lbs
    Personality: He lives loosely by the rules of his parent, At’ar, and tribe, following this basic tenet above all others: You will do what you have to to survive, and so shall I. Thus is his actions begotten largely, although he does have a softer side that he keeps under wraps trying to not openly let it show. What largely shows though, serving as the wrapper of his softer core, is the fact that he has had a rough life. Being a child of the desert, a half breed, and growing up with all the disadvantages possible to a young warrior he has had to rely on himself and his own strength too often to let his guard down against even those that present as friends. The few magic imbued items he has he keeps concealed, a source of shame despite their need to survive in these strange lands.
    Biography: In the middle desert of Anauroch were a parched and trying existence for Ne’tar. Although his mother did not want him to know, it was quickly made clear in his earliest memories that he was not like the rest of the tribe. He was different in almost every way, and his treatment by them he felt reflected it. Unlike some half-orcs that he later learned of, he was what for an Bedine was a Mother’s child as he stayed largely near her unless ordered by elder males or the sheik to other duties.



    His mother died taken by At’ar, when he was just becoming a man, she died from a raiding party the tribe fought off. For several years he stayed with them despite his feelings of inadequacy and seperation. Until one day, selling his mother’s camels, and taking a heavy load he left with the Zhentarim merchants, leaving the Sword behind. It was by surprise and gleanings of their written words they left unthinking of his intelligence that he inferred they had not good intent, which lead him to slay them once the green lands were in sight during the night. He took what valuables he found useful and embarked on a new life in the Lands of Many, Many Men and Savage Beasts. Here he could find honor, wealth, and perhaps someday, answers to his own existence that his mother would not, or could share before she was taken.


    Caela "Evendim" Wetheril Race: Moon Elf
    Class: Rogue 3/Swashbuckler 3
    Hit Dice: 3d6 + 3d10 + CON = 62 hitpoints

    Initiative: +5 (DEX)
    Speed: 30 feet (6 squares)

    AC: 21 = 10 + 5 (DEX) + 5 (Mithral Blueshine Chain Shirt +1) +1 (Dodge Bonus)
    Touch AC: 16 = 10 + 5 (DEX) +1 (Dodge Bonus)
    Flat-Footed AC: 15 = 10 + 5 (Mithral Blueshine Chain Shirt +1)

    Base Attack: +5
    Grapple: +4
    Attacks:
    If attacking with both weapons: +5 [BAB] +5 [DEX] +1 [Weapon] -2 [TWF] = +9/+9
    If attacking only with one weapon: +11
    Damage:
    -- +1 thinblade: 1d8+4/18-20 x2+3d6+6
    -- +1 lightblade: 1d6+4/18-20 x2+3d6+6
    -- NB: If opponent is flanked or denied DEX to AC, add +3d6+6 damage.
    -- NB: Sudden Stunning weapons: if you make a successful melee attack, 2/day per weapon you may roll 1d20+5 vs. an opponent's Reflex to stun them.
    Face/Reach: 5x5, 5 ft
    Special Attacks:
    -- Sneak attack +3d6
    Special Qualities:
    --Rogue:
    -- Evasion: if you succeed on a Reflex save which normally requires half damage, you take no damage instead.
    -- Elven:
    --- Immune to sleep effects.
    --- Low-light vision: can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight
    -- Trapfinding: can search for traps, and disable all traps on skill check
    -- Trap Sense +1: +1 to Reflex saves and AC vs. traps
    -- Insightful Strike: add INT modifier to damage rolls
    --Weapon Finesse: Add DEX to attack rolls with light weapons
    --Grace +1: +1 competence bonus to Reflex saves
    Saves:
    Fortitude: 16 = 10 +4 [Levels] +2 [CON]
    Reflex: 20 = 10 +4 [Levels] +5 [DEX] +1 [Grace] (20 vs. traps) (18 vs. Fear - Craven)
    Will: 14 = 10 +2 [Levels] +2 [CHA]
    (NB: Further +2 if against an enchantment spell or effect)
    Abilities: STR 9 (-1) DEX 20 (+5) CON 14 (+2) INT 18 (+4) WIS 13 (+1) CHA 15 (+2)

