main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo A thought... (slight spoilers)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by andakin, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I just got back from my second showing of episode II. Whee! But, anyway, there's a little easter egg-esque thing I noticed.
    When Jango Fett is retreating into Slave 1 after the Kamino battle, he hits his head upon the closing door, in a way very remniscent of Episode IV's head-banging. If Stormtroopers are a continuation of clone troopers (Maybe they sped up growth more... or something, we'll have to see), it makes an ironic genetic twist. Jango Fett hits his head, his clone hits his head... wierd, and actually kind of funny.
    What do you think?

2. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I think Stormtroopers aren't clones. Maybe there are a few clones in there, but the majority of them are requits.

Why would they reproduce clones with such bad aim?

3. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    I agree with Spoo- I think later on they phase out production of clones and recruit men to be the troops. However, after playing Jedi Knight II I think the aim has more to do with their guns and less with their real aim. Heh heh.

4. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Well, if you've ever worn a Stormtrooper helmet, there's really no question about it.

And in Jedi Outcast, I use the blasters I pick up from their corpses, and they work fine.

5. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    speaking of easter eggs..did anyone else see the Falcon? It's when the transport is landing on Naboo- if you look in the bottom left corner its sitting there on the landing deck

6. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'll have to watch for that on Saturday

7. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Stormtroopers may be clones. The reason why is because they are all the same height. If you remember in A New Hope Leia says to Luke "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" when he rescues her. How could they all be the same height unless they are clones. Just a little theory to think about.

8. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Guys,

Here's what Lucasfilm had to say about the origin of the Stormtroopers a long time ago in a galaxy not so far away....

In a special Lucasfilm magazine published in 1981 called "The World of Star Wars", there was a section on the "Soldiers of the Empire" that included THIS paragraph on the origin of the Stormtroopers.

Interesting. :D

9. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Aw, crap!

10. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Woo!
    I guess bumping your head is genetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.