main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Thousand Rainy Days (Ani/Ami AU) Complete! 7/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Anakin's Angel, Jul 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    A Thousand Rainy Days
    (Anakin/Amidala AU)

This story is darker than "Prelude" will EVER be.
    I decided to take a different look at Anakin and
    Amidala's relationship. Mucho angst, mucho romance,
    but I know you all love that sort of thing, don't ya?
    I am making this AU since it veers from course of events
    we know to be true. I hope you all approve..but I will
    release it to the sarlaac(sp?) monster if it truly sucks.

"...my caring for you will remain."

From across the sterile, cold, artificial expanse
    of the ship, the disembodied voice of the droid
    announced that they would be arriving on Coruscant
    shortly. With a loud pop of her neck, Queen Amidala
    of the Naboo took a long sip of water and sat back
    in her chair. The days making up the month past had been
    long and arduous; she spent more time untying knots than
    making any real progress.

Tensions were once again running high Galaxy-wide.
    The most recent dispute, a civil war on the surface
    of Malestare and it's moons, had caused the deaths
    of millions. Naboo had refused to take sides, remaining
    as partial as possible, but still offering support to the
    war-ravaged system. She was now on her way to Coruscant,
    for an emergency session of the Galactic Senate. Word
    on the street was, the King of Malestare was planning
    on calling for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor
    Palpatine.

Shaking her head, she tried to clear the memories
    from her mind. Naboo, the invasion, Tatooine, Anakin,
    the Gungans, Qui-Gon Jinn. Yes, she knew just what
    King Alios was going through. If Alios succeeds, as
    she suspected he would, the great rebuliding time would
    begin for Malestare, as it had for Naboo. Taking a deep
    breath, she watched as the silver landing platform outside
    the Senate waited for her arrival. Opposite the Senate,
    majestic as ever, was the Jedi Temple. Anakin....that name
    again.

That name again.

She guessed that the little boy had forgotten all about
    her over the years. //He must be a teenager by now.//
    She corrected herself. Yes, she hadn't really know how old
    he was all those years ago, but surely he was a young adult
    by now. She herself, a woman of twenty-one, smiled at the
    memory of the little boy with the big dreams. Perhaps she
    would send him a letter upon her return to Naboo.

Galactic Senate

"All in favor of calling for a vote of no confidence
    in Chancellor Palpatine's leadership, vote now!"
    Cried King Alios's closest associates. The Senate,
    now a madness she recognized all to well, erupted into
    loud shouts of nay and yay. She herself, well...Sabe
    really, remained close-lipped.

Palpatine was of the Naboo; She would not vote to
    oust him from his post.

Still, as the votes were tallied and announced,
    Chancellor Palpatine was Supreme Chancellor no more.
    She could see the mans shocked and saddened expression
    from where she sat, and took in a deep breath. She was thankful
    that the Senatorial duties were today being handled by Sabe and her staff; It would be no more than a hand-shaking afternoon filled with
    ideless chatter anyway. The selection of a new Supreme Chancellor
    would be made shortly, and then she was free to enjoy her day.

After one long standard hour, the new Galactic Supreme Chancellor
    was Bail Antillies of Alderaan. No real shock there, she supposed;
    He was voted in unanimously by all those who'd voted. Before
    she could get lost in the crowds, she and Eirtae switched places
    and she beat a hasty retreat.

Hurrying along the exit ramp, Padme ran until she was outside
    in the fresh air. //Well, about as fresh as Coruscant can get,//
    She mused. Gathering up the fucshia hood as close as she could,
    she walked to a public air-taxi stop. It had taken her three
    pounds of chocolate to persuade Sabe to play Queen today, but as
    she looked in the direction of where her impulsive thoughts were
    taking her today, it was a small price to pay.

She was so caught up in the wonder of the city that she
    was genuinely startled when she heard voices speaking
    behind her

2. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
  3. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    My gosh, aa, you sure are churning out some excellent fiction tonight. I submit half a post and you submit two fantastic ones in ONE SMEGGING NIGHT!. How envious I am!

Excellent beginning! I hope Ani turns out to be ok... I, too, have, at times, yearned to write something a bit darker than the fic I'm actually working on. The Ani/Ami romance deal can be handled in a LOT of different ways. This promises to be one of the more...unconventional attempts.

Anyway, continue this, please! An AU with Palpatine ousted produces an interesting (and maybe auspicious?) turn of events for our to fav characters.

4. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
  5. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Oh, you know I can never resist another Ani/Ami fic; I'm glad to see another one! :) Good start. The thing with the Chancellor ousting seemed a little rushed though, but that's my only qualm.

Well, what else is there to say but *more story*!! :)

6. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    May I say that it was a esquisite beggining to what looks to be a spectacular story.
    You've got yourself another fan for this story!

7. jedi_yoda23

jedi_yoda23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2000
    Be encouraged young padawan....post more!!!

8. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Thank you all for you encouragement. A21, I know
    what you mean about the Chancellor...but, alas,
    I posted that before I had a chance to revise
    and this SITHLY board only allows you to edit
    within a fifteen minute window. Sigh.

Anyways..here is some more.

"...I was glad to have met you..."

Jedi Temple
    Guest Receiving

Feeling her breath catch in her throat, Padme took
    a hesitant step inside the majestic Temple. It was an odd feeling, one of complete calm; Yet thousands of Jedi mingled about creating a near
    feel of chaos. Micah led her swiftly to the receivng room, where she was instructed to wait
    for Master Kenobi. A holocam had captured her image and it now hung around her neck, identifying
    her as "Padmé Naberrie".

She wondered briefly why they had not screened her for weapons, but what good would a blaster *really* be against a thousand or more lightsabers? Looking around the L-shaped room,
    she wondered just how many 'guests' the Jedi
    really had come through here. Examining her i.d,
    she noticed that it was clearly marked "Guest,
    Third Tier and Healers Receiving Only." Apparently
    they wanted no public snooping around where they
    weren't allowed.

The walls were painted a warm white, as with mostly everything. She, in her fuschia and black
    handmaidens gown, couldn't be more of a contrast.
    //Would you rather sit here in your royal makeup and three-foot headpiece?// No...this getup was
    more than enough. Growing impatient, she wondered
    just how long she would wait here for Master Kenobi. Better yet, would he even recognize her?

She was about to begin pacing, when he appeared at
    the door. He looked like, for lack of a better
    word, poodoo. His beard was spotty, as if he had attempted to shave with his lightsaber. His ginger-colored hair looked dirty and matted; He was a mess. //This should go just swimmingly.//
    Rising to her feet, she crossed the distance between them and offered her hand. "Padmé Naberrie. Do you-?"

Obi-Wan shook her offered hand, smiling ever so
    briefly. "Remember you? Yes, I believe so," He
    motioned that they walk into the hallway, and she
    complied. "What brings you to the Jedi, Padmé?"
    He asked her, wasting no time on idle chatter.
    She liked that in people, it was rare these days.

Meeting his eyes, she frowned. "I was on my way to explore the city when I heard about...Anakin.
    Micah was standing by, and he explained that there may be a way for me to...see him," She paused, wondering how much of this he already knew. He scratched at the beard covering his chin
    and led them into a turbolift. "I sense that you're unsure of all of this?"

//That's putting it mildly.// "You could say that.
    I find myself wondering if he even remembers me.
    That would be awfully embar-"

Obi-Wan cut her off gruffly. "Oh, he remembers you. I just don't...well, I think you'll understand better when you see him." His actions
    were screaming at her, even as his words fell out
    no louder than a whisper.

They contiuned their journey down a long, dimly-lit coridoor, stopping at a locked door. "Normally, I would grant you every privacy, but under the conditions..." He explained,
    punching a code into the door. She nodded, trying
    to hide her nervousness. //You can't hide anything
    from them, don't even try it.// "I understand."
    She replied shakily. He nodded and the door slid
    open.

TBC :D
    aa :D

aren't I a stinker? :p

More later, after I write some "Prelude"

9. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    Cool, I can't wait, but I also like Prelude!

10. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Oh, no! I'm not taking this! You post now! POST NOW! <Angel waves hand frantically, performing a very bad Jedi mind trick> Smeggin' hell, aa, POST NOW!!!!

11. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Rabid fan checking in.

Aye, Aye, cap'n. Cool story approaching!

12. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Okay, a bit more, but then I really have to write
    some "Prelude". Sheesh! ;)

Jedi Healers Wing
    Room 327-a

For a long moment, the only thing in Padmé's line
    of vision was darkness. Thick, almost heavy darkness, blocked her view of Anakin. Well, she assumed he was in there somewhere. //I hope.//
    She could feel Obi-Wan's hand on the small of her back, guiding her towards the bed. She lowered the hood of her gown, taking in a deep breath as Obi-Wan illuminated the lights a small bit.