    Skills:
    Stealth: +9 (Level +3) +5 [DEX] +2 (Blueshine shirt) = +16
    Thievery: +9 (Level +3) +5 [DEX] +2 (Masterwork Thieves Tools) = +16
    Deception: +9 (Level +3) +2 [CHA] = +11
    Disable Device: +9 (Level +3) +4 [INT] +2 (Masterwork Thieves Tools) = +15
    Perception: +9 (Level +3) +1 [WIS] +2 (Elf) = +12
    Acrobatics: +9 (Level +3) +5 [DEX] = +14
    Athletics: +9 (Level +3) -1 [STR] = +8
    Use Magic Device: +9 (Level +3) +2 [CHA] = +11
    Diplomacy: +9 (Level +3) +2 [CHA]+2 [Synergy from Deception] = +13
    Survival: +9 (Level +3) +1 [WIS] = +10
    Linguistics: +9 (Level =3) +4 [INT] = +13

    Feats:
    --Two-Weapon Fighting: penalties for fighting with two weapons are reduced to -2 on each hand.
    --Daring Outlaw: Sneak Attack, Grace, and Dodge Bonuses are treated as if the character was a Rogue 6 and Swashbuckler 6.
    --Telling Blow: When you make a critical hit, you add sneak attack damage to the damage.
    --Craven: -2 to your Reflex saves, but +6 (Character Level) to your sneak attack damage.
    --Travel Devotion: 1/day, for 1 minute, move up to your ground speed (30 feet) as a swift action.

    Languages: Elven, Common, Dwarven, Deep Speech, Gnome, Chondathon
    Alignment: Neutral-Good
    Deity: Sehanine Moonbow
    Gender: Female
    Age: 126
    Height: 5’5
    Weight: 128 lbs.

    Equipment:
    -Elven thinblade +1
    -- Lesser Crystal of Return: may draw weapon as a free action.
    -- Sudden Stunning: 2/day (CHA/day), you may as a swift action force a target you have made a successful melee attack on to make a Reflex save vs. 1d20+5 (Half level + CHA) or be stunned for 1d4+1 rounds.
    -Elven lightblade +1
    -- Lesser Crystal of Return: may draw weapon as a free action.
    -- Sudden Stunning: 2/day (CHA/day), you may as a swift action force a target you have made a successful melee attack on to make a Reflex save vs. 1d20+5 (Half level + CHA) or be stunned for 1d4+1 rounds.
    - Mithral Blueshine Chain Shirt +1
    - Wand of Lessor Vigor
    - Masterwork Thieves Tools
    - Thunderstones
    - Tanglefoot Bags
    - Everburning Torch
    - grapple hook, 100ft silk rope, crowbar, 2 waterskins, whet stone, magnifying glass, flint & steel, a thunderstone as a last ditch hold-out, chalk, bedroll, backpack, and a winter rated blanket, oil, three alchemists fire flasks, 100 parchment, ink and pen, belt pouch, couple antitoxin, and signal whistle


    Appearance: Her hair is a silvery white, with a few hints of a light blue. It flows down to her shoulders. Her eyes are a dark blue, with a variety of golden flecks in them. Not too tall, and very thin, she can sneak in and out of places with ease.

    Personality: She has a cool, calm temperament that she has practiced and perfected over the years sense her mother’s death. Normally she is quiet, broody, only talking when she sees it fit. But, if someone should ignite the fire underneath her skin, she can change personalities in a second. Angry, loud, and furious, she uses this personality, her real self, during battle, or when personally attacked.

    Biography: Caela Wetheril was the only daughter born to two roaming moon elves. She had an older brother, but he had already moved on from her parents and made another life before she could truly know him. Her mother was a devoted follower to Sehanine Moonbow, and taught Caela daily about her. Caela had dreams as a child of becoming a priestess and devoting herself to Sehanine, but they were halted one cold night. On the outskirts of Waterdeep, as they set up camp for the night, a group of bandits descended upon them. Caela’s father made her and her mother flee, and once they returned, they found the camp burned to the ground, all of their material items stolen. Her father’s corpse wasn’t found, but it could’ve been burned and buried amongst all the ash.

