A Three Week Break?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by KelDorMaster, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelDorMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am simply going to ask if anyone knows why they persist with these breaks.
  2. Fistofan55 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't really know but I am under the impression that it is because they just plainly weren't ready to put Season 2 out in October because the production is so much more difficult with S2 being better than S1.

In other words, S2 is just plainly harder to make than S1 and "will take more time to grow".
    For all I know, Filoni and Co. may have had it planned all along for Season 2 to go on for a year and a half.
    Not a good move. Just like Jar-jar and Vindi. I've gotten over Ziro though...
  3. KelDorMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ha, I'm glad someone agrees about Nuvo Vindi. Ziro's not bad, and Jar Jar I can handle in VERY small doses. Speaking of Vindi how come Anakin and Obi-Wan dove for the viles he threw in the air instead of just grabbin them with the Force?

Anyway, they really need to take advantage of these breaks and get some episodes ready because they are driving us fans nuts. Two week break followed by a four week break followed by a three week break. Are we getting one or two episodes on the 22nd? Oh, and is there a preview?
  4. Ludo_Kressh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was under the impression that they were done with season 2 before season 1 ended and that they were halfway through production of season 3...I could be wrong though:confused:
  5. KelDorMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    I dont know if they were that far but I certainly recall them saying they were finished with at least 40 episodes before Season One was over
  6. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Yeah I wish there was some announcement as to why this is happening.It also seems that Cartoon Network is not promoting the show as much anymore.There more focused on BEN 10.
    I mean if the show is taking longer to complete that's fine,if there doing this to stretch it out till the end of May,whatever.I'm just getting frustrated that there was only 1 episode in the month of December,then it comes back for 2,then we half to wait almost another month for the next with NO REASON.
  7. Darthrevan4ever Force Ghost

star 6
    Its not a production thing cause they have already stated that season two is completed and they are working on 3 right now so it must be a cartoonnetwork thing.
  8. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    I think James Arnold Taylor said in the Christmas Forcecast that they were still editing episode 9 a few weeks ago. If they are really this far behind, then they should have held season 2 back for another month or two atleast. The scheduling this season has been insulting so far, and outright problematic when it comes to building an audience.
  9. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm just hoping they're behind because GL wants more Landing at point Rain scale battles to be featured.
  10. Fistofan55 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ugh. Ben 10. I hate that show now. The original Ben 10 was good but then it got worse and now we have this suckish Alien Force on. Use to watch Ben 10 but now CN has something worthwhile to watch and yet they can't figure just how special TCW is. Especially since S2 is so much more epic than the overly advertised Season 1.
    Where the hell is that preview?!

The Game Creator that CN advertises over and over again sucks too. Why? Cuz Anakin, Rex, and Bane are the only characters that are playable.
  11. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    "Used to watch Ben 10"
    Wow, just wow !!!!

[face_shame_on_you]

[face_idea]

I will admit I was a big sucker for Digimon back in the day, it was way better than Pokemon :D

I?m an addict to:p
  12. Fistofan55 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Don't get me wrong, Ben 10 has a lot of cool stuff and plenty of potential. I simply can't agree with how it has been handled recently (for the past 2 years). Digimon was way cooler than Pokemon but then there was just too many Digimon that I couldn't stay into it.
    That is the problem with anime. Everyting is overused and stories become poitnless. EX. Dragonball GT.
  13. ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm angry too with all these breaks... TCW is the only good thing on CN (all that other trashy anime looking stuff is just too overrated). CN should get the impression that TCW is their biggest hit on their station, not that Ben 10 junk. And not even a preview for "Lightsaber Lost".... :_|
  14. AvadaKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    CN has some good shows here and there. Johnny Test is amusing in a Dexter's Laboratory/Powerpuff Girls kinda way. Super Hero Squad is hilarious because it pokes fun at itself and squeaks some mature humor between the lines. Batman: The Brave and the Bold is good too. It's a bit dark--I mean, he is the Batman, after all--but not too dark.

Their lineup is certainly better than Nickelodeon's or Disney's, that's for sure.
  15. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    But how they're making those live-action shows on Cartoon Network..:oops: I don't think CN is getting better with time, but yeah, at least it's not Nickelodeon or Disney Channel.

