main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Thousand Rainy Days (Ani/Ami AU) Complete! 7/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Anakin's Angel, Jul 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Great post, AA! :)

2. Yorthen

Yorthen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2001
    Wow. A post!
    But I don't like this talk of soon endin this :(

But you can be sure that I will continue to bother you :)

3. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Thanks, everyone :)

Yes, I need to wrap this up so I can concentrate on the nipping plot bunnies in my head ;) I'm going to be gone for the day, and will return tonight with a post!

aa :)

4. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Does this mean we can expect you back at AKOTO?

(sorry, I couldn't resist... :D )

Can't wait to see the next post!

5. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    wwwwwwwwwooooooooohhhhhooooooo! ;)

Great post! Glad to see that Anakin still has some sense in him! :)

6. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I just read over all of your story. Wonderful and I just realized you the person who wrote Prelude to Fall and alll that series. Their one of my favourite fanfic series. I have just joined JC and put one of my first fics I'll Always Think of You...(Ani/Ami/Shmi main characters) I would appeciate it somebody could go and read it please, comments and suggestions are welcome. So far it has three parts.

AA, when you get the next chapter up I'll be sure to read it. Oh I feel so sorry for the poor girl, only 13 years old.

Amidala

7. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Why must my brothers deprive me of the computer?

Ohhh, AA, I must say, this story, is, it's just so pull-you-into-it, it's so well written. I'm glad Anakin saved Lira. :)

Great Post!

Up!

8. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    Whoa, I've missed a few posts. THEY WERE GREAT! That last one especially, like JediGirl said, totally sucks you in. Hope for more soon. :)

9. Pushing Up The Daisies

Pushing Up The Daisies Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2000
    bugbugbugbugbugbugbugbug
    bugbugbugbugbugbugbugbug
    bugbugbugbugbugbugbugbug
    bugbugbugbugbugbugbugbug
    bugbugbugbugbugbugbugbug

;)

10. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000
    Ah, I can take a hint ;) I just got home from a baseball game, so here's the post!

Anakin had called the ship back to the Temple, as Lira had told him, only to find that the person he never wanted to see again was onboard.

Palpatine.

His evil, Force-eroding presence, hung in the air around Coruscant.

He would meet the Sith bravely, Masters Yoda and Windu at his side. There was no way that he would be fooled again...no possible way that the darkness would-

Possible always, it is. Be cautious, you must be.

Anakin cast a sidelong glance at Yoda. "Yes, Master." It just...felt different this time. He was ready, he knew enough not to be fooled so easily again.

But he would be cautious.

. . .

A deafening scream finally awakened Padmé.

Instantly alert, she jumped to her feet and walked towards the door. Strangely enough, the tiny cabin was now illuminated. Staggering, as waves of nausea threatened to knock her down again, she leaned up against the wall.

The struggle to remain upright was finally too much, and she crashed to the floor. I'm awake now...I can call Ani

Anakin?

Padmé! Stay right where you are! His presence washed over her, comforting in its warmth and familarity.

"Ani.." She mumbled, as the room began to spin. Outside, she could hear the sound of voices and the distinct buzz of a lightsabre.

I love you, Anakin...

She felt, rather than heard his reply, as unseen arms seemed to wrap around her and hold her tight. Placing a hand to the cold door, she said a silent prayer to the Force.

Okay, it was a bit short, but I have some things to set up! Maybe another tonight...I'll see what I can do.

11. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Oooh, another one! That was was good. Destroy Palpatine Anakin!

12. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    By the force that was good...I think i speak for everybody when I say this: We want Palpatine dead..AA that was fantastic :)

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Very very good AA!!!! You MUST post more!

14. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    Wow, may have been short, but what a post!

DIE PALPY DIE!!!! :mad:

Wonderful, keep it up! :)

15. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    *Image of Palpy sliced and diced by Anakin forms in Ashamaphone's mind*

Tee hee hee!! Perhaps dreams can come true??? ;)

16. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    In the name of love!! ONE more (post) in the name of love!!!!

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, I read all of this in two sittings (interrupted by church) and am clamoring for more. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease! If you don't, I'll be forced to put my SW parody of Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend on this thread. [face_plain]

18. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Nice to see you here, Ish! On a side note, Darth Laptop still sits broken...so this post is coming to you from my mom's old 486 with windows 3.1 groan :(

The look of pure contempt on Palpatine's face was obvious, as Anakin, Mace and Yoda came into view. Recoiling a bit, he lashed out at them with a wave of crippling Force-lightning.

Anakin, having gone through such torture at the hands of his former 'Master', prepared himself for the onslaught.

He hadn't, however, expected diminutive Master Yoda to strike back with a heady dose of the lightside.

Fight evil with good, darkness with light...

It was a basic Jedi lesson, but would it work against someone as strong as Palpatine?