    Caela and her mother traveled into Waterdeep, where her mother tried to convince her to do menial jobs for small pay. They had no money, and her father had been the main food supplier. Add to that her mother’s depression the deepened and deepened over the few years they lived there. Caela made her own money by way of stealing and sneaking around, learning the ways of the streets. When she discovered her mother one morning dead in her cot, a strange liquid oozing from her lips, Caela realized what she had to do to survive. She made her way in the underworld, robbing and stealing, perhaps even killing once or twice. And then, as if by fate or the gift of Sehanine Moonbow, she ended up in Ashenport.
  3. Chukles38 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Korianton
    Truthfully, I forget the name of the Inn, but he's there.

    Korianton had made it to the lower levels and saw no sign of the luscious barmaid, a detail that came as both a relief and a disappointment. Still, his mind didn't linger on that long, for something was wrong. Clearly, some sort of enchantment had been cast over the inn. It took no great amount of thought to come to that conclusion. Several seemed to be out of it though, which was promising, and the young sorcerer began looking around to see what had pulled them from their trance. It was quickly clear it had to do with the efforts of a certain dwarf and half-orc, and Korianton was briefly, though deeply, grateful he had not succumbed to this spell, given their chosen tactic to bring the entranced men back into reality.

    Why, though, had he not succumbed? Was it just a poorly cast spell? Was it a spell at all? The young man began pouring through his memory, trying to identify where he may have seen a spell such as this, all while opening up to the innate sense of the magic within him. Though he didn't understand it, it had rarely let him down in the past.

    TAG: @Ktala , @Mitth_Fisto , @spycoder9 , @Saintheart

    OOC:
    Alright, so I figure he'll roll a spellcraft check. I would roll it myself, but you seem to enjoy it so much Saint. :p

    .... and I'm feeling kinda lazy.
    Last edited by Chukles38, Sep 9, 2012
  4. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    OOC: Spellcraft roll is very high, so the results are as follows...

    For Korianton only (open)
    Kori has, indeed, seen something like this before, albeit in the opposite direction - an intense repulsion rather than a Call, as this. He felt it when he first wrestled for control with the Touchstone Key to the City of Death, when all its power demanded that he cast the Key aside and never return to it. It was like a siren's call in his mind, the compulsion, but with great strength of will, he was able to overcome it and retain it. His companions of the time, by comparison, literally stood up and walked away from the skeleton where he had found it. Only by physically harming or restraining them was he able to rouse them from their strange waking sleep, and this sort of power -- a great magical power -- could not easily be denied.


    And sorry about the delays, guys...how about we move on a bit?

    Korianton, Trava, Caela, Ne'tar

    The Smooth Sailing Inn, Ashenport
    Two hours before dawn, Third of Marpenoth

    Year of Lightning Storms (1368 DR)
    It seemed to work - Ne'tar set about hurling people away from the door, and the strange sleepwalkers did not resist. On the other hand, when Trava and the big half-orc hit them, they seemed to awaken, as if from a long sleep, looking around in utter confusion at their surroundings. It was easy enough work, and over the next three minutes or so they managed to awaken or rouse everyone who walked down towards the doorway, such that most of the inn's patrons were all now down in the common room once more - albeit in far less salutary circumstances than they'd been. And still the Call keened.

    Which left one person, all forgotten: the last one, the one who'd gotten out the door.

    TAG: Ktala, Mitth, spy, Chukles
  5. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Trava Fringold
    The Smooth Sailing Inn, Ashenport - Too bloody early in the Morning...

    Between Trava's chosen tactic, and Ne'tar's work, which Trava was glad to see that he seemed to join right in, in assisting her, it seemed to work. As they hit the others, they seemed to awaken, as if from a long sleep, looking around in utter confusion at their surroundings. It was easy enough work, and over the next three minutes or so they managed to awaken or rouse everyone who walked down towards the doorway, such that most of the inn's patrons were all now down in the common room. And not very happy at that, but considering what was going on, Trava was not worried about that at the moment. She nodded a thanks towards Ne'tar. She would apologize to him later.

    What she did noticed however, was that strange call or sound outside was still going. And she knew that at least one person had gotten out of the door before she had a chance to close it.

    Without saying a word, Trava turned towards the door and opened it, looking out into the darkness. She looked down, looking to see if she could see any tracks or path that would show which way the man had walked, or if there were others outside.

    "Where is that cursed sound coming from!?" Trava growled as she scanned the area, listening for a direction.

