main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A thread for the Fenway faithful.

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    After another close call Friday night and a huge come from behind win tonight, I think things are finally starting to turn around for the Sox. Let's just hope it stays that way.

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, your boys have done fairly well for themselves the last few games. Maybe this team may have what it takes to beat Oakland for the Wild Card. The next couple of weeks should get interesting.

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I think that with a relatively light schedule in September, as long as the Sox win the weekend series against the Yanks, the post-season is a lock.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Pedro was on fire yesterday!!! Only 1 run allowed in six innings and now holds the AL lead for most strikeouts. If the Sox can do to the Yanks what they did to the Mariners, They ought to cruise through September.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    What a great comeback yesterday! Too bad the Wonder Twins (Williamson and Sauerback) blew it for the Sox. I can't believe they gave up 5 runs in 2/3 of an inning [face_shocked]!!! And on top of that blew a chance to gain another game on the Yanks :mad:.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    This is awesome!!!!! With the Yanks loss to the White Sox and the Mariners loss to the D-Rays, the Sox are right back in the thick of things. I can't wait for the weekend of great baseball we have coming up!

7. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    If the Sox sweep the Yanks this weekend, there will be some serious spamming in the NYC forum. [face_devil]

I must prepare my socks.....

8. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Sox are going down.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Did you guys hear the news? Lou Merloni is coming back to Boston! As if having guys like Millar, Walker, Garciaparra, and Mueller isn't good enough we have Ortiz, Jackson, and Merloni to back them up. Say what you will Moby, but with this lineup, only great things will happen for the Sox from now on.

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Here's a pretty interesting article from Boston.com about the Red Sox, their history, and their fan-base.

Facing "The Nation"

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    1 game down and 2 to go!!! What a great game tonight! GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Lost this afternoon. Must win tomorrow!

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Pedro just wasn't on his game yesterday. The bats did what they could to rally but the bullpen blew it again.

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    This is bad. Losing two out of three to the Yanks is not how you get to the post season. Fortunately the Sox picked up a game today with their win and the Yanks loss. They need to pick things up this weekend if they're gonna make it to October.

15. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yeah, it was a real nail-biter in the 8th and 9th innings of the Sox / Phillies game today.

16. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It was a very up and down game. Now if we can just get a winning streak going. It would help if Manny would stop playing sick and hanging out with the Yankees.

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Great game last night against the ChiSox! Putting Kapler in instead of Manny turned out OK after all.

Question:
    What does everyone else think about Manny Ramirez? Should the Sox just let him do what he wants, or should they bench him more often to try and get the message across?

18. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    When Manny played for the Indians he was my favorite player, but I was bothered by his attitude at times. I don't follow Boston sports much at all, but if there's a message that Manny needs to get, best to do something about it now than wait until it gets even worse.

19. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Manny does his own thing. I don't think it's really that he has a bad attitude, just sort of a negligent one.

But we need him in the lineup, regadless.

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Talk about a nail-biter! Another great game last night and another example of how great our management crew is (picking up David Ortiz in the offseason).

21. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Yankees coming up again!

I know I've said this before, but if the Sox sweep there will be some major spamming in the NYC forum. Just a waring. [face_devil]

22. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    but if the Sox sweep

Thanks, you just made my week. I've never heard anything so amusing.

Maybe Manny will play this weekend :)

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I can't get over the slump that the Mariners have been in. They've lost two in a row to the D-Rays and have not only lost their grip on the AL West but on the WC as well. It's unfortunate that the Yanks came back and won last night, going into the series only 2.5 back would have been great for the Sox. Tonights game will be awesome. Pedro vs. Pettite Round-2!!!

24. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Sox win Game 1 in style!!! I was shocked to see Pettite get chased out in 3-2/3 innings last weekend. I was amazed to see him get chased in 2-1/3 innings yesterday. Lets just hope this win dosen't go to their heads. The Sox have to win this series.

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.