main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A thread for the Fenway faithful.

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I must find and punish Grady Little! :mad:

2. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    I've defended Grady all season long from his detractors (including the rest of my family).

No longer. Get him out. Timlin or Embree should have come in to start the 8th.

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Someone has to be blamed.

4. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I am so sorry to hear about the Sox losing to the best team money can buy. Actually if you want to blame anyone Blame the 1st baseman just like the shortstop in the Cubs game if he would have made that play to Pedro they would have had 2 outs and got out of the inning up 5-2 and probably won the game. Personally if the Sox would have won I would have watched the series but now I say hell no it gets so damn annoying to see the Yankees there almost every year and the sad thing is teams like the Twins and Marlins almost get contracted because the Yankees and all these big market teams get all the money and the little guys get the shaft. So my heart goes out to you all I feel your pain

5. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I am so sorry to hear about the Sox losing to the best team money can buy. Actually if you want to blame anyone Blame the 1st baseman just like the shortstop in the Cubs game if he would have made that play to Pedro they would have had 2 outs and got out of the inning up 5-2 and probably won the game. Personally if the Sox would have won I would have watched the series but now I say hell no it gets so damn annoying to see the Yankees there almost every year and the sad thing is teams like the Twins and Marlins almost get contracted because the Yankees and all these big market teams get all the money and the little guys get the shaft. So my heart goes out to you all I feel your pain. Obviously to the Yankees Money buys you rings not Talent

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
  7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Millar made an incredible snag to keep that ball from going into right field, taking away extra bases from Posada. If he had set his footing and not fallen, he probably would have made the throw, but he was so far out the Posada probably would have been safe anyway.

I just don't understand it :confused:. Grady pulls Wakefield in game 4 after 7+ innings, why didn't he do the same last night with Pedro? It was obvious that Pedro was tired and running on fumes, he just got out of the 7th by the skin of his teeth. The bullpen has been rock solid this offseason, either Embree or Timlin should have been call on to finish the job. The worst part of it is that Wakefield feels like he let the team down when he shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place :mad:! Now I must go and do the unthinkable, head over to the NYC boards and face the music.

8. ivylore2

ivylore2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    *sniffs*

I agree Pedro should have been pulled. I hate to say the decision to leave him in cost the Sox the game but...

(Not to put the guy down. He'd pitched a great game up until then.)

But yeah, he was tired.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Ryno, where do I sign up for your new club?

This could be the backdrop of your Grady Little Hater's Foundation website.

10. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I was so sure this would be the year...

88 years without a win? And to the Yankees?

For those of you who don't know, I'm also from Boston, MA.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

11. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    At the risk of being chased out of here with torches and spears, I just have to say this: thanks for a thrilling seven game series. To say your guys scared the crap out of us, would be putting it lightly.

12. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    If you're strong you live
    If you're the Yankees you DIE!!

<edit: and lol yanksfan>

13. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    At the risk of being chased out of here with torches and spears, I just have to say this: thanks for a thrilling seven game series. To say your guys scared the crap out of us, would be putting it lightly.

Glad to hear it. :p ;)

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Yes Yanksfan, it was definately a great ride. I can't wait to do it again next year!

15. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    [cheerful sarcasm] OH YAY!!! :D [/cheerful sarcasm]

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Have you guys heard the latest news about Grady Little? I guess after the game 7 loss, the Sox players were hugging and congratulating eachother and Grady felt that was inappropriate. He said that he's not sure if he wants to come back to manage the Sox. Why shouldn't they be happy with what they accomplished this year? At first I was at the front of the line for the lynch mob to hunt down Grady Little. After a few days I started to change my mind, after all he did get the team to the ALCS within 2 years of being manager. Now that I've heard this most recent statement, I'm back on the lynch mob parade. Goodbye and good riddance!

17. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Goodbye Grady!!!!

My prediction is coming true...
    Yankees would loose, and Tore would be leaving the Yankees.

Originally predicted September 6, 2003 on this thread.

Soon the Yankees will be crushed (happened 10/25/03) :D and Tore will be one of us. ( still pending ) [face_devil]

Go get Tore!!! Are you listening Sox Managment?

What a crush to NY if Tore manages the Sox next year. [face_laugh]

18. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    It wouldn't matter if Torre manages the Sox next year. He would be an Ex-Yankee and if you guys were to win it all, you would have to face up that you couldn't do it with out help from a former Yankee. And that wouldn't be much of a win.

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Moby:
    In that case, who's to say that the Yankees would have won if it weren't for an Ex-Sox player (Roger Clemens)?

20. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Yankee fans do not have hangups about the Red Sox. Of course we did not win without former Red Sox players. We got the Babe from you. In this case, we just see the talent your team is famous for discarding. Then we offer them a home and reap the benefits of success. We didn't go after Roger, he came to us. Why? Because he wanted a title and knew Toronto could not provide one. If the Red Sox not let him get away, who knows, the curse may have been broken by now.

EDIT: BTW we didn't have Roger in '96 and '98

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Yankee fans do not have hangups about the Red Sox.

Unfortunately Moby, you can't say that just like I can't say it about the feelings Sox fans have about Yankees players. The truth is that 99% of fans on both sides don't have any ill will or hatred twoards a specific player on the opposing team. Besides the sportsmanship of a little ribbing here and there, both fan bases are very well educated and dedicated to their respective teams. But there's always going to be that 1% that have to take the game down a notch with their negative comments and lack of true interest for the game.

All of that aside, Torre won't be coming to Boston. I agree with you Lucanas, the addition of a manager like Torre to the Sox organization would be great. But look at what Georgie Boy did to keep us from getting Colon. The thought of the Sox getting guys like Torre, Pettite, or Wells makes for some interesting conversation, but Darth Steinbrenner will do something to keep it from happening. You can count on it.

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It's official (well... almost). Grady Little will not be brought back on as the Red Sox manager for the 2004 season! An official announcment will be made later on today, but the Boston Globe is now reporting that"Grady Little was informed today by the Sox that they would not be exercising his option, according to a source close to Little."

Discussion:
    Who should the Red Sox look at to take Grady's place?

23. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I will take the job.

24. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I'll second that nomination!

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    What about Mike Hargrove? He did really well with the Indians (except for that whole '99 ALDS... thing). He also started to get the Orioles turned around. Not to mention that since he was Manny's manager before, he might be able to break him into more of a team player too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.