    IF Trava could see anything that would lead her to at least a direction, she had a idea for a spell, that might be enough of a distraction to silence the call. But only if she could determine a general direction at least. If she could not determine anything, she would quickly close the door, and lock it for now.



    TAG: Mitth, spy, Chukles, Saintheart
  6. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    Ne'tar
    The Smooth Sailing Inn, Ashenport - Painfully early

    The commotion had finally settled as the physical blows rendered the occupants that were shambling back to consciousness. Standing he made sure his apparrel was in order before grunting with a nod at the female Dwarf he had fought with, Trava he believed. Before belowing out after she had asked where the sound was coming from, "What. Is. Going. On in this drowning land?!"

    Personally he didn't care where it was, he was more concerned with what had caused him to wake up so rudely, and whether or not he could return the favor to it for the rude awakening. Turning his head he scanned the room to make sure all was secure as he awaited an answer, while Trava was looking out the door for whatever her reasons were.

    TAG: Ktala, Spy, Chukles, Saintheart
  7. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Trava Fringold
    The Smooth Sailing Inn, Ashenport - Too bloody early in the Morning...

    As Trava looked out the door, trying to see if she could see the person who had left the inn, or what direction that the sound was coming from, she heard Ne'tar bellow out:

    "What. Is. Going. On in this drowning land?!"

    It made Trava aware that she was only in half armor. But that was not important right now. She scanned the area. She did realize she needed to respond to Ne'tar's question, if for nothing else, to explain why she did .. what she did.

    She turned her head to look at Ne'tar, as her fingers touched her holy symbol. "You hear that sound coming from outside? T'is a calling. It be trying to draw the people outside for some purpose, but I bet it not be a good one. I could'nt stop one person, he made it outside before I could get the door closed."

    Trava closed the door once more. "Sorry, bout earlier, but it was the only way I could stop ye from going outside as well." She then made a grimace. "Are ye wanting to go find out who we should thank for all this?" she asked, as she tucked her holy symbol back within her padding.



    TAG: Mitth, Spy, Chukles, Saintheart
  8. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    Korianton, Trava, Caela, Ne'tar
    The Smooth Sailing Inn, Ashenport
    Two hours before dawn, Third of Marpenoth

    Year of Lightning Storms (1368 DR)
    It took another ten minutes of resistance, but at last, just as imperceptibly as it had come, the sound of the Call faded away -- leaving the contents of the common room to shudder at what had happened to them all. There was a brief silence.

    And then the panic set in, as two dozen people began to argue among themselves:
    Evil -- darkness -- we're doomed -- we have to run -- no, stay here -- what do we do -- we're all going to die --
    It looked as though the place was about to erupt in hysterical violence just as bad as that which they had just defeated.

    TAG: Ktala, Mitth (Chukles, Spy?)
  9. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    Ne'tar
    The Smooth Sailing Inn, Ashenport - Where the reasoning ends.

    Hearing the dwarf's question he stopped to think it over for a moment. Did he really want to run toward trouble in this strange and drowning land? Then the place errupted into chaos and to be honest, with the ache betwixt himself, and the rough night he was having he did not have a nerve left for it. "Everybody Quiete!" he belowed. "Stay and barricade, make a run and hope you are not running towards it, or come with us and try to fight it." With that simple statement he growled before checking his goods and stepping out of the Inn, thereby giving his answer to the dwarf, he was going to find this thing and he was going to kill it. Not for any deep hate, although he figured he could dredge some up easily enough now, but becuase of his vow to hurt whatever had brought the hurt to him.

    So he had promised whether then or now to do, to be the wrath of Ashala.

    TAG: @Ktala, @spycoder9, @Chukles38
  10. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Trava Fringold
    The Smooth Sailing Inn, Ashenport - Well, THIS was fun!

    It was quiet.

    Far too quiet, as everyone in the inn froze, staying very quiet for as long as the strange sound wailed within the woods. After a bit, it slowly began to fade away, like a bad dream. A very disturbed dream. And then, the real fun began as the people, realizing that SOMETHING almost happened to them, began to panic.

    "Evil -- darkness -- we're doomed -- we have to run -- no, stay here -- what do we do -- we're all going to die --"

    One clarion call, replaced with another, this one of panic. Trava had spoken to the orc, but he had not responded yet..not until everyone else started to speak, in panicked voices.

