main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

A TF.N/JC Gathering at Celebration III

Discussion in 'Communications' started by -_-_-_-_-_-, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fite2Unite

Fite2Unite Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Me and several of my "Blue Yoda Society" brothers and sisters have already started planning our gathering at C3. I agree with the notion of creating a C3 forum. It would give every user who plans on attending the celebration, a way to better organize.

Having all JC users meet at specific time/location would be a great boost of recognition for TF.N within the overall Star Wars community as well.

edit: damn outdated posts :p

2. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    for those of you interested, I go to school in Indy. I will have an aprtment next year w/ two buddies and we might be able to be persuaded (read: bribed) to let one or two of you crash with us.

also, for those of you interested, downtown Indy is pretty good. restaurants and bars are pretty numerous and (from my understanding) pretty good. the same goes for the Broadripple area which is only about 15-20 minutes north east of downtown.

oh, and as Sebulba-X stated above, the IndyGo bus system is horrid. you're better off driving around downtown. there's ample parking, but it can get a little pricey.

[hl=darkgreen] What?s taters, Preciousss? [/hl]

3. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    when would the party be? I never even knew about the C2 party or i would have been there.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    The C2 party was in a Hyatt ballroom on Friday night...current plans are for the same.

5. Vader Fett

Vader Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    no cornbread, no PiaS.

6. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    I want to go... :(

7. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Most, if not all, of our FanForce is going, so it'll be nice to see everyone there. There definately needs to be a JC gathering...BYO Flak Jackets.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    And Grimbly, why can't the JC and FanForce party together??? After all, you are a member of the RMFF!!!

Oh they can, and they will. I'm just saying that we should have two parties on two different nights. One primarily for Fan Force and one specifically for TFN/JC in general. I met a lot of Fan Force people at Celebration II, made a lot of new friendships, and put faces to the names of others I've known for years. I'd like to do the same thing at CIII. Besides, two parties are always better than one. ;)

9. Cheri

Cheri Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    Being trapped for days on end with beer drinking Star Wars fans in a Winnebago sounds like a trip from hell. I'd go!

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Damn, I'd be in for bobafetish's nerdtacular road trip. I'll even bring some half-decent beer. Someone just needs to get me a plane ticket there. *Smiles sweetly*

11. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    I may even film this. It'd make either the coolest or most patheticaly funny road trip documentary ever. Who's in?

Genius idea. Starwoids made thousands by simply filming people outside the TPM premiere.

12. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    There definately needs to be a JC gathering...BYO Flak Jackets

And sharpened knives for proper cutting...one musn't forget those.

13. Cheri

Oct 24, 2000
    So even if I stay at a hotel, am I taking it that Boba's nerd bus is the party house?

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I don't care what goes on inside the convention center. But I will not risk life, limb, ridicule, or objects being thrown at me by riding in any vehicle with a Wookie or stormtrooper. I'll take a cab.

15. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    A yellow cab?

du-dum dish!

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Will you be here all week?

17. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Yeah... Try the e-veal.

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Right after I tip my waiter.

19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I plan on living out of my car. :)
    No showers for me.
    You'll have to ignore the bad unbrushed mornin breath.
    [face_devil]

20. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Eeth-my-Koth, I thought I recognized your foul stench. 8-}

21. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  22. Cheri

Oct 24, 2000
    Do we have to get all dressed up in costume? Because I don't think I could take that.

23. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    you don't have to, but I will! :D

24. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    As who may I question? :confused: Anakin?

25. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Oh they can, and they will. I'm just saying that we should have two parties on two different nights. One primarily for Fan Force and one specifically for TFN/JC in general. I met a lot of Fan Force people at Celebration II, made a lot of new friendships, and put faces to the names of others I've known for years. I'd like to do the same thing at CIII. Besides, two parties are always better than one.

I definitely agree. I mean we were at the same party, but a person can't do everything. Better to spread it out. ;)

And this time I will buy FIVE lottery tickets with the five $1s I have, instead of 3 (as I figured I wouldn't win) and then losing Boba Fett's autograph by ONE ticket that would've been mine if I HAD bought 5! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.