main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC A terrible time to not have ear buds

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Does anyone else always end up next to the obnoxious... erm, person at the coffee shop who uses it as their office and then talks as if they want everyone to know how successful and/or busy they are?

Highlights from the man holding court with some people who want to follow him in the attempt to actually become Derek from Step Brothers...

rain maker (yes, he actually said that)

Have you ever played basketball? I wrestled in college (smooth transition to make sure we know he know he has a beast mode)

Incentivized and incentivize in the same sentence

Deep bench, good bench, lot about the bench

Your managent team are your teammates

What I say to boards (as in board of directors of course)

That's it, I'm actually going to the office...

Healer_Leona likes this.
  2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Living this moment LIVE right now on a delayed train. :(

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  3. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    was eating dinner sitting at the bar in a restaurant the other day, listening the dude next to me talking about what a huge sports nerd he is, flirting with the strung out married woman he was with. got angry when the bartender took his 98% miller lite away from him. also he was slamming his palm on the bar like three times a minute. for emphasis.

all i wanted to do was read my damn book in peace.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Derek has a mangina

5. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
  6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Almost every time I'm on the subway.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A silent bus ride at the moment for me... got to treasure that.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I stopped using earbuds about a year ago mainly because they screw up my hearing. I never use my iPod anyway. All the loud banter in public areas is just background noise for me.

9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    GTFO IATI

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

This is the kind of **** I've been witnessing lately. I don't know if it's worse than business bros on their bluetooths, but it's up there.

Chewgumma likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't hear you :(

Healer_Leona likes this.
  12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Yes, if only there was some sort of designated place for people to read books in pleasantness and quietude. Perhaps it could even have a collection of books onsite, so that if anyone should like to get another after finishing their first, it would be easily available. The only employees could be hired to help people find the books they are looking for, even if they are more oriented to a topic than a particular title, and to keep the order of the establishment. What a dream that would be, huh?

I do not see how you have any right complaining when you have went to an alcoholic establishment purporting to read. I was disappointed by the rude glances last time I tried to eat steak inside of a vegan restaurant, too.

Although, to the OP, I am quite impressed that there was something that was so bad it actually made Kiki go to work.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  13. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    jabba wocky do you perform extreme acts of snark in other places, or just on the internet where you can get away with writing long, drawn out essays that would merit a "shut the **** up" in any standard social situation?

please let me know, its a key point in my rebuttal

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rumsmuggler, jp-30, True Sith and 4 others like this.
  14. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Did anyone tell them that they can get a Vaporeon just by evolving an Eevee?

Freakin' casuals.

AllyoftheForce likes this.
  15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    [​IMG]

rumsmuggler and DarthTunick like this.
  16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Darth Guy A huddle of folks disrupted the calm I was enjoying at a bus stop some nights ago with that noise (even though I was listening to stuff on my iPod Classic).. hasn't happened since, though.

17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, all the time. I am stopping myself from wearing headphones / buds etc. because they get constantly tangled and I don't like having to blast music in order to drown out obnoxious people. As much as I still love some old school death metal you can only crank that so loud before your hearing says bye-bye.

So, ear plugs during my commute (also to keep the insanely cold A.C. out of my ears / sinus) and watching movies silently (enjoying foreign films as much as I do helps.) Or just writing, checking emails. Thankfully, most people STHU on the commuter trains now, especially on the way home so it's not too bad.

Also, as I have the option of walking to work once I hit the city, I do that one way every day I can (weather etc. permitting) to avoid the absolute unpleasantness of the subway. If I didn't have to get home at a certain time a few nights a week, I'd avoid the subway all together unless the situation demanded it.

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I did not find it excessive and should like to know what sort of society you are a part of that it should be considered so.

Maybe the type that slums about in alcoholic safe havens when purporting to read.

19. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    "slums."

i'll have you know that i read at only the finest Chili's in town. when i walk in the bartender knows to have my diet coke on deck. she knows i'm about to get down on some chicken enchilada soup and read some classy literature

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  20. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    When I took the bus, there was this overshare lady on the same route, who would tell anyone about her sex life, body changes, psychological problems of her son, shady political stuff, etc. AND she was so loud, you couldn't tune it out. The days I forgot my headphones were THE WORST. :(

So glad I am on the train now. Crazy people are still there but at least I can get up and move to another car if it gets too weird.

21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You just need to live tweet / post these overshared conversations. Comedy gold.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.