    "Everybody Quiete!" he belowed. "Stay and barricade, make a run and hope you are not running towards it, or come with us and try to fight it."

    He then moved to step outside..but she was still near the doorway. She put up her hand, as she gave a slight smile.

    "Aye! I am glad you are willing....but I would prefer NOT to go out, undressed as I am." she said with a slight smirk, as she pointed to herself. She was NOT wearing the plate she had been earlier. She then turned and looked towards the others in the common area, stepping away from the main door, in case Ne'tar still wanted to walk outside. She spoke towards the others in the common area.

    "Obviously, something one us outside, so it would not be wise to leave. Especially in the darkness. If it was strong enough to do so, it would have come inside for us. So be still." Trava tugged on her 'beard', as she frowned. This place already had an ill taint to it. Perhaps it is why she found herself here? The silent one would lead her steps. With a dark snort, she walked with purpose back towards the staircase. If she was going to fight something, she wanted to be more properly dressed!

    "Any who would follow, be ready quickly." she stated as she headed back to her room, pushing her way past the others with a look. As soon as she made it back to her room, she quickly dressed. Of course, she might be the only one, with perhaps the huge Ne'tar perhaps... She would find out soon enough!

    Once she was dressed she grabbed her battleaxe, and headed back down the stairs, to see what or who would still be there.

    TAG: @Mitth Fisto, @spycoder9, @Chukles38, @Saintheart
  11. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    OOC: Guys, since Chukles and spy aren't around right now, let's continue on the assumption that only Ne'tar and Trava are going ahead with this.
    Ktala likes this.
  12. Chukles38 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Korianton
    Smooth Sailing Inn

    Throughout all the confusion, Korianton found his way to a corner of the common room, where he settled in a chair, feet upon the table. He remained undisturbed as he considered the enchantment going on about him. He certainly recognized the spell, or more accurately, he'd seen similar effects of an enchantment. The dwarf certainly had the right idea, though, and between her efforts and that of the orc, Korianton saw little reason to step in. Still, this sound intrigued him. It was quite powerful, there was little doubt of that. As such, when the orc and dwarf stated they were going to find the source, Korianton deeply considered if he wished to join them.

    The young sorcerer was not a coward, and he was a curious individual as well. Part of him longed to discover what could compel such a large group over such a large distance to obey its whim. Still, Kori was also a cautious individual. Recent years had taught him that charging towards unknown magics could prove fatal. Was he willing to take a risk that, once before, had earned him a limp? A slight hiss from his pocket came as an answer. Kori understood the reproachful tone quite clearly. He also knew that the voice was right. He would go, because in the end, his curiosity was always more powerful a motivator than his sense of caution, especially as far as magic was concerned.

    And so it was, as the two readied to leave, Korianton grabbed his staff from where he had leaned it earlier and stood. He didn't say anything, but he made a point of catching the gaze of both the dwarf and the orc. Now there was just the waiting, for he certainly had no intention of leading this small expedition. He readjusted his gear and leaned up against the wall, waiting for one of them to start out.

    TAG: @Ktala , @Mitth_Fisto , @spycoder9 , @Saintheart

    OOC: Sorry bout the wait. Just a small thing to get stuff rolling. I'll be a little more into the post next one. :)
  13. spycoder9 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 23, 2008
    star 4
    Caela Wetheril
    Smooth Sailing Inn


    Caela watched as the people who had been leaving the inn in a blurry stumble were grabbed by the half-orc and the dwarf, who then tossed them backwards. Caela approached several of them, watching their dull faces fill with life again. Something had overtaken them, something in that chilling wail had possessed them to leave. Now they had been awoken, and most were confused as to what had happened. The wail, over the course of a few minutes as people began to understand what had happened, faded away to nothing.

    And then there was pure panic. All the people in the inn began to ask questions and tremble and consider whether they should leave or hide. Caela herself could see the half-orc - or, rather, hear him - shouting about investigating the strange noise. The dwarf decided to join him, and Caela noticed out of the corner of her eye the human man. . .Korianton, she believed, pick up his staff and ready himself. She herself made a point to head back to her room that she had shared with her bed partner and check to make sure she hadn't left anything behind. Then she entered the main room yet again, and glanced around at everyone standing.

    She eyed the others as she made her way to the doorway. Should she make a point to try and find her midnight love and say goodbye at least?

