main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Thing Unlooked For. One-shot. Anakin; Obi/Siri.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 16, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: A Thing Unlooked For

Author: Nyota's Heart

Summary and Characters: Obi-Wan/Anakin & Siri -- these are becoming close-knit.

Disclaimer: Borrowing from Disney etc.

AN: A just-because gift for AzureAngel2 -- [:D] [face_batting]

~~~~~

Anakin had been injured on his last mission with Obi-Wan. His master couldn't upbraid him too much. He had been a constant visitor to the Healers' Ward in his padawan/knight days, so much that he practically had a room with his name on it.

Siri came to visit. She cared deeply for the boy who was so eager to please and longed for affection since he had had perforce to break off ties with his mother.

She perched on the edge of his bed and offered him a 4D game-console.

"I know you're eager to be up and out of here." She smiled. "I brought you something to while away the time."

He grinned. "Thanks, Knight Tachi."

She smiled and ruffled his hair. "Siri - when no one is around." She had thought - he might forget and slip and call her by her first name when they were on official business. But then she had decided, probably not, and it was worth the chance.

He gave her a shy smile in return. "Thanks, then, Siri."

Anakin, for his part, figured Siri was there to accidentally run into Obi-Wan. So he was touched she seemed to genuinely care for him as well.

A couple weeks later, after his release from the Ward, Anakin was sparring in the salle with remotes set on medium setting when Obi-Wan and Siri arrived.

Obi-Wan and Siri had met for a talk in the Room of Thousand Fountains.

They had talked about their padawans' progress and steered clear of any personal topics, by sheer force of will.

Obi-Wan grinned. "Anakin wants to move up to the full work-out. But the healers don't want him to push it just yet."

"He's far ahead of their schedule. Just like you always were."

"That's because we can't stand to sit still for more than a minute."

Siri laughed. "That's why you two work so well together."

"I really want to do a good job." Obi-Wan confessed.

Siri clasped his hand. "Is there any doubt that you could? Besides your own skill, you are such a caring person, always have been."

Obi-Wan flushed with pleasure at her compliment.

Her high opinion of him menat more than he could express in words.

After Anakin's session, they all three went to the central plaza and got frozen treats of various sweet flavors.

Anakin licked his clean and smiled. "That was delicious, Master Obi-Wan. We need to get these more often."

Obi-Wan smiled. "That's a plan."

It was a thing unlooked for but undeniable. They all felt at ease and unbreakable bonds of familial affection for one another.

Whether Siri and Obi-Wan officially acknowledged their soul-bond publicly, they would always hold it sacred between the two of them in private.

This was something they talked of long into that night.

"The Jedi rule against attachment. How can love and compassion and loyalty lead to darkness?" Siri said. "It's their polar opposites or their twisted extremes that lead to darkness, not the real things."

"Certainly not what I've felt for you since I was a youngling." He admitted and kissed her gently.

Siri didn't leave until morning... for the first, not the last, time.

+++++

:D :D

Did enjoy writing that! [face_dancing]

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and being a huge Siri Obi-Wan fan I loved your gift for Nicole[face_dancing][face_love]

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :) sweetness

4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Awww, so sweet and beautiful. Love is a wonderful thing, always! Lovely [:D] Glad you wrote this!!

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Lovely piece, Ny ツ ♥

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Awww, a Christmas gift for me! This is unexpected.

*was so busy with work, flat hunt & family business that she forgot the rest of the universe

And such a brilliant gift:

Whether Siri and Obi-Wan officially acknowledged their soul-bond publicly, they would always hold it sacred between the two of them in private.

This was something they talked of long into that night.

"The Jedi rule against attachment. How can love and compassion and loyalty lead to darkness?" Siri said. "It's their polar opposites or their twisted extremes that lead to darkness, not the real things."

"Certainly not what I've felt for you since I was a youngling." He admitted and kissed her gently.

Siri didn't leave until morning... for the first, not the last, time.

I loved the tenderness & sweetness of this fic. And yes, I also do not believe that true love, compassion & loyalty lead straight into darkness. Obsession & greed might!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all for the great reviews. [:D] Obi-Wan is a sweetie and deserves a lady-love ;)

Kahara likes this.
  8. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    He certainly does.

I rarely visit the FF forums on here anymore...don't have the time I used to, but here the first time in a long time and the first thing I see is this sweet Siriwan...

Very nice, tender and romantic.

9. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    It's a shame what profic did to Obi-Wan/Siri. I typically only focus on the Anakins (A/P, A/T) but I can definitely recognize what could've been between Obi-Wan and Siri. I like what you've done here, it's one of the better ways this has been fixed up :) Nice work!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks obimom & Revan_AnakinSolo @};- :) Fixer-upper fics are a blast to read or write. Revan, I look forward to yours. [face_batting]

Kahara likes this.
  11. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Wonderfully put! Lovely piece, especially the addition of Anakin into the circle of affection between Obi and Siri. That's not something I've seen often, but it works so well here! Great work. :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Laloga Thanks! @};- I think Anakin would fit nicely into that circle of love. It would heal a lot, and prevent even more. [face_thinking]

Kahara likes this.