main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A theory about Qui-Gon during the Pod Race....

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Spartan, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    I've noticed that toward the end of the Podrace that Qui-Gon closes his eyes and starts to meditate in a way.

Is he helping Anakin calm down?

Is he using the Force to destroy Sebulba's pod?

Is he trying to connect the Force to Anakin?

My opinion is that he's trying to destroy Sebulba's pod. After seeing all the nasty things Sebulba did in the race, Qui-Gon is giving him justice the Jedi way. Also, he's insuring that Anakin becomes free and able to join the Jedi Order.

2. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I dont know about him trying to kill sebulba. I think it was more about teaching watto and the natives about gambling and that it was the wrong thing to do. he was trying to show that gambling was tearing down their world.

3. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    I didn't say killing Sebulba. I said destroying his pod so Anakin could win.

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    He's most likely helping Anakin calm down and focus. It would be against the jedi way to take down Sebulba. that's cheating, and even worse because he's using the force to cheat.

5. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    ThrawnRocks
    He's most likely helping Anakin calm down and focus. It would be against the jedi way to take down Sebulba. that's cheating, and even worse because he's using the force to cheat.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Aye

6. jedi-mudja

jedi-mudja Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I think he's using the Force to help Anakin, to help him see clearer and control his pod better. or, he could use the force to keep the pod on course, and stablise it after it nearly got destroyed mid-race.

7. NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER

NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    i think he may be just watching the pod race :p

8. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    He may be trying to communicate to Anakin through the Force, telling him to stay calm and use the Force or something, similar to what Obi-Wan does to Luke in the Death Star trench, we just don't get to hear it?

9. dee_dee24m

dee_dee24m Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    Probably just doing what we would do - close your eyes and hope for the best outcome.

I'm presuming that influencing an object as complicated as a pod and engines, whilst in motion, at that distance away, would be too difficult for any Jedi. Anakin's use of the Force seems adequate enough for the task at hand, as he proved with his fixing Sebulba's sabotage - and this power of the Force is something Qui Gon has already noted Anakin possessed.

But.... it's a nice theory!... and i'm wondering if any novel/comic/fanfic has elaborated on it...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.