main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT A Thread For Prequel Fans To Discuss New Star Wars Content (spoiler tags required)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  2. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I like that phrase.

3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It would've been reported if Lucas was going around calling the existing movies the "original" saga. Unless you have a source?

It's not much of a name anyway bcs original doesn't mean legitimate. It just means the initial stages or something that has been directly copied. As a term it doesn't invalidate what comes later in a series. Besides the "original saga" is the OT. That's where SW originated. The PT & the ST were decades later, so aren't "original". Doesn't mean they aren't legitimate though ;)

Note: For the sake of others the clone discussion has been relocated to the appropriate forum: Clones

4. Slicer87

Mar 18, 2013
    He means both PT and OT with, OS, but I don't think he means it to invalidate later episodes.

Anybody hear the rumor that Rebels may bring back Mace Windu. :confused:

Jedi-Gambino likes this.
  5. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Little acknowledgement from KK about all 6 movies (even though it's an obvious point):

“The Saga films focus on the Skywalker family saga,” she explains. “The stories follow a linear narrative that connects to the previous six films. The Force Awakens follows Return of the Jedi and continues that generational story. The Anthology films offer opportunities to explore fresh characters, new storylines and a variety of genres inside the Star Wars universe.”
    http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/1...cus-of-the-star-wars-saga-films-and-more.html

& this new canon story about young Luke, his encounters with Obi-Wan etc is pretty cool. The whole 3 part comic is online:
    http://www.webtoons.com/en/sf/Star Wars/ch-1-an-old-friend/viewer?title_no=544&episode_no=1

thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. Palp Fiction

Palp Fiction Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    I'm glad the canon & Lucas have declared that the storm-troopers are made up of at least some regular people. We need that to explain how hopeless they are compared to the awesome clones of the PT. Having them as all clones still would be beyond stupid. No way the clones would be such incompetent buffoons! Now it makes sense

7. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    So The Force Awakens IS focusing on the Skywalkers? Hopefully she's not lying as it would help it fit in with the others more.

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    "Hopefully she's not lying."

lol.

lovelikewinter likes this.
  9. Slicer87

Mar 18, 2013
    In ANH, they mowed down the rebels on Tantive IV. Only took a couple of STs to drop several rebel troopers, for every ST that fell, 3 rebels would fall, that is also awesome.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Palp Fiction

Feb 18, 2003
    Come on. The stormies suck compared to the Clone-troopers. George said several times post PT that it was because they were partially made up of less capable conscripts. Thats because no one in their right mind would think they were the same guys as in the pt and tcw. Why would any pt fan want the awesome Jango clones as being the buffoons of the OT!!

11. Slicer87

Mar 18, 2013
    The guys in the PT are different from TCW, very different portrayals. As I said before, the Empire using manufactered disposable men that nobody will mourn as troops fits their cold machine culture like hand in glove. Like any other bad guy henchmen, they have good aim and bad aim when the script calls for it. In ROTS the clones cound not hit Organa, Obi-Wan, and Yoda. The recruits for stormtroopers started out as EU from the 70s that contradicted LFL's stance that they are clones. The idea they are clones has been around since the 70s and is older than the EU recruit idea.

12. Palp Fiction

Feb 18, 2003
    Actually the clone-trooper thing wasn't his thought back in the 70s drafts of ANH at all. The clone wars was a completely separate thing from the stormies. Stormies>clones was a theory that popped up after that. Also the buffoonery was a big reason for george declaring that the stormies of the OT were partly conscripts. At the time of ROTS there was a SW Insider article where he explains this. Its referenced in alot of dicussions back then, here's one on killermovies http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...97903-ot-stormtroopers-finally-explained.html
    I could dig out and scan the article for you if you like.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Please be nice.

14. Slicer87

Mar 18, 2013
    If you look earlier in this thread, there is a link to a 1978 LFL, article that states stormtroopers are clones and describes alot of what we end up seeing in AOTC of how they are grown. Of course this is 78 so it doesn't state anything about Jango clones, just general clones. There are also a couple of times Lucas had indicated they are all Jango clones such as his DVD commentary statement about Jango's head bumping trait being cloned into all the stormtroopers and agreeing that all ST'S are "the same guy." He even went as far as ordering Hasbro to put Jango clone heads on all the helmeted imp figures, starring with DS, gunners. It wasn't Hasbro's decision as they would not want to make a figure more complex than they have too, they stated it was a order from Lucas. Then he goes and makes ST'S voices more consistent than they already were.

However, at this point looking at the different statements he has made, it seems like even he doesn't really know himself. Sometimes he says they are all Jango clones, sometimes he says they are a mix of different clones, and other times he says they are a mix of different clones and recruits. The latest statement Downunder brought up Lucas conflicts with himself. The part where he goes "umm, yeah" indicates he was caught off guard by the interviewer and scrambled. But being a quick thinker provided multiple explanations to suit any nick picking gripe.

At this point, any argument for either of the three possibilities above are going to be inductive. What has been show at least is that stormtroopers in film canon and Lucas canon aren't all recruits like Rebels pushes. However Rebels isn't wrong for being different, it is just different, a Filoni canon if you will.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  15. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

16. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    That's just ......bizarre.

Darth Nerdling, Davak24 and mes520 like this.
  17. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Or is it? [face_thinking] We got about 76 more days (I think) until we find out.

Davak24 and Andy Wylde like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I have heard more Bizzare things about the ST like cloned Anakin. [face_sick]

Darth Nerdling, Davak24 and mes520 like this.
  19. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Interesting.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. DBPirate

Jun 20, 2015
    I have to admit I'm a bit more interested in Episode VII after seeing some store ads and looking up some more info, which I haven't done in sometime. There was, however, still a complete lack of prequel products so there's still that.

Still not thrilled about nothing evolving or changing though (X-Wings, Stormtroopers, TIE Fighters, etc.)

Darkslayer and mes520 like this.
  21. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

The FO Stromtroopers are about as far removed from the OT Stormtroopers as the Clone Troopers were.

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Fine, but are any of the ships removed greatly from the OT?

Other than the one shuttle we've seen, which doe look like it might be bit more unique.

Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  23. Slicer87

Mar 18, 2013
    Depending on your view, they may be far more removed than the STs are from the PT troops.

Still, the TFA feels like there is alot of OT rehash, basically rebranded rebels and imps still duking it out.

Prisic Duskleap and DBPirate like this.
  24. DBPirate

Jun 20, 2015
    I just went back and looked over Ultimate Star Wars and I noticed that in his foreword, Anthony Daniels mentioned that he was the only actor to be in all seven films. I was pretty sure Kenny Baker was in VII, correct?

25. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    ^^^^^

Don't get on to Anthony Vs Kenny, LOL! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.