    She decided not.


    TAG: Chukles, Ktala, Mitth, Saint
  14. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    OOC: Sorry about the delays, all -- busy times all round.

    The party
    Outside the Smooth Sailing Inn, Ashenport
    Two hours before dawn, Third of Marpenoth

    Year of Lightning Storms (1368 DR)

    The loose band of adventurers moved out of the inn and into the howling wind and driving rain of the Ashenport streets. Darkness reigned over the streets; visibility was down to a dozen feet at best, and it was unlikely there'd be a naked flame capable of withstanding the downpour without some sort of magic behind it. Even so, buildings were dimly visible in the predawn darkness; salt-crusted, wooden shapes with windows like black eyes staring down at the group of adventurers. No one on the streets, of course; no one was insane enough to be out in total darkness, it seemed.

    Ashenport lay before the adventurers.

    [IMG]

    Map Key (open)
    1. A large building which has the look of a tavern or inn.
    1a. Stables – which contribute to the look of the large building as a tavern or inn.
    2. What appears to be a shop among other shops, but with recently-whitewashed walls.
    3. Another shop, though the downward-pointed horseshoe on its gable suggests a blacksmith.
    4. A thick copse of trees, a good 75 feet across.
    5. A large stone building which looks like some kind of town hall.
    6. A squat building of dull, filthy stone. Its function isn’t discernible at the moment.
    7. The docks of Ashenport.
    8. From the smell alone, this would have to be a tannery – the stench of tanning chemicals and dyes lingers on the air, even at this distance.
    9. A grain mill.
    10. A fine-looking house, clearly a residence of someone wealthy.
    11. A church, set on a hill above the town to the northwest. Exactly which god it is devoted to is difficult to tell at the moment, though the architecture might reveal something of that.
    11a. A small residence – probably that of the local priest, given it’s on the same hill as the church.
    11b. A cemetery.


    TAG: @spycoder9 @Ktala @Mitth_Fisto @Chukles38

    OOC: So, what would y'all like to do? It's before dawn. One person at least got out of the inn before you slammed the doors. It might be you'd like to find where they went...or perhaps not.
  15. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Trava Fringold
    Outside the Smooth Sailing Inn, Ashenport- So, it begins..

    Trava quickly finished getting dressed, and grabbed her battleaxe, even as she gently touched her holy symbol. Something dark was obviously going on within the town, and now it seemed as if they were going to be a party of it, whether they wanted to be or not. Something had made that sound, calling to coax the people of the inn out...

    Trava had a though, as she came down the stairs. She wondered if it was ONLY the people of the inn that had been targeted, or the entire town. If it had been just the inn, that had a darker inclination. Trava walked down the stairs and back into the lobby area. The main door was open, and when Trava stepped out, she was immediately blasted by the howling wind and driving rain of the Ashenport streets.

    "Wonderful." she muttered, as she pulled her poncho around her.

    It was dark. They could barely see a few feet, and the wind was strong enough to take down any candle in the area. But some buildings were visible, but they were entirely alone on the streets. Trava looked at the others who had joined her own the street, along with the Ne'tar. With the heavy rain, it was a long shot, but Trava looked down, as she prayed to the silent one to detect for any magics nearby.

    "Even though it is raining hard, the one who made it out, has not been gone long. Perhaps a few footsteps might still show which way he headed in least..." As Trava looked out towards the streets in front of them. Tromping around in the dark would do no good. She reached into her bag, and pulled out a candle. Whispering a word of prayer to her god, Trava prayed for the spell of light, upon the candle. At least it would give them some sight. True, she would stand out, but they needed to see. Trava began to move, forward. It seemed the most logical direction at the moment, as she waited to see what else Dumathoin might have to show her. She looked to see if there were any open doors or windows about.

    As she walked, Trava spoke once more to the others. "I also think, the Inn was targeted directly." She waited to see if that would get any response, while they searched.


