A thread for the Fenway faithful.

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I stopped into the NYC board and saw that they started a thread just to talk about the Yankees (and their hatred of the Sox). I felt like we should have a similar thread of our own to do the same, so I'll start.

Can anyone else believe how awesome these past two games have been for the Fenway faithful? A huge come-from-behind win on Tuesday and then the nail bitter yesterday, this is what baseball is all about. And now we're only 2.5 back!
  2. Cardboard_Han Force Ghost

The Red Sox are the BEST!!! GO BOSTON!!!

You know they're gonna kick NY's butt.
  3. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    What's the difference between a Yankee stadium hotdog, and a Fenway Park hotdog?

You can get a Yankee stadium hotdog in October. :p

*runs out of thread*
  4. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    Then why you using an icon made in Boston?

I say we crashed that thread....
  5. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    YANKEES SUCK!!!

Um, can we get in trouble for saying "suck"?
  6. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    What's the difference between a Yankee stadium hotdog, and a Fenway Park hotdog?

Say what you will Yanksfan, this year Georgie boy will be selling us his hotdog stock, since he won't be needing them (2 years in a row)!!!
  7. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    Ha ha, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any disrespect, I was just getting back at Cardboard_Han. That dude's been intentionally irking me all day. ;)

But hey, we *did* have hotdogs in October last year. Sure, it was only for a few games, but we *were* in the postseason atleast.

Until we meet again....
  8. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    None taken Yanksfan! A Yankee fan with cuervos big enough to come into a thread about the Red Sox and talk smack about them is OK in my book!!!

I know we'll be meeting eachother again in October <shaking with anticipation>. I don't think Seattle (although they are a great team) will get past the 1st round and neither will Kansas City.
  9. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    So if KC and Seattle get knocked out of the first round, then it would be a Oakland-New York rematch, right?
  10. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    No Moby, here's how it would pan out (I think) if the regular season were to end today:
    AL East = Yankees
    AL Central = Royals
    AL West = Mariners
    AL Wild Card = Red Sox
    Wild Card team plays the AL Central team,
    AL East team plays AL West team,
    then the Red Sox beat the Yankees and go on to the World Series.
  11. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Screw baseball!

Football season starts in a few weeks :D

12. ivylore2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Former Boston native checking in to root for the Sox!

:)

*Yes... a thread such as this one was needed.*

13. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    For anyone who wants to beat the living crap out of me, I'll be at Fenway Park a week from friday to root on those Seattle Mariners. Woohoo! Yeah, for one night I'll even cheer on Ichiro. *weird*.

Go Yanks. :p
  14. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Dude! Your set must be made of steel my friend! Even so, it is unwise to anger the Fenway faithful. Easily angered they become. You aren't even safe in the no alcohol section. I wish you luck. Your memory shall live on in Yankee fans minds through song and story of your brave act. Long live Yanksfan.
  15. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
  16. ivylore2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hahaha....

Your memory shall live on in Yankee fans minds through song and story of your brave act. Long live Yanksfan.

Do you not see that this is what she wants???

To go as a martyr in her own time, for the cause she clings to with unflagging faith. Feed not the ego that is Yanksfan!

[face_devil]

*Waves! Hi Yanks!*

17. Crix-Madine Force Ghost

star 4
    If you a Yankees fan, you don't even know what it's like to be a fan of a *real* baseball team.

Seriously, I'll write more on this later.
  18. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    *long intolerant sigh*

I look forward to your insights, Crix.

And Moby, before I head off to Beantown, pass on this message....tell my mother I love her..... ;)
  19. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on, carry on.....
  20. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Only 3-4 on their west coast trip! This does not bode well for us. Hopefully a day off will give the Sox what they need to turn things around. They'll need it now more than ever (Oakland, Seattle, and New York in 10 of the next 12 games).
  21. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't bellieve it!!! How can this keep happening!!! Lowe takes Sox into the seventh with a 2-0 lead and the bullpen blows it... ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!
  23. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Chalk up another one for our wonderful bullpen!!! That's two games in a row that the Sox bullpen blew a game within two innings of work.
  24. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    :D

Seen any interesting games lately?
  25. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's about time the Sox bats woke up. After leaving 14 men stranded on base Wednesday night, I'm glad they finally started bringing some of them home. Now we're back to 1 game back of Oakland and 7 back of the Yanks!

On a side note, did anyone watch the Little League game (or at least the 7th inning) last night? What an unbelievable ending. Congrats to the Saugus Little League Superstars!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.