1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Discussion A Theory on the plot of Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by Nick-De-Brouwer, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick-De-Brouwer Jedi Youngling

So, it has been disclosed that Episode VII will take place 30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi. The Yuuzhang Vong War takes place during 25-29 ABY. A year difference seems pretty minute to me, and so, I'm almost sure that it (Episode VII) will revolve around the war. Personally, this doesn't bode well (in my opinion) for the upcoming Episode. A war would be the easiest thing to mess up in a movie, where it could devolve into a cheap and generic ride based on special effects and explosions (not that I'm averse to action). On the other hand, if he (JJ Abrams) avoids the war completely, it will be ridiculous; how can he attempt to portray a Galactic War without actually showing any sequences of its battles? However, if JJ can successfully convey the war without overdoing it, I will give him all the more credit for it. What do you guys think this announcement means to the fate of the film? Does it signify the Yuuzhang Vong's part in the plot entirely and without doubt, or do you think the film will be about something else?
    Last edited by Nick-De-Brouwer, Mar 18, 2014
  2. DarthBreezy Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  3. darklordoftech Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "original story"

Anyway, welcome to TFN.
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Mar 18, 2014
    Dra--- likes this.
  4. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6