main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Thread For Assistance With Characterization

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by female_obi_wan, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Okay, forgive me if this has been done already. :D I just had this idea and decided to post it...the basic idea is to do something that's not a story from the POV of a character. For example, you could do an interview with them...or have them write an essay about themselves...or a letter to someone they care about...or, er, *racks brain* something of the sort? Be as creative as you like, and use any character (OCs as well I guess!) even the ones you're no good at...this is A Thread For Assistance With Characterization after all. :D

I'll do something at some point, I promise. When I have time. :)

2. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Great idea, f_o_w. ;)

3. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    noooooo, you stole my idea!

hehe tis ok though :) glad someone's doing it.

Personally I think we should have threads to help with all different aspects of a story like: setting, action/suspense, plot, etc.

I know there's tons of specific thread about such things but I don't believe I've seen any general characterization.. or writing suspense, etc. threads.

4. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Thanks LuvEwan. :) And sorry I stole your idea katha :D

Okay, I racked my brain (again) for ages, and the best thing I could come up with is this. Qui answers a question.

Have you got any idiosyncrasies?

-I cannot draw to save my life. Obi-Wan is the artist around here. He tends to take one look at the doodles in expensive sketchbooks that I've scribbled in boredom, shake his head and go back to work. Sketchbooks should not come near me.

-I have been an insominac since the age of sixteen.

-I didn't learn to swim until I was fourteen. My Master pushed me in a river.

-My bedroom in our quaters is painted pink. Please do not tell Obi-Wan I said that. I have always insisted to him that's it's just
    a very unusual shade of red.

-My ideal pet would be a draigon.

-When I sleep...not that I sleep often...I must have the window partly open. (Unless, of course, we are on a mission where madmen or terrorists or assasins might be looking for us)

-Tahl swears that when I was little I used to eat insects. She's a madwoman! Don't listen to her!

-Ever since Xanatos...did what he did...I have a serious fear of acid. I won't go near it. I don't let Obi-Wan go near it either. It may be foolish, but....

Okay...anyone else want to try getting a character to answer that question? :D Go on! Someone do Obi or Ani! Or make your own idea...

5. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    *quietly* Up? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.