main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A threat to Star Wars fan fic?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Space_Wolf, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Some of you might know (or don't!) that I have a couple of Star Wars fan fiction sites. One of them is for my own fan fic and one I started years ago when theforce.net was much busier than it is now for original character story writers. Apologies in advance if talking about this is against the advertising website rule, because it wasn't intended to be that way. I tried going on to them today and found that I couldn't access their urls. I went into my web host to make sure that the files haven't been deleted and they are still there. I've had nothing from my host about it and the sites themselves are hosted by a company in Canada. I was wondering if anything like that SOPA law has been passed on the quiet and what I could do to make them viewable again. Also, it's not just my sites that are at risk, but any site that hosts fan fiction, including the forums here.

Edit: It seems to be working now (after contacting the host) but it was strange as it only happened on the two sub-domains and on none of the others.

Mav Edit: I'm going to go ahead and lock this since the problem has been solved.

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    There are so many technical issues - software upgrades, servers going down - that can take a web site down, I'd look there first for the source of the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.