Sensing a break in the Sith's concentration, he moved ahead with his lightsabre. His purpose was to disarm, possibly maim...

Never to kill in anger.

Well, if he happened to maim the old lunatic in the process, all the better.

Swinging his sabre around, he aimed for Palpatine's left arm. He saw Mace out of the corner of his eye, advancing on the Sith's right side. "We will defeat you, 'Master'" Anakin sneered, managing to scorch Palpatine on his arm.

An evil, vile laugh escaped the Sith. "Fools! You have nothing in comparison to the dark side. Honor, Peace, Justice...you sit back as corruption rages on around you. I can bring order, I will restore control of the Galaxy-"

"Into your own hands." Mace cut in, bringing his violet blade around in a graceful arc, effectivey removing Palpatine's ungaurded right arm. Howling out in pain, Papatine fell to the cold marble.

Anakin watched, sabre ready, as Yoda walked towards the wounded man. "Harm innocents and spread the darkness again, you will not." He half-screamed.

If the situation wasn't so serious, he would have been tempted to smile; The thought of little Yoda reprimanding a Sith was hilarious.

Instead, he backed up as a warm, green glow encircled the small Jedi. It moved, as a living thing would, down Yoda's arms and out through his fingertips. "Banish the darkness, we will." He spoke, as he ended the miserable life of the Sith Lord Palpatine.

Not wasting another moment, Anakin raced onto the ship.

He had to see a girl about a kiss.

eep...I hope that didn't suck...! There is a few more posts to go!

19. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    No, that didn't suck, AA!

Loved these parts:

"Well, if he happened to maim the old lunatic in the process, all the better."

"He had to see a girl about a kiss."

Glad to see you're back in the swing with this story again.

20. LadyKenobi

Feb 27, 2001
    WOW! Suck? That didn't suck, that was wonderful. Force I love that little green toad. Yoda, you rock! :)

I can't believe this story is almost finished. That kind of makes me sad. :( But, I'm dieing to know what happens next so, Post again soon please! :D

21. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Great post, AA! :D

22. Yorthen

Yorthen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2001
    Like that last line. [face_love]

And you've just got to love Yoda.

Always nice to see good authors posting!

23. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    An Old 486? I've not heard that name since... well, ever since the Pentium craze started!!

Ohhhh, that sounded like "Have to go see about a girl!" from Good Will Hunting! Beautiful!!

24. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000
    Aww, thanks everyone :D I've had some trouble with this part, I hope it comes out okay.

Once inside the starship, Anakin slowed the pace somewhat. Even as the Sith's body lie, drained of life, the darkness here threatened to suffocate him. The one point of light, buried deep within the belly of the ship, was waiting for him.

She called out to him, not with her mind, but with her spirit. She was everywhere...surrounding him like she never had before. It was odd, he thought, that they had been fighting only hours before.

Hard to see, the darkside is.

That much was true. Lira and Palpatine had played upon Padmé's trust and emotions; using them to seperate her from him. Scary thing was...it worked.

Like a fool, he closed down his end of the bond.

While he wasn't convinced that Lira, or even Palpatine, would have harmed her, there was always the possibility.

Finally in front of the door, he pressed his hand to the durasteel. I'm here.

The response was immediate.

All at once, the door slid open and Padme fell into his arms.

The kiss...the moment their lips touched...was electric. Pulling back, she gave him a quick once-over. "You're...okay?" She managed, around her tears.

Pulling her close to him, he kissed her forehead. "Better than okay, actually. Don't worry about me, how are you feeling? We need to get you to the healers..I need to tell Sabé that your-oomphky." Effectively cut off with a kiss, he smiled against her lips.

"I'm fine, just a little dizzy at the moment," Looking into his eyes, she smiled at the happiness reflected thre. "What happened out there?" She asked, quietly.

Anakin couldn't hold back the shudder. "Pal...the Sith is dead. Master Yoda..I don't know what he did, exactly. It all happened so fast."

"What happened to the girl? The one, with the scars?"

A nod. "Lira, yes. She'll be okay, eventually," Kissing her once more, he tugged her towards the open door. "We have to get out of here."

They wasted no time, exiting the darkness-infsted ship. Once outside, Anakin noticed that the remains of Palpatine had already been cleared away.

Life carried on.

Traffic buzzed past.

Light conquered dark.

Standing with Padmé, on the platform leading into the Temple, he felt like the luckiest man in the Universe. Warm breezes washed over them, carrying the delicate voices of the initiates music class.

She turned inside his embrace, tilting her head up to kiss him. They remained that way for longer than either could recall.

Kissing.

Living.

Not giving up.

Tomorrow, life would carry them...along with the warm breezes and soft voices...onto paths yet to be determined.

But for now, Anakin wanted nothing more than to hold onto the light that saved his life.

There's one more post left! ONE!! And if you respond to this one...you may get it tonight!

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    :)Loved it keep going....fantastic posts so far :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.