main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD A thought

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by RA_ATUM, Apr 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RA_ATUM

RA_ATUM Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2000
    It's been said to me that there might be a feeling that the board has lost its appeal.... The reason apparently is that it seems that no one can post a serious thread without it turning into a repeat of the 3 stooges.. and that there are just too many sledging posts to make it fun.

I don't think anyone is saying don't have fun... that's the idea of the board.. I think though it might be nice to use moderation in the sledging so people don't begin to wonder if it is really meant.. and that serious threads be left alone so people can feel they can have a discussion...

As I said.. it's just a thought.

2. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes there is a point there Ra, personally I think that there's room for all posts, I think that that is what a board should be for, for expression of whatever u want

3. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    That's a fair point, I must admit I have been apart of some of the shananigans that have gone on, It has been out of humour and humour only with no intentions of ruinning others threads.

Edit: I have just flicked through most threads here and have noticed a slight increase in violence, I know it is only meant to be fun but maybe we leave the violence out guys. Humour is good for the soul and i'm all for it but lets just be a little more gentle.

4. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Well, point taken. However I must also suggest that the reason to be here is to have fun. If you can't do that then why do anything at all. Personally, if I had anything serious to say about SW I would post it in the movie forums, but that's just me. Now if somone actully asked a serious question here I would reply serioulsy if I waranted that it was needed.

I'll admit that my mischevious side gets the better of me sometimes, but that's ok. It's all in good fun.

5. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I am honestly stuck for words here. I have noticed the degeneration of the forum recently, but I can't think of any legit reason. I recall that MrNeech got banned, taking kahli down with him, but other than that, I can;t think of anything to have caused this decline.

6. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    What degeneration? I'm not totally sure what it is you are all on about. Wht do you mean by this?

7. Ghost_of_Caesar

Nov 27, 2000
    Admit it Grieyls, you know exactly what I mean - the same four people have been talking the same load of crap in all the threads. The only variety is when Silmarillion, Ra, and perhaps a couple foreginers come in and spice things up for a few hours. Even then it reverts to four people talking garbage. :(

8. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    That's another point, there aren't that many regular posters here. Admittedly 90% of the current threads are rather obscure but they were obscure from the start. I came here to the Qld boards because it was a fun place to be, there are some hilarious charactors here and it was a place that was relaxed and easy going. As far as i'm concerned it is still that way.

<wonders which four Ghost is talking about>

9. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I can't see why four or so users makes this place so down trotted. Honestly, if your that worried about numbers I would go someplace else. The thing is I like it here, I wouldn't be posting if I didn't. I do tell all sorts of people to check this place out but whether they do or not is really up to them, I'm not going to force anybody just so we can increases numbers. That would be defeating the purpose of the place.

Now if anybody want's to start a serious thread then do so, but I get the feeling nobody does. Not that I am worried mind you.

10. Killer Ewok

Killer Ewok Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 1999
    It's all my fault! :_| I'm sorry!

But, seriously, I'll be sensible if everyone else is. And, hey, if we restirict our siliness to silly threads, then by all means we won't have to vent it on serious threads - if someone posts them.

11. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Alas serious threads are few and far between.

12. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I counted 4, and that includes this one.

13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I'm surprised you actually counted them. Only four huh, well we'll have to do something about that won't we. Just so we can keep those people happy.

14. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    Would me posting here constitute as a re-enactment of the three stooges?

15. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    sO THAT'S WHERE Mr Neech got to hey? lol, I miss his threads:(, is it a permenent ban? I hope not <starts campaign for bring back Mr Neech>

<bring back Mr Neech>

16. Ghost_of_Caesar

Nov 27, 2000
    Yes, Paul, he told me face to face. I don't know whether it was a permanent ban, and I don't know the circumstances, but I gather it had something to do with posting nonsense in the prequels forums. The mods in the prequel forums make Hitler look like a nice guy at times, especially an annoying Westralian who has nothing to do with the Outer Rim.

kahli got taken down by the ban but has managed to post again, so I'd say Neech's user ID was banned, and an IP ban put in place, which means anyone posting on a computer which adopts the IP number that Neech got banned under will register as banned.

17. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I love the prequels forums, but it can be a bit tough for people who haven't been there. You gotta understand that that forum probably attracts the largest number of newbies wanting to post their amazing insights. Oldbies get sick of it really quickly.

I can understand the need for some serious topics here though. By all means, keep posting in the fun threads, but let's have a few serious ones as well.

18. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    By all means start posting serious threads people. I might do one... one of these days.

19. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I will, once I have something to say.

20. RA_ATUM

RA_ATUM Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2000
    A thank-you to everyone for taking the time to consider other people.... that is what makes it great around here..

Have fun... no one is saying don't.. but remember fun for some people is getting into serious discussions about things that interest them... keep the silly threads.. they have their place.. just let serious stuff come through as well and respect that is what the thread creator wants to talk about...

*huge hugs* again.... great to see a diversity of view point that stays a discussion and doesn't become a war... and recognises the need to have differences to have a rich forum..

21. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Consider it done.

22. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Okily Dokily

23. Killer Ewok

Sep 23, 1999
    No wurries. ;)

24. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Uh oh, I can feel sillyness coming on....

25. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    No you can't, go back to sleep.

So how much chocolate did everyone get for easter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.