main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A TF.N/JC Gathering at Celebration III

Discussion in 'Communications' started by -_-_-_-_-_-, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader666

Vader666 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 3, 2003
    I think C3 is a good place where LFL can capture the TFN staff for all their illicit operations.

I'm just joking. Too bad I have exams at the time.

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I think people will just meet the people they know from differant groups around here.I'm already planning on meeting up with some of my friends. :)

3. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Considering the amount of flame wars that routinely erupt on the boards, it might be wise to have guns on hand. And leave the participants to determine if any of them are actually loaded. 8-}

4. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    SW Fan internet radio show broadcasted live

That must have been JediTalk. They don't do it anymore, but there is a SW internet radio show. SW en direct, we have a show on this sunday night.

5. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Where does everybody stay? Are a lot of JC members living in Indy, and do they have parties, precious? And taters?

Will I be shunned because I don't own any SW outfits? Is it necessary to get one before I go?

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Will I be shunned because I don't own any SW outfits? Is it necessary to get one before I go?

No, but, you might be shunned, but it would be a good idea to make/buy a costume anyways.

I'm coming in Kev-Mas Colcha Jedi Master Costume.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm going to wear my yellow jacket and black pants, and tell people I'm DarthSapient when I get to the TFN booth.

[face_laugh]

I wouldn't recommend posing as any mod at C3... you might find a few disgruntled JCers waiting for you. :D

8. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I mentioned this to some of the EUDF guys already, but I think it would be funny if we all got little name tags and put our screen names on them.

Hello.
    My name is
    JediHobbit

8-}

What?s taters, Preciousss?

9. Vader Fett

Vader Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    if i beat the crap out of another JCer at C3 would i get banned? >:D

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    The policy is that you can't get banned for something you do off the boards. :p

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    What if we provide a running commentary in the RPG forum on a laptop?

12. Vader Fett

Vader Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    so as long as i don't post about it then it's all gravy, right?

13. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Is there going to be remote terminals with instant access to the boards so we dont have withdrawal symptoms while we are off.

14. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    The policy is that you can't get banned for something you do off the boards.

If that isn't the case, then alot of bannings will be handed out once CIII is over.

15. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I think it'd be pretty funny if a fistfight broke out.

16. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    JC issues that happen off-board won't get you banned, but it's my understanding that FF things that happen off-board can get you banned.

17. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    So just make sure the person you're not beating up is a member of any FanForce chapter. Other than that, it's all good.

Incidentally, if you're planning on dressing up like Sapient, I'd suggest something like this.

Darth Sape, innit.

18. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I think it would be cool. There's already going to be another fan force party, but a JC/TFN party would be awesome too.

It would indeed. Most of the people I met at CII from the JC were FF people, but not all. Anyway, it was fun. :)

19. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Party at Ousley's place!

Rock on!

*orders the keg*

This idea sounds like it could be a good idea, but there is also the possiblity of some serious mayhem as well, if people that don't get along end up meeting. :p

20. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    //brings 'protection' [face_mischief]

Too bad it's in Indy again and not Denver. It'd make traveling much easier for me. :p

21. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    JC issues that happen off-board won't get you banned, but it's my understanding that FF things that happen off-board can get you banned.

I was joking but of course!

22. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    but there is also the possiblity of some serious mayhem as well, if people that don't get along end up meeting

But it's strangely therapeutic to solve one's differences with other board members by beating the crap out of them. It also makes for an interesting sideshow.

:D

23. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    what is this "joking" that you speak of? :p

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I mentioned this to some of the EUDF guys already, but I think it would be funny if we all got little name tags and put our screen names on them.

Last time around, a lot of us downloaded a template and made tags with our name and username that we lamenated and attached to our lanyards. It was easy to recognize someone who was from the JC/FF with these tags.

Too bad it's in Indy again and not Denver. It'd make traveling much easier for me.

You should make the roadtrip with is JGM. I'm sure I'll have an extra seat in my car. :)

25. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    Well, being in CA, I'm not sure of the possibility of being there this year. Although the thought of hanging out with Carmie is mighty tempting...

yes katey, carmie is a crazy gal, randomly talking about cheese and such. It's Paul you have to watch out for.

If i Have the money somehow, and someone saves a spot for me in a corner of their hotel room ( in a strictly nonsexual way) then i'd be interested in going to CIII. If i went, it's likely i'd be unfortunate enough to run into some of you fools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.