main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate A thread to combat the factual errors on Josef Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili and Mao Zhe Dong

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gharlane, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    "Stay on target!"

Also, I do believe jokes are forbidden in the Senate. If they arn't, they should be.

I believe we have more or less discussed this issue to death, however. Or does Gharlane have any more points he would like to address?

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i have points i wuld like to address. such as: this is the greatest thread ive ever seen

Ender Sai vs Darth Mischievous; ender in common cause with at least two (now missing... dare i imagine PURGED) trots; ender getting reamed out for speaking ill of the dear lady thatcher, all in a thread started by a hardcore anti-revisionist as a hagiography of stalin and mao

its a bit humbling to know that i have never been involved in a thread as entertaining as this one

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I'm contemplating doing an /r/badhistory post linking to the OP of this thread

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    lol AT60

Ender Sai likes this.
  5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

who is he?

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    A hypernationalistic Canadian whose authoritarianism veered on legit fascism, iirc. I mostly remember that he hated the US though :p

7. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Canadian ender?

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Half the posts in this thread:

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Not exactly. Ender never made casual references to him reading "Mein Kampf" as a leisure time activity, this guy did. I recall he made several other posts which gave people the distinct impression that he viewed Alois Schickelgruber's son with some admiration.

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, I was a lot more left leaning back in the day Rogue. I just then grew up. :p

AT60 was a fascist, plan and simple, with strong Nazi sympathies.

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

well, be fair to yourself. itt you're basically just arguing against totally ignorant americans being totally ignorant americans of the highest order; "i dont need to read no books, i fought for freedom dammit!!"

you even reference robert freaking conquest, so dont worry, nobody's accusing you of having a nuanced or even factually correct view of history :p

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

The Great Terror was, as I recall it, a fairly insightful tome on Stalin's purges. I read the revised version, as I believe the original had to estimate the number of victims sent to Gulags and ultimately went too high on the totals.

What's your concern with this book?

13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    well mostly that he's a terrible scholar (more of a propagandist, ultimately) and has been forced to recant not only his poorly researched death totals in this book (famously "overestimated by a factor of ten") but even entire conceptual claims, like the "terror-famine"/holodomor myth. i will say that he has the grace to admit (decades later when the damage has been done and the lies have become canonical) when he's wrong...?

14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    also i suspect the twin pop-history careers of robert conquest and robert service are an elaborate wordplay prank on the world

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I believe he also posted in the 9/11 thread on the old boards, as it was happening, "Good."

16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

ladies and gentlemen... i have a new favorite poster

17. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Rogue are you suggesting the holodomor never happened?

18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    im suggesting (as i have previously) that the famines in the ukraine were not man-made, and i bring this up because even famed (hack) historian robert conquest (author of the book "harvest of sorrow") has finally admitted in the last couple years that they were not

evidently even he was not immune to the Big Lie... clearly the Stalinists' influence is vast. which reminds me, you may begin calling me "Kommissar"

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Thank you, I'm pleased you've decided to name me such.

Rogue_Ten likes this.