main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A thing that has been getting me (and im sure other readers) frustrated

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Alixen, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    (this is not a flame, Just a suggestion)

Iv been reading countless fics on this site and i thinks its a fantastic place filled with talented people, There is just one thing that spoils it.

As a said iv been reading countless fics.

In around 85% of those fics iv found that iv really enjoyed them, got extremly engrossed and into the story 'thinking' that its going to keep going right up till the end/next update and there turns out to be a dissapointment.

These fics do genrally say something like Updated Finally! or Updated 10/9th or something

you end up thinking 'Hmm that means this may be updated soon, I'll read up to the current post'

Then when you get to the end the update either turns out to be from the year before on that date or a message from the auther saying they are stoping it there.

Thats about when i/we sigh with frustration at wasting 1/2/3/4 hours of my/our life reading something that i/we will never know the end of :(.

It is the authers choice of course to stop a fic as it is something they do for fun and not out of 'having to do it'.

But is it too much to ask to save the people who get exited about reading these fics from wasting their time by adding onto the title 'Discontinued' or somehow letting the reader know that it is no longer being continued without them having to get the the end and being dissapointed?

As i said this is not an attack at the authers or anything like that it is a simple plea to the authers to help stop people being dissapointed/upset at wasting there time or never knowing the storys end.

Sorry for the rant, I had to spit this out because i just read 5 of these fics in a row and am feeling quite depressed at wasting the last 7 hours of my life and never knowing what the authers were going to end fics like ;_;

Locked. Please relocate this concern to the thread given below.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I know how you feel. I've had that happen quite often over the years here. Author's always come and go however. We got to get used to that.

If you want to share this a little more with folks and get more feedback, I'll post a link to a good thread where I share my feelings when I'm down about something here. You should go there and try it. It's helpful. :)

link :)

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I think this post would be better in the thread Sara gave. After all, the subjects are related.

Please post your concern there. Thanks :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.