main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA A Third Meeting?!?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Pallas-Athena, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    Just an FYI to you all that I'll be making it next Thursday.

2. cantina-patron

cantina-patron Jedi Master

May 30, 2002
    it's been a while since i've posted,but it's been a busy month. i would like to attend the 3rd meeting in lakewood. i've never been to a fanforce meeting before. it sounds like fun to discuss star wars with other fans. if we can establish an official los angeles fanforce, that would be great! i hope to see you all at the next meeting.

3. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    I tried, but it looks like I still can't make it this Thursday. I may resort to calling in sick but things at work are a bit sticky. Regardless, I wish the meeting a great success.
    As an alternative for those who can't make it and even for those who can, I invite you all to hang out at the Shrine auditorium for the Comic and Sci Fi Convention. Look at the Thread about William Hootkins for details. We should make our presence known at events like this especially when they are in our own town. I believe this event happens several times a year so lets start meeting there too especially this Sunday to see Red 6.
    Also, can the City Rep elections be held by poll too? I've seen other Chapters do it. I know the meetings make the chapter but something as important as City Rep should have input from as many L.A. sources.

4. Viceroy Craig

Sep 21, 1999
    Silent,

While polls may be a fine way of doing things, I don't think it's a good way to get the best person for the job if you haven't met them. I don't mean you specificaly, but anyone in general.

For this reason, I think the 3rd and final meeting before we become official should be in the location that affords the greatest chance of high turnout, and will suggest so on Thursday.

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    As you are coming close to choosing your City Representative, let me clarify for you a bit about what the position entails. *steps up on soapbox*

Basically a FanForce City Representative acts as a liason between the FF members in their city and FanForce. It is their job to report to their RSA (me) any problems they are having with their board or members, and my job to take care of the problems for you. As a City Rep, you have no actual mod powers, you cannot delete threads nor can you ban anyone. If you feel a thread needs to be deleted/edited, or someone needs a warning or temporary ban, you need to contact me to take care of it for you. The City Rep is also supposed to provide a write-up to me about every meeting/event you have planned and PM or email it to me in a timely fashion so that I can advertise it on the FanForce boards for you. During the meetings, the City Rep generally will come to the meeting with a list of what is to be discussed that evening. It is helpfull if you post a list of topics on your board so that people come to the meetings prepared to discuss those topics. It is the CRs job to keep the meeting on track. What we did in San Diego was to elect officers. Myself, as the CR was elected President of the San Diego Star Wars Society (our chosen group name). Although, everyone insists on calling me the "Supreme Chancellor" lol. And we have a vice-president, who will step in when I am out of town or otherwise unavailable to hold meetings. Then we have a Treasurer and she is the one who handles our donations/funds and manages our online store. Electing officers may or may not work for your group, but it does help to spread the responsibility around so that everything does not always rest on the City Reps shoulders. The City Rep should also visit and post on the City Rep board and keep up to date with what other City Reps are doing in their respective cities to promote FanForce.

Your choice of City Rep is an important one. With a good City Rep your group will grow and your meetings will be fun for all of you. I have seen several cities where their choice of City Rep left much to be desired. Those cities forums are foundering, and a few of them had to go back to elect a new City Rep. That brings me to another point - if at any point your group feels that your City Rep is not adequately representing your group, you may call for a re-election. I am sure, however, that you will not take this decision lightly. *steps off soapbox* ;)

6. ajthelegend

ajthelegend Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    Hey everyone hope that things are well for you all... Just wanted to post the address and time for our next meeting... The location is Chilis located at 4931 Candlewood, Lakewood 90712 meeting starts at 7:30 pm.... I noticed a couple of people have confirmed that they would or would not be attending, if possible could everyone who plans on attending state so on this board... That way I can reserve a table big enough for our group... Thanks... Cant wait to see you guys.... Go LA Fan Force....

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I will post a reminder for this meeting on the main page of FanForce, hopefully that will bring more people to the meeting as well.

8. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    I'll be there! :D

9. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I'll be there :)

{Mini quiz in hand :D }

10. cloneddarklord

cloneddarklord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I just thought about it, I will not be able to make it at all. I thought I was going to be able to stop by at least for a few mins but I am speaking at my Church that night and have to prepare. You guys have fun and let me know how it goes!! Hello to everyone that is going! And a special "Hello" to those of you that I got to meet at our first meeting!

11. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I can make it to the LA sci-fi convention this Sunday.

12. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Hey wormie will you be making the meeting this evening????

13. cloneddarklord

cloneddarklord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    Hey, I just read about the petition to have the next Star Wars Celebration in San Diego. Great idea!! I signed and I am surprised that there are not a lot of signatures.
    There are sooooooo many SW fans in the Southern Calif area! What's up people!! I have never been to a Celebration and would love to be able to have one close enough that I would be able to go!!!!! This will be the last one so you know it will be EXCELLENT!! Go to the link and put your signature on it!! Let's do this and make it happen!!!

P.S. Have a great time at the meeting tonight! I wish I could make it!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/SanDiego/petition.html

14. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Thanks for your plug about our Online petition! :D

15. LuminariUnduli

LuminariUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Ok guys - I am calling out of work again tonight to make the meeting AND I signed the petition already regarding the San Diego Celebration III !!!

See you all tonight !!

16. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    greetings all -
    Well, i won't be able to attend the meeting tonite...turns out i have to study for a "surprise" test i'm having this saturday at school. Darn! Oh well, hope it turns out great and get a lot done. I will like to attend the first "official" meeting of the L.A fan chapter and/or any parties SW related. My buddy CPPjedi would also like to go. I've been dying to wear my jedi costume again.......since EP II opening it's been in my closet.
    Ok, no more blabberin...take it easy all!
    Have fun tonite...MTFBWY

17. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    p.s. Will also be signing pettition for SD celebration.... methinks it's a sure thing cause where else better to have a huge SW celebration but in this great state of California!!! :) :D

18. Viceroy Craig

Sep 21, 1999
    AJ,

I just PM'd you with my cell number. Check it out and call me!

19. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    Once again, Sorry I won't be there. That means more chicken wings for you. I hope To See some of you on Sunday at the Shrine Auditorium.

20. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Thats ok Bob maybe we will see ya on Sunday...

21. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Hey everyone! I had a great time last night meeting you all. I am looking forward to the next meeting. Us Liningup.Net guys ended up staying till 11:30 p.m.! Anyways, great group, hope it continues to grow. Thanks again for the great prize.

22. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    good morning ALL -
    So, how was the meeting? Did everything go as planned? Can't wait to hear about it!

23. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    Hey just wanted to say thanks to everyone for another successful meeting and thanks to everyone that showed up. It's really motivating to get a turnout like we did and have a good time all in the name of Star Wars. Big thanks to Jedilona for providing the quiz this meeting and all the great prizes. As we always do here is a list of those that were in attendance:

Dushani - Sean
    Artmaul - Art
    Viceroy Craig - Craig and his guest Jeff
    Jedi Padme - Samantha
    Jedispewy - Tashi
    SoCalSnow - Mike and his guest Will
    Valedakor - Helen
    Luminari Unduli - Dara
    Jedilona - Tonya
    EEM23 - Eric
    and myself ajthelegend...

We did come to an agreement on the next meeting as well, this should make some of the people who were looking for a weekend meeting happy. Next meeting is Saturday, September 21st at Islands in the city of Burbank at 7:00 PM. This will be our 1st meeting as an Official Fan Force Chapter so lets make it a big turnout guys... Also we will be giving away to the winner of next months quiz a very cool prize details to come on what that is... Once again thanks to everyone who is showing support and participation and I'll be talking to you guys soon.... Go LA Fan Force....

24. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    Man! Craig got hammered! 8-}

25. ajthelegend

May 13, 2002
    By the way a big thanks to socalsnow and all the work that he has put into the official LA Fan Force logo... I know the finished product will be one of the best out and cant wait for that to be done... Thanks socal...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.