    TAG: @spycoder9 @Mitth_Fisto @Chukles38, @Saintheart
  16. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    OOC: Couple of quick notes:

    (1) Trying to follow tracks unless you have the Track feat is more or less impossible - not to mention it's pouring with rain anyway and you're looking in what amounts to heavy mud. So, no, Trava doesn't see any particular tracks.
    (2) Trava also doesn't sense any magic within the radius of her spell -- other than her companions of course, who are radiating various aurae and Korianton who's basically a geyser of magical power (being, after all, a sorcerer).
    (3) Almost forgot - on the map key, you're all just outside area 1, at the southwest corner of the building. That's the Smooth Sailing Inn.
  17. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    OOC:
    Kinda figured...aint a tracker anyway.. ;)

    Well then..I'll guess she will head straight up the road..toward the funky looking trees then...and do detect evil instead.

    :p
  18. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    OOC: Detect Evil produces a strange result. As in, so strange that Trava has never encountered it before. The presence of evil can be detected within the spell's radius of effect, but no matter how much she concentrates, Trava cannot pinpoint the source. At all.
  19. Chukles38 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Korianton
    Ashenport

    Once the others were ready, Korianton cinched up the several straps of his various packs and moved out the door. Like the dwarf, he took a moment to look around, trying to find signs of... well... anything, though no tracks were readily apparent, and all seemed in order aside from the intense rain. The dwarf set off down the road, and Korianton followed closely.

    "I also think, the Inn was targeted directly."

    "Directly targeted?" The young man raised a brow in question as he considered that. Granted, what he knew of the possible spell was very little indeed. The only time he'd seen something even similar was when he found his Touchstone Key. Still, did a spell of that magnitude truly have such a focused range? And if so, why? What was at the inn worth such measures? He didn't know, and this bothered him. For the briefest of moments, he wondered if they had found him, but quickly wrote that off as paranoia. Such measures were out of the standard operating procedures of his enemies. Such subtly was simply not their style.

    So who, or what then was so powerful to cast such a broad spell? Korianton, who was not weak in magic, was not entirely sure he could have done it. Certainly a deity of some sort, but even that seemed a stretch at the moment. With a sigh of regret, Korianton tossed it from his mind. Until he had more to work with, there simply was no knowing what was going on in this gods forsaken town.

    "I suppose it's always possible. In truth, I know little of this sort of sorcery, and have seen only few spells come even similarly. One thing I am certain of, however, is that whoever cast this is quite powerful, and we should exercise caution should we seek it out."

    TAG: @Ktala , @Mitth_Fisto , @spycoder9 , @Saintheart
  20. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Trava Fringold
    Down the road, Ashenport

    The once so silent traveling companion Trava had met up with before who had introduced himself as Korianton followed closely. When she told him of her thoughts, he seemed curious. She tried to think of such type of spells, but she had never seen something like it before. And what she felt within the area, put her even less more at ease.

    "I suppose it's always possible. In truth, I know little of this sort of sorcery, and have seen only few spells come even similarly. One thing I am certain of, however, is that whoever cast this is quite powerful, and we should exercise caution should we seek it out." Korianton replied. Trava nodded her head in agreement. She then looked out down the road.

    "You notice... no other doors or windows opened so far. I doubt any called would have taken the time to close the doors and windows behind themselves. And even in this much, there should be quite a few tracks, if the others in the town were called out. Even in this watered down much, it should be evident." Trava nodded once more. Aye, an' I agree, it is a powerful spell. I can feel a wrongness of this area... but I cant pinpoint it. It feels very dark here. I just wonder why we were targeted." She wondered what the others who walked with them felt. So far, they were keeping their opinions to themselves.

    Trava kept a watchful eye out for anything is this water induced madness, as those that followed made their way down the street. If nothing out of the ordinary showed up, they might have to wait until morning.

    Would they be that lucky.




    TAG: @Chukles38 , @Mitth_Fisto , @spycoder9 , @Saintheart
  21. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    Ne'tar
    Traveling down the road, Ashenport

    Silence. Why couldn't they proceed in silence? It made little difference most likely if their enemy was as powerful as the dwarf and magic user were hinting at in their overly gilded tongues. It was all a shame to see what these wet drowning land was like, where enemies did not have the decency to even raid in person, but instead did so from afar. No honor.

    Drawing his garment tighter he plodded through the rain and the mud that sucked at his feet, each step a slight motion to literally seperate his shoes from the dirt that cloyed at them. Hopefully someone would be found soon, if only so that he had something else to focus on then this terrible weather.

    TAG: @Chukles38 , @Ktala , @spycoder9 , @Saintheart
  22. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    OOC: Sorry about the loooong delays in update. We're back on.