She looked at him expectantly, and he shook his head. "There's a lot I have to explain to you, Padmé. Why don't you have a seat." He pointed towards a large sectional opposite them and took a seat beside her. "Anakin and I have been on Malestare for the past seven months," He began,
    looking sadly in what she assumed was Anakin's direction. "I had, on several occasions, tried to convince the Council that Anakin wasn't ready for a mission such as this. There were things he just hadn't learned yet, things he couldn't have been expected to handle. Yet, they persisted."

Padmé noticed Obi-Wan's almost resigned attitude, and frowned. "I guess I don't understand? Isn't Anakin a good student?" //Shows how much you know.//

A low chuckle drifted across the small distance between them. "The very best, I'm proud to say. He has strength and wisdom beyond his years, and a connection to the force that no living creature could ever compare to. And that, young handmaiden, is at the very root of his troubles."

//Young handmaiden?// "Please go on, Obi-Wan."

The Jedi Master's face clouded over, as memories of Malestare came unbidden into his mind. Had it only been lastnight they left that desolate place? "Anakin was captured by an anarchist group
    and tortured to within an inch of his life," He
    could no longer hide the tears that had formed in his eyes. Padmé reached out to him, holding onto
    his hand. "Yet he lives now, does he not?" she whispered, shuddering at the thought of Anakin treated in such a way.

A bitter laugh escaped Obi-Wan's lips. "They played upon his fears, driving him further and further away from conscious reality. The Council believes that Anakin was beginning to be lured to the dark side of the force," He pulled her gently to her feet and led her, finally, over to Anakin.

She could no longer hold back her tears as she saw his frail body in the bed. He was covered from top to bottom in angry, red and purple bruises. His eyes, three times larger than they should have been, were swelled shut. She suspected that was the reason for the dim lighting. He was also very tall, she noticed; Taking up the entire height of the bed. Unable to speak, she looked up through her tears into Obi-Wan's pale, lifeless eyes.

"After a month of searching, I finally liberated him. He barely recognized me, and had to be restrained after attempting to strike me down," He took one of Anakin's lifeless hands into his own, squeezing it gently. "It was only because I knew some of what happened to him that I was able to rationalize his actions. Normally, attacking ones Master in anger is a unforgiveable offense.

"I contacted the Council, and after all...remaining Jedi were located, we blasted away from that system. Anakin regained consciousness twice onboard the ship, each time screaming out in anger and pain that he was going to kill me," Obi-Wan placed his Padawan's hand back down, guiding her closer instead.

She walked bravely to the bed, infusing her fingers with his. "I cannot imagine what the both of you are going through. Is there any way to reverse the harm done? Will Anakin always be this way?" //Please, anything but this...//

The Jedi had no answer for her. "Our bond is there, held together by a filament so thin I'm afraid to touch it. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing how much damage has been done, and if he is still under attack mentally, as we speak. You understand now why I could not allow you to see him unsupervised?"

//All too clearly, thanks.// "Can he hear me?"
    She whispered, leaning in clos

13. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    When she leans in and Ani squeazes her hand and starts shrieking...I seriously jumped out of my seat. This is scary, aa. But good. Finish Prelude, yes, of course. But you'd better finish this or I'm gonna send this new psychotic Ani after you.

BTW, have you seen the announcement on the official site? Bail's been cast. Go to his character page to get a real good laugh. :)

14. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    And trust me, it is indeed a VERY good laugh! :)

Wow. This was *not* something I was expecting. When you said this story was dark, you weren't kidding...

15. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Very good *AA*!

I was startled to read Anakin's reaction too. Nice way to stick a surprise in there like that.

Now, on to the other stories.

I'm playing catch up for having been busy the last few days.

16. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    Great! I am really liking this story. Looking foward to seeing more soon!!

17. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    Sorry about my last post...the server was being stupid!
    I meant to say great start!

18. Rabe'

Rabe' Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I am fairly new around here, but I am addicted to Ani/Ami fics!! I love this story. (and "Prelude") Nice twist. I can't wait for more!

19. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Welcome to all who have just joined us in our madness(?) My brain is quite toasted, and looking at all I have to post on...I feel quite frazzled. Here is a small postie, might explain more about Anakin's behaviour, then again..it might not..

