A TF.N/JC Gathering at Celebration III

Discussion in 'Communications' started by -_-_-_-_-_-, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was talked about over in FFComms so I'll also ask it here:

Is a forum going to be created for C3? It would be nice to have all the information in one tidy little place :)
  2. BOBAFETISH Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I'll be far too busy lifting 12 ounces at a time to go an marvel at all that is Sarlacc.
  3. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I wish I could go to a large JC/TFN gathering, yet as it is I am flying out to Russia with my church. And that alone would suck all the energy from me... :(
  4. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
  5. BOBAFETISH Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Why is a church flying you to Russia in 2005?

6. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Can you buy my ticket as well G-S? :confused: 8-}
  7. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, those pubs better have decent beer. None of that Yank swill, good Aussie brew.
  8. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    They had Fat Tire there last time if I recall correctly. Great brew from Colorado. :D

So would everyone like to see an official JC party set up like the FF one? If so I volunteer to help coordinate.
  9. BOBAFETISH Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My Winnegago will have a keg of American swill in it. The whole thing should smell like a giant beer fart if the trip is succesful.

Dagsy, when are you coming to America? And will you be wielding a giant knife and crocodile boots?
  10. BOBAFETISH Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll buy you several, Sarlacc.. Least I can do after your Iraq trip.
  11. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That reminds me, I'll be 21 by Celebration III so I can hit the bars with the rest of the 21+ JCers.
  12. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Bobafetish- Dude, that is the COOLEST idea ever! You so hafta do the roadtrip documentary, that woudl be awesome. Then upload it so we can all see it!

RMCOY- "It would seem fun to go, but the chances of anyone coming within talking distance of me aren't there."

Dude! I would love to meet you. You're the one who never talks to me, doesn't read my LJ, and always is suddenly busy when I IM you. So it's not that *no one* would want to talk to you, it's apparently the people you want to talk to wouldn't. Or soemthing.

I second the motion for a CE III forum.
  13. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    I think its a good idea so that all the new info and prices can be posted to the forum so that we know what to do. Then we can all post stories after it is over.

I vote for a C3 forum!
  14. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    The "Celebration II forum" was changed into the "Fan Force Conventions Forum" after CII, wasn't it?
  15. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, it need to be changed to a CE III forum now.

//excited

Kinda scary that it's a whole year and a half away still. :p
  16. Darth_Critter Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'm there. I'm gonna save my nickels and dimes from now until then, then charter a greyhound full of other SW nerds from the D/FW (Dallas/ FortWorth) area and show all you folks that things really are bigger in Texas. Especially Sci Fi "Nerds"! :p

The chance to meet Sarlacc alone, will be worth the price of admission. Hey, how much does it cost? [face_mischief]

*Visions of GS siging autographs at TFN table fill my head!* :D

Critter
  17. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nah, I dunno about an autograph, but I would love to meet him and a lot of the JCers and mods. It would be really interesting to see who hits it off with who irl. Like, will it be the same people as online, or will people who never paid any attention to each other on the JC see each other irl and be like instant buds?

18. BOBAFETISH Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Adventuretouring.com has RV rentals for 108 bucks a day if you rent for 3-6 days. 6 days sounds about right, so that's $648. Factor in gas, beer, a place to camp out, there's probably a mileage charge hidden in there somewhere....

I'm figuring if I can get 5 other people, the whole trip will run about 350 a person, not counting what we'd spend in bars and restauraunts. I'm pretty cheap, though, so I'd want to hit Costco for food and stuff before we leave.

Anybody know where I could rent a High-def camera for a week and nor break the bank? Better yet, any aspiring filmakers from the Boston area who enjoy beer and own a camera?

And what route would I take from Boston to Indy, and who lives along that route? I know mapquest will tell me a route, but not THE route that would enable us to stop at JC'ers houses along the way.

I'm getting really excited.

19. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Have you tried asking in the Boston FF board? I bet you could round up some troops pretty fast.
  20. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "I'm getting really excited."

My sentiments exactly :D
  21. Master_Jacen Force Ghost

star 6
    Anybody wanna swing down to florida to pick up a 15 year old? Take me to CIII? I'll pay? Please? You don't have to return me? I can find my own way home. Please?

Damn.
  22. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    There will be a CIII forum alive soon, we are just working out the finer details of it.
  23. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thank you, Obi Anne.

And Grimbly, why can't the JC and FanForce party together??? After all, you are a member of the RMFF!!!
  24. BOBAFETISH Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cool Obi-Anne!

I will start a fan-force thread directing people there with a brief synopsis of the Road-trip Winnebago Star Wars Spectacular(with apologies to Debo)Convention Beer-Swilling Experience.

Not the catchiest title, I know.
  25. BOBAFETISH Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    New wrking titles for the excursion:

A Pilgrimage of Geeks

The Vomitorium Express

The Wagon of Ineptitude

Nerds,Ho!
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.