CN aside, three weeks isn't so bad. Would it have been better if they made the recent episodes air one week each, instead of showing them together?
  16. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    They are definitely working on Season 3.

It's possible they are still doing some last-minute fine-tuning to Season 2 episodes, but I would be very surprised.

I'm starting to get a bit of a bad feeling about this.

First of all, Henry Gilroy and the other guy leave the Decoded project in the middle of it due to "creative reasons", and the project was abandoned and we never really got an explanation.

Then Henry mostly stopped writing for TCW the tv series, other than a couple of Season 2 episodes, and started focusing on the TCW comics.

Now we're getting time changes and weird scheduling breaks. This despite the great ratings and overall positive hype the show has been receiving.
  17. Ludo_Kressh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, it seems like either CN or LucasFilm is shooting itself in the foot...
  18. ILuvJarJar Force Ghost

star 6
    Jar Jar was awesome in both "BombadJedi" and "The Gungan General" [face_not_talking]
  19. ArrogantJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Don't understand these breaks either. I understood some of the ones they took last year because they wanted to keep the Geonosis arc together, but I 100% do not understand why there is a 3 week break this month. I'm actually curious to know WHY. The show has had excellent ratings, lots of people like it, so not sure why they are doing this. I can only somehow think that perhaps they want to stretch it out longer than Season 1 and into April.
  20. Brisi_Wine Jedi Knight

I believe these questions beg for a Jimmy Mac Investigative Report. I am very curious myself, especially because the ratings are so good.

21. Badger_Legion Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I'm curious about the reason for this break, too. The previous two breaks were around the time of major holidays, so I wasn't bothered by them at all. This one just seems random though. Weird way too schedule a show marketed at kids, especially considering how easily they lose interest in things.
  22. Gamer_4_life Jedi Youngling

star 1
  23. MvG-88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What possibly annoys me even more is how they choose to show 2 episodes at once only to take a damned break! Why couldn't we get The Deserter this week and wait two for the next episode? Bad scheduling has killed excellent shows in the past, and this is even more dangerous because, like Badger_Legion mentioned, it's primarily aimed at kids.
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Seriously, folks? It's a normal TV schedule. Very few shows take the 24-route of a non-stop season, or the Sci-Fi half-now-half-later season approach.

You get news episodes for a while, then they have a week or two or three off/reruns and they air another.

There are 54 weeks in a year and only 22 episodes in a season. Take out the 5 months or so between seasons and you have about 34 weeks or so. At least 4 to 6 of those will be skipped due to holidays like Halloween, Xmas and New Years. That still leaves 6 weeks unaccounted for.

They've also shown 2 double-episodes so far (HH/COD, now GI/TD), which means there's now 2 fewer episodes to show on an individual week, so you've gone up to 8 weeks.

That's 2 months you need to spread out within the series' run at some point, because they want the season to end at a particular time in the year (Marchish), not when they run out of episodes because they aired them all in a row- and the spacing is necessitated by wanting to launch the series at a particular time (Oct).

You can argue about airing 2 episodes back to back, sure, but it does make sense for episodes that are direct continuous sequels like GI/TD (as opposed to, say, the Ryloth trilogy, where it's really 3 separate events/stories that are just connected).

(on a sidenote, with the way they've been telling stories this season, I'm surprised they don't just bite the bullet and change the show's format to 12 or 13 one-hour long episodes instead of just doing several multi-part 3o-minute ones)

I mean, the same thing happened last season with Virus/Moons- we had to take a week off for that to air back-to-back. This is nothing new. It's just cold math and the necessities of a network schedule.
  25. AhsokaMiro Jedi Knight

star 3
    I guess the big question is, *are* the ratings being affected? Anyone know?

TCW is kind of a unique property that bucks the trend of kids not staying interested because I'm sure *so* many families of multigenerational fans watch it together. My kids and I sure do, and I never got roped into setting my clock for SpongeBob or Zach & Cody. CN may be taking it for granted, but I bet they'd have a hard time killing it if they tried, especially since everyone seems to agree that the show is just getting better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.