You decide

One Month Previous

//Please..no more...I can't take it//

"You will take it, *Jedi*. You will."

//No, I...yes, I will do anything you want//

"Very well, Skywalker. We will meet again, I'm afraid."

//That makes two of us//

Tired and glassy-eyed, it appeared that Anakin was talking to himself in the inky darkness. His body convulsed in several painful spasms, causing to cry out. No response was given, however; He'd even tried, at one point, to mind trick the guards into letting him free. He'd called out to Obi-Wan so many times, but the Jedi Master had not replied.

Some guards, the nicer ones, tossed him dirty, oftentimes insect-ridden food scraps. He'd gotten very good at blocking the taste and appearance, and began to rely on the sustinence. If this is what he needed to do in order to survive, then that was what he would do. Jedi were taught that the force could only help you with what you already knew how to do. It provided you with no answers, only pointed you in the right direction at times.

The force was not a nursemaid.

Blindfolded as he was for the past week, Anakin had become increasingly fearful for his own life. Obi-Wan would be ashamed at him, letting his fears get the best of him like he was. Obi-Wan was ashamed of him for something everyday it seemed. //No, it's not going to work! My Master is a good man.//

"Your *Master* lies to you, Skywalker. He wishes nothing more than to see you fail! You're a burden to him, always have been! When are you going to wake up, boy?"

//NO! You bastard, Obi-Wan loves me!//

Anakin clutched his head, screaming out in pain. This was what he dreaded the most. Physical torture was something he'd grown accustomed to as Obi-Wan's Padawan; The elder Jedi had more scars than skin it seemed, sometimes. But metal torture, this constant current of lies and pain was so strong he feared it might, in fact, drive him insane.

"Or to the darkside, boy."

And the voices. The voices had started last week, right after he'd been blindfolded. He could sense an darkness, a cold paralyzing darkness whenever the voice spoke to him. The voice was male, and hell-bent on turning him away from the Jedi. Wiping the tears from his eyes, Anakin screamed crazily into the night.

One of the guards stumbled over, poking him with the buiness end of a vibroblade. The pain hadn't even registered in Anakin's tortured mind, so focused he was at escape. Reaching out into the force, he breated deep as it flowed around him. The guard backed away then, struck down and clutching his throat.

Anakin, shocked, broke free of his hold on the force and sank to his knees. He placed two grimy fingers on the mans neck and began to tremble. //No! No, I couldn't have! NOOOOOO!//

He felt the chill growing closer now, its sinewy fingers reaching down into his mind. "Very well, my young apprentice. Perhaps now you will understand the power of the darkside-"

"It wasn't...I didn't...do that!" Anakin cried out, stumbling back against the wall. The darkness laughed, releasing the blindfold from Anakin's eyes.

He blinked, as the illuminated form of his Master came into view. He nearly wept at the sight of it! Running forward in his delirium, he stopped dead as the image of Obi-Wan spoke, his voice colder than ice. "Betrayal! Madness! Look at yourself, acting out in anger! You're a disgrace, I *am* ashamed of you. You have brought me nothing but pain. You understand that? Pain-"

Anakin brought his hands up over his ears in a vain attempt to block out the words. //Its the truth, he speaks the truth.// "Master, please!"

Obi-Wan's image recoiled. "Do NOT call me your Master. A pathetic lifeform like you will never be good enough for the Jedi. Stay, play along in the darkside, *Padawan*. Remember this, in your darkest

20. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    I humbly bow in supplication before the Mistress of Ani-torture... *smeg*, that was intense!

And depressing. :( But since he's gone converted this early, there's more time to make things right....

21. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Oh... Oh...

<sniffle>

Ani...

22. jAnUaRyRaIn

jAnUaRyRaIn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2000
    This is such a great story. You posted two new stories? Ok, gotta go find the other one now.

23. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    :0

Wow. That was intense! Great job, aa!

24. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Up

just to let everyone know that there will be a postie when I get home.

aa :D

25. Jedi Pikachu

Jedi Pikachu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
    Oh my Gosh!! I miss a couple of posts and Ani's turned into a maniac!!

Poor,poor Ani. This is definetly a rather different kind of story AA, but it is *really* cool. The whole darkside/master thing is really compelling. Had me wide eyed.

But I trust our "young handmaiden" will come up with *something* to help him! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.