    The party


    Heading to the centre of town, Ashenport
    Two hours before dawn, Third of Marpenoth

    Year of Lightning Storms (1368 DR)

    The darkness was enough to get lost in. Only shards of lightning, sending splashes of white light across the town, broke the pre-dawn darkness. Mud soaked at their feet as the four adventurers moved up the street towards the centre of town.

    Here, they halted for a moment. The centre of town was occupied by a densely thick copse of trees, and all of the trees seem to be drooping and weeping in the heavy rains. A full seventy-five feet across at a quick, squinting estimate in the darkness, the grove was far too healthy and far too well tended to be mere chance. Clearly, the grove was something the people of Ashenport took very seriously.

    TAG: @Ktala, @Chukles38, @Mitth_Fisto, @spycoder9
  23. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Trava Fringold
    Down the center of town - Way too early in the morning, Ashenport

    The flashing of lighting all around them, was almost welcomed, compared to the overall sense of cloaking of the darkness around her. And for one born within caves, this was saying much. Trava could feel the overall sense of darkness around them, and not all of that feeling came from the simple lack of sun. Even the very ground seemed to try and raise up and grapple with them, as the mud that soaked their feet made dark, slurpy sounds as it held firmly to their feet, trying to nearly pull their boots from their feet. The sound seemed to go with the mood.

    The sudden flash of lighting made her stop, as she noticed something standing in the center of the town. Trava looked up. The center of town was occupied by a densely thick copse of trees, and all of the trees seem to be drooping and weeping in the heavy rains. Trava looked up with a curious look, as she narrowed her eyes. Villages near the open waters didnt usually gave what looked like a grove stuck dead in the center of town. There were already trees that surrounded the town. Why these here. And these trees did not look like the other trees that surrounded the town, she had noted as she had walked into town. They were healthy and strong looking. And they looked - well tended. Perhaps that is how the town stocked in fresh vegetables. Maybe a druid took kindkly to them. Trava frowned. Druids tended to be a bit of a fickle bunch. They changed their attitudes on how they delt with those who had to walk in their forests.

    Trava held up her hand. "Walks careful now, aye. Tis might be a grove. And since we aint seen no other open doors or windows yet, if anyone be in these trees, there might be more wandering these woods than ya normal four footed beasties." Trava stated quietly. Trees. She hoped their was a path in this place. She kept her axe on her back, but her hand on the handle as she slowly started to move forward once more. The road did split off, and seemed to go around the clump of trees. She did not immediately see a path going within. She didnt exactly like the idea of going into the grove in the dark. Unless something told them differently, she would rather wait till morning. Right now, she would continue to walk the main road that ran through the town. Unless something came running at them, or they heard the noise once more, and could pinpoint where it was coming from, it was all she could see to do right now.

    "Unless any of ye gots better ideas, or see sumthin I dont, I will keep to the road." she whispered to them, as she began to take the path to the left, that led around the clump of trees.



    TAG: @Saintheart, @Chukles38, @Mitth_Fisto, @spycoder9
    Last edited by Ktala, Nov 21, 2012
  24. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    Ne'tar
    Walking through deserted drowning streets

    Looking at the grove that loomed before them, he thought for a moment as the small one spoke about what she thought they should do. For once, he agreed with her. It was simply to unnatural to his eyes to move about such a place in the dark, as already the road that sucked and pulled upon his feet made him feel unsure of his footing. How much more so would odd things growing and weaving upon the ground? A death by being clumsy did not appeal to him, so he nodded in agreement as he grunted his acknowledgment.

    Still, before they pick up moving again he kept glancing at the grove, trying to spy for unseen enemies that might use it to ambush them as they walked around it.

    TAG: @Ktala, @Saintheart, @Chukles38 , @spycoder9

    OOC: Attempts roll for perception to study the looks of the grove for danger.
  25. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    OOC: Ne'tar rolls for Perception at 1d20+9 ...

    EDIT:

    Show Spoiler
    Nothing. There was no sign of any movement the barbarian could see, particularly at this lightless hour. On the other hand, no glint of bared steel or snarling face, either. The trees contained no explicit menace to him.
    Saintheart threw 20-faced die for: Ne'tar Perception Total: 8
    Last edited by Saintheart, Nov 25, 2012
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.